daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 3rd, 2014, 08:52 AM   #1881
IranAir

Likes (Received): 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
Iran Air, iran air, who is iran air? They are stagnating for almost a decade,while Mahan Air has developed so rapidly from a cargo airline with russian planes to the airline with the most planes in its fleet. Look at their cabin, it is up to date with western airlines! Who would have thought that some years before?
Just think of what iran air achieved in the last years, how many planes they have bought,how many new destinations they have annouced. And then you have to compare it to Mahan,you will see who is the new big player in Iran.
Iran Air management is completely incapable. The organisation is run by people who are not there by merit.

Iran Air needs a new management and change strategy as I mentioned in my previous post.

If I was them I would also rebrand the name to HOMA. Iran Air is nowadays associated with bad safety record and poor quality.

Sanctions have hit the firm but Mahan has proven that better management can still do a lot.

However, Mahan cabins are nowhere close to topEuropean or American airlines and they do not even come closeto Asian or Middle Eastern (key competitors) ones.

Add the disadvantage of sanctions, horrible airports with no dedicated terminals and transit, no entertainment systems and no alcohol and you see why even Mahan will not really be able to compete internationally any time soon.

aleksandar_s, geostudent liked this post
IranAir no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2014, 09:01 AM   #1882
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
I truly hope that the sanctions that prevent Iran Air and all Iranian carriers from purchasing newer, more fuel-efficient aircraft will be lifted soon so that those can finally catch up with the rest of the world.

Another airline I have not seen before too...

Atrak Airlines A320-200 (reg. EP-TTB)

This is ridiculous. Too may airlines.

It is not efficient, leads to bad safety records and it kind of makes no sense.

Iran needs one airline run out of IKA for international flights with flights to a limited number of domestic cities.

It needs one airline just focused on domestic flights.

Maybe a third airline with domesic flights and interinational flights outside Tehran (i.e. Mashhad, Tabriz, Shiraz, Esfahan).

Also airlines should build their own dedicated terminals.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 09:08 AM   #1883
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11258

How many airlines in Iran can be classified as:

- Full-service carriers (FSCs)
- Low-cost carriers (LCCs)
- Cargo carriers

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2014, 09:10 AM   #1884
IranAir

Quote:

Since IR phases out their last SP next month as i remember, parts wont be for these planes.
Iran is not purchasing parts. Just maps.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 09:11 AM   #1885
IranAir

Quote:
How many airlines in Iran can be classified as:

- Full-service carriers (FSCs)
- Low-cost carriers (LCCs)
- Cargo carriers
Too many. It is really ridiculous.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 09:16 AM   #1886
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Mind if you can break it down so that we can analyze how Iranian carriers operate?

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
Old November 3rd, 2014, 09:22 AM   #1887
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by billding View Post
A livery refresh idea

Horrible
Old November 3rd, 2014, 09:23 AM   #1888
IranAir

Quote:
Mind if you can break it down so that we can analyze how Iranian carriers operate?
I do not know all of them. But here a list which is a bit out of date.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airlines_of_Iran
Old November 3rd, 2014, 09:42 AM   #1889
IranAir

Quote:
Take a look at the new business class of Mahan Air, it is simply breathtaking..http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...7884853&nseq=0
Given this is an A300 it is impressive and a step in the right direction.

However, we should also be honest:
1. Mahan desperately needs a proper livery.
2. Medium and Long Haul flights (3.5 hourse or more) should not have leather seats.
3. I am sorry to say but interior is irrelevant if you cannot offer proper entertainment and wifi (without filtering pages) on medium to long range flights.
4. Most modern airlines arrange seats in business such that everyone can have access to the aisle. Just look at BA or Qatar on the dreamliner. They are truly stunning.

If this is for domestic or regional flights then all comments except livery and wifi are void and this is stunning.

Does anyone know seat widths and pitches on this plane?

firoz bharmal liked this post

Last edited by IranAir; November 3rd, 2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 10:30 AM   #1890
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirex111 View Post
New article, talks about Bombardier doing a sales pitch with Iran's civil Aviation head.
http://english.farsnews.com/newstext...13930326001144
Let's hope. The CS100 and CS300 are the best and most efficient planes for domestic routes. Any airline that does not fly larger wide body planes should use Bombardiers CS versions.

Boeing 737 and Airbus 320 only make sense if an airline operates Boeing or Airbus wide body. Otherwise new Bombardier planes are better and more efficient.

Last edited by IranAir; November 3rd, 2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old November 4th, 2014, 03:10 AM   #1891
geostudent

Likes (Received): 30

I'm not sure about the rebranding of IranAir into Homa, because IranAir is also associated with its former glory, running vintage planes quite well (quite...) and good food. And for Iranians in exile it's a little love story.

On the CSeries, that would be truly amazing... BUT it's Fars News Agency, which is only a semi official channel and posts a lot of crap (have a look around their website )
geostudent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2014, 04:28 AM   #1892
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by geostudent View Post
I'm not sure about the rebranding of IranAir into Homa, because IranAir is also associated with its former glory, running vintage planes quite well (quite...) and good food. And for Iranians in exile it's a little love story.

On the CSeries, that would be truly amazing... BUT it's Fars News Agency, which is only a semi official channel and posts a lot of crap (have a look around their website )
Iran Air is called HoMA in Persian and HoMA stands for Havapeymaye Melli Iran. National Airline of Iran. Homa is also an ancient Persian mythodology bird. Finally the Iran Air livery has HoMA written on it in Persian anyway.

These days nobody remembers Iran Air's past glory. It is a very bad airline even by Iranian standards, service is also horrible and the safety record is appalling. It needs rebranding.

With regards to Fars it is owned by the Revolutianary Guards so they have a lot of inside information.

Bombardier CS just makes sense for Iran given Iran has hardly any A320s or 737s. So it makes sense to buy the CSeries. They are cheaper, more comfotable, more modern and more efficient.

Even the Bombardier President has said they are trying to sell both planes and trains to Iran.
Old November 4th, 2014, 04:32 AM   #1893
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

That's great if Iran Air accepts such a gracious offer from Bombardier, especially that its regional and short-haul aircraft definitely need some serious upgrading. And by the way, is there any progress from either the EU or the United States to finally lift the aircraft embargo so that Iran carriers can finally get better aircraft?

Old November 4th, 2014, 09:00 AM   #1894
IranAir

Quote:
That's great if Iran Air accepts such a gracious offer from Bombardier, especially that its regional and short-haul aircraft definitely need some serious upgrading. And by the way, is there any progress from either the EU or the United States to finally lift the aircraft embargo so that Iran carriers can finally get better aircraft?
Regarding sanctions we will know more by 24 November.

Bombardier wants to sell to anyone in Iran. I think Mahan has a great future. I cannot really see Iran Air improve even if sanctions are lifted. The CEO is an ideological person and cannot be compared to CEOs of Persian Gulf country's airlines. Anyway, I will later write my views on Iran Air stragey and proposed routes and planes.

I think for short haul Iran needs: CS100, CS300, 737 MAX 7, 737 MAX 8, A319neo, A320neo.

For medium range including Europe: 737-9, 787-8, A321neo, A330-800

For long haul: 787-9, A350-900
Old November 5th, 2014, 03:39 AM   #1895
geostudent

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
Iran Air is called HoMA in Persian and HoMA stands for Havapeymaye Melli Iran. National Airline of Iran. Homa is also an ancient Persian mythodology bird. Finally the Iran Air livery has HoMA written on it in Persian anyway.

These days nobody remembers Iran Air's past glory. It is a very bad airline even by Iranian standards, service is also horrible and the safety record is appalling. It needs rebranding.
Well... I thought the food was pretty good . They have a generous luggage allowance too, and they are constantly booked out (at least when I try), so I think they are not as hated as you describe it, but I agree that rebranding (or rather upgrading) is urgently needed.
geostudent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 10:28 AM   #1896
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by geostudent View Post
Well... I thought the food was pretty good . They have a generous luggage allowance too, and they are constantly booked out (at least when I try), so I think they are not as hated as you describe it, but I agree that rebranding (or rather upgrading) is urgently needed.
You realise Iran Air has only 30 planes or so left. So it does not have many flights. Now consider that the airline is loss making. Becauseit is Governmet owned it cares less about losses so it offers higher luggage allowance and more food to attract some customers.

So it is no surprise that given limited number of options, and given the prices and the fact the competitors offer their worst and oldest planes on routes Iran Air flies, that several routes are fully booked out.

Fact is Iran Air should have been the largest and best Airline in the Middle East. It is a disgrace where it is now.

I will later write my views on what it must do.

geostudent, fieldsofdreams liked this post
Old November 6th, 2014, 12:49 AM   #1897
billding

Likes (Received): 733

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
Horrible
Compared to? its just a refresh for current boring look, which was nice when new but not anymore, bringing back a modernised version of its pre 1995 livery, conservative yet adding some colour and style, I'm sure much better can be created.
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2014, 12:56 AM   #1898
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Mahan Air A310-300 (ET) (reg. EP-MNV)

Old November 6th, 2014, 02:37 AM   #1899
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by billding View Post
Compared to? its just a refresh for current boring look, which was nice when new but not anymore, bringing back a modernised version of its pre 1995 livery, conservative yet adding some colour and style, I'm sure much better can be created.
Compared to any decent new airline livery. Iran Air deserves a proper new design and livery by professional companies. It is not something that either of us can create over night.

What you have posted is honestly not that great and looks like a low cost carier. For example look at the livery of Malaysia A380 or Etihad A380.

I have seen a great picture for Iran Air livery recently which if modified could be one option to play with and modify but I have no idea how ro attach the picture.
Old November 6th, 2014, 02:44 AM   #1900
IranAir

Quote:
Again lot of work needed. This is horrible.

The flag needs to move and be much smaller. Aircraft type should be at the nose. The font, font colour and font size of Mahan Air are horrible. The tail is ugly. Especially a darker green wod be much nicer. The green colour the current seats have would be much nicer. ThePersian text is so out of place and not needed. If they want to keep it they should do something elegant like Emirates or Etihad.

I prefer simple liveries but this is just too plain and it's not fresh. Even Iraqi Airways is much nicer. Especially their concept livery for the 787.

Overall Iranian liveries lack creativity and taste. What is worst different aircraft are not consistent.

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines