daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 9th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #341
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

I am considering it for the new year. Thanks
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #342
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Likes (Received): 2393

"Jazz" business lounge at SVO-D

http://aviaforum.ru/showthread.php?t=10971&page=576 by Valuev Emil
Iggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 11:34 AM   #343
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Separated passport control cabins for business class passengers in SVO-D (1) and SVO-E (2) upon arrival

http://aviaforum.ru/showthread.php?t=10971&page=576
Old December 9th, 2010, 11:36 AM   #344
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Smoking room in SVO-E, baggage claim area

http://aviaforum.ru/showthread.php?t=10971&page=575
Old December 9th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #345
Dase

Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggis View Post
Dase, only half of a terminal is opened and only domestic flights are operating to/from teriminal A.
Also found that information on the VKO site kind of hidden in the press area without any reference as to what this step means to VKO. Do you know if there is an official new date for the opening of the entire terminal and movement of most flights there? As far as I understand, it was oriinally to be fully operational by mid 2010?
Dase no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 11:03 PM   #346
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Well, true.. Boarding gallery isnt yet finished fully, so only a half is functioning, it was a soft opening in summer 2010. Problems are with all infrastructure around the building, because all works for renovation of airfield right around the terminal are supposed to be financed by state, but it was late, from here we have all problems and delays. Boarding bridges are not working because of that. But i really hope works will continue faster, because new terminal is really good and spacy. Although its mostly charter, lowcost and domestic flights airport, i still hope that after costruction will be finished it will turn into a good airport for international regular flights aswell. Today VKO had its 9 million passenger in 2010, so we see a growth. DME is expecting 22 million, SVO - 18 million passengers. In total Moscow is expecting to serve around 49 million people in 2010, its a goo growth.

Aeroexpress underground station at VKO

Arrival hall

http://www.facebook.com/vnukovoairport
Old December 10th, 2010, 10:20 AM   #347
baepoudr

Likes (Received): 0

From my point of view VKO should be an interesting airport for foreign network carriers, UTair has a good domestic and CIS network, they serve routes nobody else does.
But it has to be finished.
Well, their fleet is growing, perhaps they plan to launch international routes into the EU.
baepoudr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 11:45 AM   #348
Dase

Likes (Received): 61

^ Correct, VKO has only few connections to the EU, most notably the Germanwings connections to Berlin, Cologne, Hannover and Stuttgart. Other EU routes go 'new' memberstates, like Brno and Riga. Being from Berlin, I always liked the fact that I could choose between SVO, VKO and DME for CIS connections. I am sure that the new Terminal will help to attract additional carriers, especially with a better layout than the old new terminal (checkin -> passport -> shops -> security -> nothing). However, I think that VKO will continue to be more attractive to budget than network airlines. SVO and DME offer the main CIS routes but international connections as well.
Dase no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #349
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

Likes (Received): 4969

Quote:
siamu maharaj, i will disappoint you, due to some special rules and restrictions, flights to and from US are still operated to/from terminal F, termination of flights to New York, Los Angeles, Washington and Atlanta to terminal D is supposed to be in Jan 2011 only...

SU315/316 New York (JFK) on 15.11.10 (Monday)
DL030/031 New York (JFK) on 19.01.11 (Wednesday)
I just landed in SVO from JFK and it used Terminal D. So whatever problem there was, it's solved now. I did, however, walk all the way to Terminal F for free WiFi. The only bad thing is that I can't find a power outlet. I should've charged the battery!
Old December 15th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #350
Iggis
Frequent flyer

siamu maharaj, welcome!

Regarding wifi, surprised to hear, because i knew its in T-D, here is a descriprion:

New service, free Wi-Fi access in Terminal D, was launched under the name Terminal-D WiFi-Free. The network operates at 100 Mb/sec. Limitation of connect time is 180 minutes.

Free Internet access is available for the passengers in the following areas:

1st floor in VIP lounges of international and domestic areas

2nd floor in the domestic airside (at the remote stand gates No.1–3), international area (at the remote stand gates No.5–8), and also in business centres "Yenisei" and "Valdai" and in a first-class lounge "Baikal"

3 floor (departure level) in the domestic airside (at the gates No.11–16) and international area (at the gates No.17–33)

Passengers or visitors of our airport can use free wireless Internet access MTS_WiFi_Free, provided by “COMSTAR-UTS” JSC and “Mobile TeleSystems” OJSC. The network speed is 100 Mb/sec.

The service is provided in the domestic airside (at the gates No.11–14), international airside, and also in the domestic landside (check-in counters No.1–30) and international landside (near Hippopotamus cafe)

http://svo3.ru/en
Old December 16th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #351
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

Likes (Received): 4969

I dodn't know about it! I checked the website and it only mentioned Terminal F when I checked it a few days back.
Old December 16th, 2010, 12:21 PM   #352
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Aeroflot to buy 16 Boeing 777 jets

Aeroflot, Russia's flagship airline, said Thursday it plans to buy 16 long-range aircraft from US aerospace giant Boeing in a deal reportedly worth some five billion dollars.

According to a preliminary agreement, state-run Aeroflot will buy eight B777-200ER and eight B777-300ER planes for delivery between 2012 and 2017, a spokeswoman for the company told AFP.

Aeroflot may also purchase four B787 Dreamliners to fly passengers to Russia for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games that Moscow is preparing to host in the Black Sea resort of Sochi.

The company did not give a value for the deal but a report in the Vedomosti financial daily said it could be worth nearly five billion dollars.

http://news.ph.msn.com

Aeroflot is also waiting for delivery of additional 10 new Airbus 330-300 starting 2011, 22 B787 Dreamliners starting 2016, 22 Airbus 350 XWB also starting 2016, but now Aeroflot is negotiating with Boeing to deliver 4 B787 before Winter Olympics in Sochi in 2014. At the moment Aeroflot has 100 planes, mostly A320 family, A330 and B767.
Old December 20th, 2010, 12:47 AM   #353
ErFrt

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Aeroflot to buy 16 Boeing 777 jets

Aeroflot, Russia's flagship airline, said Thursday it plans to buy 16 long-range aircraft from US aerospace giant Boeing in a deal reportedly worth some five billion dollars.

According to a preliminary agreement, state-run Aeroflot will buy eight B777-200ER and eight B777-300ER planes for delivery between 2012 and 2017, a spokeswoman for the company told AFP.

Aeroflot may also purchase four B787 Dreamliners to fly passengers to Russia for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games that Moscow is preparing to host in the Black Sea resort of Sochi.

The company did not give a value for the deal but a report in the Vedomosti financial daily said it could be worth nearly five billion dollars.

http://news.ph.msn.com

Aeroflot is also waiting for delivery of additional 10 new Airbus 330-300 starting 2011, 22 B787 Dreamliners starting 2016, 22 Airbus 350 XWB also starting 2016, but now Aeroflot is negotiating with Boeing to deliver 4 B787 before Winter Olympics in Sochi in 2014. At the moment Aeroflot has 100 planes, mostly A320 family, A330 and B767.
What's the point of buying Boeing if they have already "specialized" themselves in the Airbus - fleet? I guess this only means a lot of extra costs with almost no extra benefit.
ErFrt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #354
Iggis
Frequent flyer

ErFrt, they didnt specialized themselves to Airbus for a long haul product, 22 B787 Dreamliners were ordered before, and these new 777 will fill a growing demand until 787 will arrive. Many airliners use mixed fleet, Emirates, Qatar, Cathay, i dont think they have same problem?
Old December 20th, 2010, 09:43 PM   #355
ErFrt

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
ErFrt, they didnt specialized themselves to Airbus for a long haul product
They did. They bought a number of A-330 in adition to the already huge A-320 family they have. A-Planes are highly unified, so there is (or was) clear spezialisation pattern by Aeroflot until now.

Quote:
22 B787 Dreamliners were ordered before
This was a private intiative of one of the stock-owners, as far as I know, who went hysteric because of the whole "should we order A350 or B787" story. Doesn't it?

Quote:
and these new 777 will fill a growing demand until 787 will arrive. Many airliners use mixed fleet, Emirates, Qatar, Cathay, i dont think they have same problem?
There are mostly political reasons behind those decisions, i guess. Are there any fundamental reasons to want to diversify at a pretty huge cost? I'm not sure. Anyway, with a fairly small extension of long-haul routes it makes even less sense for Aeroflot. To be consistent they should have started by diversifying the short-haul fleet, which is much more important to them. But they don't. So this really makes no sense.
ErFrt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 10:07 PM   #356
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Ehm...so whats the problem for you with this?
Old December 21st, 2010, 06:18 PM   #357
ddes

Likes (Received): 935

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErFrt View Post
There are mostly political reasons behind those decisions, i guess. Are there any fundamental reasons to want to diversify at a pretty huge cost? I'm not sure. Anyway, with a fairly small extension of long-haul routes it makes even less sense for Aeroflot. To be consistent they should have started by diversifying the short-haul fleet, which is much more important to them. But they don't. So this really makes no sense.
Yes, it's true that they initially skewed towards an Airbus fleet but like China, it's very easy to come up with some easy conspiracy theory or political reason behind any decision.

The real reason, however, can be summed up in one word - competition, or rather, Transaero. Aeroflot is finding that on routes that it competes, Transaero is flying much larger aircraft; this is already a loss to SU in terms of passenger seats.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2010, 07:04 AM   #358
sbtcsem
Shanghai China

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
DME airport development scheme, blue building is a current terminal.

and here

Hello,I see the layouts are quite different in these two pictures.Which one is the latest design?

Last edited by sbtcsem; December 23rd, 2010 at 09:54 AM.
sbtcsem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2010, 12:31 PM   #359
Iggis
Frequent flyer

sbtcsem, hello & welcome to forum!

I suppose the first one is correct 3d runway is going to be built by 2013, new terminal 2 is going to be finished by 2013 aswell, its under construction now.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 05:00 PM   #360
sbtcsem
Shanghai China

Likes (Received): 14

Thanks
In the first picture,the current longer runway(3800m) will not continue to be there,the new runway in red is in a different position.It moves up a little.I suppose this is a big work,I wonder if it will happen.
灰原株式会社CEO
EVA初号机专属驾驶员

Last edited by sbtcsem; December 23rd, 2010 at 05:10 PM.
sbtcsem no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
european hub airport, moscow