daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 12th, 2012, 06:47 AM   #3941
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101788

Ah ok, then distances are not short at all.

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

_Night City Dream_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #3942
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

Shizuoka City to publish LRT implementation master plan by end of fiscal year
http://www.at-s.com/news/detail/100132797.html

Quote:
 静岡市は14日、LRT(次世代型路面電車システム)の導入基本計画案を本年度内に作成する方針を、市議会新都市拠点整備・公共交通対策調査特別委員会で示した。案にはLRT導入の採算性や、施設整備の在り方、経費案を盛り込む。
 LRT導入調査の進ちょく状況などを聞く委員の質問に、市交通政策課が説明した。計画案に対しては市民の意見も募る。市民の理解を深めるためのシンポジウムは今年秋に静岡、来年早々に清水の両地区で開く予定。
 清水地区では、まちづくりと一体となった検討組織を、市民や地元企業も交えて本年度中に設置する目標も示した。
 LRT導入の可能性にも関連し、市中心部への自動車流入抑制などを検証する江川町交差点の平面横断社会実験は今年秋、実施したい意向を示した。実現に向けては現在、周辺商業者や県警と協議中。委員が静岡鉄道社内でのLRTの検討状況をただしたのに対し、同課は「現時点、積極的に導入するという返事はまだもらえていない。ただ、関連の協議、検討は(市と)させていただいている」と答えた。

早期導入求め署名追加提出 市民の会
 静岡市内へのLRT(次世代型路面電車システム)の早期導入を目指す市民の会「LRTで結ぶ会」(事務局・清水区)の小川尚子会長らが14日、静岡市役所静岡庁舎に田辺信宏市長を訪ね、賛意を示した市民5400人分の署名簿を提出した。
 昨年末の2908人分に続く署名簿を提出した小川会長はあらためてLRTの早期導入を求めた。田辺市長は「行政も熱意を受け止めて研究を進めたい」と話した。
On 2012.06.14, Shizuoka City indicated that it plans to publish an LRT implementation master plan before the end of the fiscal year. The plan will include a financial analysis of the proposed LRT system, as well as the ideal infrastructure plan and expected operating costs. Related to the LRT project, the city also says it hopes to conduct a trial program this fall at the Egawachō intersection to test the feasibility of an at-grade crossing, including examining options such as limiting the flow of vehicular traffic entering the center of the city.

Shizuoka City potential LRT alignments:
http://goo.gl/maps/9AMZ

Egawachō intersection is the first main intersection on the blue and orange alignments leaving the current Shizutetsu terminus at Shin-Shizuoka Station.

Cab view on the Shizutetsu from Shin-Shizuoka to Shin-Shimizu, on a recently reinstituted express service (2011.10.11). Shizutetsu has put a lot of effort into recent improvements, including both the reinstituted express service and the new terminal building at Shin-Shizuoka. Hopefully, the LRT project will be the next of these improvements.

quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #3943
quashlo

Katsushika Ward petitions JR East for platform doors at Shin-Koiwa
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/region/news...7010023-n1.htm

Quote:
 東京都葛飾区の青木克徳区長は、JR新小岩駅にホームドアを設置することを求める要望書をJR東日本に提出した。

新小岩駅では平成23年7月以降、成田エクスプレスに飛び込むなどの死亡事故が1年足らずで11件も続いている。

JR東も事故の多発を重くみて、ホームの警備員を増員するなどの対応を取っているが、ホームドア設置については、「山手線の駅を優先しているため、すぐの設置は難しいと」と回答したという。
Katsushika Ward mayor Aoki Katsunori petitioned JR East to install platform doors at JR Shin-Koiwa Station on the Sōbu Main Line. There have been 11 deaths from platform falls in the last year alone. JR East said that installation would take time, though, as the platform door work on the Yamanote Line stations has priority at the moment. Apparently, they’ve stepped up platform staffing, however, in an effort to control the situation.

There were two days in particular in July 2011 where the station saw successive suicides, with a third following later in the same month. Shin-Koiwa appears to be an especially popular spot because Narita Express trains pass the rapid platforms at close to full speed (around 120 km/h), and there is little chance of “failure”. There are also probably some psychological effects going on, with new people coming to the station after hearing the news reports of other accidents. The second incident in July 2011 came one day after the first, in which a woman jumped in front of a N’EX train and was knocked clear 5 m back onto the platform and through the glass doors of a nearby Kiosk convenience store on the platform, injuring four others in the process.

This does, however, bring into question what JR East’s plans are for platform doors after the Yamanote Line… With the MLIT trying to accelerate installations at all large stations, hopefully we’ll see some of these hot-spots taken out quickly. The Sōbu Rapid Line trains that stop at Shin-Koiwa are all E217 series trains in 11- and 15-car formations, so the door positions are all uniform. The biggest obstacle in this particular case appears to be just cost-related.
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #3944
quashlo

Tōkyō Metro participation in Saitama Railway extension unlikely
http://www.tokyo-np.co.jp/article/sa...402000150.html

Quote:
 埼玉高速鉄道(SR)の浦和美園駅(さいたま市緑区)と東武野田線の岩槻駅(同岩槻区)を結ぶ地下鉄7号線延伸計画で、採算性向上のため事業主体に「東京メトロ」が加わることについて、メトロの大株主の国が市側に「難しい」と回答していたことが13日、さいたま市議会で明らかになった。計画では、メトロの参画で黒字転換が13年早まるとの想定も示されていたが、事実上、参画による採算性向上の道は閉ざされた形だ。 (前田朋子)

同日の本会議で、吉田一志氏(公明)の一般質問に答えた。

市によると、市の担当者が同席し、岩槻区自治会連合会などが五月、国土交通省に延伸を求めた陳情の席上、口頭で示された。同省側は「東日本大震災の復興財源に充てるため株式売却を予定しており、参画は困難」と回答したという。

清水勇人市長は「まちづくりなどで沿線地域の魅力を高めることが重要」と答弁し、他の方策を組み合わせて採算性向上を図る姿勢を示した。

東京メトロ広報部は「(事業主体参画の)話をうかがっておらず、コメントできない」としている。

地下鉄7号線延伸をめぐっては、有識者による検討委員会が二月、累積での黒字転換が開業から四十四年後になる可能性を指摘。浦和美園駅周辺の開発進展や運賃値下げ、快速運転などさまざまなケースを想定して試算したところ、SRとメトロが共同事業主体になった場合は三十一年で黒字転換できる、としていた。
In response to a petition by Saitama City officials for Tōkyō Metro participation in the proposed extension of Subway Line 7 from Urawa Misono Station (Midori Ward, Saitama City) on the Saitama Railway (SR) to Iwatsuki Station (Iwatsuki Ward, Saitama City) on the Tōbu Noda Line, on 2012.06.13 the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT)—acting on behalf of the national government, the majority shareholder in Tōkyō Metro—responded that Metro participation in the project would be “difficult”. Studies indicated that the participation of Tōkyō Metro in the project would accelerate the complete payoff of construction costs associated with the extension by 13 years, but the MLIT’s response means that the city will have to find another way to improve the financial outlook of the proposed extension. Apparently, the MLIT representatives said that the funds generated from the sale of Tōkyō Metro stock are intended to be allocated towards earthquake reconstruction funds.

This appears to be one of the more active of the proposed extensions in the Tōkyō area, although the study released earlier this year in February indicated that some additional value engineering may be needed to ensure the extension pencils out.
Old July 12th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #3945
quashlo

Chiba Monorail 0 series “Urban Flyer” enters revenue service

The new 0 series “Urban Flyer” debuted on the Chiba Monorail on 2012.07.08.

Some scenes on opening day:

Some pics:
Source: http://joe123.cocolog-nifty.com/

Interior:
Source: http://wasawo.cocolog-nifty.com/

Old July 13th, 2012, 07:47 AM   #3946
quashlo

Hanshin Mikage Station renovation update

Mikage Station on the Hanshin Main Line is a semi-major station with four elevated tracks (two island platforms), with both through-service limited expresses and limited expresses stopping. Approx. ¥300 million in renovations kicked off in FY2010, including relocation of the faregate entrance to the second level, implementation of accessibility improvements (new escalators and elevators), construction to raise the platform height, installation of gap fillers to eliminate gaps between the train floor and platforms, and construction of a new elevated pedestrian skybridge connecting to the adjacent Mikage Classe mixed-use project. As is standard for these types of upgrade projects, the national and local governments are responsible for two-thirds of the project cost.

Some pics from earlier this year (2012.04), after the upgrages were completed:
Source: http://saitoshika.blog119.fc2.com/

Faregate entrance has been moved to the second level of the station.

Five-gate array, with one IC-only gate.

Paid area of the station. The ceiling height is low because this is all beneath the existing viaduct.

New departure boards for Kōbe, Akashi, and Himeji (left) and Amagasaki, Ōsaka (Umeda, Namba), and Nara (right).

There’s not much that can be done for the pencil-thin platforms and daunting curves, but they’ve installed gap fillers to bridge the gap between platform and train floor. The canopy columns have also been repainted, and the platform resurfaced.

Old July 13th, 2012, 07:48 AM   #3947
quashlo

Kishibe Station construction updates

Some recent shots (2012.06) of the new elevated concourse and public passage at Kishibe Station on the JR Kyōto Line. The elevated concourse debuted to the public on 2012.03.17.

The new North Exit station plaza

A simple but clean design. The canopy is supposed to be reminiscent of the Senri Hills.

The station and public passage are completely barrier-free.

The North Exit of the station features this small pedestrian path running parallel alongside the freight tracks.

The new north-south public passage, 110 m long and 6 m wide, connecting the new elevated station concourse and new North Exit of the station. Very nicely done, especially given that many JR West station upgrades tend to be fairly rudimentary in design.

Old July 13th, 2012, 07:48 AM   #3948
quashlo

The new Suita Freight Terminal, built on the site of the former Suita Switchyard, will absorb some of the functions of the Umeda Freight Terminal, which will eventually be decommissioned as part of large-scale urban redevelopment around Ōsaka / Umeda Station.

Looking west towards Ōsaka.

Platforms 1 and 2 for Shin-Ōsaka, Ōsaka, and Sannomiya, and Platforms 3 and 4 for Takatsuki and Kyōto. Technically, only locals stop at the station, though, with rapids and special rapids skipping.

Appears they went all out with the lighting on the platform level, including illuminated escalator handrails and embedded ceiling lighting.

Old July 13th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #3949
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
There’s not much that can be done for the pencil-thin platforms and daunting curves, but they’ve installed gap fillers to bridge the gap between platform and train floor. The canopy columns have also been repainted, and the platform resurfaced.
Indeed, the curve is quite sharp on the up end (towards Umeda), and I've always been taken aback by the close clearances and gaps present in the platform area (I like to ride the blue & cream 5000 series jet cars on this line). I'm glad they have kept many of the original details and structures of the platforms (such as the latticework on the down side platform canopy) rather than replacing it with a soulless generic design Tokyo-style.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #3950
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 469

Super-duper Tōkyō Metro Fukutoshin/Tokyū Tōyoko line construction update

Since I haven't posted in a while..., I'll consolidate all my news here.

The platform doors on the Tokyo Metro side of the platforms at Wakō-shi station (tracks 2 and 3) are operating now, and they've replaced the "alarm clock" departure chime with musical ones similar to the Fukutoshin line's chimes.

Tokyo Metro also now goes one-man between Wako-shi and Kotake-Mukaihara. Fukutoshin line stations all have platform doors, so they're conductor-less all the way to Shibuya; Yurakucho line trains still need one.... for now-- they're on the final stretch of installs.

Also of note, I noticed that the northern slip tunnel that will take trains from the Fukutoshin inbound platform up to the Yurakucho line level of the bi-level-quad-track tunnel is nearly finished. Here's some video--and I'm convinced every millimeter of Japan's rail system is on YouTube!

This will allow trains coming in off the Wakoshi-Kotake-Mukaihara track to become Yurakucho-line trains without using the crossover--and yes-- the opposite outbound side is getting worked on too... In this way, trains can simutaneously come in and leave heading any direction without delay--making for faster headway and more trains. Something that'll be needed when the Tokyu Toyoko line is connected in March 2013.

Yep, that's the official word from several Tokyu staffers--including the friendly Hiyoshi Station manager. Well considering they've got their hands full having to totally rennovate Daikanyama, Naka-Meguro, and Jyuu ga Oka stations, build, test, and train on new railcars and railcars from other companies, and not to mention upgrade their own rolling stock for TASC and ATO in the subwayI'll forgive them

a Yokohama Rapid Railway Minato Mirai train (really a Tokyu 5000 series in different livery) heads to J-TREC (nee Tokyu Car) to get its upgrades!

At Fukutoshin Shibuya station, the switchover to separate platforms went off without much of a hitch. They're still using the outside platforms though, so it's VERY important to check the new departure boards to see what train will leave towards Shinjuku 3-chome and beyond. This is temporary though-- they threw up white temporary walls everywhere, and now they're working on the middle tracks... But one big wall came down 3 days ago...

looking towards Harajuku

looking towards Daikanyama

If you look in the distance, you can see the tunnel entrance that heads to Daikanyama! Today, I saw an ARMY of workers in the tunnel toiling away. (security guy said something about not being able to take pictures of the construction... I was too tired to argue-- but I'll get a good photo later.)

Sorry I haven't updated in a while-- I'm busy as ever this time of year. Also I'll be back in the US visiting my family in Atlanta and St Louis for a month. I may post things about Atlanta's new streetcar project and St Louis' Metro light rail system in their respective forums-- keep an eye on my signature or just PM me to check it out. Of course I'll have an eye on this thread as always!
starrwulfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #3951
quashlo

Nice, I was kind of hoping they'd open it a little earlier, but I guess this time they're playing it by the books when they say "end of fiscal 2012".
Old July 13th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #3952
quashlo

Potential new station on Keiyō Line resurfaces
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/e-japan/chi...OYT8T01429.htm

Quote:
 JR京葉線の海浜幕張―新習志野間にかねてからある新駅構想が、イオンのショッピングモール進出で現実味を帯びてきた。20年来休止状態だった が、年間2500万人の集客を見込む巨大モールが完成すれば相当数の乗降客が見込まれるため、千葉市や同社などは実現へ働きかけを強める考え。地元が求め る「請願駅」となるだけに、今後の機運の高まりがカギになりそうだ。

「ぜひ作ってもらいたいし、そのつもりで図面を作っている。請願駅なので皆さんに絶対必要と言ってもらうのが一番だ」

イオンモールの岡崎双一社長は5日、都内で開いた「イオンモール幕張新都心」(仮称)の記者発表会で新駅構想について問われ、そう力を込めた。

実際、同社が示した図面では、京葉線の線路沿いに建つ駐車場棟と温泉施設棟の間にロータリーが描かれている。将来、ここに駅が設けられる前提での計画になっているのだ。

県企業庁によると、かねて地元に新駅を求める声はあり、1994年に周辺企業4社による期成同盟の準備会が発足。だがバブル崩壊とその後の経済情勢を受け、休止状態になった。JR東日本は「今のところ計画はまったくない」としている。

一方、市は92年に都市計画決定した駅前広場(ロータリー)などの計画を変えておらず、2007年策定の総合交通ビジョンでも「(周辺の)拡大地区の将来計画と連動し、新駅の設置を促進する」と明記している。熊谷俊人市長は「市にとって長年の悲願。イオンの進出で現実味が出てきた。人の出入りが生まれれば(JR側と)話がしやすい」と歓迎する。

今後は、20年前の試算で40億円程度とされた建設費を誰がどう負担するかなどが焦点になりそうだ。ちなみに、海浜幕張―新習志野間の距離は3・4キロで、県内の京葉線で最も短い稲毛海岸―検見川浜間(1・6キロ)の2倍の長さがある。
The proposal for a new station on the JR Keiyō Line between Kaihin Makuhari and Shin-Narashino, on ice for the last 20 years, has resurfaced with news that Aeon is looking into constructing a new shopping center (Aeon Mall Makuhari Shin-Toshin, 213,000 gross sq m) expected to attract 25 million annual visitors. Chiba City and Aeon now plan to lobby to get the station built as a “petition station”.

The first push for a new station came in 1994 when four corporations in the vicinity of the site banded together to lobby for establishment of the station, but those plans were shelved when the bubble burst. JR East currently has no plans for a new station at that location, and the original Chiba City plans, including the proposed station plaza and rotary approved in 1992, remain unchanged, between a future parking structure and hot springs facility for the mall. The cost of the new station was estimated at ¥4 billion in the original plan 20 years ago.

The Kaihin Makuhari – Shin-Narashino section (3.4 km) of the Keiyō Line is the longest interstation distance on the Keiyō Line in Chiba Prefecture, and more than twice the second longest, the Inage Kaigan – Kemigawahama section (1.6 km). Hopefully this will also spur development on the western half of Makuhari, as currently most everything there is on the east half, closer to Kaihin Makuhari.

Google Map:
http://goo.gl/maps/0FCE

Cab view on the E331 series between Minami-Funabashi and Kaihin Makuhari.
I believe the new station will be on the south side of the Makuhari Rolling Stock Center, which pops in around 2:45 into the video. Also got some nice views of the Makuhari skyline coming into Kaihin Makuhari. Not bad for a new town.

Old July 14th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #3953
robhood

Likes (Received): 3408

robhood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #3954
quashlo

Construction timeline for Keikyū Daishi Line undergrounding may be extended
http://news.kanaloco.jp/localnews/article/1206290006/

Quote:
 都市計画決定から20年近くが経過した京浜急行大師線連続立体交差事業について、川崎市は28日の市議会本会議で、2015年度の事業認可期間内の完成は困難との見通しを明らかにした。その上で、市は渋滞解消などの意義を強調し、事業認可期間の延長を検討する方針を示した。飯塚正良氏(民主党)の一般質問に答えた。

同事業は、同線のほぼ全線を地下化する計画。京急川崎駅から小島新田駅までの14カ所の踏切を連続的になくし、交通渋滞を解消するなど地域の一体化を促進する目的で、1993年に都市計画決定した。現在、1期区間(小島新田―川崎大師)のうち、小島新田―東門前を「段階的整備区間」と位置付け、先行的に地下化を進めている。

事業の見通しについて、市側は「全線を事業認可期間内に完成させることは困難な状況にある」との見通しを示した。14年度中の完成を目指している段階的整備区間については「工程などの見直しが課題となっている。秋ごろをめどに京急と全体工程を精査していく」と説明。事業認可期間の延長に関しては「今後、事業認可権者の県などと協議していきたい」とした。

同事業のうち2期区間は、川崎縦貫道路とともに建設し新たな川崎駅として市営地下鉄(川崎縦貫高速鉄道)に接続する計画。しかし、地下鉄整備が具体化していないことなどから、有識者らによる検討委員会が08年、「着工は当分困難な状況」との検討結果を出している。

飯塚氏は、再編整備が進む富士見周辺地区などが、都市計画法の制限を受ける2期区間の区域内にある点を指摘。「当面、着工の計画の立たない2期計画を見直し、現実的立場に立ったまちづくりを進めるべきだ」と述べた。

齋藤力良副市長は、羽田空港と近接する地理的優位性など川崎が持つ潜在能力を生かす必要性を強調。「将来のまちづくりという観点から、都市機能の強化につながる重要な事業と認識している」と答弁し、引き続き事業を推進していく姿勢を示した。 
In regards to the ongoing continuous grade-separation (undergrounding) of the Keikyū Daishi Line, which is approaching 20 years since urban planning approvals, Kawasaki City announced on 2012.06.28 that the project may not be completed before the original target date of FY2015. Stressing the importance of the line in relieving congestion at grade crossings, the city intends to extend the approved project timeline.

The goal of the project is to fully underground most of the Daishi Line, a small branch line of the Keikyū network connecting Keikyū Kawasaki and Kojima Shinden. The project, which received urban planning approvals in 1993, will remove the 14 grade crossings on the line. Work on the initial segment of Phase 1 (Kojima Shinden – Kawasaki Daishi) between Kojima Shinden and Higashi-Monzen has been underway for some time already. The initial segment is supposed to be completed sometime in FY2014, but there have been various modifications to the construction sequence, meaning that the initial segment is unlikely to be finished before the target date. The city will work with Keikyū this fall to re-examine the construction plans.

Phase 2 is supposed to be constructed together with the Cross-Kawasaki Roadway and connect to the future Kawasaki City Subway (Cross-Kawasaki Rapid Railway) at JR Kawasaki Station. As the Kawasaki City Subway has yet to really kick off, however, work on Phase 2 has yet to begin. There appears to be some disagreement over Phase 2, with one of the City Council representatives calling for a complete re-evaluation of Phase 2 of the project, while the Vice-Mayor believes the project is beneficial for connecting Kawasaki’s urban functions and allowing the city to tap latent potential and exercise its geographic advantage close to Haneda Airport.
Old July 15th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #3955
quashlo

JR Ōsaka Station platform construction updates

Work is proceeding to install glass canopies towards the middle of JR Ōsaka Station. To recap, the original design called for completely removing the existing canopies, but observations found that drizzle was still getting in through the sides of the station canopies, so JR West is installing all new transparent glass canopies to keep passengers waiting in these sections of the platforms dry.

A recent (2012.06) tour of the ongoing transformation:

I haven’t updated in a while, so the change has been pretty dramatic… Approximately half of Platform 3-6 and 80% of Platforms 7-9 will feature the glass canopies when complete.

The glass looks to be a little dirty, perhaps because of the Yellow Dust in April and May.

This is Platforms 3 and 4, where the work is closest to completion.

I think the original design was to have all the departure boards, signage, and lighting supported from underneath, but with the decision to use glass canopies instead, I suppose they decided to just retain the existing steel support frames in these sections, but repainted gray.

This section is likely to stay, as it’s supporting the departure board and they’ve already installed some false paneling down the center to hide the cables. I never noticed, but JR Ōsaka Station must have some of the largest platform departure boards in Japan, with 5 rows total. I suppose they need it with the variety of services.

New lighting, supported directly off the canopy columns. I believe the row just to the left is the old lighting system?

Looks like incandescent lamps from a distance, but a closer look at the manufacturer’s stamp reveals that these are LED lamps.

Moving further down the platform to the ends, where the canopy switches to the “translucent membrane” design. These louvered panels hide all the wiring (I don’t think that wad of cables down the center is permanent… )

The completed sections actually look pretty nice, and let a lot of light down onto the platform.

Old July 15th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #3956
quashlo

Next, the Ōsaka Loop Line platforms (Platforms 1-2):

They did a simple renovation here by installing a false ceiling underneath the existing canopy, but it turned out fabulous.

Since this is just a false ceiling, the actual vertical clearance on the platform has been reduced by 30 cm or so, but I’d say it’s a good trade.

Similar paneling will be installed along the side adjacent to the South Gate Building.

Closer to the new elevated concourse and platform bridge, they were able to completely remove the existing platform canopy and support frames, although these new giant box girders were installed to brace the columns supporting the station canopy.

Moving east along the platform, closer to the Midōsuji Exit.

Old July 15th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #3957
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
They did a simple renovation here by installing a false ceiling underneath the existing canopy, but it turned out fabulous.
Yes, quite. IMO JR West has a good aesthetic sense in their recent platform canopy renovation/replacement- minimalist but with a touch of style or nod to Japanese design traditions, as in Himeji or Nara Stations.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 06:33 AM   #3958
quashlo

Shin-Ōsaka Station Ōsaka Higashi Line construction update

Some pics of the new platform going into Shin-Ōsaka Station as part of the extension of the Ōsaka Higashi Line from Hanaten (2012.06):

The initial segment of the Ōsaka Higashi Line between Kyūhōji and Hanaten opened in March 2008, and work is proceeding on the zairaisen tracks at Shin-Ōsaka Station as part of the extension of the line past Hanaten. They’ve already begun laying the two new tracks to serve the new island platform.

The view from the existing Platforms 17 and 18. Canopy is complete, and with the trackwork beginning, things are really starting to take shape.

The area underneath the third-floor zairaisen concourse.

Work in this section closer to the Kyōto end is proceeding a little slower… This is the part where they appear to be expanding the zairaisen concourse above.

At the Kyōto end, they are beginning to put down the ballast. If I remember correctly, this new platform is probably to allow them to shift the Ōsaka-bound platforms (Platforms 15 / 16 for JR Kōbe Line / JR Takarazuka Line and Platforms 17 / 18 for limited expresses) one over. The Ōsaka Higashi Line will then get the current Platforms 15 / 16, which would facilitate through-service and cross-platform transfers. Judging by how fast the work is proceeding, it may not be long before we see the new platform and tracks in service, which will allow them to temporarily decommission the existing Platforms 17 / 18 for renovation as needed.

Old July 16th, 2012, 06:33 AM   #3959
quashlo

Hanshin Sannomiya Station construction update

A recent tour of the newly-opened East Exit and ongoing upgrades at Hanshin Sannomiya Station in Kōbe (2012.06):

We already had a few pictures from when the East Exit opened in March, so I’ll just skip through most of these without comment…

Down at platform level, there have been some changes, the biggest being the track switchout on 2012.06.02. The previous track layout for Hanshin Sannomiya had the pocket track on Track #3 on the south side, with the outbound / westbound (for Suma, Akashi, Himeji) trains on Track #2 and inbound / eastbound (for Umeda) on Track #1. The Hanshin Namba Line trains would use Track #3 as they usually needed to turn back at Sannomiya. Needless to say, this was not an ideal layout, but the switchout in June resolved all this, and outbound trains now use the southernmost track, Track #3, while the Namba Line trains turning back at Sannomiya use Track #2. It’s currently not a pocket track yet, but will be once they finish the work at the west end of the station.

The very east end of the station is off-limits, as they’re still doing some work here.

The existing platform sections at the west end… This should be getting the renovation treatment, although it’ll be interesting to see the final design, as they want to preserve the historic ceiling arches.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #3960
quashlo

Sendai Subway Tōzai Line construction update

A belated construction tour of one of the under-the-radar projects, the new Tōzai Line in Subway (2012.02.02). Not great quality, but it’s difficult to find any pictures of this project at all, so beggars can’t be choosers.
Source: http://yakisakenokawa.blogspot.com/

The tour was of the segment up in the hilly terrain west of the city… I believe this is close to the proposed western terminus of the line.

Freshly-bored tunnel. The actual concrete walls of the tunnel will come later.

Entering one of the stations.

Platforms
This will be a relatively small line (only four-car mini-subway linear-motor trains).

The upper chord of the tunnel.