daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 27th, 2009, 01:10 PM   #141
Dubaiiscool:)

Likes (Received): 16

So what your saying is that if a company in a country or city has a lot of debt then the whole country or city will collapse?

Seriously the Media is just a lot of scavengers and i wont trust them because recent studies has shown that the the viewers is loosing confidence in media because they are lying for sensation.
Dubaiiscool:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2009, 01:46 PM   #142
Ramako

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaiiscool:) View Post
So what your saying is that if a company in a country or city has a lot of debt then the whole country or city will collapse?

Seriously the Media is just a lot of scavengers and i wont trust them because recent studies has shown that the the viewers is loosing confidence in media because they are lying for sensation.
It's not the media that's losing confidence in Dubai - it's the world financial markets.

Dubai was built on highly leveraged money. It's no surprise that they're bankrupt. Building massive skyscrapers because they look pretty is not a business model.
Ramako no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2009, 01:51 PM   #143
Dubaiiscool:)

Likes (Received): 16

I am just saying that the media is overexaggerating this situation.

BTW.

Dubai Government intervention to ensure commercial success: Shaikh Ahmad

Dubai: Dubai Government on Thursday night said, its latest intervention in restructuring is aimed at ensuring "long term commercial success" of Dubai World - one of the UAE's largest holding companies that includes DP World - one of the world's largest port operator and Nakheel - arguably the largest property developer in the UAE.

“We want to ensure resources are deployed in the full knowledge that they are used to enhance the businesses of the Dubai World Group, build on the restructuring that has already been taking place and ensure long term commercial success," Shaikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, chairman of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, Chairman and Chief Executive of Emirates Airline and Group and Chairman of Dubai Government's Supreme Fiscal Committee said in a statement issued on Thursday.

Further information will be made available early next week, he said.

Dubai Government on Wednesday announced that it will restructure Dubai World, which has sought an extension for the immediate repayment of liabilities to the tune of $3.52 billion maturing on December 14, till May 30, 2010.

“Our intervention in Dubai World was carefully planned and reflects its specific financial position. The Government is spearheading the restructuring of this commercial operation in the full knowledge of how the markets would react," he said.

"Like most global cities, Dubai has experienced its share of economic and social challenges in this global downturn. No market is immune from economic issues. This is a sensible business decision."

Concerning the global market reaction in Europe and other parts of the world, which some analysts linked to the announcement to restructure Dubai World, Shaikh Ahmad said, "We understand the concerns of the market and the creditors in particular. However we have had to intervene because of the need to take decisive action to address its particular debt burden."

He pointed out that the unprecedented growth, in Dubai and across the UAE, over the past decade has helped lay the foundation for what is now a broad-based sustainable economy beyond just natural resources.

“The economic fundamentals, such as our highly developed infrastructure, strong transport and communications hub and regional financial centre will ensure Dubai remains an attractive regional market," he added.

http://gulfnews.com/business/general...ahmad-1.532978
Dubaiiscool:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2009, 02:23 PM   #144
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Just so people know, this whole problem government owned companies such as Nakheel (and this is almost all Nakheel's fault ). The vast majority of towers in this thread are being built by private developers which have nothing to do with this debt so they will not suddenly grind to a halt. If you remember, all of Nakheel's project did actually grind to a halt late last year.
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2009, 02:57 PM   #145
Wuhy_9

Likes (Received): 20

Whatever.
What I wanna say is I love Dubai and I blieve in Dubai. I think Dubai can finally make it though.
Wuhy_9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2009, 04:44 PM   #146
Dan Hochhaus
highrise addicted

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
hats cool. ta for imput. hey whats marina crown missing?
To be more precise: I think the height 207m is outdated, because the planned green top, like on this render had been cut to an almost flat roof in fact. The design details of your drawings are okay, but the building as a whole is a bit fatter and smaller, not as tall as the 207m Tamani Hotel, cp. with this Okt 14 pano. And if you use Marina Crwon as reference, the u/c buildings may look a bit taller than they are.

Btw. what does "ta" stand for here? "to above", "turn around" or "thanks again"? Or maybe "teaching assistant"? Hopefully nothing like "think attack", "threat axis" or "total annihilation"...
Old November 27th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #147
buy
jack's wasted life

Likes (Received): 0

I have to say I am very unsurprised. Even progress reports from Dubai supertalls showed the situation; luxury highrises all around and massive expanses of desert surrounding them. This report talks about the "if you build it they will come mentality". I think Dubai would have done well in years with good economic growth. Maybe we need to focus more on whether skyscrapers here and there are necessary for their cities rather than how beautifully they are designed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8381363.stm
buy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 12:20 AM   #148
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5171

What a difference in just a couple years!

October 16, 2007 posted by AltinD
[IMG]http://i22.************/apjoe8.jpg[/IMG]

November 1, 2008 posted by Stephen23
[IMG]http://i38.************/9gkkf5.jpg[/IMG]

December 18, 2009 posted by Imre
[IMG]http://i47.************/2u9o1si.jpg[/IMG]
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 12:25 AM   #149
WiGgLz01
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

My goodness that's amazing progress!! Especially the princess tower!
WiGgLz01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 05:07 PM   #150
RandomNameTag
Skyscraper fan

Likes (Received): 22

Any updates for early 2010?
RandomNameTag no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #151
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomNameTag View Post
Any updates for early 2010?

08/January/2010

Dubai Marina, tallest block

[IMG]http://i50.************/2lo2clc.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i50.************/2m2sug1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i49.************/2z8cduo.jpg[/IMG]
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #152
Imre
Dubai

13/January/2010

Dubai Marina , tallest block

[IMG]http://i47.************/2lxbck3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i50.************/2upuu6q.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i46.************/2ur5coh.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i48.************/iqkmc3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i46.************/2u8e2gy.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:24 AM   #153
hotice
CRITICO URBANITA

Likes (Received): 211

I think that Dubai Marina area is too dense. A big error, because Dubai has a lot of ground just to build so many tall towers so near.

Perhaps it has any reason, but is possibly a ridiculous copy of the density of others cities (New York, Chicago, Hong Kong...)

If I had money, I´d never buy an apartment on a 35th floor of a tower without views!
hotice no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 04:10 PM   #154
no_gods

Likes (Received): 68

Dubai Marina start to look awesome. Few months ago, it wasn't so impressive.
no_gods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #155
Guest89
----SSC ®----

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotice View Post
I think that Dubai Marina area is too dense. A big error, because Dubai has a lot of ground just to build so many tall towers so near.

Perhaps it has any reason, but is possibly a ridiculous copy of the density of others cities (New York, Chicago, Hong Kong...)

If I had money, I´d never buy an apartment on a 35th floor of a tower without views!

What do you mean a ridiculous copy of other skylines? So you are saying Hong Kong, Chicago, Shanghai all copied from New York? Each city that wants to have dense skylines can do so. It looks better when it's dense than if it one building a kilometre from the other one. Density makes the city look good economically and powerful. Some cities don't have density and everything looks out of place.

So you are saying you wont live in New York, Hong Kong, Chicago and almost all other dense cities because you dont want a view of another building?
Guest89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 08:59 PM   #156
aamirnehal
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

So Nice. I like This Thread.
aamirnehal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 09:27 PM   #157
Blue Flame
Get Silly!

Likes (Received): 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamirnehal View Post
So Nice. I like This Thread.
Oh god, would you shut up! Every single one of your posts are the same. If you can't improve on the silence, then don't write anything.
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #158
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2623

The new shots pretty much end the debate on whether Princess Tower is taller than the The Torch or not.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:19 AM   #159
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame View Post
Oh god, would you shut up! Every single one of your posts are the same. If you can't improve on the silence, then don't write anything.
You are "talking" to a automated spam bot. The spam links were in the signature, which was deleted.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #160
Imre
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
The new shots pretty much end the debate on whether Princess Tower is taller than the The Torch or not.
Princess Tower is the tallest now.