daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 16th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #4061
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
Regarding the Sotetsu-Tokyu link. I guess I did not realize about the extension of the Meguro line (effectively four-tracking of the Toyoko line) as far as Hiyoshi. You are right, it all really makes sense once you look at the whole picture.

The one service that will probably see significant cuts is the current Sotetsu line between Yokohama and Nishiya. But there's really no need for Sotetsu riders who are bound for Tokyo to have to go through Yokohama.
On the Sotetsu side, there are 2 lines that split at Futamatagawa-- the Main line to Ebina and the Izumino line to Shonandai. It's possible to make most trains from Shonandai run on the Sotetsu-Toyoko link. Sotetsu may then investigate quad-tracking the line between Nishiya and Futamatagawa by double-decking since the ROW is cramped there.

Sotetsu then becomes a + shaped system, and can actually increase throughput on both lines!

Someone else in a Japanese railway forum on 2CH also mentioned the possibility of Tokyu buying Sotetesu once. Both the train and bus systems complement each other well enough, and the other business sectors like retail and travel would work as well... It could be like Osaka's Hankyu/Hanshin holding group theoretically.
starrwulfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #4062
Gag Halfrunt

Likes (Received): 27

Hiroden has always been a private company, not a branch of the city government. I think that private railways in Japan can get partial public funding for infrastructure projects, but otherwise they're on their own.

Unlike bigger private railways like Hankyu or Tokyu, Hiroden don't own lots of real estate, shopping malls, department stores, baseball teams, etc. They do have some modern LRVs, including the Green Mover Max, the first low floor tram made in Japan, but they've never had a huge amout of money to spend on modernisation. Many of their trams were bought secondhand from other networks that closed down during the 1960s and 1970s.
Gag Halfrunt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #4063
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrwulfe View Post
Then it goes into how trains can make the trip from the northwestern Saitama 'burbs via the Fukutoshin line via Jyūgaoka and get to Haneda in much less time-- sounding like they may go directly to Haneda--no transfers anywhere.
I think you might be reading too much into the text. This is the source sentence:

Quote:
自由が丘駅から羽田空港へのアクセス時間は十八分、練馬や川越駅からは六~五分短縮される。
There is nothing in this sentence that implies through-service and one-seat rides, and it's not even referring specifically to the trains, only that the travel time (アクセス時間) for people coming from Jiyūgaoka, Nerima, and Kawagoe will be "reduced by xx minutes".

The only sentence in the article that could be construed as indicating a possible through-service is this one, and it's still quite ambiguous as written:

Quote:
蒲蒲線が実現すれば、池袋、渋谷駅と羽田空港が東急線などを経由して直結される。
Anyways, if I remember correctly, the cross-platform transfer would be accomplished by building new underground platforms beneath the existing Tōkyū Kamata Station, so it's basically what you said.
quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 01:23 AM   #4064
quashlo

Completion of Keikyū Kamata Station elevation works will bring service improvements on October 21
http://news.kanaloco.jp/localnews/article/1209220020/

Quote:
京浜急行電鉄は、横浜方面と成田空港駅間の所要時間を短縮する。10月21日のダイヤ改正では京成電鉄と連携し、利便性を高めることで海外や全国各地か ら訪れる観光客らを受け入れる。成田空港と羽田空港間も所要時間を短縮。横浜方面や品川・都心方面と羽田空港間の「エアポート急行」や「快特」の運転本数 を倍増する。

成田空港では国内線LCC(格安航空会社)が就航しており、航空運賃の安さからさらなる利用増が見込まれている。成田空港から横浜駅まで京成電鉄と京急電鉄を乗り継ぐ場合は、従来115分のところダイヤ改正後は最速100分となり、最大15分の短縮となる。

JR東日本の特急「成田エクスプレス」は成田空港-横浜間を約90分で結ぶが、特急料金を含めて3980円。京急電鉄は運賃が1630円で済むことをアピールしており、広報担当者は「料金に敏感なLCC利用者にとって、京急電鉄が選択肢になる」と話す。

一方、羽田空港は2013年度内に年間発着枠が44万7千回に拡大。同年春からは交通系ICカードの全国相互利用サービスが始まる。成田空港と羽田空港間の乗客の利用増が見込まれるとして、京急蒲田駅を通過するなど停車駅を減らして所要時間を最大15分短縮する。

併せて、10月のダイヤ改正で横浜方面と羽田空港間の「エアポート急行」の運転本数を倍増。品川・都心方面と羽田空港間の「快特」も倍増する。いずれも10分間隔の運転になる。

京急電鉄は、アジアなど海外や全国各地からの観光客が都心や横浜方面に向かう際や、沿線住民らが両空港に向かう際の利用を促していく考えだ。21日に は、京急線品川駅構内で台湾観光をPRするイベントを開催。羽田空港は台北・松山空港と、成田空港は桃園空港、高雄空港と、いずれも一直線で結ばれている ことをアピールしていた。
A few major notes on the service changes:
  • The number of rapid limited expresses (快特) connecting Haneda Airport with Shinagawa and central Tōkyō will be doubled, running every 10 minutes, with a reduced travel time.
  • The number of Airport expresses (エアポート急行) connecting Haneda Airport with the Yokohama area will be doubled, running every 10 minutes, with reduced travel time.
  • Increased number of direct-service trains to Haneda Airport during the morning rush hour:
    Service from Shinagawa / Central Tōkyō: 6 tph → 9 tph
    Service from Yokohama area: 3 tph → 6 tph
  • Travel time for Narita Airport ↔ Haneda Airport and Yokohama ↔ Narita Airport trips will be reduced by as much as 15 minutes. Travel time between Narita and Haneda on midday Access limited expresses (アクセス特急) will be reduced by as much as 10 minutes to 94 minutes.
  • Keisei Skyliner services departing Narita Airport during the 14:00, 15:00, and 16:00 hours will increase from 6 trains to 9 trains.
Overall, good news as Narita begins a new life as an LCC hub and Haneda continues to expand as an international hub.
Old October 17th, 2012, 02:31 AM   #4065
quashlo

Japanese ODA to fund Da Nang metro system
http://www.viet-jo.com/news/social/121012110309.html

Quote:
 中部ダナン市建設局のファム・ベト・フン局長はこのほど、「2030年までのダナン市建設計画と2050年までのビジョン」の中に、地下鉄の建設計画が盛り込まれていることを明らかにした。9日付VNエクスプレスが報じた。

それによると、ダナン市の地下鉄はハイチャウ区フンブオン通りにあるチュンブオン劇場前に建設予定の駅を主要ターミナル駅とし、同市南部のリエンチエウ区までを結ぶ、約10キロの地下鉄路線を建設する計画。同市初となる地下駐車場の建設が進んでいる3月29日公園にも駅を建設する予定。

フン局長によると、地下鉄の建設費用には日本の政府開発援助(ODA)資金を充てる方針。同氏は、地下鉄の開通により、同市の交通渋滞緩和が期待されると述べた。
Old October 17th, 2012, 03:29 AM   #4066
orulz

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gag Halfrunt View Post
Hiroden has always been a private company, not a branch of the city government. I think that private railways in Japan can get partial public funding for infrastructure projects, but otherwise they're on their own.

Unlike bigger private railways like Hankyu or Tokyu, Hiroden don't own lots of real estate, shopping malls, department stores, baseball teams, etc. They do have some modern LRVs, including the Green Mover Max, the first low floor tram made in Japan, but they've never had a huge amout of money to spend on modernisation. Many of their trams were bought secondhand from other networks that closed down during the 1960s and 1970s.
Good point about Hiroden being private. But as you mention, public funding is available for infrastructure projects, and I have a hard time thinking of what would be a better low hanging fruit for what limited public money is available than signal priority on the Hiroden lines.
orulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #4067
quashlo

Ōsaka City, Prefecture to begin planning studies for JR Sakurajima Line extension
http://www.kentsu.co.jp/webnews/html...005700048.html

Quote:
 大阪府市統合本部はJR桜島線延伸構想について、10月から需要分析や、基本ルートの検討などを開始する予定だ。これらの結果を基に、2013年度は延伸事業計画の検討、関係者の役割分担、新たな整備スキーム検討などを行う計画。
 同構想は、現在、桜島線(ゆめ咲線)の終点となっている桜島駅からニュートラムのトレードセンター前駅までの約4㌔を延伸するもの。このうち、約3㌔を地下構造で見込む。実現すれば、咲洲と都心を約20分で直結するとしている。
 桜島線の延伸計画は、1994年に当時の西尾正也大阪市長が大阪オリンピック招致構想のアクセスとして検討。オリンピックの招致断念とともに計画も立ち切れとなったが、橋下徹大阪市長が大阪府知事時代に再び提唱。府市統合本部の設置とともに、本格議論することになった。
 咲洲地区を大阪への海の玄関口とし、環境・新エネルギー産業誘致や国際観光エンターテインメント立地を目指すためには、欠かせないアクセスとしている。
 今後、利用需要を喚起し、事業費の確保などで、新たな整備スキームを構築。事業成立条件が整備されれば、2025年度の事業化を目指す。
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #4068
quashlo

Obstacles remain in proposed extension of Toei Ōedo Line into Niiza City
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/region/news...2460001-n1.htm

Quote:
 7月の市長選で6選を果たした埼玉県新座市の須田健治市長は、地下鉄12号線(都営大江戸線)の市内への延伸実現を強く打ち出している。建設準備費として今月の市議会には3億円の積立金を盛り込んだ補正予算案を提出。やり残した仕事に筋道を付けるべく動き出したが、都県境には、都営地下鉄が越えるには高すぎる見えない“壁”が立ちはだかっているようだ。(市岡豊大)

■新駅は「庭園」に

「駅前に降り立つと、思わず『すごいな』と言ってしまうような大きな庭園を作るんです」

新座市馬場の田園地帯に計画する「新座中央駅」(仮称)について、須田市長はこんな構想を持っている。駅前からは、うっそうと雑木林が茂る平林寺やホタルが見られる野火止用水など、市内の名所をめぐる遊歩道を整備するという。広大な市街化調整区域を生かし、周辺には水族館や大学、地下鉄の車両基地も想定する。

須田市長が重視するのは駅周辺の魅力づくり。都内から訪れる人をどれだけ見込めるかが、延伸の「絶対条件」(須田市長)だ。

市は、新座中央駅までの延伸にかかる総建設費350億円のうち市の負担金を58億円と試算しており、まずは3億円を建設基金に積み立てる。須田市長は「将来的には税収増が必要不可欠。そのためには選ばれる街にしないと」と訴える。

■都県境の壁

鉄道の整備計画は国の交通政策審議会が15年に1回行う答申で方向性が示される。地下鉄12号線については平成12年、現在終着駅の光が丘駅から大泉学園町駅(東京都練馬区)までが「整備着手が適当」とされた。次の27年の答申でさらに「新座市方面」が整備路線に位置付けられるかが焦点となる。

大泉学園町から新座中央の間はわずか約2・7キロだが、ここには都県境の見えない壁が立ちはだかる。東京都が経営する地下鉄を埼玉県内に伸ばすには、都側の全面的な理解が必要だからだ。国土交通省の担当者は「都営線が走るのは基本的に都内。後は自治体間の協議次第」と話す。

東京都は大泉学園町までの延伸計画について検討を進めているが、その先については「白紙状態」という。担当者は「沿線の需要が十分にあるのか、事業主体はどこが担うかなど総合的な判断が必要。まだ前提の延伸計画が完成しておらず、協議すら始められない」とあくまで慎重姿勢だ。

■温度差どうする

都側の冷ややかな視線に対し、新駅予定地周辺ではおおむね歓迎ムードだ。近くに住む男性(40)は「どこへ行くにも中途半端な場所なので、地下鉄ができれば安心」。農業の女性(72)も「もう農業では食っていけない時代。農家も反対する人はいないのでは」と話す。

商工関係者はより切実だ。大型店舗やチェーン店に押されて市内の中小業者は廃業が後を絶たないといい、新座市商工会の山野辺範一事務局長は「にぎわい作りの起爆剤になる」と期待を寄せる。

延伸を期待する人々の中には、須田市長の全国市長会長当選に期待を示す向きもあるようだ。現在副会長を務める須田市長は、来年6月に予定される会長選に出馬する意向だ。ある市関係者は「国への圧力になることも考えての出馬ではないか」とささやく。

新座市の将来を左右する地下鉄延伸問題。東京都との温度差をいかに乗り越えるか、須田市長の手腕が問われる。

新座市が延伸を計画する地下鉄新駅の予定地周辺。畑が広がるのどかな田園地域だ=8月22日、同市馬場
Some interesting news on a project that I’ve never seen mentioned in the news before…
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #4069
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5762

Wow, lots of posts over the past several days.

So...did construction on anything new begin over the last four months or however long it's been since the last large batch of posts?
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #4070
quashlo

Hiroshima Prefecture, City may downsize scope of JR San’yō Line, Kure Line continuous grade separation
http://www.chugoku-np.co.jp/News/Tn201210100046.html

Quote:
 広島市東部と広島県府中、海田両町を通るJR山陽線、呉線を高架にする連続立体交差事業(6・3キロ)で、事業主体の県と市が高架区間の短縮を検討していることが9日、分かった。財政難から市が一部の高架を断念し、隣接する海田町で県が事業を中止する可能性が出ている。1999年に都市計画決定された事業は大きな転換点を迎えた。

県の岩佐哲也都市技術審議官は9日、海田町役場を訪れ、山岡寛次町長と面会。高架区間の短縮を検討していると説明し、「事業をしない場合のまちづくりについて町の意見を聞いて整理したい」と理解を求めたという。

事業は渋滞や線路による市街地分断の解消を図るのが狙い。計画では南区と安芸区の1・9キロ、府中町の1・1キロ、海田町の3・3キロの線路を高架にする。総事業費は960億円。県220億円、市160億円、府中町25億円、海田町49億円、JR西日本55億円をそれぞれ負担。残りを国が補助する。

昨年度末の用地買収率は府中、海田両町を担当する県で9割以上、市で6割以上。当初の完成目標は2015年度だったが、財政難から22年度に延期した。

見直しは昨年4月に就任した松井一実市長が、財政難を理由に全事業の抜本的見直しを表明したのが発端。県と市はことし2月、工法や高架区間の短縮などの検討に入った。

具体策を探る中で、市が区間の一部で高架化を断念する案を検討。高架が途切れるため隣接する海田町では中止の可能性がある。県は道路整備などの対案を示す方針だ。

一方、府中町の区間は市と同町によるJR向洋駅周辺の土地区画整理事業(18・3ヘクタール)が進む点も踏まえ、「事業を中止するのは困難」(県幹部)との見方が出ている。
This project as originally proposed called for elevating 6.3 km of the JR San’yō Line and Kure Line in Aki Ward (Hiroshima City), Fuchū Town, and Kaita Town, but land acquisition has been stalling as a result of financial difficulties. Over 90 percent of the parcels in Fuchū and Kaita have been purchased, but only about 60 percent of the parcels in Hiroshima City have been purchased.
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #4071
quashlo

JR East plans for through-servicing Senseki Line trains onto Tōhoku Line
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/region/news...2020002-n1.htm

Quote:
 JR東日本は16日、石巻地域と仙台を結ぶ仙石線のスピードアップを図るため、仙石線が松島町内で並行する東北線に乗り入れる計画を沿線市町に提示した。石巻地域の復興を支援するためで、津波で壊滅的な被害を受けた不通区間が復旧する平成27年に合わせて接続工事を終える計画で、震災前、快速電車で1時間3分かかった仙台-石巻間の所要時間が10分程度短縮できるという。

乗り入れ計画は、両線が並行する仙石線の松島海岸-高城町間駅と、東北線の塩釜-松島駅間の区間に両線をつなぐ新たな軌道を敷設、仙石線の一部列車が接続点から仙台までは東北線を利用するとしている。

仙台駅から東北線・松島駅は8駅目、仙石線・松島海岸駅は15駅目。接続点から仙台までの停車駅がほぼ半減することでスピードアップが図れる。

同様の計画は、仙石線のスピードアップを目指し沿線自治体が組織した「仙石線整備促進期成同盟会」(事務局・石巻市)でかつて検討されたことがある。

しかし、電化方式が仙石線は直流、東北線は交流と異なり、用地買収も含めると費用がかかりすぎて実現の可能性がないとして、平成11年の段階で要望を見送った経緯がある。

期成同盟会にとって今回の計画は、一度は消滅した構想が東日本大震災という未曽有の大災害からの復興という強い後押しで復活した格好だ。JR東は乗り入れる仙石線の車両に気動車(ディーゼル車)を使うことで異なる電化方式を克服、用地買収などで約20億円を投入して実現にこぎ着けたい考え。

接続点は、国宝・瑞巌寺の北約400メートルで特別名勝松島の指定地域。このため、新たな軌道の敷設には文化財保護法に基づく現状変更の国の許可が必要になる見込み。許可申請には地元自治体と県の現状変更を認める意見が不可欠で、今後の調整が必要となる。

仙石線は津波で壊滅的な被害を受けた陸前大塚-陸前小野駅間が線路を内陸に約500メートル移設して復旧を図り、27年までに高城町-陸前小野駅間の不通区間解消を目指している。JR東から計画の説明を受けた松島町は「マイナスにはならないだろう」として、基本的に協力姿勢だ。

今回の計画について、JR東の里見雅行仙台支社長は18日、村井嘉浩知事と記者会見し、概要を正式に発表することにしている。
A new track connection will be built to speed up Senseki Line services in an effort to support the rebuilding of the Ishinomaki area near Sendai. The new track will run from a point between Matsushima Kaigan and Takagimachi on the Senseki Line to a point between Shiogama and Matsushima on the Tōhoku Line.
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #4072
quashlo

Tōbu Railway enters solar power industry
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNZO...11C12A0L60000/

Quote:
 東武鉄道は17日、大規模太陽光発電(メガソーラー)事業に参入すると発表した。同社が栃木県佐野市に持つ鉄道駅近くの土地に太陽光パネルなどを設置する。最大出力は1000キロワットで、2013年夏にも発電を始め、東京電力に売電する予定。今回の成果を確認して、今後の同事業の拡大につなげる。

東武佐野線葛生駅の南側にある約1万4000平方メートルの鉄道貨物のヤード跡地に来春をメドに太陽光パネルを設置する。子会社の東武エネルギーマネジメントが設置・運営を担当する。投資額は数億円としている。

東武エネルギーマネジメントは東京スカイツリー地区で地中熱を利用した省エネ事業に取り組んでいる。栃木での事業を通じてノウハウなどを蓄積し、鉄道駅近くの遊休地を活用した再生可能エネルギー事業の展開につなげる。
An interesting form of diversification… I believe JR Kyūshū is also doing something similar.
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #4073
quashlo

Accessibility improvements coming to Matsudo Station
http://www.chibanippo.co.jp/c/news/local/105657

Quote:
 松戸市とJR東日本は16日、松戸駅の改良計画を発表した。駅改札内の4本のホームにエレベーターを1基ずつ設置し、エスカレーターも各ホームに1基ずつ増設してバリアフリー化を推進。改札外では二つある通路を統合し利便性向上を図る。駅ビル建設も計画している。2014年度から本体工事に着手し、18年度の完成を予定している。

同駅はJR常磐線と新京成線の停車駅。ホームはJRが3本、新京成が1本の計4本あるが、現在改札内にエレベーターの設置はない。エスカレーターは各ホームに上り用が1基ある。改良工事によって下り用のエスカレーターも設置されることになる。改札内のトイレも移設し、段差のない多機能トイレにする。

改札外の通路は現在、改札口を出てすぐの「コンコース」と、改札口からやや離れた場所にある「自由通路」があり、いずれも駅の西口と東口を結んでいる。二つの通路の間にはJRの施設や券売機、民間店舗などがあるが、改良計画ではこれら施設・店舗を周辺に分散して設置し、代わりに二つの通路を統合して整備する。幅員は約14メートル。市が所有している自由通路はJR側に無償譲渡する。

自由通路には市民らの絵画や写真などの作品を展示する「市民ギャラリー」があるが、改良後は西口と東口の一部スペースに移転する。展示スペースは現在の半分程度となる予定。
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #4074
quashlo

Chiba Monorail Urban Flyer wins Good Design Award
http://www.tokyo-np.co.jp/article/ch...702000125.html

Quote:
 千葉都市モノレールの新型車両「アーバンフライヤー0形」が、二〇一二年度のグッドデザイン賞(日本デザイン振興会主催)を受賞した。千葉都市モノレールの同賞受賞は初。

アーバンフライヤーは一九八八年の開業時に導入された1000形車両の代替車両として新たに製造され、七月から二編成四両が営業運行を始めた。

懸垂型モノレールの特徴である景色を見渡すことが可能な眺望性を最大限に生かしてガラスエリアを拡大。車両の先端部分の運転席横の床面に窓を設置し、地上を見下ろせるよう設計された。

同賞の審査委員からは「床下などから景色を見下ろす眺望として捉え直した窓、浮遊感を伝える新鮮な車体外観など魅力的」と高い評価を受けた。

アーバンフライヤーは一三年度末までに四編成八両まで増やす予定。 (砂上麻子)
Not too surprising… Definitely one of the nicer trains to come out this year.
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #4075
quashlo

Obstacles remain for ¥400 billion Asakusa Line Bypass
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/life/news/1...1000000-n1.htm

Quote:
 都心直結線が実現すれば、羽田、成田両空港へのアクセス向上が期待されるが、着工までの道のりには曲折も予想される。事業費の一部を負担する東京都や鉄道会社が採算性などを理由に慎重な姿勢を示しているからだ。

「都心直結線で空港までのアクセスを改善し、新東京駅周辺に外資企業を誘致する。日本の再生がかかっている事業だ」

国交省の担当者はこう胸を張る。

国交省幹部によると、従来の地下鉄は地上の道路の真下に建設していたためカーブ区間も多く、スピードアップに限界があった。大深度地下方式の採用が計画されている都心直結線は、地上の道路や建物に関係なく最短距離で建設でき、100キロ以上の高速運転が可能になるという。

国は昨年12月、東京駅丸の内側に設置される都心直結線の新東京駅周辺を国際戦略総合特区(アジアヘッドクオーター特区)に指定。アジアのビジネス拠点を構築し、都心直結線を企業誘致の呼び水としたい考えだ。

しかし、国際戦略総合特区を申請した都の関係者は「都心直結線は国が一生懸命になっているが、都は鉄道建設のために特区を申請したわけではない」と不快感をあらわにする。

その理由は、用地取得費用を圧縮できる大深度地下方式を採用しても、事業費が約4千億円に上ると試算されているためだ。都は事業費の3分の1を負担する可能性もあり、「負担が大きい」(都幹部)と難色を示してきた。

国交省は都心直結線の整備は「特区構想にも不可欠」と強調するが、国交省が推進したい事業に特区構想が利用された形で、都幹部は「特区と絡めるのは国の詭弁(きべん)だ」と反発する。

整備構想をいち早く具体化したい国交省は平成25年度予算の概算要求に調査費として2億5千万円を計上。早ければ来春、地盤調査などに着手するという。

ただ、都心直結線の事業主体や費用負担の割合は未定で、鉄道会社も戸惑いを隠せない。都心直結線が乗り入れる予定の京浜急行電鉄は「実現に向けた話が進んだ段階で協力するか検討したい」。京成電鉄も「採算性があるのかなど課題が多い」としている。

国交省は年内にも都や鉄道会社と協議する場を設ける意向だが、両者の間に生じた溝をどこまで埋められるかが今後の課題となる。
A bit more news on this project… Apparently, the area around the future Shin-Tōkyō Station on the line was designated as an international strategic district (“Asian HQ District”) in 2012 by the MLIT, perhaps in an effort to accelerate the project. They’ve already included approximately ¥250 million in their FY2013 budget request to cover studies, and could begin soil surveys as soon as next spring. Looks like this project has a lot of steam behind it, even if the Metropolitan Government is balking at having to fund one-third of the cost. Definitely one of the more likely projects to move forward.
Old October 18th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #4076
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by quashlo
Anyways, if I remember correctly, the cross-platform transfer would be accomplished by building new underground platforms beneath the existing Tōkyū Kamata Station, so it's basically what you said.
That makes more sense to me too. I think the part I'm more wondering though is them taking Toyoko/Fukutoshin trains and running them over the Tamagawa line into "Shin" Kamata station. They'd *have to* do this and make it so you'd just do the cross-platform transfer...

Not sure people would be willing to transfer 3 times to get to Haneda from Shibuya/Shinjuku/Ikebukuro when there are airport buses that give you a non-stop ride from those areas for about the same price.
starrwulfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #4077
quashlo

MLIT releases FY 2011 crowding stats for Tōkyō area

Data:
http://www.mlit.go.jp/report/press/t...hh_000036.html

The data is only reported for an abbreviated sample of the data:

Code:
LINE                             MOST CROWDED SEGMENT               LOADING  CHANGE  PEAK HOUR
===============================  =================================  =======  ======  =========
Sōbu Local Line                  Kinshichō → Ryōgoku                  201%    (2%)   7:34-8:34
Yamanote Line (clockwise)        Ueno → Okachimachi                   200%    (1%)   8:00-9:00
Tōkyō Metro Tōzai Line           Kiba → Monzen Nakachō                199%     3%    7:50-8:50
Saikyō Line                      Itabashi → Ikebukuro                 198%    (2%)   7:50-8:50
Yokosuka Line                    Shin-Kawasaki → Shinagawa            195%     2%    7:40-8:40
Keihin-Tōhoku Line (southbound)  Ueno → Okachimachi                   194%    (1%)   8:00-9:00
Chūō Rapid Line                  Nakano → Shinjuku                    193%    (1%)   7:55-8:55
Nambu Line                       Musashi Nakahara → Musashi Kosugi    193%     2%    7:30-8:30
Takasaki Line                    Miyahara → Ōmiya                     191%     0%    7:23-8:23
Musashino Line                   Higashi-Urawa → Minami-Urawa         187%    (2%)   7:26-8:26
Odakyū Odawara Line              Setagaya Daita → Shimo-Kitazawa      186%    (2%)   7:47-8:49
Tōkaidō Line                     Kawasaki → Shinagawa                 186%    (2%)   7:39-8:39
Yokohama Line                    Kozukue → Shin-Yokohama              184%     1%    7:27-8:27
Keihin-Tōhoku Line (northbound)  Ōimachi → Shinagawa                  183%    (2%)   7:30-8:30
Tōkyū Den'en Toshi Line          Ikejiri Ōhashi → Shibuya             181%    (1%)   7:50-8:50
Sōbu Rapid Line                  Shin-Koiwa → Kinshichō               177%
Jōban Rapid Line                 Matsudo → Kita-Senju                 170%
Jōban Local Line                 Kameari → Ayase                      167% 
Keiyō Line                       Kasai Rinkai Kōen → Shin-Kiba        175%   (10%)
As usual, it’s almost all JR lines.

Some notes:
  • Tōzai Line went up!
  • Yokosuka Line went up (probably still the lingering effects of the Musashi Kosugi Station opening)
  • Nambu Line and Yokohama Line went up (perhaps more attractive lines thanks to new or expanded limited-stop services)
  • Keiyō Line went down by a lot… Related to the debut of E233 series on the line, perhaps.
Some interesting analysis in the report as well…

Effects of introduction of wide-bodied trains on Keihin-Tōhoku Line:

Code:
                      ---------------------------
SEGMENT               FY2008 FY2009 FY2010 FY2011
===================   ====== ====== ====== ======
Ueno → Okachimachi     209%   198%   195%   194%
Ōimachi → Shinagawa    196%   187%   185%   183%
Effects of Tōkyū Ōimachi Line improvements and Den'en Toshi Line quadruple-tracking:

Code:
                           ---------------------------
SEGMENT                    FY2008 FY2009 FY2010 FY2011
========================   ====== ====== ====== ======
Ikejiri Ōhashi → Shibuya    193%   187%   182%   181%
Kuhonbutsu → Jiyūgaoka      137%   154%   163%   166%
Also interesting is the last page of the report, talking about the Asakusa Line Bypass, which they now refer to as a “Central Tōkyō Connector” (都心直結線). The previous context for the project has always been about improving the connection between Haneda and Narita, and between Tōkyō Station and both airports. The context in this new report, however, including the new name for the project and the discussion of reduced loading on other lines, seem to indicate a slight expansion in emphasis on the project from a line just for airport passengers to a line that also has urban rail / commuter functions. I could be reading too deep into it or just not paying attention over the course of the planning studies, though, since they still only show one intermediate station (Shin-Tōkyō) between Oshiage and Sengakuji.
Old October 19th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #4078
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11257

Wow, those figures really show that commuters really love using the trains and subways! My favorite lines happen to be the following:

- Yamanote Line
- Tozai Line (Tokyo Metro)
- Saikyo Line
- Chūō Rapid Line
- Tōkaidō Line
- Jōban Line

It seems like the subways and railways are intuitive to Tokyo's rapid pace of life, and that's a reason why I would love to visit Tokyo again: for the punctual trains.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 05:54 AM   #4079
quashlo

Livery selected for new Fukui Railway trams
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/otona/railw...OYT8T00644.htm

Quote:
 福井鉄道(本社・福井県越前市)の新型車両のデザインが、利用者らによる人気投票で、車体下部にシルバーのラインが入ったオレンジ色に決まった。

来春から、旧型車両と順次入れ替える。

「福井鉄道新型車両デザイン総選挙!」と銘打ち、9月6~23日に人気投票を実施。赤、オレンジ、黄のいずれか1色で全体を塗装するタイプと、赤、オレンジ、黄でそれぞれ全体を塗装した上でシルバーのラインを入れるタイプの計6案を提示し、インターネットや駅、沿線の市役所などで投票を呼びかけていた。

投票総数は6606票。“当選”した「オレンジ×シルバー」は、全体の30・7%にあたる2028票を集めた。次点は「赤×シルバー」で、1587票(24・0%)だった。

同社鉄道部の担当者は「予想以上の投票数があり、関心の高さがわかった。皆さんに親しんでいただけるよう、新型車両の愛称も募集したい」と話している。

新型車両への採用が決まった「オレンジ×シルバー」(福井鉄道提供)
The front, especially with the sharp lines around the headlight, remind me of Tōkyū’s newer rolling stock.
Old October 19th, 2012, 05:56 AM   #4080
quashlo

New priority alighting area coming to JR Kanayama Station platforms
http://www.chunichi.co.jp/s/article/...890223921.html

Quote:
 JR東海は18日、金山駅(名古屋市中区)のホームの一部が狭く、利用客の乗り降りが危険として、ホーム4カ所に、降車する人を通すための「優先エリア」を設けると発表した。同社管内では初めての試みで、24日から運用する。

降車優先エリアは、東海道線上りの2カ所と中央線の下り2カ所に設置する。いずれも階段があり、ホームの端までの幅が1・5メートルしかない場所。これまで、ラッシュ時には乗降客で混雑して通り抜けにくくなるとの指摘があった。

線路と平行する幅0・3メートル、長さ7・8メートルの範囲で、ホームの床に計39枚のシールを貼って降車優先エリアであることを表示する。終日運用し、構内アナウンスによって、優先エリア以外で乗車待ちするよう利用客に協力を呼び掛ける。

金山駅は、名古屋鉄道や名古屋市営地下鉄に連絡するターミナル駅。1日当たりの乗車数は5万6千人で、東海3県(愛知、岐阜、三重)では名古屋駅に次ぐ多さ。これまでに事故は報告されていないが、山田佳臣社長は記者会見で「(利用客が多いわりにホームが狭く)一番危険な箇所は金山駅だから、きちっと対応する」と話した。他の駅については未定という。