daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 28th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #21
**RS**

Likes (Received): 50828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Vadson View Post
I've got two questions to **RS**.

1. Since when this "Reed Quay" (I would say Reed Bay) has become a business district of Sevastopol? It was always considered to be a "sleep district", because it contains a lot of houses.

2. Has this building any protection against earthquakes? Because the Sevastopol has a possibility of earthquake up to 8 points magnitude. This building will collapse just like a card house in this case.
1. Since 2000-s this district is planned to develop as a business district. There are a lot of office buildings and malls proposed to build in Reed Quay.
2. As for protection from earthquakes, I do not know. But this building has a reinforced concrete frame, and is unlikely to collapse as a card house

MY CITY SEVASTOPOL: PROJECTS & CONSTRUCTION | CITYSCAPES || URBANITY IN RUSSIA
**RS** no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2010, 10:43 PM   #22
Dr Vadson

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by **RS** View Post
1. Since 2000-s this district is planned to develop as a business district. There are a lot of office buildings and malls proposed to build in Reed Quay.
1. Reed Bay.
2. It is maybe planned, but it is not a business district now (it is more like a sleeping district).

Quote:
Originally Posted by **RS** View Post
2. As for protection from earthquakes, I do not know. But this building has a reinforced concrete frame, and is unlikely to collapse as a card house
If you mean that it is reinforsed by metal rods, it is a typical practice to reinforce concrete by metal rods (nobody builds without the rods). But it does not prevent house from falling in case of earthquake due to the collapse of the basement (or collapse of the whole building).

Our brave consructors usually save as much money as possible, they usually do not use any earthquake protection. I only know that there is some house at the Dmitriy Ulyanova street that has the protection, others are built without it.
Dr Vadson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #23
**RS**

03/04/2010
Tower crane was dismantled. Cladding in progress.

Old April 7th, 2010, 02:42 PM   #24
Dimms
Unregistered user

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Vadson View Post
2. Has this building any protection against earthquakes? Because the Sevastopol has a possibility of earthquake up to 8 points magnitude. This building will collapse just like a card house in this case.
Regional seismicity around the Aegean and Black Sea. Earthquakes from 1964-2010. Only the epicenter is shown. Color represents the depth, size of circle - magnitude.
[IMG]http://i41.************/huewxv.jpg[/IMG]

So ackshully.. yep its quite possible, once per eternity
Dimms no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2010, 04:55 PM   #25
**RS**

22/05/2010
Cladding on west side

Old July 31st, 2010, 07:38 PM   #26
**RS**