daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 14th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #3141
Blackraven

Likes (Received): 233

Train melodies?

You should check out the ones for the Nagoya subway (they sound like a basketball game).

Blackraven no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #3142
zaguric2
Hrvatsko Zagorje

Likes (Received): 137

Great!
zaguric2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 03:31 PM   #3143
Rodalvesdepaula
Scooter/motorbike lover

Likes (Received): 40742

Quote:
Originally Posted by quashlo View Post
This is one of the more widespread departure melodies, so you can actually find it at many other stations. It's called "JR-SH2-1", and is part of the "JR-SH" series of melodies, a basic set of melodies used at many stations under JR East's jurisdiction.

Some examples of stations using the same melody:

Ochanomizu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aTLjphul0o&hd=1

Komoro (Nagano Prefecture). This station is actually on the Shinano Railway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY1i1YSYsUM&hd=1

Kōriyama, Tōhoku Shinkansen platforms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMtQZGyDTmc&hd=1

If you go to 地方 (areas outside of Tōkyō), you can frequently hear the same melodies being re-used. My personal favorites for melodies are the following two:

Verde Rayo V2 (Tōkyō Station, Keiyō Line platforms)

Twilight (Shinjuku Station, Yamanote Line clockwise loop)
And where can I download these melodies, in mp3?

My favorite Higashi-Nihon JR melody is for Yamanote Line, in Tokyo Station.

Old December 15th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #3144
loefet

Here are some alternatives for you

http://melody.pos.to/page/
http://www.japan-railways.com/yatej.htm
http://space.geocities.jp/hisakyu_ra.../index_eg.html

Have fun!!
loefet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2011, 12:54 AM   #3145
Rodalvesdepaula
Scooter/motorbike lover

Likes (Received): 40742

Thank you, guy!
Old December 18th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #3146
Blackraven

In other news:

Hatsune Miku train in Hokkaido (where Crypton Future Media office is located)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...7825637&type=1

From December 2011 to March 2012.

Train announcements will be voiced by none other than 'the voice' behind Hatsune Miku herself: Miss Saki Fujita

And with that:
Man, I really I wish I can ride on that kind of train
Old December 19th, 2011, 06:44 AM   #3147
AG

Likes (Received): 545

A slightly older video with bilingual announcements and jingles (from about 1:00 onwards) from Osaka Station:

And a newer one with a rather complex service - a rapid service that has two destinations:

AG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 05:10 PM   #3148
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
And a newer one with a rather complex service - a rapid service that has two destinations
Yes, that's the Yamatoji Kaisoku service. The front 4 cars are bound for Nara, and the rear 4 are for Gojou, via the Wakayama Line. I assume the train is separated at the junction at Ooji. JR West has alot of these interesting services, much more appealing than the rather plain jane JR East service patterns.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:14 AM   #3149
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 460

I mostly agree with ya K.K., but I wouldn't go so far as to call JR East "plain Jane"... For example, the Shonan-Shinjuku line... Runs from either Zushi and points south on the Yokosuka line, or as far as Atami on the Tokaido line all the way up and around the westside Yamanote loop, then outbound to Omiya then either Utsunomiya in Tochigi or Maebashi in Gunma. Many many ways to end up a long way from home if you're not paying attention (or fall asleep en route!)

On another note: It's STRANGE for me to see escalators going UP off of the Osaka Loop platforms now!!
starrwulfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #3150
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

here's my favorite train melody...which for some reason isn't used anymore. It's the Osaka Loop Line "doors closing" melody at the end of this video...

I used to live near this station, many years ago... I miss that sound nowadays.
Old December 21st, 2011, 02:20 AM   #3151
k.k.jetcar

Quote:
I wouldn't go so far as to call JR East "plain Jane"... For example, the Shonan-Shinjuku line...
Ah yes, that's an impressive operation, but more for the length and various lines the train traverses. I doubt JR East would run an eight car train (very short by JR East urban network standards) and split it halfway on the route. JR East is more the "run a long train on one route, and let people transfer to branch lines at intermediate stations" type of operation. Of course, the two regions have different traffic patterns and volumes (JR West, for example, is locked in more heavy competition with the private railway operators), so that has an effect on operational philosophy.
Old December 21st, 2011, 05:54 PM   #3152
Blackraven

@k.k.jetcar

Since you're from Hokkaido, let me ask you this: Have you tried riding on the Hatsune Miku train?
Old December 26th, 2011, 12:31 AM   #3153
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

More Tokyu Toyoko line/Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line news...

Work is progressing at a more noticable clip in preparations for these two lines to be joined together for through-routing sometime in the summer of 2012*

1. They took what used to be a Toks Newsstand off of the "bridge" covering up the middle tracks and put a small temporary wall up...

2. However that wall has grown in size and stature in the last 2 weeks.

Immediately behind it, there are some materials being laid out for works to begin happening. I'm told they'll be working on the overhead power structures first. I still don't know if they will be installing platform doors on these tracks, but only 8-car trains will be stopping here, so maybe not.
My belief is they need to make sure Metro Hibiya line trains that through service onto the Toyoko line can end somewhere in the event something occurs preventing them from getting back onto the Hibiya line just north of Naka-Meguro station. It's happened before. Since those cars are 18m long and only have 3 or 5 doors per side (Toyoko/Fukutoshin trains are 20m long with 4 doors per side), perhaps not. Stay tuned.

3. Next up, we take a look at my hometown station on the Toyoko line, Hiyoshi. On the left, the Yokohama-bound side. Framing looks complete, and they'll be adding wooden forms and rebar for concrete pouring soon. Looks like that operations shed will stay; there's enough room to pass on the left for a platform. On the right, the Shibuya-bound side. They just started placing pilings, so more work to come. The wall in front of me doesn't appear to be load-bearing; it might come down later...

Construction here FINALLY started sometime last week or so--thought they'd never start since the platforms at some of the other stations like Tsunashima and Musashi-Kousugi (below) are pretty much complete. However there's a serious junction immediately south of the station that allows storage for the Meguro line trains, since that line terminates here. Also remember they're going to be extending those same tracks down into a tunnel about 500m from that spot in 5-6 years when the Sotetsu-Tokyu connection comes under construction. Hiyoshi is going to be a very busy place!

4. Lengthened platform, new fencing and roofing at Musashi-Kousugi.

Pretty much done here. Just need to paint the lines where the trains will be stopping and take the security barrier I'm shooting over away The new platform is asphalt; the original section is concrete/tile mix... Cost savings?

More to come as I get time. If anyone has any requests, let me know. I commute over this section everyday, so it's not a problem. Also I'm on break until the 9th of January-- let me know if there's something else I should be checking out! Happy holidays!
Old December 26th, 2011, 12:56 AM   #3154
k.k.jetcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
@k.k.jetcar

Since you're from Hokkaido, let me ask you this: Have you tried riding on the Hatsune Miku train?
Honestly, I haven't even seen it. I only ride the streetcar about once every two weeks.
Old December 26th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #3155
dashenglai

Likes (Received): 0

e

Once upon a time, a sailor with his fellows sailed on the beautiful blue sea. Suddenly the sky turned dark, a fierce gale sprang up and waves of the sea got terribly high. lace wedding dress All the people on the ship were in great panic and the captain thought their voyage might offend the deity of this place simple wedding dresses so after a short discussion, mermaid wedding dresses they decide to threw the most handsome sailor into the sea to sacrifice to the deity.
dashenglai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 01:08 AM   #3156
nouveau.ukiyo

Likes (Received): 25

Here are a few pics I took this summer at Yokohama station. They were taken from a pedestrian bridge that crosses over the JR and Keikyu tracks. The last few were taken from JR Ishikawacho station, 3 stops south of Yokohama station on the Negishi Line. I don't think I ever posted them.

JR Yokosuka Line train:

JR Keihin-Tohoku/Negishi Line Train.
JR Keihin-Tohoku Line: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keihin-T%C5%8Dhoku_Line
JR Negishi Line: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negishi_Line
All Keihin-Tohoku Line trains run through on the Negishi Line; for this reason, both lines use the same color designation (blue).
Yokohama Line trains, color designated light green on top of a small dark green strip, will sometimes run through the Negishi Line during peak hours.
JR Yokohama Line: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yokohama_Line

Keihin-Tohoku Line train on the left; Yokohama Line train on the right. Both lines use the same platforms at Yokohama and Sakuragicho Stations.

The Keikyu Yokohama Station is on the left. Keikyu has distinctive red trains.

Yokohama Line train:

Keikyu train:

Last edited by nouveau.ukiyo; December 27th, 2011 at 07:51 PM.
nouveau.ukiyo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 07:27 PM   #3157
nouveau.ukiyo

Tokaido Line train:

The Tokaido Line has 4 tracks at Yokohama station; 2 inbound and 2 outbound. Special trains also operate on this tracks; I saw a chartered express train full of elementary school kids on their way to a field trip somewhere once.

A Shonan-Shinjuku Line train is on the right. It has the same color designation as the Tokaido Line, but uses the Yokosuka Line platform.

Super View Odoriko: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odoriko

Last edited by nouveau.ukiyo; December 27th, 2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old December 27th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #3158
nouveau.ukiyo

A Rapid Acty Tokaido Line train: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokaido_line

Last edited by nouveau.ukiyo; December 27th, 2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old December 27th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #3159
nouveau.ukiyo

The Narita Express stops at the Yokosuka Line platform.

Inside Yokohama Station:

Last edited by nouveau.ukiyo; December 27th, 2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old December 27th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #3160
nouveau.ukiyo

JR Ishikawacho Station:

On top of the hill is the old Italian consulate. This area, known as Yamate, is part of the old foreign concessions. Many old western buildings dot the area on and around this hill, known as 'The Bluff'. Many addresses here start with 'Bluff' followed by a number (Bluff 45, etc.). Many western foreigners and internationalized Japanese still live here today, including myself. Also close by is Yokohama Chinatown, the biggest in Japan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamate

Ishikawacho has 2 exits: Motomachi exit, which leads to the 'westernized' areas of Motomachi and Yamate and Chukagai (Chinatown) exit, which leads into Chinese Yokohama.

This tunnel links Ishikawacho Station with Yamate Station.

Last edited by nouveau.ukiyo; December 27th, 2011 at 08:31 PM.