daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 4th, 2009, 06:26 PM   #1
JoKo65

Likes (Received): 86

SUKHOI | SSJ 100 News and Discussion

Quote:
First Superjet 100 plane to be delivered to Aeroflot in Dec.

15:02 | 04/ 03/ 2009

MOSCOW, March 4 (RIA Novosti) - Russia's Sukhoi Civil Aircraft company will deliver its first Superjet 100 medium-haul airliner to the country's flagship carrier Aeroflot in December, the SCA president said on Wednesday.

[…]
More: http://en.rian.ru/russia/20090304/120415711.html

Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2009, 03:59 AM   #2
Shezan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 593

will be really nice with the Aeroflot livery
Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 09:57 AM   #3
simcard
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

very good news, and i hope in the near future Russia build bigger planes to compete with airbus and boeing 747, competition and choice is always a good thing.
simcard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #4
Micrav
Live!

Likes (Received): 16

Competitor to Bombardier and others...

Good to see Russians back in the game, I am not nostalgic of Tupolevs or Antonovs, but it was a shame that all the genius developped during Soviet time was simply lost after the 90's... And for commercial use, not military

Here are pictures of the plane from the website of Sukhoi:

First class:

Economy:

Inside:

And info:
Sukhoi Superjet 100 aeroplane family is being developed based on the principle of maximum standardization of frame assemblies and systems, viz.: wings, fins, chassis, engine unit, crew cabin, basic aeroplane systems and component parts.

The standardization of the design will make it possible to improve the economic performance of the aeroplane family operation with expenditures kept at a rational level.

The aerodynamics and design of the aeroplanes of the family are based on proven advanced technology to minimise technical risks at the stage of design, testing and operation.

To broaden the customer base among airlines, each of the 2 standard sizes of the aeroplanes of the family (for 75 and 95 seats)has a basic and a LR modification designed for use on a network of various-length routes to make it possible for airlines to improve the economic performance of their operations through a more balanced composition of their fleets based on the route structure and passenger flows.

The Sukhoi Superjet 100 aeroplane family conforms to current and long-range requirements of Russian and global market in commercial aeroplanes.

The design meets the specific requirements of airlines in Russia, the CIS, and western countries, and conforms to the Aviation Rules AP-25, FAR-25, JAR-25 requirements.

The Sukhoi Superjet 100 family aeroplanes conform to the ground noise level requirements under ICAO Chapter 4 and FAR 36 Section 4 standards to come into force 2006.

The M&R system provides for annual up time up to 3,600 FH

Aeroplane frame design service life:

* basic: 70,000 FH, 70,000 takeoff and landing cycles
* LR: 70,000FH, 70,000 takeoff and landing cycles.

The aftersales support of the Sukhoi Superjet 100 aeroplane family is based on the state-of-the-art principles followed in world practices.

Compatibility with 99% of the class A, B and C aerodrome profiles in Russia and the CIS.
Micrav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 01:28 AM   #5
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

Nice looking plane, the cockpit seems a bit steril.
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #6
JoKo65

Homepage:

http://sukhoi.superjet100.com/
Old March 7th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #7
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

Likes (Received): 4979

Quite sad that Russia's celebrating such a small plane. Gone are the days of Russia's glory. This aircraft is basically on the level of Embraer or Bombardier. I think even the engines are made with collaboration. I can't seem to be happy for this plane.
Old March 8th, 2009, 02:26 PM   #8
ddes

Likes (Received): 938

Size isn't everything. They could build the biggest aircraft but if production is slow, they don't provide in-service support to airlines, and if the aircraft isn't as fuel-efficient as the most fuel-efficient planes flying, it wouldn't matter and it wouldn't sell.

The Sukhoi Superjet 100 may be small but I hope with it, they solve the problems which previously left other Soviet aircraft as niche planes.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 02:32 PM   #9
Get Smart
BANNED

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamu maharaj View Post
Quite sad that Russia's celebrating such a small plane. Gone are the days of Russia's glory. This aircraft is basically on the level of Embraer or Bombardier. I think even the engines are made with collaboration. I can't seem to be happy for this plane.
what is wrong with that, Russia will save immense amount of money by not having to buy airbus/boeing etc, yes atm the moment russia built a small plane to start with, they will maker bigger planes in the future.

A11 LJUBLJANA, solchante liked this post
Get Smart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 02:37 PM   #10
fozzy

Likes (Received): 84

I think this plane looks great and it's nice to see a small aircraft with a bit of style. Looks a lot better than the old soviet aircraft!
fozzy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #11
JoKo65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
[…]
yes atm the moment russia built a small plane to start with, they will maker bigger planes in the future.
Right, and this will be the next project:

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9C%D0%A1-21
Old March 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #12
samadifa

Likes (Received): 2

wow such a beauty
samadifa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 11:50 AM   #13
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
what is wrong with that, Russia will save immense amount of money by not having to buy airbus/boeing etc, yes atm the moment russia built a small plane to start with, they will maker bigger planes in the future.
That's coz Russia was on par with the West at one time, but now far behind. That's all I was saying.
Old March 9th, 2009, 11:51 AM   #14
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoKo65 View Post
Right, and this will be the next project:

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9C%D0%A1-21
Sounds good, but is this possible?

Quote:
He also said the new jet would be 10-15% more efficient than the Boeings and Airbuses in its class. It will have 15% better structural weight efficiency, 20% lower direct operating costs and 15% lower fuel consumption than the Airbus A320.

However, despite these advantages, its target price will be just $35 million, $20 million below that of the similarly-sized Boeing 737-700, the official said.
If it achieves even half of that supposed advantage, I can see this plane beign a huge success. Let's see!
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:22 PM   #15
Sukkiri

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
I think this is great for the Russian Aviation Industry. It will help the reputation of Russian-built aircraft (as it is very low in the Western World). If they want to make it big, why not start small? I think the Sukhoi Superjet 100 can prove to be an excellent aircraft, not only does it have advanced aerodynamics and technology but it has a sleek design, unlike many Soviet aircraft.
Old March 10th, 2009, 06:48 PM   #16
RTM84

Likes (Received): 308

I like the looks of this plane.
There is something about the russian and Sovjet designs alike that attracts to my eye.
RTM84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:17 AM   #17
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukkiri View Post
I think this is great for the Russian Aviation Industry. It will help the reputation of Russian-built aircraft (as it is very low in the Western World). If they want to make it big, why not start small? I think the Sukhoi Superjet 100 can prove to be an excellent aircraft, not only does it have advanced aerodynamics and technology but it has a sleek design, unlike many Soviet aircraft.
If the above quoted MC-21 does indeed become a reality, I'd be extremely happy. On that note, Russia also needs to make a new fighter that's not derived from the Su-27. It's about time!
Old March 13th, 2009, 06:55 AM   #18
dösanhoro

Likes (Received): 53

It being delivered to the Americas would extremely interesting. Cuba , Bolivia or Venezuela the first?

Just a beatiful plane. I wonder how it compares to a 318? The smaller players are getting into that range currently.
dösanhoro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2009, 04:21 AM   #19
Helem

Likes (Received): 12909

http://www.knaapo.ru/rus/gallery/eve...nd_ssj-100.wbp

Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by Helem; March 16th, 2009 at 05:20 AM.
Helem está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2009, 04:46 AM   #20
Helem

Likes (Received): 12909

Quote:
In Russia modernized Tu-204.

MS-21

In Russia modernized IL-96.

Resumed production of An-124.

Helem está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
airplane