SkyscraperCity Forum banner

[COMPLETED] D12 | Vista Residences | 36 + 35 floors

18K views 62 replies 21 participants last post by  Mith252 
#1 ·
Another project by Far East at Jalan Datoh, opposite The Arte at Thomson.

Slogans printed on the fence:
"Modern Tropical Condominium"
"Floating Garden in the Sky"
"Splash Court & Playground for Children"

See less See more
#4 ·
Vista Residence

VISTA RESIDENCES

Design that inspires, Values that endures
Distinctive Architecture, Compelling Value

-Within fifteen minutes drive to Orchard Road.
-Shopping, dining and entertainment facilities are located nearby at Square 2, United Square Velocity@Novena Square and Toa Payoh HDB Hub.
-Medical hub- Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Thomson Medical Centre, Novena Medical Centre - in the proximity
-Walking distance to Toa Payoh MRT station and air-conditioned bus interchange.
-Views of lush greenery at MacRitchie Reservoir.
-Enjoy reservoir and city skyline views from sky villas with facilities on the 23rd and 24th floors.
-Garden villas perfect for private parties.

Tenure: Freehold

Site Area: 120,313 sqft

Gross Plot Ratio: 2.8

Architect: TAA Architects.

Landscape Architect: DLQ Design

Expected TOP: TBA

No. of Towers: 2

No. of Storeys: Tower 1: 36 storeys. Tower 2: 35 storeys.

No. of units: 280 ( Tower 1: 126 | Tower 2: 154)

No. of lifts: 9

No. of Carparks: 331

Finishes:
Marble Floor (Living | Dining, master bath)
Timber flooring (Bedrooms, staircase, study room)
Marble Wall (Master bath, penthouse bath)

Unit Area:
Size (sqft)
1 BR: 617 | 635
2 BR: 931
3BR Compact: 1153 | 1219
3BR: 1237 | 1239 | 1281
4 BR Compact :1320
4BR: 1,437
4BR Penthouse: 2,327 - 2,575

Recreational Facilities:
1st Storey Outdoor Recreational Facilities
-Entrance Forecourt
-Entrance Water Features
-Lounge Deck
-Children's Playground
-Fitness Court
-Fern Garden
-Lawn
-Tennis Courts
-Basketball Courts

2nd Storey Outdoor Recreational Facilities
-50m Lap Pool
-Hydrotherapy Sanctuary
-Spa Beds
-Massage Labyrinth
-Spa Sanctuary
-2 Spa Pools
-Spa Lounge
-Dreamscape Sanctuary
-Massage Suite
-2 Massage Pavilions
-Pool View Lounge Pavilion
-Meditation Deck
-Vichy Shower
-Changing Rooms
-Water Features
-Spa Dining court
-Dining Deck
-Spa Pool
-Entertainment court
-BBQ Deck
-Outdoor Dining Deck
-Water Cascade Lounge Pavilion
-Water Feature
-Splash Pool
-Lawn
-2 Lounge Decks
-Indoor Recreational Facilities
-Steam room
-Gymnasium

#11 ·
we were just at the beginning of recession early part of this year,how could it possibly turned bullish in a matter of a few months? the recent price hike in property is due to the sudden surge in the stock market..this euphoria will not last cos fundementally,things have not improved at all..
rentals are not going up,its going downwards instead..so how could prices of properties be going up?
people in the workforce are still being forced to take unpaid leave n paycut,are these signs of an improved economy? :eek:hno:

#19 ·
Ooo...it's easy to provide hindsight "the rear mirror is always clearer". I asked the question "who dared to buy even with reduced price" many months ago. When the direction was obvious it'll be too late..

But going forward is what I am trying to milk an answer. Would you say that we will see further reduction in price offered by both developers (new launches) and sellers (resell units) or increase?

#20 ·
when to buy,when to sell?all these will be based on your own instinct of how u read the market..nobody knows when the market will hit the lowest point or the highest point.
what i am saying is now is not a good time to come in cos prices have shot up 25% - 30% already..
there is always the next round of buying opportunity when the current property uptrend in prices will not be able to sustain..it will come down for sure :nuts:

#26 ·
my feeling is that the manufacturing data will not look gd from July onwards, i cannot imagine real demand coming from consumers (in Europe & US) when unemployment are rising and asset value have eroded much of the people's wealth. Now imagine.... 1 in 10 people will become unemployed in the coming months in Europe / US... and their asset value will take a long time more to recover ...

so who's gonna support the export of Asian goods, more so for S'pore?

i reckon a rush by developers to launch projects now because of recent property hype and being able to quickly offload at decent profit. However, i feel that they also sense that their windows are closing because of the medium term uncertainties and things could take a turn for the worst.

the word "recovery" has been loosely play up by the media and governments around the world and hype created to support vested interests

#27 ·
as for Vista Residences...

the flurry of launches / relaunches by Far East... to me, it's a matter of seizing that window... Miro / Vista / Vida.... wld be interesting to know the actual units they were abe to sell in recent times...

as for resales units, i dont tink buyers are paying for the asking psf right now and i belief there is a standstill at the current moment, just my take

#28 ·
prices of property will be coming down..just take the stock market as a guide of how property prices in singapore will be performing in the next few months.
developers are also rushing to launch their projects now cos they are hoping to unload fast n catch the current frenzy.
in reality,fundamentals have not improved at all. :nuts::nuts:

#34 ·
Looking closely at Singapore's economy, it will be a little different if we compare to period of 2003-2007 & 2008-2012. Even though the economy is gloomy, the demand and rush is earlier now compared to 2007. Supply, from the developer's view, I can say is limited and raised hopes for developers now, hence the price increment. No doubt that fundamental are unstable, but there's no reason for the price to decline in near future. D12 and RCR projects are now thronged by HDB 'upgraders' especially when recently transacted prices are 'cash-over valuation'. Those who made some earnings from the stocks also wants to park their money in property. No way the price of new homes now will not increase. If you are the developer, will you not up your price?

Lets say if the stocks decline tomorrow, the developer will not feel the pain at all. They are not desperate unless they are only left with 2 units out of 300 units and hopes to paste a sticker '100% fully sold'.

2010, where Circle Line and IR finishes, you will begin to feel the pouring back of funds. It will be not fast but there will still be inward movement. By 2012, it will be expected that many couples or newly weds planned for a dragon-year baby. Do you think there will be enough homes for them to choose by then? 2012 is when most of 2009 projects TOP.

Do you think the prices then in 2012 will not soar at least a little?

#49 ·
2010, where Circle Line and IR finishes, you will begin to feel the pouring back of funds. It will be not fast but there will still be inward movement. By 2012, it will be expected that many couples or newly weds planned for a dragon-year baby. Do you think there will be enough homes for them to choose by then? 2012 is when most of 2009 projects TOP.

Do you think the prices then in 2012 will not soar at least a little?
Adding to the timeframe is the imminent elections in 2011. I can almost hear the govt announcing that we went through the worst recession almost unscathed, jobs credit scheme worked, investments poured in, IRs attracted X% of tourists and contributed to our economy, strong prop mkt, etc........

#35 ·
Yes, no doubt prices have increased, but it will continue to increase no matter what in the years to come when land is getting lesser and as Singapore welcomes the growth in population.

So there's no harm even buying now. Unless you are cash-strapped, then it will be a different story.

You can also forget about thinking getting a unit defaulted from deferred scheme or so-called FIRE SALE. Not that is impossible, but those only occur in auctions for property over few millions. I have did some enquiries about subsale.
I do believe in the stereotype 'Singaporeans are actually rich'
Many Singaporeans who are able to afford mid-range houses are good enough to finance and HAS NO INTENTION of releasing it under valuation.
Well, you can carry on dreaming if you want. Can't be stopped. :)

#39 ·
may i ask which units you have purchased lately?? and at what psf? what is your target gain say over the next 3-5 years?

i'm assuming every successful agent will somewhere down the line get a couple of units for themselves that is as good as it is being advertise care to enlightened us?

#36 ·
It is a question of timing and efficient utilisation of capital over time, and less about land getting lesser and population growth. Those who bought more than a decade ago at near peak in the 90s are still not seeing significant or any capital appreciation, are they?

The assumption that Singapore is small and population will keep increasing and therefore real estate prices can only go up is fallacious. That was what drove the subprime or real estate bubble in US and UK.

#37 ·
If not for the turmoil in the last 2 years, those who bought near peak in the 90s would like a chance. But alas!

Anyhow, have to agree with you about the efficient utilisation part. There are still much land in SG, just that legislation won't release them. That is why en-bloc are still an option and there is a wide gap in prices in Orchard and Choa Chu Kang.

However, urbanisation and population movement will generally provide the needed support for properties in SG.

#43 ·
They are buying NOT based on current mkt conditions but what they perceive to be 2 to 3 years down the road.

THe last boom has taught a lesson for those that 'missed' the boat when foreign funds came in fast & furious. They do not want to be caught waiting at the harbour this time around.

Whether its going to be a Luxury cruiser, bumboat or the Titanic, only time will tell....:lol:

#44 ·
Vista Residences

Friday, July 3, 2009
CEL Development Launching Remaining Units Of Oasis @ Elias
Source : Channel NewsAsia, 02 July 2009

CEL Development is launching the remaining units of its Oasis @ Elias condominium at Pasir Ris on Saturday.

Half of the 142 units previewed have been sold, at an average price of S$670 per square foot.

The units that have been sold included six of nine penthouses in the property.

Marketing agent CB Richard Ellis said HDB upgraders made up 80 per cent of the buyers.

The strong take-up rate reflects the current popularity of mass market private property among homebuyers.

The recently launched 8 @ Woodleigh condominium at Potong Pasir was fully sold within two weeks, while Vista Residences in Balestier has also seen a strong take-up rate for the units launched so far.

Oasis @ Elias is a 99-year leasehold property, and comprises six blocks of two to five-room apartments. - CNA/yt

#50 ·
Over 70% Vista Residences units sold within one week
By Tang See Kit, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 08 July 2009 2257 hrs

SINGAPORE: More than 70 per cent of the 182 apartments released for sale at Vista Residences have been sold within a week of its launch.

The 280-unit development in Balestier offers one-bedroom units and penthouses ranging from 617 square feet to 2,575 square feet.

Prices started at S$960 per square foot and the average selling price was S$1,070 per square foot.

The 130 apartments taken up were mostly bought by Singaporeans, with three in four buyers locals.

Developer Far East Organization said about half of the buyers were HDB upgraders.

Despite the encouraging sales, Far East said there are no immediate plans to release the remaining apartments on the 24th to 36th floors.

However, it will launch another property, Silversea, this weekend. Silversea is located at Amber Road, one of the last available plots in East Coast. It is a few minutes' drive from New Downtown at Marina Bay and Changi Airport.

The 21-storey high development promises a good view of the central business district and the South China Sea.

The 383-unit development will offer two-bedroom units and four-bedroom penthouse units ranging from 968 square feet to 4,962 square feet, with prices starting from S$1,300 per square foot. - CNA/vm

#51 ·
Vista Residences Party

I have just attended a Vista Residences Party this evening. Currently, only the units below the 23rd floor are released for sale. FEO are keeping those units above the sky terrace for release at a later date. At this point in time, all the 2 bedders are sold. For the one bedder, only two units (19th and 22nd) are unsold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.