daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 6th, 2014, 04:22 PM   #1901
billding

Likes (Received): 733

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
Compared to any decent new airline livery. Iran Air deserves a proper new design and livery by professional companies. It is not something that either of us can create over night.

What you have posted is honestly not that great and looks like a low cost carier. For example look at the livery of Malaysia A380 or Etihad A380.

I have seen a great picture for Iran Air livery recently which if modified could be one option to play with and modify but I have no idea how ro attach the picture.
Current titles in billboard and white engines might look better., IR need a new livery but its more than likely they wont and just need a refresh. Malaysia Airlines A330 and 737 livery is LCC style.

As for linking photo here, right click on image choose properties from popup menu, new popup will appear, now copy image URL in there, when posting here click on the icon showing mountains with yellow background left of the quote icon, add the URL in there and you are done.

If using Firefox right click on image click copy image location form popup menu and do the rest as above.

Last edited by billding; November 6th, 2014 at 04:34 PM.
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #1902
ZNaseer

Likes (Received): 351

Iran Air B747-230BM (EP-IAI) at Kuala Lumpur (November 2014)
ZNaseer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2014, 08:07 PM   #1903
IranAir

Likes (Received): 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by billding View Post
Current titles in billboard and white engines might look better., IR need a new livery but its more than likely they wont and just need a refresh. Malaysia Airlines A330 and 737 livery is LCC style.

As for linking photo here, right click on image choose properties from popup menu, new popup will appear, now copy image URL in there, when posting here click on the icon showing mountains with yellow background left of the quote icon, add the URL in there and you are done.

If using Firefox right click on image click copy image location form popup menu and do the rest as above.
I know how to link. I want to upload one.
IranAir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2014, 11:06 PM   #1904
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11258

Want me to do it for you? Just tell me what you want to post, and I will show you how to do it.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 04:19 AM   #1905
IranAir

An image I saw on FB and downloaded on my mobile. Not aure how to upload it.
Old November 7th, 2014, 05:01 AM   #1906
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Upload it to a photo sharing site first, then get the code... alternatively, PM me with the picture you have.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
Old November 7th, 2014, 05:11 AM   #1907
aleksandar_s
ETOPS-9000 certified

Likes (Received): 528

imgur.com is my favorite image hosting service. Completely free and very user friendly.

www.imgur.com

IranAir liked this post
aleksandar_s no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 10:09 PM   #1908
IRANA320

Likes (Received): 93

I fully agree with you that Iran Air should definetely needs a change in mangement and livery.
But saying that they should rebrand themself into "Homa" is simply bullshit.
If you say that IR should also do connecting flights, which non-farsi speaking person would fly with that company? 'Homa' says nothing to everyone not speaking farsi.
When we are talking about IR in Iran, they have still a better image than many other carriers, especially when it comes to international flights. Also you have to take into account that everybody in Iran knows the brand Iran Air.
IRANA320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 10:41 PM   #1909
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Kish Air MD-82 (reg. EP-LCJ)

Old November 8th, 2014, 01:15 AM   #1910
billding

Likes (Received): 733

I wont comment on Iranian carriers liveries anymore but one poster said change takes time, why in Iran with its rich thousands of years old past over just 30 years of revolution, how have these thirty years changed all that existed before? look at this new LCC started in Zimbabwe called Fly Africa simple professional look https://www.facebook.com/ortambointe...179584/?type=1 and website http://flyafrica.com/en, everyone knows what a mess Zimbabwe is, with no rich history or past, even before colonisation.

Iranian expats can set up such an airline, or work with existing airlines and change their images, if there is a will to bring them up to par with carriers around the world.

Last edited by billding; November 8th, 2014 at 01:25 AM.
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2014, 05:01 AM   #1911
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by billding View Post
I wont comment on Iranian carriers liveries anymore but one poster said change takes time, why in Iran with its rich thousands of years old past over just 30 years of revolution, how have these thirty years changed all that existed before? look at this new LCC started in Zimbabwe called Fly Africa simple professional look https://www.facebook.com/ortambointe...179584/?type=1 and website http://flyafrica.com/en, everyone knows what a mess Zimbabwe is, with no rich history or past, even before colonisation.

Iranian expats can set up such an airline, or work with existing airlines and change their images, if there is a will to bring them up to par with carriers around the world.
I fully agree. Very sad.

The reason things are like this is:
1. Country run by people who come from villages and have never seen anything professional
2. Rulers do not believe in modernity and professionalism. They are hypocrites and populists and need to show that things are shabby and not costly (easier to steal money this way)

What annoys me though, and I have said it before as well, is that many Iranians say: "This is good for Iran" or "it will get better with time".

Why do we have such low expectations? I mean all aircraft liveries are horrible. We can't possibly blame this on sanctions as well. Websites are horrible. There are no mobile apps either.

IKA is a disgrace for an airport built in this century.
No airline has its own sections or terminals, no metro after almost 10 years, domstic flights are in a different airport, IKA is designed badly and inefficient. The entrance for departure with double security makes no sense and is horrible. It just causes long queues. When more than 3 flights arrive the airport becomes a mess.

Yet some Iranians say it is ok. Just compare it to other newly built airports anywhere and tell me why it is ok that anywthing we have is below par?

I would love to build an airline myself. But I don't have the money. I wll soon write a plan of what building an airline should entail. I would definitely help if a newly planned airline was set up. I have been working for over 10 years in investment banking so I know quite a bit about setting up companies and running them efficiently.

Last edited by IranAir; November 8th, 2014 at 05:06 AM.
Old November 8th, 2014, 05:04 AM   #1912
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Want me to do it for you? Just tell me what you want to post, and I will show you how to do it.
How can I attach an image in a pm?

Anyway not a big issue. I can later share it somewhere online and then send a link.

Last edited by IranAir; November 8th, 2014 at 05:26 AM.
Old November 8th, 2014, 05:09 AM   #1913
IranAir

Quote:
I mean nowhere near great but still much better than what other airlines in Iran produce. I sill do not understand the fettish with flags, especially not big ones, that Iranian airlines have.

For god's sake, you are flying domestic routes and we all get you are from Iran.
Old November 8th, 2014, 05:15 AM   #1914
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
I fully agree with you that Iran Air should definetely needs a change in mangement and livery.
But saying that they should rebrand themself into "Homa" is simply bullshit.
If you say that IR should also do connecting flights, which non-farsi speaking person would fly with that company? 'Homa' says nothing to everyone not speaking farsi.
When we are talking about IR in Iran, they have still a better image than many other carriers, especially when it comes to international flights. Also you have to take into account that everybody in Iran knows the brand Iran Air.
I disagree.

1. In Iran everyone knows Iran Air primarily by Homa. This is a fact. The Persian text on the livery says Homa, the Persian announcements say 'thank you for flying Homa' and the hotel groups are called Hotel Homa.

Homa is just the initial for National Iranian Airlines.

2. Intenationally Iran Air's reputation is damaged. Better to have an airline with no bad track than Iran Air's.

I think the name is not the most critical aspect, but we all agree major rebranding is needed and the management I have seen is incapable of it. They are not there by merit but by revolutionary credentials.

Mahan Air will further widen the gap.
Old November 8th, 2014, 06:56 AM   #1915
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
How can I attach an image in a pm?

Anyway not a big issue. I can later share it somewhere online and then send a link.
Just send me the image you want to post in a PM (make sure that the ending is either .GIF, .JPG, .PNG, or an image-related suffix), and I will post it for you.

Old November 8th, 2014, 04:08 PM   #1916
IRANA320

EP_APF A320 ex Mahan Air
Old November 8th, 2014, 04:18 PM   #1917
IRANA320

Quote:
Why do we have such low expectations? I mean all aircraft liveries are horrible. We can't possibly blame this on sanctions as well. Websites are horrible. There are no mobile apps either.
I agree with you that IR website is simply horrible, but Mahan Air's one has improved significantly in last time, e.g they have introduced a virtual tour inside their planes. I like the website and think that the design is up to date. They have also a mobile version of their website.

Quote:
IKA is a disgrace for an airport built in this century.
No airline has its own sections or terminals, no metro after almost 10 years, domstic flights are in a different airport, IKA is designed badly and inefficient. The entrance for departure with double security makes no sense and is horrible. It just causes long queues.
If you compare IKA airport to other airports in Iran like Mehrabad, you have to admit that it is really modern. Aditionally the departure floor is kept really bright with the large use of glass. The departure floor does not have to hide from other airports in the region. Also when it comes to cleanliness IKA is good in my opinion.
Old November 9th, 2014, 01:56 AM   #1918
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

By the way, I have a question: if the sanctions against Iran are lifted, could Iran Air's first move would be to buy new aircraft in order to replace their old B747s and A300s? If so, will it be buying second-hand (long-haul) aircraft for a while until it can re-establish its status as a reputable carrier?

I mean, I am hopeful that Bombardier can break the ice with Iran Air (Homa) and allow it to buy the C-Series aircraft so that it can finally modernize itself.

Old November 9th, 2014, 04:12 AM   #1919
IranAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRANA320 View Post
EP_APF A320 ex Mahan Air
Horrible
Old November 9th, 2014, 04:13 AM   #1920
IranAir

Quote:
Just send me the image you want to post in a PM (make sure that the ending is either .GIF, .JPG, .PNG, or an image-related suffix), and I will post it for you.
PM is no different than posting a message. I have no attachment option. Anyway no big deal for now.

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines