daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 23rd, 2014, 11:57 PM   #1861
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

EP-APA at test flight after check
I like the livery but i think the titles are really ugly with the word 'aseman' in such big letters while the rest is kept small.

fieldsofdreams, ovnours liked this post
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2014, 12:09 AM   #1862
IRANA320

Quote:
Originally Posted by billding View Post
Its rumored that four A340-600 acquired by Iraq are meant for Mahan Air.
They got iraqi registration, and airfleets shows they are for an airline called "Al-Naser Airlines", a small charter airline with 737-200 and 737-400.
I believe the 346 are now stored in baghdad.
Old October 24th, 2014, 01:17 AM   #1863
alejandro DS
BANNED

Likes (Received): 618

Like the new color scheme!!!
alejandro DS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2014, 04:13 PM   #1864
billding

Likes (Received): 733

Yes agree with the titles, wish they could rebrand it to Sky Airlines or Iran Sky or Sky Iran or FlySky even FlyAseman works and get a modern logo, but nice effort over commie looke they had adopted similar to Ariana Afghan current scheme.

Their original livery wasnt bad either, they could have simply spread the shades of blue stripes across the breadth of the tail, Aseman titles would have gone billboard like fly dubai etc. would have looked better with small A as aseman logo could have been placed under cockpit window, flag moved to back near registration and in smaller size.

IranAir liked this post

Last edited by billding; October 24th, 2014 at 04:46 PM.
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2014, 04:14 PM   #1865
billding

Likes (Received): 733

Its rumored Emirates are planning to start Shiraz.

Last edited by billding; October 24th, 2014 at 04:44 PM.
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2014, 04:38 PM   #1866
geostudent

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Hang on... Has Iraqi Airways purchased any of those A340-600s? I don't think it might come from that airline since only a few carriers operate it nowadays, including Etihad, China Eastern, and Virgin Atlantic. It was also formerly operated by Cathay Pacific too. If I remember correctly, Iraqi Airways got a few B777-200LRs.
http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/ne...ltese-a340-600

This link now says they are to stay with al naser for sure, but that just doesn't sound realistic...
geostudent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2014, 08:29 PM   #1867
Amirex111

Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by billding View Post
Its rumored Emirates are planning to start Shiraz.
Very interesting because I was thinking just today why they have not started earlier. Shiraz has now or will in the next months have for international connections the following options:
1. Qatar
2. Gulf Air
3. Turkish
4. Oman

It would be nice to add Emirates and Mahan.

firoz bharmal liked this post
Amirex111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2014, 11:36 PM   #1868
IRANA320

I am not sure if there is really enough demand for emirates,as their smallest aircraft is the a330,and as they usually serve destinations with very high frequencies to offer gould connections. We have to keep in mind that iranian airlines are also servings shiraz-dubai route,i know of mahan air and maybe iran air is also flying this route.
I think Dxb-syz route would be good for flydubai,since they can fly with a smaller plane and lower frequencies (like their new dxb-ika route).

firoz bharmal liked this post
Old October 25th, 2014, 11:25 AM   #1869
Amirex111

Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post

I am not sure if there is really enough demand for emirates,as their smallest aircraft is the a330,and as they usually serve destinations with very high frequencies to offer gould connections. We have to keep in mind that iranian airlines are also servings shiraz-dubai route,i know of mahan air and maybe iran air is also flying this route.
I think Dxb-syz route would be good for flydubai,since they can fly with a smaller plane and lower frequencies (like their new dxb-ika route).
While you are right about about Emirates strategy, only such airlines can offer transcontinental connections from Europe and North America. It might be rather good for them to start with 1-2 weekly flights to ensure full loads.
Amirex111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2014, 01:11 AM   #1870
geostudent

...codeshares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirex111 View Post
While you are right about about Emirates strategy, only such airlines can offer transcontinental connections from Europe and North America. It might be rather good for them to start with 1-2 weekly flights to ensure full loads.
And is it currently impossible to codeshare with Iranian carriers on that route?
Old October 29th, 2014, 12:33 AM   #1871
IRANA320

When we are talking about emirates,it doesnt matter if they are allowed or not,since they have the motto "book emirates,fly emirates",so appart from qantas they dont do codeshares with other airlines.
But i think western airlines are allowed to do codesharing with iranian airlines, i know of turkish airlines, aeroflot and austrian who worked together with Iran Air in the past,while i dont know if these codeshares still exist.

geostudent liked this post
Old October 29th, 2014, 05:15 AM   #1872
geostudent

Quote:

When we are talking about emirates,it doesnt matter if they are allowed or not,since they have the motto "book emirates,fly emirates",so appart from qantas they dont do codeshares with other airlines.
But i think western airlines are allowed to do codesharing with iranian airlines, i know of turkish airlines, aeroflot and austrian who worked together with Iran Air in the past,while i dont know if these codeshares still exist.
Turkish Airlines and Austrian codeshares still exist.
Old October 31st, 2014, 07:12 PM   #1873
IRANA320

According to german community airliners.de Germania is on the waitinglist for slots in dusseldorf airport for starting 1weekly Dusseldorf-Mashad flight!
Would be in addition to their 2 weekly tehran flights which will start in december.
Old November 1st, 2014, 11:49 PM   #1874
IranAir

Likes (Received): 310

Quote:
EP-APA at test flight after check
I like the livery but i think the titles are really ugly with the word 'aseman' in such big letters while the rest is kept small.
I think it is ugly. We are in 2014!

1. Logo is ugly with IR emblem
2. The colour scheme is a cheap copy of Malaysia Airlines
3. It should just read Aseman (the words Iran and Airline look horrible)
4. Font of Aseman is just horrible. Look at Air France or Air New Zealand font for example

Why do Iranians have sub par standards when it comes to the airports in Iran or the planes?

Look at some modern liveries:

Or some other nice new modern liveries:

Last edited by IranAir; November 2nd, 2014 at 12:01 AM.
IranAir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2014, 12:15 AM   #1875
IranAir

Iran needs to revamp its whole industry when sanctions are lifted.

Iran Air should only use IKA as a hub and fly:
a) International long distance destinations (North America, Asia Pacific), with a fleet of 787-8 and 787-9 or A350-900
b) European and South Asian Destinations with 737 MAX 9 or A321neo (it should have daily flights to at least 20 European Cities). The narrow body planes should have proper full bed business class
c) Regional flights with focus to Central Asia and Caucasus (737 MAX 7 and 737 MAX 8 or A319neo and A320 neo)
d) Multiple daily flights to Mashhad, Tabriz, Isfahan, Shiraz and also Kish, Qeshm, Kerman, Yazd

This way Iran Air could focus on tourists, business people and be a hub for South Asians and the Caucasus region.

Domestic flights across Iran and from Mehrabad could be operated by a separate new airline operating Bombardier CS100 and CS300.

After a while private airlines could be allowed to operate. But it is ridiculous to have the many dozens airlines Iran has now.

fieldsofdreams liked this post
Old November 2nd, 2014, 03:03 AM   #1876
ovnours
свинота

Likes (Received): 61102

Wow, i think it's the first time i see some1 making a compliment to Air France livery...
Old November 2nd, 2014, 03:23 PM   #1877
geostudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
Iran needs to revamp its whole industry when sanctions are lifted.

Iran Air should only use IKA as a hub and fly:
a) International long distance destinations (North America, Asia Pacific), with a fleet of 787-8 and 787-9 or A350-900
b) European and South Asian Destinations with 737 MAX 9 or A321neo (it should have daily flights to at least 20 European Cities). The narrow body planes should have proper full bed business class
c) Regional flights with focus to Central Asia and Caucasus (737 MAX 7 and 737 MAX 8 or A319neo and A320 neo)
d) Multiple daily flights to Mashhad, Tabriz, Isfahan, Shiraz and also Kish, Qeshm, Kerman, Yazd

This way Iran Air could focus on tourists, business people and be a hub for South Asians and the Caucasus region.

Domestic flights across Iran and from Mehrabad could be operated by a separate new airline operating Bombardier CS100 and CS300.

After a while private airlines could be allowed to operate. But it is ridiculous to have the many dozens airlines Iran has now.
Dude, it's not like Iranian airlines would not like to to do that... Things take time. Small improvements take place here and there everyday. The new livery is already better than the old one. Mahan has revamped its cabins. Qeshm Airline has brought more A320s etc etc

fieldsofdreams liked this post
Old November 3rd, 2014, 01:36 AM   #1878
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnours View Post
Wow, i think it's the first time i see some1 making a compliment to Air France livery...
I did not comment on the livery. I said Air France and Air New Zealand had nice fonts.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 01:40 AM   #1879
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by geostudent View Post
Dude, it's not like Iranian airlines would not like to to do that... Things take time. Small improvements take place here and there everyday. The new livery is already better than the old one. Mahan has revamped its cabins. Qeshm Airline has brought more A320s etc etc
I know but those changes are simply not good enough.

Mahan Air cabins are nowhere near cabins of the top 50 airlines in the world and I an being generous.

On aircraft the airlines cannot do much. But even if sanctions are lifted the current management is just not capable of running professional airports or airlines.

Iran is even behind Ethopia, Kenya or Iraq when it comes to commercial aviation.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 01:41 AM   #1880
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11258

Just wondering if this is still in operation...

Mahan Air BAe 146-300 (reg. EP-MOF)

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines