daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Infrastructure & Transportation > Aviation and Airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 753 votes, 3.32 average.
Old August 7th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #4281
Madurai

Likes (Received): 107

Thank you all for the updates. Good to see newer connections. I am still not too excited about 9W's plans as we have burnt our fingers with them in the past when it comes to destinations other than MAA. If they really intend to use the evening slots for BLR and HYD, then it works out perfectly for IXM. People can go to HYD and BLR and come back on the same day. We have to believe this only when it happens for few months.

MK, thanks for the Q400 picture. You mentioned about not being able to capture it properly. Is it because of the smaller flight with a quicker take off at a distance?

Good to see some progress on land acquisition. How far is that place from the current runway?
Madurai no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 7th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #4282
ANANTH

Likes (Received): 1093

Quote:
Originally Posted by madurakarenda View Post
Once egg is laid, we all will have omlette (party time) dear Ananth, don't worry.
I can't have ur omelette 4 domestic connection. I can consider having ur omlette after we get international services
ANANTH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #4283
ANANTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madurai View Post
Thank you all for the updates. Good to see newer connections. I am still not too excited about 9W's plans as we have burnt our fingers with them in the past when it comes to destinations other than MAA. If they really intend to use the evening slots for BLR and HYD, then it works out perfectly for IXM.

runway?
Exactly. Jet was never serious as far as services to madurai is concerned. They may suddenly withdraw within a week or month. That's why I replied to MK, let us wait and watch
Old August 7th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #4284
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

Likes (Received): 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madurai View Post
MK, thanks for the Q400 picture. You mentioned about not being able to capture it properly. Is it because of the smaller flight with a quicker take off at a distance?

Good to see some progress on land acquisition. How far is that place from the current runway?
Dear Madurai, not because the aircraft type and its take off. The camera I was equipped with didn't have enough zooming facility that it could reveal good details of the flight, and hence I was hesitant to share (I may try to spot it again in the coming days ).

And regarding expansion, here is the spot (marked as B) :

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...p=1&sz=19&z=17

I was able to see similar kind of land parcels there.
madurakarenda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #4285
Sankkar

Likes (Received): 160

Ananth and Madurai, you are spot on. Jet started new destinations in the past and pulled out in no time not even giving enough time to test the potential of the route.

In the past Jet had so much control in Chennai route hence never bothered about cancelling other destinations. Now things are different as SG is giving them run for their money in MAA route.

Jet is forced to think beyond MAA as their monopoly is not there any more.
Sankkar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #4286
Madurai gilli

Likes (Received): 581

Judgement delayed is judgement denied !
Madurai gilli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #4287
Ram in Seattle

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
I feel it is too quick for us to have a second BLR.

I want the first by SG to get a strong hold in the IXM - BLR route and then we go for the second flight for the same route.

Needless to say, I am happy to see our guesses and wishes (9W will be forced to look beyond MAA for IXM) coming true.
I'm a bit more optimistic.

Air Deccan introduced an IXM-BLR flight many years ago and by now, I think there might be sufficient demand for two flights.

One flight is in the morning and another in the night. These timings are great and I expect that to increase the demand (since some passengers may look for non-flight alternatives if the timings aren't suitable).
Ram in Seattle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #4288
Madurai

Quote:
Dear Madurai, not because the aircraft type and its take off. The camera I was equipped with didn't have enough zooming facility that it could reveal good details of the flight, and hence I was hesitant to share (I may try to spot it again in the coming days ).

And regarding expansion, here is the spot (marked as B) :

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...p=1&sz=19&z=17

I was able to see similar kind of land parcels there.
Sure MK, that's what I was thinking when I asked if it was due to smaller aircraft at a distant place. For bigger aircrafts at the same spot, you could get away with smaller zooms. Anyways, it's good to see that you are being forced to go there again. Good for us.

Thanks for the update on the spots of land acquisition. It seems to digress away from the main runway path. It could be for some other facility involved with IXM, and may not necessarily be for runway extension. Either way, it's good to see that there is some progress.
Old August 7th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #4289
Madurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankkar View Post
Ananth and Madurai, you are spot on. Jet started new destinations in the past and pulled out in no time not even giving enough time to test the potential of the route.

In the past Jet had so much control in Chennai route hence never bothered about cancelling other destinations. Now things are different as SG is giving them run for their money in MAA route.

Jet is forced to think beyond MAA as their monopoly is not there any more.
That's right Sankar. In a way, it's good that 9W is not fleeing away from IXM. We need them to be there to avoid an SG monopoly which would only drive the fares up. So, a healthy competition between SG and 9W is good for all.

If this 9W plan materializes, they will complement SG perfectly on the BLR and HYD sectors while SG will enjoy a slight advantage with non-stop flights.
Old August 7th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #4290
Madurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANANTH View Post
Exactly. Jet was never serious as far as services to madurai is concerned. They may suddenly withdraw within a week or month. That's why I replied to MK, let us wait and watch
One more thing to consider is SG's plans for IXM-BLR beyond October end. We still don't know if they will continue BLR-IXM-BLR beyond that.
Old August 8th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #4291
ran_mdu
DEEPAN_MDU

Likes (Received): 11

SO FAR INDIGO DID NOT CONSIDER MADURAI FOR THEIR SERVICE.I HEARD FROM AAM THAT INDIGO IS GOING TO STOP SERVICE TO PATNA.IF IT HAPPENS WILL IT CONSIDER MADURAI OR NOT ?
ran_mdu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #4292
Malaysia Mustafa

Likes (Received): 580

Quote:
Originally Posted by ran_mdu
SO FAR INDIGO DID NOT CONSIDER MADURAI FOR THEIR SERVICE.I HEARD FROM AAM THAT INDIGO IS GOING TO STOP SERVICE TO PATNA.IF IT HAPPENS WILL IT CONSIDER MADURAI OR NOT ?
As of now, I dont think so.

Madurai Airport ---> Statistics
Malaysia Mustafa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:51 AM   #4293
mdu.raja
Our Dreams comes true

Likes (Received): 10

ஏர் இந்தியா விமானநேரம் மாற்றம்:நிலைய மேல

மதுரை:மதுரை -மும்பை ஏர் இந்தியா விமானத்தின் (ஏ 319 ஏர்கிராப்ட்) நேரம் ஆக., 12 முதல் மாற்றி அமைக்கப்பட உள்ளது. இதன் விபரம் வருமாறு: ஏ1 672 விமானம் செவ்வாய், சனி தவிர மற்ற நாட்களில், மதுரையில் மதியம் 2 மணிக்குப் புறப்பட்டு மாலை 5.30 மணிக்கு மும்பை சேரும். ஏ1 672 விமானம் செவ்வாய், சனிக்கிழமைகளில், மதுரையில் மதியம் 3.30க்குப் புறப்பட்டு, மாலை 4.30 மணிக்குச் சென்னை சேரும். ஏ1 674 விமானம் செவ்வாய், சனிக்கிழமைகளில், சென்னையில் மாலை 6 மணிக்குப் புறப்பட்டு, மும்பைக்கு இரவு 7.50 மணிக்கு சேரும். இத்தகவலை நிலைய மேலாளர் ஏ.அனில்குமார் தெரிவித்தார்

Source: Dinamalar

From August 12, 2012 onwards AI672 IXM(Dep: 2PM)-BOM(Arr 5:30PM) retimed except Tue and Sat.

Tue and Sat AI674 IXM(Dep: 3:30PM) - via MAA(Dep: 6PM) - BOM(Arr 7:50PM)
mdu.raja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:42 AM   #4294
Madurai

Thanks. Any update on the BOM-MAA-IXM timings?
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #4295
Malaysia Mustafa

Likes (Received): 580

Though they mentioned as timing change, I think there isn't any change in timing. It is same as old timings except they have resumed the service.

Madurai Airport ---> Statistics
Malaysia Mustafa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #4296
Madurai

Thanks MM. While I am not a fan of AI, I am glad to see the restoration of this service.
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #4297
ANANTH

Dear MG & MK, any news regarding today's meeting?

I just read in businessline paper that, Govt is planning to stop giving more permission to foreign airlines so that Indian carriers can expand. Towards the same govt has asked domestic carriers to provide within 15 days their plan for intl services till 2014.

While it is too early to comment, I think this may affect Air Arabia plans for madurai and some other foreign carriers who have some interest to operate from madurai. We can't expect much from domestic carriers except from spice.

Sitting with fingers crossed
Old August 12th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #4298
Madurai gilli

Likes (Received): 581

Ananth, It's very clear that Air Arabia will not get permission to fly Sharjah-Madurai this time too bcs of some practical problems like BASA and GoI's new aviation policy.. But Still their application has got no response from MoCA.It's neither approved nor rejected.

SG will launch their International services from Madurai in this S12 itself.. I am yet to receive any updates on the Aug.11 Progress meet..!! Will let you know once I am updated.

Judgement delayed is judgement denied !
Madurai gilli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #4299
ANANTH

The problem is, neither AIE or AI will start service from madurai for the reasons I have mentioned in my PM to you and others, nor they will allow foreign airlines to operate to madurai. With most of the domestic carriers in deep red, we cant expect many services from madurai. Probably only Spice may start service to colombo and to one more destination. That is it. All our bad luck. We have a brand new terminal complex without much utilisation.

AAI should consider renting the place for marraige or functions if enough services specially in International routes are not there from our airport.
Old August 12th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #4300
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

Likes (Received): 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANANTH View Post
Dear MG & MK, any news regarding today's meeting?

I just read in businessline paper that, Govt is planning to stop giving more permission to foreign airlines so that Indian carriers can expand. Towards the same govt has asked domestic carriers to provide within 15 days their plan for intl services till 2014.

While it is too early to comment, I think this may affect Air Arabia plans for madurai and some other foreign carriers who have some interest to operate from madurai. We can't expect much from domestic carriers except from spice.

Sitting with fingers crossed
Have sent a mail to M.P Mr. Manick and awaiting his reply, I hope Gilli could try with our Travel club contact.
madurakarenda no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
madurai, madurai airport

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: