daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > North Africa > Egypt > Construction, infrastructure & development > Projects & Construction | المشاريع الانشائية > Alexandria, The North Coast & The Nile Delta

Old March 14th, 2009, 01:40 PM   #1
UAE_isthebest

Likes (Received): 23

ALEXANDRIA | City Centre Mall Expansion | Completed

Some info about the expension:

Quote:
Alexandria City Centre plans $69m expansion

Written by Egypt News
Wednesday, 14 May 2008

Alexandria City Centre is planning 370 million Egyptian pound ($69m) mega expansions, according to an Egyptian statement

The mall will almost double in size, adding 29,117 square meters of gross leasing space to take its total offering to 62,162 square meters and over 90 additional stores.
The new extension will house anchor stores such as Home Centre and Centre Point, spread over 11,481 square meters, six iconic international retailers such as H&M and Debenhams and many other well-known brands taking the total number of retailers in Alexandria City Centre to more than 190.
Expected to be completed in September 2009, the project will be divided into three phases to include building of the new mall, renovation of few stores in the existing mall and construction of the parking lot.
The mall will be given an overall facelift on both the exterior and interior elements - enhancing its landscape with water features and brand new external lighting effects. The parking lot, once completed, will be similar to the one at Mall of the Emirates in Dubai with circulating walkways for the safety of customers.
“This redevelopment and expansion project is a sign of the immense growth that Alexandria City Centre has witnessed since its inception in 2003. Last year alone the mall attracted 11.5 million visitors through its doors, while sales went up 19 per cent,” said Steve Lalic, vice-president – leasing and asset management, MAF Misr.
“As leaders of the shopping, entertainment and leisure concepts in the country, we study trends very closely and strive to continually evolve our product offering in relation to the ever-changing market. Our aim is to provide our visitors with a truly international shopping environment.
The new extension, innovative designs and retail concepts will offer our customers just that one of the most rewarding retail ambiance in the country,” said Lalic.
The expansion is expected to provide a further boost to Alexandria’s economy by generating more than 5,000 (direct and indirect) job opportunities and introducing more than 90 new brands to the centre.
Located opposite the beautiful Alexandria International Park in Egypt, Alexandria City Centre currently offers over 33,000 square meters of sophisticated, contemporary shopping and entertainment.
A 14,771 square meter Carrefour hypermarket and over 90 retail outlets are complemented by Magic Planet, a six-screen cinema and a variety of dining options.
In five years, Alexandria City Centre has become the lifestyle choice for residents and tourists alike.
Some photos of the todays mall:

image hosted on flickr

I've been there 2 years ago. It's a great mall I've had a great time there. It's great news that they are going to make the mall almost twice a big and that they are going to give the whole mall a facelift at the interior and exterior and the new parking lot is great too.

Last edited by UAE_isthebest; October 7th, 2009 at 12:49 AM.
UAE_isthebest no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 14th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #2
Phevos
Madrid 2020

Likes (Received): 0

Yes, also too close to airport, giving spectacular approach views..
Phevos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 05:40 PM   #3
UAE_isthebest

I know. Starbucks is right in front the airport. It was awesome to see planes take-off and landing while having a starbucks coffee break, and aviation is my hobby so it was quite cool
Old March 14th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #4
egypt69

Likes (Received): 1311

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAE_isthebest View Post
I know. Starbucks is right in front the airport. It was awesome to see planes take-off and landing while having a starbucks coffee break, and aviation is my hobby so it was quite cool
haha I saw your youtube videos, btw im a HUGE aviatioan fan too

The last time i was there, an f16 fighter jet passed INCREDIBLY LOW over starbuks, and its sound was awesome, i was amazed
Old March 24th, 2009, 11:36 PM   #5
eskandarany
من المحيــط إلىٰ الخليــج

Likes (Received): 46

?

Do they have anywhere to expand to? evidently so, but I hope they don't remove any parking!
That area of alex really needs a metro, looads of traffic from the city & the cairo highway shouldn't be crowded more than it is normally anyway!

Last edited by eskandarany; March 24th, 2009 at 11:40 PM. Reason: added photos for the benefit of non-alexandrians!
eskandarany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:24 AM   #6
Phevos
Madrid 2020

Likes (Received): 0

yep, and the awkward system of u-turns makes it even worse...
Phevos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 01:56 AM   #7
UAE_isthebest

New Google Earth photo. You can see the construction here:

Looks good. It's a very big expansion. It has almost the size of the current mall and the parking lot has a nice capacity too.

Old September 11th, 2009, 10:24 PM   #8
egypt69

Alexandria City Center extension opens

Quote:
CAIRO: The new extension at Alexandria City Center is open for business, doubling the size of the mall and adding 75 new stores.

The additional facility, which was first announced in April, was developed at an investment cost of LE 370 million, bringing the total number of retail outlets in the mall to 162.

Omar Hussein Gaafar, general manager at Alexandria City Center, called it the “jewel in the crown of the region's shopping, leisure and entertainment offerings.”

“The retail mix at the mall will offer visitors the full spectrum of choice for luxury-seekers as well as price-conscious consumers,” he added.

Some of the new stores are opening for the first time in Egypt, including Centrepoint, Home Centre, Evans, Max.

There are also market players including Bershka, Pull & Bear, Zara, Mango, H&M, among others.
http://www.thedailynewsegypt.com/art...rticleID=24497

Quote:
Omar Hussein Gaafar breaking the wall that separates the old mall from it’s the new extension.
Great News!!!
Old September 12th, 2009, 12:16 AM   #9
UAE_isthebest

wooohooo!!!! GREAT! and just in time for me I was expecting months of delays !
Old September 12th, 2009, 02:36 AM   #10
egypt69

They did it just for you karim
egypt69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 12:46 AM   #11
UAE_isthebest

Hi all!

I've a new arial photo of the City Centre mall. It is a photo in a almost completed stage. I also saw something new to the right side of the City Centre mall. They look like houses... Is that a Residential Project or a part of City Centre? If someone knows please tell us

Here is the photo:

So... 16 October (Next Week) I will arrive in Alexandria. I'm going to try to take some pictures of the new City centre mall
Old October 7th, 2009, 01:41 AM   #12
egypt69

I have no idea what that place is next to the mall, but it definitely is some sort of residence.. Have fun next week buddy, and tyr and get us pics of Borg EL Arab Airport too if you can
Old October 16th, 2009, 11:26 PM   #13
UAE_isthebest

I was at the new expension of City Centre today... 1 word: WOW! So nice! Many high quality stores for a nice price... Today it's Friday the busiest day in the week and the whole parking lot the new and old one were almost full!! But inside the mall it's still very spacious and easy to move around. The whole mall felt very "state of the art" great working Airco everything was perfect! They will demolish 1 exit because there are 2 new one. The new citycenter is almost as good as San Stefano. A Family member of me is an engineer of the new CityCentre .. Ow and the Houses next to City centre are Villas or something. I've some photos and videos I will upload them when I'm back in Holland
Old October 16th, 2009, 11:33 PM   #14
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Likes (Received): 763

ARGH, i blame my self, i was there, and i forgot to bring some pictures :@, anyway we all rely on you now. BTW I'd suggest havering a second parking there it's really busy, it could be underground which would be cool, and if they have like monitors that say there is 12 free spaces left, that will make life way easier.

- "I put "thobe" as my email password, but Gmail said it wasn't long enough."
- "#MyWifeIsLuckyBecause I let her shower naked."
- "#MyWifeIsLuckyBecause I let her wear make up under her niqab."
- "Can't stop thinking about those forearms I saw by accident."
- "Downloading the new "Angry Beards""
xAbd0o no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #15
egypt69

wow sounds good man! Lookin forward to your pics...

What do you plan to do in the next few days???
Old October 16th, 2009, 11:39 PM   #16
UAE_isthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by egypt69 View Post
wow sounds good man! Lookin forward to your pics...

What do you plan to do in the next few days???
I don't Really know what the plans are My uncle has made the plans but I'm going to swim tomorrow in sea at a nice place and I'm going to Agami, San stefano mall, City Centre again etc.

Yes the parking system is very crowded and not easy.. to many U-turns and roundabouts... A Parking garage like san stefano would be great.
Old October 16th, 2009, 11:42 PM   #17
egypt69

ahhhh Agami In summer, some of the best chicks in the country

Sounds like your having a good time, nice to hear.
Old October 16th, 2009, 11:44 PM   #18
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Likes (Received): 763

one of the new U turns near gamal 3abd el naser street made life so much hard for me LOL, but anyway, agami is great i would also advice you to go to an aqua city call teverna, it's in the cairo- alex desert way really good been there about 5times.

- "I put "thobe" as my email password, but Gmail said it wasn't long enough."
- "#MyWifeIsLuckyBecause I let her shower naked."
- "#MyWifeIsLuckyBecause I let her wear make up under her niqab."
- "Can't stop thinking about those forearms I saw by accident."
- "Downloading the new "Angry Beards""
xAbd0o no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 11:47 PM   #19
UAE_isthebest

Yes I can't wait for Agami great memories! And I will see our new apartment next to Agami in 6th October ... Thanks for your tip about Teverna but I will go with the bus van Alex to Cairo airport .. (btw the facade renovation works at Terminal 1 are almost done and it looks great! )
Old October 16th, 2009, 11:50 PM   #20
egypt69

Are you taking that bus service which I showed you, to Cairo Airport??? Its really great, I used them for the first time this year, and they were fantastic.

Tags
alexandria, construction, egypt, mall