daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 13th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #761
SarunasLT

Likes (Received): 27

Interesting decision, I guess traffic between London and Moscow is enormous. Seat capacity is just huge.
SarunasLT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #762
Ruso141

Likes (Received): 58

the grow of Moscow airports is really intense
If we join the three airports of Moscow we have 55 to 60 million passangers per year, isn t it?
Ruso141 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #763
bubbalo

Likes (Received): 924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruso141 View Post
the grow of Moscow airports is really intense
If we join the three airports of Moscow we have 55 to 60 million passangers per year, isn t it?
from 51 043 000 in 2010 to 61 832 943 in 2011 (provided that Vnukovo will have apx. 8 150 000 in 2011)
bubbalo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 06:07 PM   #764
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Likes (Received): 2382

Lufthansa S12 European Operation Changes as of 14FEB12

As per 14FEB12 GDS timetable and inventory display, latest summary to Lufthansa’s planned European operation for Summer 2012 season as follows:

Berlin – Moscow Vnukovo Service replaces Domodedovo from 25MAR12. Increases from 1 to 2 Daily from 03JUN12

Dusseldorf – Moscow Vnukovo 2 Daily service transfers from Domodedovo to Vnukovo from 03JUN12

Frankfurt – Moscow Domodedovo Reduces from 5 to 4 Daily
Frankfurt – Moscow Vnukovo NEW 2 Daily

Hamburg – Moscow Domodedovo/Vnukovo Increases from 4 weekly to 6 weekly from 25MAR12. Service moves from Domodedovo to Vnukovo from 03JUN12

http://airlineroute.net/2012/02/14/l...pe-s12update4/
Iggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #765
C-Falke

Likes (Received): 49

I bet LH will leave DME completly till 2013, LX, OS and SN will follow till 2014. When UTs cooperation with star allince is announced officialy, star alliance will leave DME very fast.
C-Falke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #766
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

^probably until then they will suck up North American pax?
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #767
Iggis
Frequent flyer

I think that Lufthansa will leave some flights in DME anyway ) Its their tradition to serve 2-3 airports in big cities, right?
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #768
Maxi_Moscow

Likes (Received): 1516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggis View Post
I think that Lufthansa will leave some flights in DME anyway ) Its their tradition to serve 2-3 airports in big cities, right?
Right.

It makes sense as they will still be looking at transfer pax at DME. DME supplies people from all over Russia and Lufthansa takes them further with their impressive network.
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #769
Dase

Likes (Received): 61

^ Transfer traffic has never been a big concern for LH in Russia as they were one of the first airlines to serve the biger russian provincial cities themselves. The reason they moved to DME was that SVO was a shithole at that time and DME could offer a whole different experience. If VKO goes right, the Aeroexpress schedule is upped to a train every 30 mins and and UTAir is moving closer to Start Alliance, you can fully expect them to switch completely.
Dase no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #770
KVentz

Likes (Received): 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dase View Post
the Aeroexpress schedule is upped to a train every 30 mins
There are some problems with main railway network capacity there. Aeroexpress and RZD both try to solve them as fast as they can because traffic in VKO already high in rush hour.
KVentz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #771
Maxi_Moscow

Likes (Received): 1516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dase View Post
^ Transfer traffic has never been a big concern for LH in Russia as they were one of the first airlines to serve the biger russian provincial cities themselves. The reason they moved to DME was that SVO was a shithole at that time and DME could offer a whole different experience. If VKO goes right, the Aeroexpress schedule is upped to a train every 30 mins and and UTAir is moving closer to Start Alliance, you can fully expect them to switch completely.
How can it not be a big concern if 50% off all of the Russian air traffic goes from Moscow? Also, there are quite a lot of people that travel to South America and they choose either LH, AF or KLM. It is not something that would require putting A380s on Moscow flights but it also not something that should be ignored. They know that UtAir will be feeding their flights.
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 03:52 AM   #772
Dase

Likes (Received): 61

^ As you state correctly, most of Russia's air travel is still Moscow-based. Of course there's potential for feed, but this is only of relevance to an Airline if there's a check-through or codeshare agreement which LH does not have at DME - I was talking about the situation there. They have been serving SVO when DME was number one for domestic Russian traffic by a big margin and only switched a while after DME had been refurbished and was lightyears ahead of SVO regarding passenger comfort. At the same time, they have been taking care for the transfer passengers with their own flights to cities like Samara, Kazan, Perm or Nizhniy which they started in the 90s when no other decent network carrier was serving the respective regions.

As I have stated, if UTAir joins Star Alliance, VKO is a given and of course transfer traffic gets relevant, but not very likely for intercontinantal traffic as quite a few relevant markets in Russia have one-stop-connections via MOW with Aeroflot or Transaero now. Hard to compete with a two-stop connection in those cases.
Dase no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #773
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 987

Quote:
Wezza, you are welcome here What airline will you use?
I will probably fly in on Singapore Airlines, BNE-SIN-DME. I can earn Virgin Australia FF points with them. I am coming to see my girl who lives in Kazan.
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #774
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
I will probably fly in on Singapore Airlines, BNE-SIN-DME. I can earn Virgin Australia FF points with them. I am coming to see my girl who lives in Kazan.
Wow, Brisbane is so far from us! but i guess you will stay in Moscow for 1-2 days, before leaving for Kazan, April is a good time for visit ) it will be first time you meet her?
Old February 15th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #775
Wezza
©

Quote:
Wow, Brisbane is so far from us! but i guess you will stay in Moscow for 1-2 days, before leaving for Kazan, April is a good time for visit ) it will be first time you meet her?
I'm actually in Townsville, I have to fly to Brisbane first! I met her in Thailand in December. I will stay maybe a few days in Moscow.
Old February 21st, 2012, 08:17 PM   #776
KVentz

Likes (Received): 1659

Today's news briefly according to Vnukovo Airport English Twitter.

Vnukovo and Transaero have signed memorandum of strategic cooperation in the next 10 years today.

Transaero have plans to operate from Vnukovo to Blagoveschensk, Magadan, Kiev, Tel Aviv and Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky since May 2012. New summer schedule will be announced lately. Transaero also plans to start flyng to Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles next winter.

Vnukovo will provide a priority for high-capacity aircrafts (A380, B747 and B777) at all stages of a service cycle at the airport.

Vnukovo will also provide separate Transaero-branded passenger zone including registration, ticket-office, etc.

The airport will give a space for business and first "Imperial" class lounges including all equipment.

Vnukovo will provide two sections in it's hangar for servicing B747, B777 and all other Transaero aircrafts.

Vnukovo and Transaero also announced building of new hangar for A380 and B747-800 and a training center with 4 flight simulators.

geometarkv liked this post
KVentz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2012, 10:04 PM   #777
Iggis
Frequent flyer

CSA Czech Airlines S12 Operation Changes as of 21FEB12

As per 21FEB12 GDS timetable and inventory display, latest changes to CSA Czech Airlines’ Summer 2012 operation changes as of 21FEB12 as follows.

Prague – Moscow Sheremetyevo Summer service increases from 24 to 29 weekly

http://airlineroute.net/2012/02/21/ok-s12update3/
Old February 23rd, 2012, 02:09 AM   #778
skyduster

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
DME & VKO look great! Hopefully coming to Russia in April, so i'll get to check out DME! Just waiting on my visa support letter from Russian immigration so I can apply for my visa.
DME looks very nice, but VKO is just fabulous. A lot of great design concepts were put into VKO's new terminal.

HELP PROMOTE MEDITERRANEAN GARDENING FOR MEDITERRANEAN CLIMATE REGIONS

boycott dolphinariums
BAN DOLPHINARIUMS IN EUROPE AND WORLDWIDE
Help us make the EU a dolphinarium-free zone
skyduster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 05:56 AM   #779
Wezza
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyduster

DME looks very nice, but VKO is just fabulous. A lot of great design concepts were put into VKO's new terminal.
Turns out I will use SVO after all. I'm coming on Air China now.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:42 PM   #780
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Wezza, means you will have to use Terminal F at SVO )) Its old but renovated, so be prepared ) Still nothing extraordinary, but not nice for an Australian i guess )

SVO-F

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../0/1531004.jpg

geometarkv liked this post

Last edited by Iggis; March 2nd, 2012 at 09:49 PM.

Tags
european hub airport, moscow