daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: -
- 0 0%
- 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 26th, 2011, 04:13 AM   #181
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas
 
parcdesprinces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Auteuil, Paris XVI | Quercy | Monaco, MC
Posts: 16,672
Likes (Received): 9684

Which one ?
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #182
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas
 
parcdesprinces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Auteuil, Paris XVI | Quercy | Monaco, MC
Posts: 16,672
Likes (Received): 9684

...

Last edited by parcdesprinces; February 27th, 2011 at 11:30 AM.
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #183
Findecan
Simple User
 
Findecan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bordeaux
Posts: 315
Likes (Received): 286

I heard at the french TV, during the Italy vs Wales game, that Stadio Flaminio will be renovated, VIP salons will be added and the capacity will be extended to 48.000...
Do some italian users have more informations on the subject ???
Findecan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 11:24 PM   #184
lwa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 238
Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findecan View Post
I heard at the french TV, during the Italy vs Wales game, that Stadio Flaminio will be renovated, VIP salons will be added and the capacity will be extended to 48.000...
Do some italian users have more informations on the subject ???
that was reported over here last season - but back then, they said work should have started by now?
lwa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 12:01 AM   #185
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas
 
parcdesprinces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Auteuil, Paris XVI | Quercy | Monaco, MC
Posts: 16,672
Likes (Received): 9684

Well, I just updated, again, the "Six Nations fixtures and results"....(post #179)... BUT....
....What a shame for the XV de France....... !!!!

Last edited by parcdesprinces; February 16th, 2012 at 07:27 AM.
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #186
CharlieP
Tax avoider
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 23,752
Likes (Received): 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findecan View Post
I heard at the french TV, during the Italy vs Wales game, that Stadio Flaminio will be renovated, VIP salons will be added and the capacity will be extended to 48.000...
Do some italian users have more informations on the subject ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwa View Post
that was reported over here last season - but back then, they said work should have started by now?
I was wondering the same thing too. Apparently the work started a year ago and will be finished before the start of next year's Championship, so I don't know what's been accomplished so far. Hopefully it will involve more than the temporary extensions you can see on television at present.

Congratulations to the Azzuri yesterday - England are now the only Six Nations team they have never beaten!
__________________
This signature is socialist and un-American.
CharlieP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #187
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas
 
parcdesprinces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Auteuil, Paris XVI | Quercy | Monaco, MC
Posts: 16,672
Likes (Received): 9684

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieP View Post
England are now the only Six Nations team they have never beaten!
Don't worry, your time will come !

Non mais !!
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #188
RobH
Registered User
 
RobH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London-ish
Posts: 12,765
Likes (Received): 10313

I'm sure it will; Italy have come a long way since they first entered the Six Nations. Doesn't mean we didn't enjoy yesterday's match though!
RobH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #189
Sacré Coeur
Registered User
 
Sacré Coeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Paris
Posts: 2,150
Likes (Received): 533

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieP View Post
I was wondering the same thing too. Apparently the work started a year ago and will be finished before the start of next year's Championship, so I don't know what's been accomplished so far. Hopefully it will involve more than the temporary extensions you can see on television at present.

Congratulations to the Azzuri yesterday - England are now the only Six Nations team they have never beaten!
Italy already beat France once before in 1997, but it was not in the Six Nations Championship. So before yesterday's game, England was already the only team that Italy had never beaten among the Six Nations teams.

Moreover, Ireland have never lost against Italy during the Six Nations Championship.
Sacré Coeur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #190
CharlieP
Tax avoider
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 23,752
Likes (Received): 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacré Coeur View Post
Italy already beat France once before in 1997, but it was not in the Six Nations Championship. So before yesterday's game, England was already the only team that Italy had never beaten among the Six Nations teams.
Of course, in Grenoble. For some reason I thought that was a "non-cap" international.

Quote:
Moreover, Ireland have never lost against Italy during the Six Nations Championship.
Yes, that's why I phrased it the way I did!
__________________
This signature is socialist and un-American.
CharlieP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2011, 01:55 PM   #191
CharlieP
Tax avoider
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 23,752
Likes (Received): 1973

Wow, I didn't see this coming (and I'm pretty sure it's not a joke, despite the date):

Italy to move Six Nations games from Rome to Florence

Italy's home Six Nations matches are set to be played in Florence after rugby bosses lost patience with owners of Rome's Stadio Flaminio.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...n/12941136.stm
__________________
This signature is socialist and un-American.
CharlieP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2011, 02:00 PM   #192
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas
 
parcdesprinces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Auteuil, Paris XVI | Quercy | Monaco, MC
Posts: 16,672
Likes (Received): 9684

Well..I don't really believe it ()...

Especially because Artemio Franchi is even worse than Flaminio !
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 11:01 PM   #193
RMB2007
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,506
Likes (Received): 15611

Yep, it really is an awful stadium.

RMB2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 11:17 PM   #194
Federicoft
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 12,607
Likes (Received): 4339

For what I've gathered, it's just a bluff to blackmail Rome's city council and speed up expansion works. Hardly anything serious.

The rugby federation has repeatedly refused to move to Stadio Olimpico as they don't want a shared stadium. It would be exceedingly strange for them to accept to move in a shared stadium, just marginally larger than Flaminio and with 30k less seats than Olimpico, surely not better than them in any other respect, in a city which is much harder to reach for an international fan compared to Rome.
Federicoft no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 01:50 AM   #195
lwa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 238
Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB2007 View Post
Yep, it really is an awful stadium.

And I thought the RDS was bad! :O

However, it will always hold a special place in my heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtdUeHVqkLM
lwa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 02:48 AM   #196
Benn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 1,729
Likes (Received): 167

Would have been one of the best in the world back in the '30s, but it doesn't look like much has been done since.
Benn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #197
CharlieP
Tax avoider
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 23,752
Likes (Received): 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federicoft View Post
For what I've gathered, it's just a bluff to blackmail Rome's city council and speed up expansion works. Hardly anything serious.

The rugby federation has repeatedly refused to move to Stadio Olimpico as they don't want a shared stadium. It would be exceedingly strange for them to accept to move in a shared stadium, just marginally larger than Flaminio and with 30k less seats than Olimpico, surely not better than them in any other respect, in a city which is much harder to reach for an international fan compared to Rome.
Surely Olimpico would be a nightmare as two soccer teams play there?

Looking at this season's Serie A and Six Nations fixtures:

2 Feb: Roma v Brescia
5 Feb: Italy v Ireland
6 Feb: Lazio v Chievoverona
12 Feb: Roma v Napoli
20 Feb: Lazio v Bari
26 Feb: Italy v Wales
27 Feb: Roma v Parma
6 Mar: Lazio v Palermo
12 Mar: Italy v France
13 Mar: Lazio v Roma
__________________
This signature is socialist and un-American.
CharlieP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #198
lwa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 238
Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieP View Post
Surely Olimpico would be a nightmare as two soccer teams play there?

Looking at this season's Serie A and Six Nations fixtures:

2 Feb: Roma v Brescia
5 Feb: Italy v Ireland
6 Feb: Lazio v Chievoverona
12 Feb: Roma v Napoli
20 Feb: Lazio v Bari
26 Feb: Italy v Wales
27 Feb: Roma v Parma
6 Mar: Lazio v Palermo
12 Mar: Italy v France
13 Mar: Lazio v Roma
Pretty sure that is the reason they dont play there (or at the San Siro), since there is a game there in every round of Serie A (plus occassional internationals, cup games ect)

The Italy v All Blacks game in Milan the other year was only possible because it was an international weekend.
lwa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2011, 05:26 PM   #199
Federicoft
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 12,607
Likes (Received): 4339

http://www.gazzetta.it/Sport_Vari/Ru...18723250.shtml

Finally they reached agreement.
Italy will stay at Flaminio even for the next edition.
Renovation and expansion works will begin after the 2012 edition and will end in time for the 2013 edition.
Federicoft no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2011, 07:26 PM   #200
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas
 
parcdesprinces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Auteuil, Paris XVI | Quercy | Monaco, MC
Posts: 16,672
Likes (Received): 9684

Good news !
Do we know how the "new" Flaminio will look like ?
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
rugby

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu