daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 29th, 2011, 04:05 PM   #601
C-Falke

Likes (Received): 49

I don't understand why Terminal C was built at the north side of the runways. Wouldn't it have been better to move all passenger movements to the south? There is much space next to Terminal F that can be used for it. The Airport wouldn't need buses or people mover ...

I read that Terminal B shall be used for domestic services by Vladivostok Avia.
C-Falke no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2011, 01:54 PM   #602
Dase

Likes (Received): 61

Terminal C is used for Charter Services and "special" flights like Ariana Afghan. Why wasting space in the south for that?
Dase no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 07:14 PM   #603
C-Falke

@dase:
It think in the opposite way: Image terminal C was build on the south side and connected to the other terminals. Capacities could be better used by the major airlines. Running an empty or poor used terminal costs money too, same with the bus service or the future people mover.
Space at the north could be used for future cargo activities, general aviation and, if needed, a new maintenance area.

BTW: See you at the airlines.de board
Old November 2nd, 2011, 10:31 PM   #604
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Likes (Received): 2393

British Airways to upgrade service on Moscow route

BA will operate a four-class B747 jumbo on one of its three daily flights between London and Moscow from next April.

The carrier currently uses a mixture of two-class B767 and A320 aircraft on the four-hour route, fitted with BA’s Euro Traveller and Club Europe product.

But from next April the carrier will introduce one of its four-class B747 jumbo aircraft on to the route, offering increased capacity and more comfortable World Traveller, World Traveller Plus, Club World and First seating.

Schedules have not yet been finalised so it’s not clear whether the jumbo will feature on the morning, lunchtime or evening flight from London Heathrow. The two other daily flights will be operated by B767 aircraft.

As well as offering point-to-point customers an upgraded service on the London-Moscow route, BA will hope to encourage more Russian passengers to connect in London onto transatlantic flights using the new B747 service.

BA already uses aircraft fitted with long-haul seating to serve routes of a comparable length to the London-Moscow flights, including Tel Aviv and Cairo, both of which have a flight time of around four hours forty minutes and are operated with B777 aircraft.

Earlier this year BA and fellow Oneworld member S7 Airlines commenced a codeshare agreement on BA’s flights between London and Moscow, and selected S7 routes from the Russian capital.

http://www.businesstraveller.com

BA also changes flight numbers to/from Moscow:

LHR-DME-LHR

872/873 => 233/234
874/875 => 235/236
880/881 => 237/238

more:

British Airways has announced it will introduce its First and Club World classes on flights to Moscow next year. The airline announced the changes during the UK trade delegation in Russia, which is being led by Prime Minister David Cameron. In the announcement the carrier said it will be the first airline to offer premium class options to flights from Heathrow to Moscow. The new options will be available in April next year. “It [Russia] is an important and growing market for us and we want to reflect our commitment to the region and our customers by enhancing our services and increasing the number of seats that are available to Moscow,” said Sir Martin Broughton, chairman of BA.
Iggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 11:00 PM   #605
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Swiss International Air Lines and Moscow Domodedovo Airport 10 Years Together

October 29, 2011, Swiss International Air Lines celebrated 10 years of opperatuos to Moscow Domodedovo Airport.

“When SWISS joined our team, it has become a landmark event for the airport, which proves the correctness of the chosen development strategy,” said Igor Borisov, Director of Domodedovo Airport. “Over 10 years of cooperation, we have become reliable partners, maintaining the tradition of providing high quality service to our customers.”

SWISS is a part of Lufthansa Group and a member of the largest global airline, Star Alliance, for which the base airport in Moscow is Moscow Domodedovo Airport.

SWISS is the leader in the Moscow-Switzerland destination and is operating two daily flights from Moscow to Zurich, and one flight to Geneva. Since December 16, 2011, SWISS will be operating 4 flights from Domodedovo per day by increasing the number of flights from Geneva to Moscow up to two flights a day.

Over 10 years of flights between Domodedovo Airport and the cities of Switzerland, SWISS has performed over 11,000 flights and transported 2,370,000 passengers.

Swiss International Air Lines Ltd. Is the national airline of Switzerland, which operates flights to 72 destinations in 39 countries from Zurich, as well as from Basel and Geneva. The airline’s fleet has 88 modern aircrafts, including 25 long-haul A330-300s and A340-300. The rest ones are the medium-and short-haul aircrafts, such as A320 Sun (A319, A320, A321) and Avro RJ 100.

Moscow Domodedovo Airport is the largest airport in Russia. Over 10 years, passenger traffic has increased almost 10-fold, from 2.8 million passengers in 2000 to 22.3 million passengers in 2010. Moscow Domodedovo Airport has been chosen for flights to Moscow by members of the world's leading aviation alliances: Star Alliance, Oneworld. Since 2010, Moscow Domodedovo Airport has been on the top of the list of the best airports in the Eastern Europe for the quality of its service, according to the annual rating by independent research company Skytrax Research (UK).

http://domodedovo.ru/en/main/news/press_rel/?ID=3240
Old November 5th, 2011, 04:05 PM   #606
Iggis
Frequent flyer

SVO-D

http://aviaforum.ru/showthread.php?t=10872&page=355
Old November 9th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #607
Dase

Likes (Received): 61

LH to start to fly to VKO in Summer 2012

VKO is getting a new international Airline: Lufthansa. They are introducing a new double daily flight from FRA for the summer schedule, reducing DME from 5 to 4 daily rotations. Additionally, with the inauguration of the new Berlin International Airport, the daily VKO by 4U and DME by LH flights are replaced by a double daily flight to VKO by LH. Details:

Berlin Brandenburg – Vnukovo Service Increases from 1 to 2 Daily. Berlin Tegel – Moscow Domodedovo will operate until 02JUN12
LH3016 BER0850 – 1320VKO 320 x7
LH3018 BER1530 – 2000VKO 320 x6

LH3017 VKO1410 – 1450BER 320 x7
LH3019 VKO2050 – 2130BER 320 x6

Frankfurt – Moscow Vnukovo NEW 2 Daily service, in addition to existing 4 Daily service to Moscow Domodedovo (Reduce from 5 Daily)
LH1470 FRA1325 – 1825VKO 32S D
LH1472 FRA2000 – 0100+1VKO 320 6
LH1472 FRA2015 – 0115+1VKO 320 x6

LH1473 VKO0920 – 1030FRA 320 D
LH1471 VKO1910 – 2020FRA 319 6
LH1471 VKO1920 – 2030FRA 320 x6

Source
Dase no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #608
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Thank you! There were rumors for few weeks, that big western airline will start Vnukovo flights, i knew it would be LH, and finally here it is!
Old November 9th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #609
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Few shots of Vnukovo, Terminal A

http://www.v-studio.ru/fotosyemka/te....php?work=show
Old November 9th, 2011, 09:44 PM   #610
SarunasLT

Likes (Received): 27

Does anyone know what are the reasons of such LH's transfer?
SarunasLT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #611
[email protected]
Global Citizen

Likes (Received): 6409

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarunasLT View Post
Does anyone know what are the reasons of such LH's transfer?
From Wikipedia:

Operators like to stress the fact that, due to its location 28 kilometres (17 mi) southwest from the centre of Moscow, the flying time for Western airlines is 10 to 20 minutes shorter than to the other Moscow airports, Sheremetyevo and Domodedovo. Thus each aircraft flying from Vnukovo will burn less fuel.

Of the three Moscow airports, Vnukovo is the highest (204m above sea level) and hence in case of fog it has frequently served as an alternative airport
R@ptor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #612
Iggis
Frequent flyer

I think its a part of a strategy regarding Moscow, Vnukovo now has new big terminal and i think Lufthansa got very good bonuses to start flying there. Also there are rumors that UTair will start talks to join StarAlliance, so i think its also because of that, they will try to make more flights to Moscow VKO in future, UTair will bring passengers from other russian cities for LH flights. Transfer options in VKO are good now so i think that is the reason. In total for the summer period LH has daily 5 flights to Moscow DME and 2 flights to Moscow VKO from Frankfurt. I just checked new schedule and departing from VKO is a great option, i will use it when i need, morning flight to FRA is very convenient in term of transferring in FRA.

Last edited by Iggis; November 9th, 2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old November 10th, 2011, 01:26 AM   #613
Maxi_Moscow

Likes (Received): 1516

Great news! VKO is fairly empty and therefore very comfortable for passengers.
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #614
C-Falke

I think UTair in the Star Alliance is a good idea, the Star Alliance can benefit from UTs good network to russian cities, unlike all other major carriers they have a good regional network too.

Any Idea when international flights will move to terminal A?
What shall happen with the old domestic terminal?
Old November 10th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #615
Iggis
Frequent flyer

C-Falke, regarding international flights that will move to terminal A, all flights will be moved, when international sector will be opened

Old domestic terminal will be demolished, so that second phase (left wing) of Terminal A could be built. Currently if you look at facade you will see that its asymmetrical, but now all domestic flights are moved to T-A, so soon they will demolish old building.

Here how it looks like and what i meant:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/45112483
http://q-rex.livejournal.com/52617.html
Old November 10th, 2011, 08:34 PM   #616
C-Falke

Okay, then I hope that the international sector of Terminal A will be finished soon, in July and August there was a lot of work left to be done. So I am looking forward that A and B will be connected.
Old November 10th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #617
Iggis
Frequent flyer

You used Germanwings?
Old November 10th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #618
C-Falke

Yes, Germanwings carried me from and to Germany. In VKO I transferred to UT.
Old November 10th, 2011, 10:40 PM   #619
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Unfortunately Germanwings lost its Moscow-Berlin route, it was taken by LH, so from next summer there will be 2 daily LH BER-VKO and no 4U service anymore ) Anyway i am very glad that LH will start VKO flights!
Old November 10th, 2011, 10:51 PM   #620
C-Falke

I am not really sad about the replacement of germanwings, I prefer Lufthansa. LH is offering special prices for the Berlin route, in competition to the home carrier Air Berlin.

Tags
european hub airport, moscow