daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 27th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #161
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Likes (Received): 2393

Aenelia, there will be a connection between D-E-F terminals inside the buildings, at least its a plan, they told clear zone will be common, so everybody can reach F from D or E wthout any problems, at the moment its still not ready, but i think it will be in summer. I think buses were not supposed to be there. Later, more close to official opening of D and E, i will try to inform you. U have transit from where to where?
Iggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2010, 10:28 PM   #162
Aenelia

Likes (Received): 24

I will be flying from BRU (Brussels, Belgium) to ICN (Incheon, Korea) trough SVO with Aeroflot around 5 August. Seems SU flights (from BRU) at the end of march will all arrive at the new terminal but the flight from SVO (currently Terminal F) to Seoul will only be moved to D around 15 August, which in my case sucks I'll be going from new to old and I really hope I don't need to take any kind of transportation between those 2 terminals.
Aenelia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:59 AM   #163
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Well you know, maybe all international flights will be concentrated in D and E only soon, and F will be domestic, they are discussing it now, because seems like D domestic part is not good for future development of AFL, so possibly they will transform D to international only, i hope they will. And if it happen, then D and E will be international, and its close to each other, it will be connected soon. Anyway dont worry, F is an old terminal, but not so bad, it was a bit renovated, it has good Duty Free shops.

Terminal E inside

http://www.airliners.net/photo//1632...417a8dc4a371e8

Terminal F inside

http://www.airliners.net/photo//1531...417a8dc4a371e8
Old March 14th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #164
baepoudr

Likes (Received): 0

How is the sepparation between domestic and international flights managed? The homepages shows maps of Level 1 (Arrival) and Level 3 (Departure).
Guess the Departure Area is devided into a domestic and a international level? So all gates can be used for domestic and international flights?
baepoudr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 01:09 AM   #165
Iggis
Frequent flyer

If you mean terminal D, yes its separated, but gates are not common for domestic and international, left side of the terminal is domestic, central and right side is international...

Here it is:

Departure

http://wwww.aeroflot.ru/templates/be...erminal-d.html

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../1/1584151.jpg
Old March 17th, 2010, 03:02 AM   #166
FazilLanka

Likes (Received): 14

looks very nice in deed!!
FazilLanka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:03 PM   #167
Iggis
Frequent flyer

A bit of new Vnukovo Terminal A

http://www.tourprom.ru/profi/content/photoalbum/334/
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #168
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Sheremetyevo, new terminal E

http://aviaforum.ru/showthread.php?t=10971&page=490
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:13 PM   #169
ddes

Likes (Received): 935

I've gotta say I prefer Sheremetyevo Terminal E to Vnukovo Terminal A. VKO-A just looks too cold and unfeeling and while Sheremetyevo Terminal E isn't homely, it feels a little warmer with the orange.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:52 PM   #170
sasamakan
Tukang Makan

Likes (Received): 683

Very nice airport
I think the Developed countries airport is using the Eco-airport with the modern train, architecture, and facilities.
sasamakan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #171
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Well, we'll see when VKO open its doors, maybe after few months, when it will be full of colourful shops and cafes, it will look more homely.

Terminal E in SVO is simple in design, but looks quite spacious and seems like it will be comfortable, especially due to fact, that soon D, E and F will be united, and clear zone will be available for all passengers, so you can visit all 3 terminals while waiting for your flight. At the moment its known, that all domestic and international flights of Aeroflot will be based in T-D, and only 10 international flights will moved to T-E. Other flights in E will be made by foreign airlines. Latest addition is China Eastern with three weekly to Shanghai PVG.

Aeroflot flights from SVO-E:

1. Dubai
2. Brussels
3. Barcelona
4. Athens
5. Zagreb
6. Bucharest
7. Vienna
8. Amsterdam
9. Venice
10. Bangkok

SVO-D, arrival passport control (International)

SVO-E by night

http://aviaforum.ru/showthread.php?t=10971&page=490
Old March 24th, 2010, 10:15 PM   #172
Ruso141

Likes (Received): 58

domededovo is not under amplation?
Ruso141 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:17 AM   #173
Iggis
Frequent flyer

You meant to say COMPLETION? Well, if yes, then very slow, because they do it on their own money, no credits, seems like it will never end But they promised to finish it all very soon, and start new terminal 2 this year near the left wing of current building. They also have some problems with a developer.

Left wing is almost finished, now it looks like this:

http://www.cyvas.ru

Last edited by Iggis; March 25th, 2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:29 AM   #174
Ruso141

thanks for the information,

terminal 2 will be this one mark in red?;

Pd; I apologised for my horrible english
Old March 27th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #175
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Ruso141, the same but the other wing The one marked in red is domestic additional terminal, that will be built later. I hope this rendering will come true. Are u a russian living in Uruguay?
Old March 27th, 2010, 02:41 AM   #176
Ruso141

no, I am just an uruguaian of russian/polish desendation, who loves Russia (thats why my SSC name)

Thanks for asking, and congratulations for your airports they look awesome
Old March 27th, 2010, 03:55 AM   #177
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Thank you ) Gracias!
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:03 AM   #178
Iggis
Frequent flyer

Domodedovo Named the Best Airport of Eastern Europe

Passenger voting results named Moscow Domodedovo Airport the best airport of Eastern Europe.

The winners of the World Airport Awards 2010 have been announced recently naming the best airports of the world. The survey was conducted by an independent survey organization Skytrax Research from July 2009 to March 2010. This year the number of interviews totaled 9,8 mln. respondents representing over 100 countries.

Domodedovo has been holding its position in the top-three best airports of Eastern Europe since 2004 based on the Skytrax rating. Skytrax Research makes passenger surveys annually qualifying services provided by airports as well as terminal comfort degree based on 40 aspects. The Skytrax World Airport Awards ceremony took place in Brussels (Belgium) on March 2010.

Moscow Domodedovo Airport is the largest airport of Russia. Its market share in total passenger traffic in Moscow makes 46%. At the moment 75 partner airlines (35 foreign, 29 Russian and 11 from the CIS) connecting over 220 destinations operate flights all over the world. The unique route network covered by Domodedovo partner airlines provides for 89 exclusive destinations. In 2009 18,7 million passengers benefited from Domodedovo services.

http://domodedovo.ru/en/main/news/press_rel/?ID=2674
Old April 2nd, 2010, 06:50 AM   #179
bindubasketball

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggis View Post
Domodedovo Named the Best Airport of Eastern Europe

Passenger voting results named Moscow Domodedovo Airport the best airport of Eastern Europe.

The winners of the World Airport Awards 2010 have been announced recently naming the best airports of the world. The survey was conducted by an independent survey organization Skytrax Research from July 2009 to March 2010. This year the number of interviews totaled 9,8 mln. respondents representing over 100 countries.

Domodedovo has been holding its position in the top-three best airports of Eastern Europe since 2004 based on the Skytrax rating. Skytrax Research makes passenger surveys annually qualifying services provided by airports as well as terminal comfort degree based on 40 aspects. The Skytrax World Airport Awards ceremony took place in Brussels (Belgium) on March 2010.

Moscow Domodedovo Airport is the largest airport of Russia. Its market share in total passenger traffic in Moscow makes 46%. At the moment 75 partner airlines (35 foreign, 29 Russian and 11 from the CIS) connecting over 220 destinations operate flights all over the world. The unique route network covered by Domodedovo partner airlines provides for 89 exclusive destinations. In 2009 18,7 million passengers benefited from Domodedovo services.

http://domodedovo.ru/en/main/news/press_rel/?ID=2674
Not Much Competition Is there??
bindubasketball no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 07:52 AM   #180
ddes

Likes (Received): 935

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindubasketball View Post
Not Much Competition Is there??
I think it's probably the last year Domodedovo will have this honor, especially now that from this year, they'll take into account Sheremetyevo.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
european hub airport, moscow