daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 20th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #3741
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

Pretty cool live video feed of JR Akihabara Station:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/monste...85%8D%E4%BF%A1

This is taken just north of the station, should be approximately adjacent to Akihabara UDX. Mostly just Yamanote Line and Keihin‒Tōhoku Line traffic, although you should also be able to see Shinkansen trains on the very left side of the frame. The open area just to the left of the Yamanote Line and Keihin‒Tōhoku Line will be for the Tōhoku Through Line.

Thanks to Sr.Horn for the awesome find.
quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #3742
dumbfword
Habitual Line Stepper

Likes (Received): 563

Two more live stream of train stations.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hakatastation-now
Hakata Station. Shows the from/to shin-Osaka section. So tons of shinkansen trains

and
Komagome Station in Tokyo on the Yamanote Line.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/comfort-komagome

sorry if these had been posted before.
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #3743
quashlo

TOICA and manaca begin interoperability
http://mainichi.jp/select/news/20120...40222000c.html

Quote:
 ICカード乗車券のJR東海「TOICA(トイカ)」と名鉄や名古屋市営地下鉄などの「manaca(マナカ)」の相互利用が21日、スタートした。東海地方の539駅で利用が可能となり、利便性が高まった。電子マネー機能の相互利用は来春の予定。

JR名古屋駅で行われた記念セレモニーでは、甲斐正彰・国土交通省中部運輸局長らが中央改札口で「通り初め」をした。記念トイカも発行され、午前8時の発売開始時に約900人が並んだ。

トイカは06年11月に導入された。今年3月末現在で126万枚を発行。149駅で利用可能で、JRグループのほかの三つのIC乗車券と相互利用できる。

マナカは名古屋市交通局(地下鉄、市バス)と名鉄、名鉄バス、名古屋臨海高速鉄道(あおなみ線)、名古屋ガイドウェイバス(ゆとりーとライン)、豊橋鉄道の6事業所が昨年2月に導入した。3月末現在221万枚。390駅、バス1639台で利用できる。

◇乗り換えも苦なく

金山総合駅(名古屋市中区)のJR東海と名鉄の乗り換えは、トイカとマナカの両方を持っていても通過できなかったが、1枚で通れるようになった。
Interoperability between TOICA—issued by JR Central—and manaca—issued by the City of Nagoya Transportation Bureau, Nagoya Railroad (Meitetsu), Meitetsu Bus, the Nagoya Waterfront Rapid Railway (Aonami Line), the Nagoya Guideway Bus (Yutorito Line), and the Toyohashi Railroad—began on 2012.04.21. Introduced in November 2006, TOICA has a circulation of 1.26 million cards and a coverage area spanning 149 rail stations as of March 2012. In contrast, manaca was introduced in February 2011, with 2.21 million cards in circulation and a coverage area spanning 390 rail stations and 1,639 buses.

With the launch of farecard interoperability, passengers with at least one card now have access to 539 rail stations in the Tōkai region. Next major milestone is the launch of e-money interoperability next year.
Old April 26th, 2012, 08:39 PM   #3744
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62994

From the newly opened Shibuya Hikarie tower you have a good photo/video viewpoint for the Ginza Line

Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #3745
quashlo

At Shijō-mae Station, looking east towards Toyosu. Shin-Toyosu Station is just ahead.
This site is the future location of the new market to replace Tsukiji Market.

image hosted on flickr

Untitled by quashlo, on Flickr

One advantage of the area’s wider-than-typical roads is that it makes it a lot easier to put an elevated guideway down the middle.

image hosted on flickr

At Toyosu, the current terminus and an interchange with the Tōkyō Metro Yūrakuchō Line. Trains currently empty out here, but the long-term plan for the Yurikamome is to extend it north onto Harumi Island, and potentially all the way to Ginza, although the last leg north of Harumi may be replaced by a surface tram line.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Old April 26th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #3746
quashlo

The next day, I was back in Tōkyō...
A tour of the Yurikamome:

image hosted on flickr

Lots of suits…

image hosted on flickr

The Yurikamome is an AGT system, and like all of such systems in Japan, has platform doors. The Yurikamome’s are full-height doors.

image hosted on flickr

The Yurikamome is a medium-capacity system connecting the manmade islands in Tōkyō Bay (Odaiba, Ariake, and Toyosu) to the rest of Tōkyō’s rail network. The development on Odaiba is not as dense as in other parts of central Tōkyō and there’s good expressway access, but there’s a lot of retail / entertainment and tourism uses that still make the Yurikamome a popular choice.

image hosted on flickr

Old April 26th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #3747
quashlo

The line is fully automatic, and if you’re lucky, you can get a seat at the very front.

image hosted on flickr

Ariake Station
This is one of the line’s three interchanges with other lines, and is built adjacent to Kokusai Tenjijō Station on the Tōkyō Waterfront Rapid Transit Rinkai Line. This station also serves the Ariake Coliseum and Tōkyō Big Sight. Most of the stations are simple two-track, island platform designs, but the Yurikamome’s sole train yard is located near this station, so there’s three tracks at Ariake.

image hosted on flickr

Ariake Tennis no Mori Station in the distance
There’s some impressive curves and gradients on the Yurikamome.
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Old April 26th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #3748
quashlo

At Shijō-mae Station, looking east towards Toyosu. Shin-Toyosu Station is just ahead.
This site is the future location of the new market to replace Tsukiji Market.

image hosted on flickr

One advantage of the area’s wider-than-typical roads is that it makes it a lot easier to put an elevated guideway down the middle.

image hosted on flickr

At Toyosu, the current terminus and an interchange with the Tōkyō Metro Yūrakuchō Line. Trains currently empty out here, but the long-term plan for the Yurikamome is to extend it north onto Harumi Island, and potentially all the way to Ginza, although the last leg north of Harumi may be replaced by a surface tram line.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Old April 26th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #3749
quashlo

Aomi Station

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Old April 26th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #3750
quashlo

Not the standard-looking double crossover. Although the line is fully automated, there are still lineside signals.

image hosted on flickr

The Yurikamome offers some fantastic views of the bay, and some tourists take it just to get pictures from the trains, without even getting off. There are signs everywhere warning passengers to exit the station before re-boarding.

image hosted on flickr

At Shin-Toyosu Station, heading back to Shinbashi… It’s difficult to get a seat from the Shinbashi end, but much easier at the Toyosu end. The area around Toyosu Station is fairly densely-developed with a mix of residential and office towers, but Shin-Toyosu is still mostly undeveloped. Ridership should increase from the current 110,000 passengers as the rest of the waterfront area develops.

image hosted on flickr

Trains are six-cars long (54 m), most manufactured by Nippon Sharyō, but a few produced by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Tōkyū Car Company, and Niigata Transys.

image hosted on flickr

Old April 26th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #3751
quashlo

image hosted on flickr

Ariake Station

image hosted on flickr

The flyover at right leads to the train yard, located behind Tōkyō Big Sight.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Old April 26th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #3752
quashlo

Aomi Station

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Old April 26th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #3753
quashlo

image hosted on flickr

Fune no Kagakukan Station

image hosted on flickr

Train numbers figure prominently on the exterior. All the trains are mostly identical, although there are some minor variations.

image hosted on flickr

The mid-rise canyon on Odaiba

image hosted on flickr

Old April 26th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #3754
quashlo

The Yurikamome shares the Rainbow Bridge with road traffic.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

The bridge guideway has some interesting expansion joints…

image hosted on flickr

Old April 26th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #3755
quashlo

image hosted on flickr

The Yurikamome also follows the Rainbow Bridge’s spiral loop ramps at the north end.

image hosted on flickr

Shibaura Futō Station
Limited space means there’s very few places to go but up and down. The Yurikamome station platforms are already at three stories or so above street level, so this expressway viaduct is around five stories up.

image hosted on flickr

Approaching Shiodome, one of Tōkyō’s largest skyscraper clusters, built on the site of a former JR marshalling yard.

image hosted on flickr

Old April 26th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #3756
quashlo

image hosted on flickr

Shimbashi terminal

image hosted on flickr

An expensive network of elevated pedestrian bridge constructed beneath the Yurikamome viaduct connects Shiodome’s office towers..

image hosted on flickr

Old April 27th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #3757
quashlo

Dbl post
Old April 27th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #3758
quashlo

Chiba Monorail 0 series press debut

A belated set of pics from the press debut on 2012.04.17:
Source: http://rail.hobidas.com/blog/natori/

At Hagidai Train Yard
A vastly different image from the existing silver-bodied 1000 series trains. Design of the new 0 series began back in 2006 with the establishment of a special committee of experts and other representatives tasked with developing a design concept. The 0 series is nicknamed the “Urban Flyer”.

Signage and displays are LEDs, similar to the third order of 1000 series trains. The first order of 0 series trains is intended as a replacement of the first order of 1000 series trains, so these aren’t designed to be operated in 4-car (2+2) formations.

The floor of the operator’s cab features glass in the center.

All-longitudinal seating, with high backs and individual cushions (as opposed to bench-style). The logo of the new series is a moon-and-star theme, also reflected in the stanchions near the doors. Similar to the floor of the operator’s cab, the windows and doors are designed with large glass sections, which should make this an interesting train to ride. In hindsight, it definitely is somewhat reminiscent of the Keihan 3000 series.

The deck area between the two cars (trains are two-car fixed formations). Unlike standard train design in Japan, these don’t have overhead racks everywhere, only in the priority seating areas (on the left side, here). Priority seating cleverly inverts the orange-black moquettes of the regular seating. For some curious reason, passengers aren’t allowed to move between the cars except during emergencies.

Old April 27th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #3759
quashlo

No LCDs for passenger information here, only LED scrolls. Wheelchair spaces are provided at both ends of the train.

As required, these new sets feature black boxes.

Bogie
Rubber-tired monorails require two current collectors (+ and -). The disc at left is the parking brake.

A lot of thought went into the train design, even the undersides. The white stripes are intended to represent contrails.

Old April 28th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #3760
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5762

Quote:
Originally Posted by quashlo View Post
[size=3][b]

they should have done this in the passengers' cabin, too.

Or maybe not. It can get slippery and you don't want pervs getting upskirt looks.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote