daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 19th, 2014, 09:44 PM   #1941
billding
Registered User
 
billding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,460
Likes (Received): 733

I know I said no more commenting on liveries but I think this would work great for some Iranian carrier, it looks like Persian carpet design work.

__________________

firoz bharmal liked this post

Last edited by billding; November 19th, 2014 at 09:51 PM.
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2014, 11:49 PM   #1942
IranAir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 629
Likes (Received): 308

These are all old liveries. New liveries should look much fresher.

Iranian airlines need to hire proper design companies.
IranAir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2014, 12:05 PM   #1943
IranAir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 629
Likes (Received): 308

According to BBC Persian the UAE is the reason Boeing is not selling to Iran.

Apparently they have threatened to terminate some orders.
__________________

firoz bharmal, geostudent liked this post
IranAir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2014, 10:29 AM   #1944
firoz bharmal
Registered User
 
firoz bharmal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rajkot , Dubai.....
Posts: 3,207
Likes (Received): 2416

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
According to BBC Persian the UAE is the reason Boeing is not selling to Iran.

Apparently they have threatened to terminate some orders.
you have plenty of options....Airbus,Sukhoi,Mitsubishi,Emberador,Bombrider etc...!
__________________
Waiting for Next Vacation......
firoz bharmal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2014, 02:23 PM   #1945
iranair777
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 327
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
According to BBC Persian the UAE is the reason Boeing is not selling to Iran.

Apparently they have threatened to terminate some orders.
Why would UAE block the sale of A/C to Iran? Any source on this?
iranair777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2014, 04:57 PM   #1946
billding
Registered User
 
billding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,460
Likes (Received): 733

BBC is a mischief maker they want to sow discord between Muslims, Arab-Iranian, Shia-Sunni, beware.
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2014, 05:03 PM   #1947
billding
Registered User
 
billding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,460
Likes (Received): 733

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
These are all old liveries. New liveries should look much fresher.

Iranian airlines need to hire proper design companies.
What can be fresher than a eurowhite, increasing number of airlines are ditching old style liveries and moving to this look, all Mahan needs currently is a professional tail and nice font, infact that PIA livery could be Mahan with a different tail logo, Mahanair in same font colour as Pakistan, persian Mahan stylised like the urdu PIA.
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2014, 05:11 AM   #1948
IranAir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 629
Likes (Received): 308

Quote:
Originally Posted by iranair777 View Post
Why would UAE block the sale of A/C to Iran? Any source on this?
Yes some experts on a BBC Persian programme. It is on the website under videos.

Reason is clear, they want the industry to stay backward so they can benefit from transit. Most Iranians fly Emirates and Turkish on international routes and Etihad is gaining market share.

Over 2 million Iranians live in North America.

Additionally Iran is better placed for transit. They benefit from the status quo. More broadley Saudi Arabia and UAE behind the scenes are lobbying as much as Israel against a deal between Iran and the West.
IranAir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2014, 05:16 AM   #1949
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator
 
fieldsofdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manila • San Francisco
Posts: 18,819
Likes (Received): 11253

Hmmm... if the sanctions are lifted now, either Mehrabad or Imam Khomeini is rehabilitated and expanded to allow even more international flights, and Iran Air or Mahan Air are able to buy new long-haul aircraft, how will it impact current operations by Etihad, Emirates, and Qatar Airways in terms of connecting traffic?
__________________
Anthony or FOD the MOD • Urban Studies & Planning, SF State, UC Berkeley, and San Jose State
Philippine Forums • SF Bay Area Forums • Bay Area Transit • NEW! SF Bay Area and NorCal in Pictures
Photo Albums: Flickr • Photobucket • Instagram

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2014, 05:18 AM   #1950
IranAir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 629
Likes (Received): 308

Quote:
Originally Posted by billding View Post
BBC is a mischief maker they want to sow discord between Muslims, Arab-Iranian, Shia-Sunni, beware.
There is no and there will not be unity between Iran and the Persian Gulf states. The issues are much deeper routed and far outdate the existence of the BBC.

1. Persian Gulf states hate Iran and spread anti Persian hate for centuries. They have an inferiority complex
2. Sunni / Shia divide started because Khomeini wanted to expand the revolution and the IR wants to expand its influence and be a leader in the muslim world and because Salafis are extremists
3. BBC is biased but still much better than FOX, Al Jazeera or any Iranian channel. Besides the people talking where people working for the EU

As said it is in Saudi Arabia and UAE interest for Iran to be under sanctions
__________________

billding liked this post
IranAir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2014, 05:20 AM   #1951
IranAir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 629
Likes (Received): 308

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Hmmm... if the sanctions are lifted now, either Mehrabad or Imam Khomeini is rehabilitated and expanded to allow even more international flights, and Iran Air or Mahan Air are able to buy new long-haul aircraft, how will it impact current operations by Etihad, Emirates, and Qatar Airways in terms of connecting traffic?
Short term it will mostly cost them millions of Iranian customers who will prefer direct routes.

Long term, especially if Iran builds proper airports and lifts restrictions on Islamic code on flights, they will lose much more on transit.
IranAir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2014, 05:23 AM   #1952
IranAir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 629
Likes (Received): 308

Quote:
Originally Posted by billding View Post
What can be fresher than a eurowhite, increasing number of airlines are ditching old style liveries and moving to this look, all Mahan needs currently is a professional tail and nice font, infact that PIA livery could be Mahan with a different tail logo, Mahanair in same font colour as Pakistan, persian Mahan stylised like the urdu PIA.
In theory I agree. But the green needs to be darker.

Also, nowadays designs are becoming very clean and sophisticated. Look at Malaysia A380, ANA, Etihad, Air NewZealand or even Iraqi.

I rather have professional companies come up with designs.
IranAir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2014, 05:24 AM   #1953
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator
 
fieldsofdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manila • San Francisco
Posts: 18,819
Likes (Received): 11253

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
Short term it will mostly cost them millions of Iranian customers who will prefer direct routes.

Long term, especially if Iran builds proper airports and lifts restrictions on Islamic code on flights, they will lose much more on transit.
Tell me more about those "restrictions" on Islamic code on flights... I have not heard of that before.
__________________
Anthony or FOD the MOD • Urban Studies & Planning, SF State, UC Berkeley, and San Jose State
Philippine Forums • SF Bay Area Forums • Bay Area Transit • NEW! SF Bay Area and NorCal in Pictures
Photo Albums: Flickr • Photobucket • Instagram

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2014, 01:15 PM   #1954
geostudent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: PARIS
Posts: 107
Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Tell me more about those "restrictions" on Islamic code on flights... I have not heard of that before.
Iranian companies don't serve alcohol.

On domestic flights women must be veiled.

On international flights, women must technically be veiled until the aircraft leaves Iranian airspace, but this is not really being enforced anymore (at least that was my experience on IR710-711 LHR-IKA-LHR).
geostudent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2014, 02:21 PM   #1955
iranair777
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 327
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
Yes some experts on a BBC Persian programme. It is on the website under videos.
Do you have a link? I cant find it
iranair777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2014, 02:31 PM   #1956
IranAir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 629
Likes (Received): 308

Quote:
Originally Posted by geostudent View Post
Iranian companies don't serve alcohol.

On domestic flights women must be veiled.

On international flights, women must technically be veiled until the aircraft leaves Iranian airspace, but this is not really being enforced anymore (at least that was my experience on IR710-711 LHR-IKA-LHR).
Passengers have to wear a veil on transit as well.

There are also no proper entertainment systems and no proper movies or news can be offered because of censorship.

Iran has the slowest internet in the world with the toughest filters. So WiFi will also be problematic.
IranAir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2014, 02:33 PM   #1957
IranAir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 629
Likes (Received): 308

Quote:
Originally Posted by iranair777 View Post
Do you have a link? I cant find it
I can search later but if you go to BBC Persian website on video clips it should be there.

In any case this is in line with Persian Gulf countries policies of lobbying against Iran.
IranAir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2014, 08:41 PM   #1958
billding
Registered User
 
billding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,460
Likes (Received): 733

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
In theory I agree. But the green needs to be darker.

Also, nowadays designs are becoming very clean and sophisticated. Look at Malaysia A380, ANA, Etihad, Air NewZealand or even Iraqi.

I rather have professional companies come up with designs.
ANA livery is from 1982, but looks good even now.
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2014, 08:45 PM   #1959
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator
 
fieldsofdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manila • San Francisco
Posts: 18,819
Likes (Received): 11253

Quote:
Originally Posted by geostudent View Post
Iranian companies don't serve alcohol.

On domestic flights women must be veiled.

On international flights, women must technically be veiled until the aircraft leaves Iranian airspace, but this is not really being enforced anymore (at least that was my experience on IR710-711 LHR-IKA-LHR).
Quote:
Originally Posted by IranAir View Post
Passengers have to wear a veil on transit as well.

There are also no proper entertainment systems and no proper movies or news can be offered because of censorship.

Iran has the slowest internet in the world with the toughest filters. So WiFi will also be problematic.
Hmmm... very interesting. But, only one of it is actually part of Muslim law (no alcohol served on board), the rest are just policies mandated by the Iranian government, it seems...

And by the way, why do transit passengers have to wear veils? I thought only women do it... but, I think social norms need to be changed so that they can come out and become free in society.
__________________
Anthony or FOD the MOD • Urban Studies & Planning, SF State, UC Berkeley, and San Jose State
Philippine Forums • SF Bay Area Forums • Bay Area Transit • NEW! SF Bay Area and NorCal in Pictures
Photo Albums: Flickr • Photobucket • Instagram

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2014, 09:32 PM   #1960
geostudent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: PARIS
Posts: 107
Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Hmmm... very interesting. But, only one of it is actually part of Muslim law (no alcohol served on board), the rest are just policies mandated by the Iranian government, it seems...

And by the way, why do transit passengers have to wear veils? I thought only women do it... but, I think social norms need to be changed so that they can come out and become free in society.
We mean female passengers in transit have to wear the veil. Because women need to be veiled in Iran everywhere in public. It's not really a social norm, rather it is a strongly enforced law by the government against the will of the people.
geostudent no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
iran, middle eastern airlines

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium