daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 10th, 2012, 09:37 AM   #3681
krnboy1009

Likes (Received): 169

Oh goody, new trains. Whos gonna produce em, Kawasaki?
krnboy1009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #3682
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy1009 View Post
Oh goody, new trains. Whos gonna produce em, Kawasaki?
Yes, or JR East's own plant at Niitsu, in addition to Tokyu Railcar (which JR East acquired).
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #3683
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

Soil surveys begin for Kita-Ōsaka Express Line extension into Minoo City
http://www.kentsu.co.jp/webnews/html...406700041.html

Quote:
北大阪急行線延伸に向けて調査が開始される。大阪府都市整備部は、箕面市からの受託で、ルートとなる国道423号の土質調査、測量などを実施する予定。4月中に入札公告する見通し。
  これらのデータを基に、2012年度中に基本設計を作成。並行して関係者間の事業化合意を形成。また、駅前広場の整備に向けた調査や、駅周辺のまちづくり について、地権者の意向調査や整備手法の在り方検討を実施する。13年度に事業許可、施行認可を得て都市計画決定。14年度の着工を目指す。開業は18年 度が目標。
 今回発注する調査は、鉄道の線形や駅位置の基本設計、地形図の作成に必要な測量現地調査など。▽国道423号測量委託(豊中市新千里 東町1ほか)=測量、空中写真測量、路線測量、納期6カ月▽国道423号土質調査委託その1(豊中市新千里東町1ほか)=地質調査、納期4カ月▽国道 423号土質調査委託その2(箕面市船場東1ほか)=地質調査、納期4カ月▽国道423号交通量調査(豊中市新千里南町1ほか)=交通量調査、納期4カ月 -を池田土木事務所から発注する。
 計画は、北大阪急行線を千里中央駅から箕面市内のかやの中央地区まで延伸するもの。(仮称)箕面船場駅と(仮 称)新箕面駅を新設。延長は約2.5㎞。千里中央駅から箕面船場駅と新箕面駅の中間地点までを地下構造、その地点から北側を高架構造で整備する予定。これ までに算出した事業費は420億円。調査業務や鉄道基本設計で事業費の縮減を目指す考え。
 2010年度に新しく創設された地方公共団体向けの補助金・社会資本整備総合交付金を活用した鉄道整備として、全国初を目指す。交付金の活用により、事業費における国の補助率が約3割から5割に拡大する。
 延伸に合わせて大阪船場繊維卸商団地協同組合の船場地区再整備、国立循環器病研究センターの移転誘致など、地域の核となる施設構想も進んでいる。
These are soil surveys underneath National Route 423 (Shin-Midōsuji) in preparation for the ¥42 billion, 2.5 km extension of the Kita-Ōsaka Express Line (Ōsaka Municipal Subway Midōsuji Line) north from Senri Chūō into Minoo City, with two new stations at Minoo Senba and Shin-Minoo. The extension will be underground from Senri Chūō to the midpoint of Minoo Senba and Shin-Minoo, and on viaduct from there.

Based on the results, they will begin basic engineering and design of the extension this fiscal year, in tandem with studies for the future station plazas and urban planning around the new stations. Project approval and urban planning decision will come in FY2013, with groundbreaking in FY2014. Opening is scheduled for FY2018. This will aim to be the first railway project to make use of a new funding scheme enacted in FY2010 (the Social Capital Improvement Grant program), which will increase the national government’s funding share from 30 percent to 50 percent.
quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #3684
quashlo

Fukuoka City files for approval of Nanakuma Line extension
http://mainichi.jp/area/news/2012040...20011000c.html

Quote:
 福岡市は9日、市地下鉄七隈線を天神南駅からJR博多駅へ延伸する区間1・4キロの鉄道事業許可を前田武志・国土交通相に申請した。市は14年度に着工し、20年度中の開業を目指す。

計画では、七隈線を天神南駅から大型商業施設「キャナルシティ博多」付近を経由し、JR博多駅まで延伸する。中間駅は祇園町西交差点、博多駅はJR博多駅前広場の地下に建設する。総事業費は約450億円。

市地下鉄は、11年3月現在で1406億円の累積赤字を抱えるが、市は七隈線延伸や職員削減、業務委託の推進などで40年度には累積黒字化を目指す。
The second bit of news today regarding progress on subway extensions…

This is for the ¥45 billion, 1.4 km extension of the Fukuoka City Subway Nanakuma Line from Tenjin Minami to JR Hakata via Canal City Hakata. The intermediate station at Canal City Hakata will be underneath the Gionmachi Nishi intersection, while the station at Hakata will be underneath the station plaza at JR Hakata Station.

Extension map:
http://g.co/maps/2vcjd

Forecasted daily ridership on the extension is 68,000, approx. 21,000 of which will be new subway riders. Groundbreaking will come in FY2014, with an opening in FY2020.

As of March 2011, the City Subway has a cumulative deficit of ¥140.6 billion, but with the Nanakuma Line extension and personnel downsizing, the city hopes to completely pay off the entire subway, including incurred debt, by FY2040.
Old April 10th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #3685
krnboy1009

Likes (Received): 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.k.jetcar View Post
Yes, or JR East's own plant at Niitsu, in addition to Tokyu Railcar (which JR East acquired).
JR East makes their own trains?
krnboy1009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #3686
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5759

Quote:
Originally Posted by quashlo View Post
Soil surveys begin for Kita-Ōsaka Express Line extension into Minoo City
http://www.kentsu.co.jp/webnews/html...406700041.html

These are soil surveys underneath National Route 423 (Shin-Midōsuji) in preparation for the ¥42 billion, 2.5 km extension of the Kita-Ōsaka Express Line (Ōsaka Municipal Subway Midōsuji Line) north from Senri Chūō into Minoo City, with two new stations at Minoo Senba and Shin-Minoo. The extension will be underground from Senri Chūō to the midpoint of Minoo Senba and Shin-Minoo, and on viaduct from there.
So Minoo Senba will be an underground station?
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #3687
quashlo

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy1009 View Post
JR East makes their own trains?
Yes, they have one plant in Niigata (Niitsu Rolling Stock Plant), plus they now have Tōkyū’s former railcar production facility in Yokohama. So far, they’ve only specialized in production of commuter EMUs for the Tōkyō area. They still have to contract some of the work out to other manufacturers, particularly for large orders. Now that they’ve acquired Tōkyū Car, perhaps they’ll even do some Shinkansen production in-house as well.

A tour of the Niitsu Plant.
The start of the video has a quick overview of all the stock they’ve produced… In addition to JR East trains, they’ve also produced trains for private railways (Odakyū and Sōtetsu).

E233s for the Keiyō Line testing at Niitsu (2010.10.09):

Old April 11th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #3688
quashlo

New Tōkyō Metro 1000 series enters revenue service on Ginza Line

asahi.com video report of the ribbon-cutting ceremony at Asakusa (2012.04.11).
Looks like some lucky visitors from overseas got to be on the first train.

Some videos:

At Asakusa Station:

Arrival at Shibuya Station:

LCD:

Old April 12th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #3689
quashlo

Continuing with my pictures, it’s off to Nagasaki, focusing on the Nagasaki Electric Tramway, the private operator of Nagasaki’s tram network.

Bus terminal at Nagasaki Station

image hosted on flickr

Untitled by quashlo, on Flickr

Tram platforms at the station
370 series, manufactured by Nippon Sharyō in 1962.

image hosted on flickr

500 series. These were Nagasaki’s first one-man trams, manufactured by Naniwa Kōki (now Alna Sharyō) in 1966. These feature parts from old Ōsaka municipal trams.

image hosted on flickr

1200 series. These feature bogies and motors from the 600 series trams on the now defunct Nishitetsu Kita-Kyūshū Line.

image hosted on flickr

Old April 12th, 2012, 04:17 AM   #3690
quashlo

One of the newer sets, the 1800 series. These also use parts from the old Nishitetsu cars despite being relatively new (built 2000 to 2002), probably to save production costs.

image hosted on flickr

Was a bit taken by surprise, as I arrived at the height of the rush hour and got skipped by a few trams before I was able to squeeze into a Line 1 train.

At Tsukimachi Station, waiting to transfer to a Line 5 train to get to Glover Garden.
200 series, built in 1950 by Hitachi and Nippon Sharyō.

image hosted on flickr

It’s a small system (only 11.5 km), but there’s four different lines, and the service is very frequent. Combined with the sheer variety of rolling stock, Nagasaki is well-worth a visit for trainspotting.

image hosted on flickr

The trams run mostly on city streets, but roadspace is dedicated exclusively for them.

image hosted on flickr

Old April 12th, 2012, 04:17 AM   #3691
quashlo

image hosted on flickr

The sticker in the upper right corner of the windshield is for the local IC card system, Nagasaki Smart Card.

image hosted on flickr

Bunching…

image hosted on flickr

Old April 12th, 2012, 04:18 AM   #3692
quashlo

image hosted on flickr

Ishibashi Station, one of the termini for Line 5.
This 500 m section of Line 5 is sandwiched between a canal and road, so it’s only single-track.

image hosted on flickr

Notice the old-style bow collectors…

image hosted on flickr

They’ve also stuck to good old rollsigns… They haven’t made a switch to LEDs, even for the newest trams.

image hosted on flickr

Old April 12th, 2012, 04:18 AM   #3693
quashlo

image hosted on flickr

Switching back…

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Old April 12th, 2012, 04:19 AM   #3694
quashlo

image hosted on flickr

At Shōkakuji-shita, the terminus for Line 1 and Line 4

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Fare is a flat ¥120 (¥60 for kids).

image hosted on flickr

Old April 12th, 2012, 04:20 AM   #3695
quashlo

Nigiwaibashi Station

image hosted on flickr

There was a nice canal bridge and curve here for taking pictures…

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Old April 12th, 2012, 04:20 AM   #3696
quashlo

image hosted on flickr

Hamaguchimachi Station
3000 series, a super low-floor “Little Dancer” U-type manufactured by Alna Sharyō.

image hosted on flickr

This section paralleling the JR Nagasaki Main Line is the only section of the network on exclusive ROW. Apparently, before the elevation of the JR tracks, there was a crossing between JR and Nagasaki Electric Tramway here.

image hosted on flickr

Old April 12th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #3697
quashlo

I was also lucky enough to catch these (hurried) snaps of the newest train, the 5000 series. These entered service last year, and there’s currently only two of them in the fleet.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Old April 13th, 2012, 07:50 AM   #3698
quashlo

Some recent rush hour scenes from YouTube…

7:15 am, pre-rush hour bunching at Keikyū Shinagawa.
1st train: 6-car local for Shinagawa
2nd train (opposite): 8-car rapid limited express for Uraga
3rd train: 8-car local for Inba Nihon Idai on the Hokusō Line
4th train (opposite): 4-car local for Uraga
5th train: 12-car limited express for Aoto on the Keisei Main Line (the rear 4 cars are decoupled here, as the Asakusa Line can only handle 8-car trains)

Morning rush hour bunching on the Keiō Line at Meidai-mae. Far-side platform is for Shinjuku.
This is the biggest bottleneck on this line, as Keiō basically tries to funnel two mainlines (Keiō Line and Keiō Sagamihara Line) into a single double-track line east of Chōfu… Meidai-mae is a major station and transfer point with the Inokashira Line, but has only two tracks.
1st train: 10-car semi-special express for Keiō Hachiōji
2nd train (opposite): 10-car local for Shinjuku
3rd train: 8-car commuter rapid for Hashimoto on the Keiō Sagamihara Line (this is a through-servicing Toei Subway train)
4th train (opposite): 10-car express for Shinsen Shinjuku on the Toei Shinjuku Line)

Cross-platform transfers on the Tōkyū Tōyoko Line. This is the 7:57 departure from Jiyūgaoka, a commuter limited express for Shibuya. I wonder if they ever considered normalizing the train loads (just like they did for the Den’en Toshi Line) by making the stopping patterns uniform east of Jiyūgaoka. I suspect, however, that much of this will be resolved once they begin running 10-car limited-stop trains with the commencement of Fukutoshin Line through-services.

Morning rush hour at Seibu Takadanobaba Station.
Seibu Shinjuku Line, JR Yamanote Line, and JR Saikyō Line / Shōnan–Shinjuku Line run parallel here.

Morning rush hour at Neyagawa-shi Station on the Keihan Main Line.
Bit shaky, but an interesting look at Keihan’s operations. In comparison to Hankyū or JR, Keihan can seem a bit quaint at times, but it definitely pulls its weight.
1st train: ?? for Yodoyabashi
2nd train: 7-car commuter sub-express for Yodoyabashi
3rd train: 8-car commuter rapid express for Nakanoshima on the Keihan Nakanoshima Line
4th train: 7-car local for Nakanoshima

Old April 13th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #3699
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

The new Keihan white and green livery looks good on the 5000 series, but I prefer the old two tone green on everything else. No comment on the Nakanoshima colors.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #3700
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 469

I rode the new Ginza line 1000 series yesterday and took some pix... shot some video too-- but Quashlo posted first!

Anyone still want to see them?
starrwulfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote