daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old September 5th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #901
Iggis
Frequent flyer
 
Iggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Moscow
Posts: 3,565
Likes (Received): 2382

This is how end of boarding gallery will look like in Vnukovo international departure clear zone, after all construction works will end up in DEC 2012. There will be a square with fountain around ATC tower and shops. (except glass roof, project was changed due to Moscow climate)



http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=339347&page=8
Iggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #902
Maxi_Moscow
Registered User
 
Maxi_Moscow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,021
Likes (Received): 1516

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
I don't get it.. Cheaper fare or? When that happens I pay up.
Severely. Usually i overpay for Aeroflot when it is a few hundreds. Aeroflot is great. I wont fly Delta even if it is $50.00 KLM is much cheaper currently and a great company.
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #903
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd
 
YU-AMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,243
Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi_Moscow View Post
Severely. Usually i overpay for Aeroflot when it is a few hundreds. Aeroflot is great. I wont fly Delta even if it is $50.00 KLM is much cheaper currently and a great company.
Yeah DL is a miXed bag. Btw can you fly DL all the way from LAX? If so that's sweet. What about Transaero? I think they are going back to LAX...

Can you tell em what's so bad about Delta because they may launch BEG from JFK, so I want to know more about them.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #904
KVentz
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Moscow
Posts: 2,364
Likes (Received): 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggis View Post
This is how end of boarding gallery will look like in Vnukovo
It will not look this way, the design was changed slightly, not only the roof. But ATC tower and fountain are remained.
KVentz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #905
KVentz
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Moscow
Posts: 2,364
Likes (Received): 1659

Transaero will move one of its London flights from DME to VKO.

New schedule since Oct., 8 (local time):

UN 353. VKO 4:05PM — LHR 4:10PM.
UN 354. LHR 6:30PM — VKO 2:20AM next day.

Old schedule before Oct., 8 (local time):

UN 353. DME 3:10PM — LHR 4:15PM.
UN 354. LHR 6:35PM — DME 1:35AM next day.
KVentz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #906
Iggis
Frequent flyer
 
Iggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Moscow
Posts: 3,565
Likes (Received): 2382

I already posted this in Russia based airlines thread..
Iggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #907
Maxi_Moscow
Registered User
 
Maxi_Moscow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,021
Likes (Received): 1516

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Yeah DL is a miXed bag. Btw can you fly DL all the way from LAX? If so that's sweet. What about Transaero? I think they are going back to LAX...

Can you tell em what's so bad about Delta because they may launch BEG from JFK, so I want to know more about them.
DL -old aircraft, tiny legroom, mediocre food and way too strict (P.S. KLM stewardess are much more friendly and Aeroflot ones are prettier).


Transaero does fly to Moscow. I dont get SkyTeam miles with them and Domodedovo is 3 - hours away from my house during Moscow Rush Hour (2 if i am lucky). I dont like DME. SVO is my home and i refuse to fly to a different airport. Vnukovo i would give a shot.
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:24 AM   #908
Iggis
Frequent flyer
 
Iggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Moscow
Posts: 3,565
Likes (Received): 2382

VNUKOVO - A, Departures clear zone
















http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/amskhalaya
Iggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #909
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd
 
YU-AMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,243
Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi_Moscow View Post
DL -old aircraft, tiny legroom, mediocre food and way too strict (P.S. KLM stewardess are much more friendly and Aeroflot ones are prettier).


Transaero does fly to Moscow. I dont get SkyTeam miles with them and Domodedovo is 3 - hours away from my house during Moscow Rush Hour (2 if i am lucky). I dont like DME. SVO is my home and i refuse to fly to a different airport. Vnukovo i would give a shot.
I was told that they have batch of older 763s that used to fly them to eastern Europe. Once crisis kicked in, DL just kept Moscow service. They will probably launch some routes again if economy picks up.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #910
Maxi_Moscow
Registered User
 
Maxi_Moscow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,021
Likes (Received): 1516

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
I was told that they have batch of older 763s that used to fly them to eastern Europe. Once crisis kicked in, DL just kept Moscow service. They will probably launch some routes again if economy picks up.
To be honest they are not price competitive on those routes. I mean even if they are $100 cheaper than Lufthansa, trust me, you'd rather pay that extra. Just not a good international co. U.S. has a huge domestic traffic and flights are not too long (unless L.A.X. - JFK) so it is bearable. Try 752 for 5 hours cramped as hell with no meal (done it). NEVER AGAIN! I will drive to N.Y. before i fly again.
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #911
Iggis
Frequent flyer
 
Iggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Moscow
Posts: 3,565
Likes (Received): 2382

Currently DL use B767-400 to Moscow, as far as i remember starting winter schedule they will use A330 to Moscow ) Btw, Aeroflot puts its new B777-300ER on one of its 2 daily flights to NYC, starting Feb13.
Iggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #912
C-Falke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hamburg
Posts: 146
Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggis View Post
VNUKOVO - A, Departures clear zone



http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/amskhalaya
I guess the left wing is for domestic, the right wing for international flights?
C-Falke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #913
Iggis
Frequent flyer
 
Iggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Moscow
Posts: 3,565
Likes (Received): 2382

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Falke View Post
I guess the left wing is for domestic, the right wing for international flights?
Yes, correct )
Iggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #914
Maxi_Moscow
Registered User
 
Maxi_Moscow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,021
Likes (Received): 1516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggis View Post
Currently DL use B767-400 to Moscow, as far as i remember starting winter schedule they will use A330 to Moscow ) Btw, Aeroflot puts its new B777-300ER on one of its 2 daily flights to NYC, starting Feb13.
I flew on B764 from JFK once. It is only during Summer. Winter is down gauged to B763.

I dont like connections at JFK (crappy airport).

Maybe i will fly out of SFO when Aeroflot resumes it as it will be on 777 most likely while LAX will be on A332 (which i love, most comfortable plane ever).
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #915
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd
 
YU-AMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,243
Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggis View Post
Currently DL use B767-400 to Moscow, as far as i remember starting winter schedule they will use A330 to Moscow ) Btw, Aeroflot puts its new B777-300ER on one of its 2 daily flights to NYC, starting Feb13.
Yeah, but we were talking about DL in general. The 400series are a lot better. They feature B777 cabin outlook and so on.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #916
Maxi_Moscow
Registered User
 
Maxi_Moscow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,021
Likes (Received): 1516

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Yeah, but we were talking about DL in general. The 400series are a lot better. They feature B777 cabin outlook and so on.
Nope, not at all.

B764 is just a stretched B763. And the only similarity between 767 series and 777 is that their cabins are alike. It is done so that it would be an easy transitioning for the pilots. There is not specific about 764 that makes it more similar to 777 as opposed to 763.

A321 for example is no different than A320 or A319 in relation to A330.
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #917
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd
 
YU-AMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,243
Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi_Moscow View Post
Nope, not at all.

B764 is just a stretched B763. And the only similarity between 767 series and 777 is that their cabins are alike. It is done so that it would be an easy transitioning for the pilots. There is not specific about 764 that makes it more similar to 777 as opposed to 763.

A321 for example is no different than A320 or A319 in relation to A330.
oH OKI. I thought it was a newer type because they posted some pictures on airliners.net. Btw do Russian spotters ever gather at LAX to photograph SU landing? I am just it must be a pleasure..

Btw I know what you mean about 757. There was a charter firm from Toronto that used to fly to Belgrade with a 757. As you already may have guessed, it was meant to fail from the start. They managed to offer one single weekly rotation. LH and other big fix snatched they connecting passengers. I am 100% sure YYZ-BEG is worse then JFK-LAX even with food included. The food in the airlanes is overrated. It gets reheated way too many times...

Last edited by YU-AMC; September 8th, 2012 at 02:21 AM.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 02:04 AM   #918
Maxi_Moscow
Registered User
 
Maxi_Moscow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,021
Likes (Received): 1516

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
oH OKI. I thought it was a newer type because they posted some pictures on airliners.net. Btw do Russian spotters ever gather at LAX to photograph SU landing? I am just it must be a pleasure..

Btw I know what you mean about 757. There was a charter firm from Toronto that fly to Belgrade with a 757. As you already may have guessed, it was meant to fail from the start. They managed to offer one single weekly rotation. LH and other big fix snatched they connecting passengers. I am 100% sure YYZ-BEG is worse then JFK-LAX even with food included. The food in the airlanes is overrated. It gets reheated way too many times...
Yes, there is no difference between B763 & 764 besides i think 2 extra frames and different wings.

Oh god, in a 757? God damn!

True but the food can be picked accordingly. Some food does not loose quality after preheating. Basically the food you get on the plane usually does not have much in common with ground food.
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 02:24 AM   #919
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd
 
YU-AMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,243
Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi_Moscow View Post
Yes, there is no difference between B763 & 764 besides i think 2 extra frames and different wings.

Oh god, in a 757? God damn!

True but the food can be picked accordingly. Some food does not loose quality after preheating. Basically the food you get on the plane usually does not have much in common with ground food.
Yeah with a stop in Belfast. However they were fair because they had a nice, newer A330 in case if flights were to warrant an A330. The german airlines reduced airfares and captured the connceting traffic, so two years after the flights ceased.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 03:16 AM   #920
Maxi_Moscow
Registered User
 
Maxi_Moscow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,021
Likes (Received): 1516

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Yeah with a stop in Belfast. However they were fair because they had a nice, newer A330 in case if flights were to warrant an A330. The german airlines reduced airfares and captured the connceting traffic, so two years after the flights ceased.
Hm. Interesting.

To keep the thread on topic: U.S. Airlines generally dont do well on the Russian Market. American pulled out. United is struggling. Delta got rid of Atlanta.

I wonder why Canada Air does not start Toronto - Moscow?
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
european hub airport, moscow

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium