daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 26th, 2010, 09:19 PM   #141
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Likes (Received): 2382

We all hope that new SVO will please all passengers, because everybody tired of that bad service and old dirty terminals, but even terminal F (ex.2) is not bad now, no queues and its is refurbished, look fresh and no brown color inside anymore. St.Petersburg airport is the same, small, but soon they will start a new project, made by Grimshaw & Partners, based on domestic terminal Pulkovo 1, current Pulkovo 2 wont exist anymore after they finish, there will be one terminal, serving domestic and international in one building, current building of Pulkovo 1 will be totally refurbished and new bright terminal will be connected to it, will be an integrated complex, here it is:

http://www.arxawards.su/experts/nomination_selector.php

One of Duty Free operators in new SVO-D site:
http://airportshopping.ru/
Iggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #142
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Sheremetyevo, terminal D

This is departure zone passport control, arriving passengers will proceed from a 2d floor to ground floor via 1st floor, you can see escalator that they will use after passport control to proceed to arrival hall and baggage reclaim.

http://www.aviaforum.ru/showthread.php?t=10971&page=457
Old February 12th, 2010, 07:54 PM   #143
SarunasLT

Likes (Received): 27

Maybe finally Skyteam already provides it's flights from SVO3? Including intercontinental... e.g. Delta & Aeroflot?
SarunasLT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #144
Iggis
Frequent flyer

That is what they plan, some of the Skyteam partners dont wanna change to terminal D, because of the service prices, there are rumors that Alitalia and AF/KLM will move to new terminal E, i/o of D, as i know Korean and Delta will operate from D. Anyway all three terminals D-E-F will be connected, anyone can walk through and shop without any limits.
Old February 12th, 2010, 08:52 PM   #145
Iggis
Frequent flyer

New VNUKOVO airport terminal A will be opened in May 2010.

Arriving will be provided by a good connection to terminal from 2 highways

Facade

Ventilation pipes

Departure hall, check in zone

Please procced to Duty Free and gates

Here will be a main Square of the terminal, at the end of a gallery, here you can see 40 meters height ATC Tower in the center of a square, it will be more beautiful by adding big aquarium around. Here will be also provided food and shop facilities aswell as VIP lounge with an airside view.

Arriving passengers will proceed along this gallery to arrival hall, theer would also be travalators (moving walkways)

Baggage reclaim hall

Arrival hall, exit, meeting point

Big thanks to amazing authors:

http://zyalt.livejournal.com/213929.html

and

http://chistoprudov.livejournal.com/31065.html
Old February 12th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #146
Iggis
Frequent flyer

And just as a bonus, really good quality, thats why i decided to post it here, everybody welcome through all our 3 main airports to the city of golden domes

Thanx to a master!

http://chistoprudov.livejournal.com/31456.html

Last edited by Iggis; February 12th, 2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:08 PM   #147
SarunasLT

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggis View Post
That is what they plan, some of the Skyteam partners dont wanna change to terminal D, because of the service prices, there are rumors that Alitalia and AF/KLM will move to new terminal E, i/o of D, as i know Korean and Delta will operate from D. Anyway all three terminals D-E-F will be connected, anyone can walk through and shop without any limits.
So if I understand correctly terminal D is a separate organization? I mean it doesn't belong to whole SVO complex?
SarunasLT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:35 PM   #148
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Yes correct, T - D is operated by "JSC TERMINAL" and Aeroflot itself, all other SVO terminals belong JSC MASH (International Airport Sheremetyevo), to state actually, thats why now they decide what to do, it wont be a good thing in the future. Now partners try to decide what to do, Aeroflot ask SVO to let it operate whole SVO complex, SVO ask AFL to let them operate T-D, at the moment no decision, but there are real talks now, to invite 3d side, like Fraport for operating all airport, i hope clear mind will win and finally passengers can have a good service.

First international flight will depart on 15th of Feb. to Simferopol, at first it will be the only international flight, testing all systems.
Old February 13th, 2010, 05:20 AM   #149
ddes

Likes (Received): 929

I read that the Russian govt intends to merge most of the Russian carriers, including Rossiya and Vladivostok Avia into Aeroflot...

I wonder how will this affect Vnukovo and Pulkovo airport, considering that Aeroflot is very Sheremetyevo-centric. Will Vnukovo turn into a white elephant?

I mean, if, and it's a big IF, the plan does happen, Aeroflot's only other "major" competitors will be Transaero and S7 Airlines, and both hub at Domodedovo. Where does that leave Vnukovo?
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 05:40 AM   #150
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18149

Cathay Pacific plans to fly to Moscow - click for press release
3x weekly service

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 01:55 PM   #151
Iggis
Frequent flyer

hkskyline, thank you! I knew about it few days ago and i am so happy, that finally CX will be here It will fly to Domodedovo airport.
Old February 13th, 2010, 02:02 PM   #152
Iggis
Frequent flyer

ddes, yes its true, all airlines that you have mentoned were planned to be integrated into a new big airlines ROSAVIA, almost a year there were talks and talks only, they planned VNUKOVO to be their hub, but last week state decided that all actives of a planned new airlines will be given to AFL, before there were talks to give it to S7, but now AFL is planned to be the biggest. And no answer what gonna happen with VKO, Moscow Government this week announced that they will develop its own airlines Atlant Soyuz, based now in Vnukovo, VKO also belong to Moscow, they wanna buy new long haul and mid-range planes to fly all over the world, i am not sure how its possible. Currently the biggest airliner in VKO is UTair, but this airport's future is not so bright i think, although i think its one of the niciest new projects in the city.
Old February 14th, 2010, 08:18 AM   #153
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggis View Post
hkskyline, thank you! I knew about it few days ago and i am so happy, that finally CX will be here It will fly to Domodedovo airport.
They've talked about this route for a few years already, and originally it was supposed to continue from Moscow to Manchester, but I guess they didn't get the rights for that leg!

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 10:48 AM   #154
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Yeap, i know. I was also thinking if they can fill its planes with passengers without 2d leg to Manchester, but this flight is supposed to be a very transit flight, most of the passengers are supposed to use it for connection to other cities/countries, because of its slots. Currently as i know, that will use A340-300 on this route, it gonna be really popular for travellers continuing to Taipei, Sydney and whole Australia, and south China. But of course due to visa cancelation, more russians wanna travel to HKG itself now I have also visited it in October, fantastic!
Old February 21st, 2010, 06:26 PM   #155
Iggis
Frequent flyer

SVO terminal D international arrival zone, passport control

http://www.jetphotos.net//viewphoto.php?id=6778633
Old February 21st, 2010, 09:58 PM   #156
Iggis
Frequent flyer

New VNUKOVO terminal A, construction update.

http://leonidborzenkov.livejournal.com/8498.html

Last edited by Iggis; February 21st, 2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 01:33 PM   #157
bains1971
ताज़ा समाचार

Likes (Received): 5

Brilliant airport only the russians can build such a airport.
The dates for the Games are 3 - 14 October 2010, inclusive of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies. Weather wise the city experiences an October mean temperature of a minimum 17.2 degrees centigrade and maximum 31.3 degrees centigrade with humidity ranging from 31 to 78% for the October and November months.
Punjab Aviation in India
bains1971 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 01:45 PM   #158
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Haha, thank you But not only russians, there are lots of great airports in the world! Just i hope soon we can be in one row with other civilized big cities having modern airports.

As for me, i hope new VNUKOVO terminal A will remind me of Hong Kong in the way of structure.
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #159
Iggis
Frequent flyer

SVO-D

Arrival zone for passengers arriving by buses

Passport control

http://aviaforum.ru/showthread.php?t=10971&page=474
Old February 27th, 2010, 12:09 AM   #160
Aenelia

Likes (Received): 24

Thanks for the pictures of SVO, I'm going to transit from terminal D to F this summer. Do you know if I have to take any bus ? Because the website of svo.aero isn't clear...
Aenelia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
european hub airport, moscow