daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 14th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #61
**RS**

Likes (Received): 51064

Bus UzOtoyol M23.8 on route #12a
image hosted on flickr

Bus MAZ-103 on route # 70
image hosted on flickr

Bus MAZ-103 on route #96
image hosted on flickr

Bus BAZ a079 on route # 109
image hosted on flickr

Bus PAZ on route #114
image hosted on flickr

Bus MAZ-103 on route #143
image hosted on flickr

MY CITY SEVASTOPOL: PROJECTS & CONSTRUCTION | CITYSCAPES || URBANITY IN RUSSIA
**RS** no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2009, 09:07 PM   #62
Filip7370
Modern transit...

Likes (Received): 5

God damm it...THOSE MAZ-103 are mid-flor MAZ-104. Look at the opened door there are steps!!!
Old July 17th, 2009, 12:45 AM   #63
Gag Halfrunt

Likes (Received): 27

Not only that, but the A091 and A092 are made by Bogdan, not BAZ. The supposed MAN that **RS** posted is a Karosa made in Czechoslovakia, and the photos of the MAZ 107 and the Solaris are obvious Photoshop jobs.
Gag Halfrunt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2009, 12:32 PM   #64
**RS**

Why do you think it Photoshop? This is the real pictures that I found in the Internet.

Old July 19th, 2009, 05:35 PM   #65
**RS**

Bus UzOtoyol on route # 12a
image hosted on flickr

Bus BAZ a091 on route # 20
image hosted on flickr

Bus BAZ a06921 on route # 26
image hosted on flickr

Bus UzOtoyol on route # 29
image hosted on flickr

Old July 20th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #66
**RS**

Route #12
image hosted on flickr

Route #20
image hosted on flickr

Old August 1st, 2009, 09:47 PM   #67
**RS**

Bus BAZ-a079 on route # 95a

Old August 2nd, 2009, 03:38 AM   #68
Linnea2

Likes (Received): 0

It´s nice to learn your city will get new trolleybuses. The city where I live (Tucumán) had a 3 route network in 1955-1962. ZiU representatives made an offer to build 2 routes in the ´80s but the proposal came to nothing due to politics.
Linnea2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2009, 04:28 AM   #69
Ukraine

Likes (Received): 505

RS could you show pictures of the new trolleybuses?
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:08 AM   #70
Shmack
Surfin' bird

Likes (Received): 9

Can i ask why are those cables from trolley hanging down outside?

Aprendimos a quererte
desde la historica altura
donde el sol de tu bravura
le puso cerco a la muerte.
Shmack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 09:33 AM   #71
icracked
Kulia I Ka Nu'u

Likes (Received): 42

great photos, I enjoy seeing your city's public transportation
Old August 8th, 2009, 06:16 AM   #72
dwdwone
Subway Dave

Likes (Received): 39

Any trams

Are there only trolleybuses or do you have a tram or two in the mix?
dwdwone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 10:45 AM   #73
**RS**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmack View Post
Can i ask why are those cables from trolley hanging down outside?
I dont know,it is more easy to take down the trolleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwdwone View Post
Are there only trolleybuses or do you have a tram or two in the mix?
Sebastopol is the second city in former Russian Empire (after Kiev) where tram system was opened (in 1898). System existed prior to 1941, was severely damaged during the Second World War and was not restored. Since 1950, the city operates trolleybus transport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukraine View Post
RS could you show pictures of the new trolleybuses?
...in a few days)))...

Old August 28th, 2009, 10:50 AM   #74
**RS**

New buses in Sebastopol-City - belorussian MAZ-206 !!!
There are 22 new buses MAZ-206 planned to operate in our city. First buses on route #1i
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Old September 7th, 2009, 10:29 PM   #75
xlblman

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayviews View Post
RS, thanks for posting the interesting threads on Sebastobal. Based on the pictures, most of the vehicles would be considered minbuses or paratransit. That would explain the HUGE numbers of vehicles.
I've just got back from an all too brief visit to Crimea. Those yellow BAZ/Bogdan/Etalon midibuses were everywhere, but with their narrow entrances and high steps they really can't be considered suitable for high frequency urban routes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayviews View Post
Of course that translates into lots of drivers & lots of driver salaries. Or maybe the drivers are like taxi drivers, or cooperatives, do they own the their vehicles? I don't know how it works out in the Ukraine, but in the US, driver salaries comprise most of the transit operating cost.

So it would be interesting to see how the econonmics work out.
Here in the UK, driver wage costs form the largest single component of operating costs. Back in the mid 1980s when bus services were deregulated, whole town networks were converted from full sized "real" buses to 16 seater "breadvans" running at much higher frequencies (and employing drivers on lower wages...) However, the higher frequencies were usually successful at generating additional passenger traffic. Over the following 20 years or so the "breadvans" matured into larger midibuses. Frequencies have been thinned out a bit, but that said, the firm I work for has found that for urban routes 27 seaters (plus standing) at higher frequencies generate revenue and give us the best return. Some our routes run at up to every 5 minutes using these vehicles. That said, we also have routes running every 7-8 minutes with double deckers, which are needed to carry the loads! And I'm talking about provincial Canterbury in Kent (Population 43,400)!

But back to Crimea. It seems that those BAZ/Bogdan/Etalon midibuses can be bought new for about one third of the price of a comparable sized Optare Solo, so that must tilt the economics a bit.

John
xlblman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 11:34 AM   #76
Gag Halfrunt

Likes (Received): 27

Of course, fares and wages in Ukraine will also be lower than in the UK.
Gag Halfrunt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 08:21 PM   #77
martinx

Likes (Received): 1

Some of these so-called low-floor buses have steps! Adn there are two photoshop jobs also...

You shiould get rid of these little deathtrap vans and replace with full size buses.
martinx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 03:49 PM   #78
**RS**

A low-floor bus MAZ-206 (one of the new 22 buses) on route #17a

Last edited by **RS**; May 27th, 2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 03:53 PM   #79
**RS**

this Ikarus-280 is 20 years old and still serves on route #19

Old February 21st, 2010, 12:35 PM   #80
Dr Vadson

Likes (Received): 1

Very interesting thread. I live in Sevastopol since my birth, but I learnt so many new facts about my city bus system!

Quote:
Originally Posted by **RS** View Post
Bus transport in Sebastopol-City today...
- the largest rolling stock in Ukraine - more than 10 000 cars
No way! City of 380 000 population has the largest transport pool in Ukraine! Wow!

Quote:
- the largest routes count in Ukraine - 337 (for comparison: Kiev have about 100 official bus routes)
Where did you get this numbers? I think you should inform our local authorities, they will be suprised to know that a little city (in terms of population) has 3.37 times more routes than Kiev (~3 000 000 inhabitants).

Quote:
- the average interval of traffic on the routes - 2 min
Only during rush hour. And the buses are mostly full, so you are lucky if you was able to squeese into a bus (doesn't seem like we have 10 000 buses to me)

Quote:
- on average, each route has about 30 pieces of rolling stock.
Logically: let the average route distance be 25 km (to and fro), average speed 40 km/h. Then each bus performs one lap within 25/40 = 37.5 min. If we consider 30 buses on a route, then the bus interval will be 37.5 / 30 = 1.25 min. Then why do I have to wait up to 15 minutes sometimes?

Quote:
Approximately 50 pieces of works on the route number number 2, 9, C10, 12a, 14, 16, 17, 52a, 95a, 103, 107, 109, 120.
I've never seen bus route #C10, 52a and 103.

Quote:
Record for many indicators is the route number 109:this route has more than 250 (!) bus, a traffic interval is 30 seconds...
OK... 109 has 40 km distance at most. Again, average speed is 40 km/h -> 1 hour to make a lap, then the average interval is 60 min / 250 buses = 14.4 sec. In the rush hour the interval is about 2 min, which means that this 250 buses exist only in the **RS**'s imagination.

Quote:
- the most congested routes are 2, 9, C10, 12a, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 23, 26, 36, 46, 48, 52a, 70, 83, 84, 95a, 103, 107, 109, 120, 137, 210, 216 and 535
I've never seen routes #C10, 36, 46, 48, 52a, 70, 103, 137, 210, 216 and 535. Which either means that they operating in some distant districts (and therefore cannot be congested, since less people use them) or **RS** invented them again. In both cases **RS** are telling a lie.

Quote:
- there are 11 bus depots in the city. Many of them have branches. The largest depot is № 4. It has 3 branches. Over 2000 bus vehicles assigned to it.
Since obviously we don't have over 10 000 buses, we don't need so many depots.

Quote:
- among the total bus vehicles count 980 buses are minibuses, 7050 - medium and close to 2000 - large capacity...
Authorities gradually changed all large capacity buses operating in the central city area to medium capacity. We can't have 2000 large capacity buses. And certainly we don't have 7050 medium buses, much less. 980 is still a big number, I think one have to divide it twice at the very least.

Now I'd like to comment on some pictures.

Quote:
MAZ-107 on route 94a

SOLARIS URBINO (on route #19,but it goes to depot on this photo)
I've never seen that kind of buses here. Actually, this pictures just look like a poor Photoshop.

This is just funny. This bus is real, but it is a tourist bus, not a public transport. Why did you add the route plate on it? I thought that this is the transport forum, not a show-me-your-photoshop-skills one. And tell me, where is this "пл. Владимирская" situated in Sevastopol?

At least half of the bus routes that the author mentions here do not exist in reality. I doubt that the author of this topic have been to Sevastopol at least once.
Dr Vadson no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
sevastopol, transport