daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 3rd, 2010, 02:50 PM   #81
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Here you go. You can see what it is like now in the first pic and what it's going to be in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
Via deze vergelijking is goed te zien waar die precies komt en wat er voor gaat sneuvelen.

Situatie ter plaatse nu

situatie dadelijk

Dat laagbouw ding wat er voor staat gaat dus ook weg. Je kan links en rechts zien wat de buren zijn. Het gebouw precies achter de book gaat dus weg.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2010, 03:03 PM   #82
Ni3lS

Lijnbaanhoven/Weena | 220m - 200m - 180m

A huge complex that is planned for the lijnbaan in the citycenter of Rotterdam. At the moment the lijnbaan is one of the main shopping districts of Rotterdam. Everyone who leaves the central train station walks right into it. It's a mixed use district with shops, a couple of office flats/towers and residential flats (commieblock idea). IMO it looks kinda disappointing for a city as Rotterdam that is getting a lot of new and shiny towers/projects. This part defenitely needs a facelift and it would be totally awesome if they'd build 3 skyscrapers including 2 200m towers. It's probably going to take a long time before they're going to build this, and ofcourse it's also residential so a lot of nimbies live over there that are going to do whatever it takes to stop this project from happening.

Here a few renders:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Offereins View Post
Maar ff wat impressies plaatsen:
Van www.clausenkaan.com

Door Spartaan gepost:
I'll post some pictures of what it currently looks like later this year. Let's hope for the best
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Old September 3rd, 2010, 03:09 PM   #83
Ni3lS

Rotterdam: Vopak

So this tower has been on hold for a long time because huge international company 'Vopak' had financial problems. A while ago they started construction again. There's been a height reduction. It was supposed to be 70 meters tall. We don't know the new height, but most likely it's not going to be taller than it is now. The huge crane that they set up a couple of years ago is still standing and for me it looks like a small building with a huge crane. See for yourself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaas View Post
Old September 4th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #84
Ni3lS

De Rotterdam

Update 9.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli4S View Post
Van vanmorgen:

[IMG]http://i54.************/sv4fhg.jpg[/IMG]
Old September 4th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #85
Ni3lS

Rotterdam: Randstadrail - Subway line E

So years ago work started on the subway network expansion. It's subway line E and it was supposed to connect the central station of Rotterdam with the central station of the Hague. They gave it the name 'Randstadrail'. Randstad is the area in the southwest of Holland. It's actually just being called Randstad and it has over 9/10 million people living there. It's considered one of the bigger metropole area's of Europe. Ultimate goal is connecting different cities to each other with this randstadrail. It's inbetween a normal rail service and subway line. We've heard plans to connect cities such as Zoetermeer, Delft and Leiden in the future too. So back to the connecting Rotterdam to the Hague story. They actually opened the subway line E a couple of weeks ago. The idea is getting passengers from Rotterdam to the Hague in 30 minutes. Here are some pics:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippolyte View Post
Vandaag blijkbaar ook:

Wellicht probeert men alvast de eenheid tussen lijn E en de Slinge-CS pendel op lijn D te benadrukken?
[img]http://t1.************/images?q=tbn:r43x_eWkr6IVdM:http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q252/stationzwolle/randstadrail.jpg&t=1[/img]

[img]http://t3.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUgVJfPxWFms0dW9Oet0TiAiJjsJ6Rbi4GVUWj9qrvA6VODk4&t=1&usg=__6PygihX_A6ME0-WdDlrfl6N7-Ko=[/img]

The map:

Old September 5th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #86
sebastiao

Likes (Received): 0

That's silly: you are showing the old map.
This is the new situation, with the Blijdorp station and the preliminary terminus of Metro E at RTM CS.
http://www.ret.nl/reizen-met-ret/kaa...0cm%20pdf.ashx
sebastiao no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #87
Ni3lS

my bad, didn't see. Don't call me silly fu
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:36 PM   #88
Ni3lS

New Orleans - 9.5

By me

Old September 6th, 2010, 10:40 PM   #89
Ni3lS

De Rotterdam - 9.5

By me

Old September 6th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #90
Ni3lS

Rotterdam: Parkstad - Update 9.5

By me

Old September 7th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #91
spag85

(duplicate)
spag85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #92
spag85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
We've heard plans to connect cities such as Zoetermeer...
In fact, Zoetermeer is connected to Den Haag by RandstadRail (or to better phrase, the light rail line has been connected to two Hague tram lines), although a Zoetermeer-Rotterdam (ZoRo) connection might be possible in the future (currently a bus).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
The idea is getting passengers from Rotterdam to the Hague in 30 minutes.
Well the central stations are already connected in 24 minutes by frequent heavy rail, but of course this metro line offers direct connections to much more locations.

Thanks for the pictures!
spag85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #93
Ni3lS

Rotterdam: Port City 1

Update 9.3

Quote:
Old September 8th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #94
Ni3lS

Rotterdam: De Karel Doorman | 70m

So this project has been on hold for the past 2 years. It was supposed to be completed at the end of 2008. Work seems to have started again. Great news! They also changed the name. The project's name used to be 'Linea Nova'. Now it's called 'de karel doorman'.

Render

Update 9.3

Quote:
Old September 8th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #95
Ni3lS

Maasvlakte II - Rotterdam Port Expansion | Update 9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotterdam sky-high View Post
5-9-2010:

image hosted on flickr
Old September 19th, 2010, 10:30 PM   #96
Ni3lS

B-Tower | 9.18

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoogbouwe View Post
18 September 2010

[IMG]http://i56.************/1y23pk.jpg[/IMG]
Old September 19th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #97
Ni3lS

Blaak 8 | 9.18

Update

Quote:
18 september:

[IMG]http://i52.************/2cx6yzd.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.************/27xko0p.jpg[/IMG]
Old September 19th, 2010, 10:35 PM   #98
Ni3lS

Markthal | 9.18

Update

Quote:
18 september:

[IMG]http://i52.************/2m3i7hg.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.************/9t2zcz.jpg[/IMG]
Old September 19th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #99
Ni3lS

Central station | 9.18

Update

Quote:
En volgende week de tussenliggers over de sporen heen?

nog meer plaatjes:
[IMG]http://i56.************/2lj5376.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.************/wbwgu9.jpg[/IMG]
Old September 19th, 2010, 10:40 PM   #100
Ni3lS

Calypso | 9.18

Update

Tags
rotterdam