daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 26th, 2009, 02:53 AM   #61
mmmbry
kelowna

Likes (Received): 1

I dont know if your all aware of this, but i just recently found out that using google sketchup you can make models of any buildings and send them to google for approval to load onto the official google earth. Most of the building models on google earth are actually designed by random people. Check out
http://sketchup.google.com/intl/en/y...n3d/index.html
I found this pretty eye opening.
I'd like to see a 3D model of dubai marina haha
mmmbry no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2009, 06:45 AM   #62
ausie
BANNED

Likes (Received): 28

****** **** the infinity towers coming along good isn't it, the claddings great
ausie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 11:03 AM   #63
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer68 View Post
please culwulla !does dubaï have some rezession, economic problems ? constructions stopped, on hold ? projects which are cancelled ? yes or no ! thanks !
Yes they do.
Go here for a bigger list (all projects over 200m)
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 02:39 AM   #64
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10144

^thats about 70 towers over 200m currently underconstruction?? wow, not really recession for dubai.
Old April 27th, 2009, 02:49 AM   #65
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Actually only 46 but 26 completed also so that makes 72 in total (not including on hold). There are probably a few more I didn't take into account. I think some of the jumeirah beach residence or else executive towers might be in there but I don't know their height.
Old April 27th, 2009, 04:07 AM   #66
CULWULLA

thats incredible. here in sydney we have none over 150m uc. really bad times atm.
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:39 AM   #67
saeed
KING SAEED III

Likes (Received): 6

well, you can add those ones if am not mistaking

1)AL tayer 249m 90%
2)Arenco media 244m 100%
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:24 PM   #68
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by I do View Post
There's a Doughnut shaped buillding in the right corner in that last picture. what is that?
I'm wondering that as well. It looks very interesting.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 10:45 AM   #69
Zollern

Likes (Received): 15

see post #54.
Zollern no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 12:16 PM   #70
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

It was a project by Nakheel which was cancelled because they ran out of money.
Old May 9th, 2009, 10:51 PM   #71
saeed
KING SAEED III

I think and heard its on hold only!
but until when?! obviously until money start rolling back to Nakheel.
Old May 14th, 2009, 12:10 AM   #72
bubble07

Likes (Received): 2

i reaaly want to visit dubai...

http://tinyurl.com/makedollarsnow

get xbox live codes at:
http://tinyurl.com/4reexboxcodes
bubble07 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 11:15 AM   #73
saeed
KING SAEED III

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble07 View Post
i reaaly want to visit dubai...
If you want I can describe to you what Dubai look like: Imagine the whole city as one big construction site which is 40% completed. Thats what you will see in most parts!
Old May 26th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #74
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad
Sapphire

Likes (Received): 6165

Ahmad Rashid Ahmad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 07:22 PM   #75
galzu

Likes (Received): 0

I know I've seen your other diagrams, but they included supertalls from around the world, does anyone have a link to that please? No pic in necessary, I'd rather keep the pics and what not on topic! thanks

www.therandomday.com
galzu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 05:20 AM   #76
CULWULLA

heres latest update
i think it pretty accurate with current heights, going off recent pix by imre

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by CULWULLA; June 2nd, 2009 at 01:28 AM.
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 12:52 AM   #77
saeed
KING SAEED III

we still not reached 300m any where here! This is taking some time to get there.
with the summer heat, construction will slow down. My guess we will start seeing 300+ begining of next year.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 01:50 AM   #78
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2623

It's pretty ironic, considering how huge the marina superblock already looks.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 02:00 AM   #79
Dan Hochhaus
highrise addicted

Likes (Received): 35

Thank U for the diagram update... I just was about to play the role of "the worrier" again, moaning about Sulafa @ 221m on the diagram, but "slowhand" fits better to me. Because after previewing my post, I've recognized that meanwhile you've changed the height down to 160m, Culwulla.

Well done - that has been exactly my guess, too: the floors of Sulafa Tower are up to lv44 from 75, and if we assume the top floor at 255m (cf. render), we only get 150m. Considering that some side walls are 2-3 levels ahead, 160m should be enough for Sulafa so far.

So perhaps these 221m could result from a little mix-up? On Imre's "Goldcrest View" from May 31st, Mag 218 to the right looks well around 221m tall, and thus deserves more on your diagram. On that pic, Sulafa Tower is still hidden by the roof rightmost in the foreground IMO.
Old June 7th, 2009, 12:09 AM   #80
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

A new progress report from today. I think it's time for Culwulla to update his diagram

Most notable changes are that Lamtara towers have been increased to 454m and have restarted and also, burj al alam might have more activity on site soon. Progress is good at the tallest block, not so good at at SZR where al yacoub, the index and al attar are very slow. HHHR Tower has topped out with a crappy little spire, almas is almost done, etc.

Dubai Supertall Progress Report

Nakheel Tower

Same as before, on hold for who knows how long. Nakheel say one year but they are almost bankrupt.

Burj Dubai

In the recent two months progress here has been a little better. More cladding has gone up and work is probably progressing on the interiors.

Pentominium

The latest (very deep) excavations show that piling has probably finished and now they are digging to reveal the pile caps.

One Park Avenue

No news here at all.

Dubai Towers

On hold, similar to any other huge government backed projects, who knows for how long this will stay on hold.

Burj al Alam

There have been reports from newspapers that work will restart here. Pictures of the construction site also show more piling rigs on site so work will probably pick up now. Apparently the building has been redesigned to cut costs. According to some reports the tower now has 120 floors as opposed to 108. Eight contractors have bid for the main contract although it remains to be seen how much work will get done eventually.

LamTara Towers

This project has recently resumed construction. Also new information from the architects has revealed that the height of the tallest of the two tower is 454m with 88 floors and the other tower has 77 floors but the height is unknown.

Damac Heights

No recent news here.

Marina 106

Piling continues.

Princess Tower

Progress has been slower in the past few months with around one floor being built every 2 weeks. The core has reached the 61st floor.

Marina 101

Construction speed has picked up in the last few weeks since the main residential floors have now started to be built. The tower is at the 16th floor approximately. The tower next door (Sulafa Tower) is being built by the same contractor which should result in less problems with logistics, etc.

The Lighthouse

There have been no recent updates here so status is unknown. It will be interesting to find out if piling has finished or not.

Burj al Fattan

Demolition is continuing at the usual slow pace. There is also no recent news about what is to be built there.

23 Marina

This tower has now reached the 56th floor. The general rate of progress hasn’t changed much in the past few months. Floors are being built at a rate of around one floor every 9 days.

Emirates Park Towers

The good progress has continued. The towers are now 53 floors high.

Elite Residence

Work on the main tower above the podium has now started but like princess tower, is quite slow. The core is at the same height while the main tower is now 2 floors above the podium.

Almas Tower

This is almost completed.

Al Attar Tower

This recently resumed construction with the addition of some new cladding but seems to have slowed down again. Progress on all Al Attar projects is erratic.

The Torch

The rapid progress continues on this tower with the core reaching 67 floors recently. If the current rate of progress continues then this will be the tallest tower in the marina in under two months. When compared to neighbouring under construction towers, a lot of cladding work needs to be done. Princess Tower and Ocean Heights for example have almost all the cladding done up to their current height while this has only approximately half of the cladding done.

Rose Rotana Suites

A completed but unused tower on SZR.

The Skyscraper

There haven’t been many recent updates here so it is not known if piling is continuing or if it has gone on hold again.

Al Yacoub Tower

Work on this tower has resumed with some progress on the cladding. The height of the tower remains unchanged.

The Index

Progress on this topped out tower continues at a very slow pace with only a few cladding panels being added each day. There is probably more interior work happening though.

HHHR Tower

This tower has recently been topped with a hideous spire that looks like it was made by lego or something like that. Progress on this tower has been very good in general and the tower itself looks great.

Ocean Heights

This tower continues to be built at a quick pace with the core now having reached the 57th floor. Also, the subtle twisting of the tower is starting to take shape visually.

Infinity Tower

Progress on this tower continues to be good with many workers on site. Work is now progressing on the 8th floor of the tower while the core remains at the 15th. The twisting can already be seen.

Al Hekma Tower

No progress as expected.

Last edited by malec; June 7th, 2009 at 12:35 AM.