daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 19th, 2012, 05:59 AM   #4081
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11243

Quote:
Originally Posted by quashlo View Post
Livery selected for new Fukui Railway trams
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/otona/railw...OYT8T00644.htm

The front, especially with the sharp lines around the headlight, remind me of Tōkyū’s newer rolling stock.
Wow, that light rail's color looks great! I hope Muni here in the Bay Area can change its Metro trains to something similar to that design: it looks much more modern, sleeker, and cleaner looking. And by the way, which company makes such light rail trains like in the picture?

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #4082
orulz

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by quashlo View Post
Also interesting is the last page of the report, talking about the Asakusa Line Bypass, which they now refer to as a “Central Tōkyō Connector” (都心直結線). The previous context for the project has always been about improving the connection between Haneda and Narita, and between Tōkyō Station and both airports. The context in this new report, however, including the new name for the project and the discussion of reduced loading on other lines, seem to indicate a slight expansion in emphasis on the project from a line just for airport passengers to a line that also has urban rail / commuter functions. I could be reading too deep into it or just not paying attention over the course of the planning studies, though, since they still only show one intermediate station (Shin-Tōkyō) between Oshiage and Sengakuji.
Better access for keisei and keikyu riders plus congestion relief in central Tokyo sounds like a much stronger argument for this line than the somewhat dubious benefit of a faster rail line between the two airports.

Will trains using this connector actually stop at Sengakuji? Or is this just where the construction will end? Shinagawa would make more sense to me as a stop.

What improvements are happening on the Keisei side of Oshiage? Will the Oshiage Line grade separation add any new tracks?
orulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #4083
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62800

I think the main reason behind the line is to give the CBD around Tokyo station a quicker connection with both airports. But it would indeed be strange if they wouldn't use it as a commuter line as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it will get more stations.

Shinagawa will also be a stop for the express trains between the two airports, if not the stop. Especially when the line will also become a commuter line it should only make sense that it will skip Sengakuji.
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 04:03 AM   #4084
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

Keikyū, express buses in heated battle for Kanagawa ‒ Narita market
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/region/news...9500007-n1.htm

Quote:
 成田空港などに新たな格安航空会社(LCC)が就航し、航空運賃の低価格化に拍車がかかる中、横浜と成田空港を結ぶ路線にも価格破壊の波が押し寄せている。京浜急行電鉄が21日のダイヤ改正で成田空港駅から横浜駅に向かう際の運賃は1630円に据え置いたままで所要時間を最大15分短縮させる一方、電車より早い横浜発の高速バス各社が片道2千円の割引キャンペーン延長を打ち出した。乗客の争奪戦が激しさを増しそうだ。

京急のアクセス改善は蒲田駅(東京都大田区)の高架化と京成線のダイヤ改正に伴うものだ。成田空港駅から横浜駅まで向かう区間を京成線成田スカイアクセス線と京急本線で乗り継いだ場合、現状の所要時間は115分だが、21日からは最大15分短縮して100分となる。横浜駅から成田空港駅への区間は4分短縮の102分だが、運賃は1630円を維持する。

横浜-成田空港駅間(4180円)を約90分で結ぶ成田エクスプレスを運行するJR東日本が、「現段階では対抗策をとることは考えていない」(広報室)と静観する一方、対抗意識をあらわにするのは高速バスだ。

バスが発着する横浜シティ・エア・ターミナル(YCAT、横浜市西区)から成田空港までの所要時間は約85分と京急、JR東日本をしのぐ。さらに、格安運賃ニーズに対応するため、8月末までだった若者とシニア向けの割引キャンペーンを来年3月末まで拡大し、通常の4割引となる片道2千円に運賃を設定。YCATの担当者は「乗客にとって安いに越したことはない。ニーズをくみ取って乗客をつなぎとめたい」と語る。

こうした価格競争の背景にあるのが、成田空港で相次ぐLCC就航だ。「空港アクセスに関しても低料金を求める乗客が増えるのは必至」(京急)との見方が強まっている。

実際、都内ではすでに空港アクセスにおける格安運賃が浸透しつつある。京成バスはLCCのジェットスター・ジャパンが就航した7月から、東京駅と成田空港を結ぶ新しい高速バス路線の運行を東京発900円で開始した。

横浜と成田空港の間を巡る低料金化がさらに進めば、「横浜を訪れる外国人客の増加にもつながる」(横浜市内のホテル)との期待も高まっている。
quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #4085
quashlo

Completion of windscreens will reduce service disruptions on Keiyō Line
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/e-japan/chi...OYT8T00045.htm

Quote:
 東京湾の沿岸部を走り、風の影響を受けやすいJR京葉線で、横風を防ぐ計12キロの防風柵が完成した。31日からは運行中止の基準となる風速を秒速25メートルから30メートルに引き上げ、「運転中止が半分程度になると見込んでいる」(椿浩・JR東日本千葉支社長)という。沿線の住民にとっては都内への通勤・通学が容易になるほか、商業施設を含めて地域全体の魅力向上につながると期待されている。(佐俣勝敏)

◆輸送力向上

柵が設置されたのは二俣新町駅(市川市)から南船橋駅(船橋市)までの海側と、潮見駅(東京都江東区)付近から葛西臨海公園駅(江戸川区)までの海側と内陸側の計約12キロ・メートル。同社は速度を落として運転する速度規制の基準についても、秒速20メートルから同25メートルへと引き上げるため、速度規制も大幅に減るとみられる。

同支社によると、京葉線沿線では、秒速25メートル以上の風が年間50~70回ほど観測され、運行中止は2007~11年の5年間で48回に上る。今回の設置で、同社は比較的風の強い場所がある東京―南船橋間の防風対策は「ほぼ完了した」としており、今後は同じく江戸川や荒川を渡る際などに風の影響を受けやすい総武線で設置を進める方針だ。

◆長年の懸案

市や町と協力して防風対策を求めてきた県は、「県全体の魅力を向上させる」と話すなど、長年の懸念材料が改善することに対して、地元からは歓迎の声が上がっている。

京葉線沿線の埋め立て地帯では、一部が東日本大震災による液状化被害に遭っただけに、自治体の担当者は「市民生活の足として貴重な路線であり、浦安の魅力向上になる」(浦安市)、「幕張新都心を訪れる県外の人にとっても、都心から来やすくなる」(千葉市)などと利便性向上による地域活性化を期待する。

東京ディズニーリゾートを運営するオリエンタルランドも「風で帰れなくなるという不安が軽減される」と歓迎する。ららぽーとTOKYO―BAY(船橋市)や三井アウトレットパーク幕張(千葉市美浜区)を運営する「ららぽーとマネジメント」(東京都中央区)も、「電車を利用するお客様が増えているだけに、とてもありがたい」と話しており、沿線の魅力向上や集客力アップによる経済効果も期待できそうだ。

防風柵が完成し、外側から車両が見えにくくなった京葉線の高架橋(船橋市浜町で)
Old October 20th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #4086
quashlo

Railways trying music, lighting, patrols to prevent suicides
http://ajw.asahi.com/article/behind_...AJ201210190016

Quote:
From Mozart and Chopin over station loudspeakers to blue mood lighting and safety patrols, railway companies are taking proactive measures to prevent suicides, which wreak havoc on train schedules that run like clockwork.

While the effects of such steps are still unclear, experts recommend that the companies continue with the efforts.

"Because many people who commit suicide often feel lonely, there is likely some effect from calling out to them," said Mariko Makino, 58, a doctor of psychosomatic medicine who has supervised the production of CDs containing music said to be soothing to the autonomic nervous system. "While it is difficult to verify the effects of music and blue lighting, some people have likely been saved. I hope the railway companies will continue with their efforts."

The calamitous effects on train passengers of a suicide was demonstrated on Sept. 11 when a packed train of the Keihin-Tohoku Line was brought to a halt by an individual who is believed to have committed suicide by jumping onto the tracks. The train was stopped for 50 minutes, and the crowded conditions caused six passengers to become sick enough to be taken by ambulance to hospitals for treatment.

Suicides by individuals who jump from train platforms or intrude onto rail lines at crossings can bring train lines to a halt because the victims have to be removed from the accident site, and railway employees have to check on the safety of the train before resuming operations.

Seeing someone committing suicide by jumping in front of their train is also harrowing enough that the trauma forces some drivers to ask to be reassigned to other duties.

In the last fiscal year, there were 5,278 cases nationwide of major delays in train operations or the cancellation of some runs. Of that number, 601 were caused by suicides.

According to statistics compiled by the transport ministry, there has been a gradual decline from the peak number over the past five years of 682 suicides recorded in fiscal 2009. While that corresponds to the period when many railway companies began installing blue lighting, ministry officials have not pinpointed the exact reason for the decline.

In continuing efforts to reduce the number, railway companies have set periods for focusing on suicide prevention.

Employees of East Japan Railway Co. were handing out cards recently to passengers in and around Tokyo Station that contained information on how to reach the Inochi no Denwa telephone help-line service for those contemplating suicide.

JR East has partnered with Inochi no Denwa since 1999 in referring passengers to the service as a way of preventing suicides.

From last November, stations along the Sobu Line began playing CDs that contained music said to be relaxing to the autonomic nervous system. While the effort was intended to help relax passengers, some complained that the music was too loud. From August, the stations switched to music by Mozart and Chopin that is also said to have a soothing effect.

Along the Yamanote Line loop, all the stations have installed blue lighting that is said to have a calming effect. Keikyu Corp. and Odakyu Electric Railway Co. have also installed blue lighting.

Other companies have installed barriers along the edges of platforms as a means of preventing accidents by passengers falling onto the tracks and suicides.

However, an employee of Tokyo Metro Co. said, "Even after the barriers were installed there have been cases of individuals jumping onto the tracks by climbing over the barrier."

Another measure involves retired JR East employees and members of the Japanese Association of Mental Health Services, which also has a telephone consultation service for people with various problems. From last year, teams have been patrolling the platforms of about 10 bustling stations, such as Tokyo and Shinjuku, for four hours a day on weekdays in March and October.

The teams are on the lookout for individuals who appear suicidal and will talk to those who appear to be having problems. The association has compiled a list of danger signs for potential suicides based on interviews with station workers and advice from psychiatrists.

In working with retired JR East employees on the platform patrols, association members have focused on certain points in deciding whom to approach.

Among the danger signs are passengers standing for long periods at the extreme ends of platforms; seeing off a number of trains coming and going without riding any; wearing light clothing even in cold weather; and staring with the eyes not focusing on anything.

Since the association and JR East began the station patrols from March 2011, there has been one instance when a potential suicide was stopped.

However, Yuki Nishimura, 44, an association director, said, "There has likely been some form of deterrence since no suicide has occurred while we have been patrolling. By continuing the activity, station workers and other passengers can also develop an awareness of the need to prevent suicides."

A poster containing the number of a telephone help-line service hangs from a wall at JR Shinjuku Station in Tokyo. (Ayako Nakada)
Old October 20th, 2012, 04:59 AM   #4087
quashlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
My favorite lines happen to be the following:

- Yamanote Line
- Tozai Line (Tokyo Metro)
- Saikyo Line
- Chūō Rapid Line
- Tōkaidō Line
- Jōban Line
JR is interesting, but you need some private railways in there, like Keikyū, Hankyū, or Kintetsu... Definitely some of the more interesting operations you'll find anywhere in Japan.
Old October 20th, 2012, 05:01 AM   #4088
quashlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
Will trains using this connector actually stop at Sengakuji? Or is this just where the construction will end? Shinagawa would make more sense to me as a stop.
The document I referenced in the Japan Forum thread has a bit of insight into this:
http://www.mlit.go.jp/common/000112110.pdf

In all cases they looked at, at least some trains would skip Sengakuji completely, and according to the envisioned service plan they show (assuming 18 tph on the existing Toei Asakusa Line and 10 tph on the bypass), all trains would continue beyond Oshiage and Sengakuji. At the south end, about one-third to one-half—in this particular case, 3 to 5 tph—will go to Haneda Airport, with the remainder bound for the Yokohama direction. At the north end, about one-third—in this case, 3 tph—will continue to Narita Airport, with the remainder bound for other destinations on the Keisei / Hokusō network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
What improvements are happening on the Keisei side of Oshiage? Will the Oshiage Line grade separation add any new tracks?
I don’t think they have anything planned. All the studies conducted thus far for the bypass assume 28 tph as the max combined total across the Asakusa Line and new bypass, which probably means that they aren’t looking at any improvements for the Oshiage Line. Basically, they will just be shifting trains off of the Asakusa Line and onto the bypass. I doubt they would consider quadruple-tracking the Oshiage Line… Yahiro is already a four-track station.
Old October 20th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #4089
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quashlo

JR is interesting, but you need some private railways in there, like Keikyū, Hankyū, or Kintetsu... Definitely some of the more interesting operations you'll find anywhere in Japan.
I actually like Odakyu and Keio Railways as well, but I might want to get some introduction to some of the more intriguing railway networks because I've been to Tokyo once in 2005, and I really loved the subways and JR a lot.

Old October 20th, 2012, 08:42 AM   #4090
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams

I actually like Odakyu and Keio Railways as well, but I might want to get some introduction to some of the more intriguing railway networks because I've been to Tokyo once in 2005, and I really loved the subways and JR a lot.
Sounds like your next trip should have a Kansai excursion!

Kintetsu is my favorite train line, and its the largest private railroad in Japan. The rolling stock is nice and varied, and on the Nara line you get to see some Hanshin trains too since the Hanshin Nishi-Osaka connection was completed a few years ago.
Hankyu is my second favorite, and you must visit the terminal in Umeda! Its the largest terminal by number of bays. Also the synchronized movements of trains as all three routes move into and out of the terminal and cross over the Yodogawa on a six track bridge!
You'll also want to head up just past Kyoto to Otsu city where you can ride the Keihan line in the middle of the street! Its not a streetcar, its a heavy rail line that uses the former interurban tracks to move trains from one segment to the Kyoto bound segment via a few blocks of city streets.
And since you're near Kyoto, head over into the western part of town and ride the Randen streetcar, one of Japan's last surviving trams. The scenery is beautiful and Arashiyama terminal is in one of the most historically significant parts of Japan.
There's your itinerary, good luck!
starrwulfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #4091
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrwulfe View Post
Sounds like your next trip should have a Kansai excursion!

Kintetsu is my favorite train line, and its the largest private railroad in Japan. The rolling stock is nice and varied, and on the Nara line you get to see some Hanshin trains too since the Hanshin Nishi-Osaka connection was completed a few years ago.
Hankyu is my second favorite, and you must visit the terminal in Umeda! Its the largest terminal by number of bays. Also the synchronized movements of trains as all three routes move into and out of the terminal and cross over the Yodogawa on a six track bridge!
You'll also want to head up just past Kyoto to Otsu city where you can ride the Keihan line in the middle of the street! Its not a streetcar, its a heavy rail line that uses the former interurban tracks to move trains from one segment to the Kyoto bound segment via a few blocks of city streets.
And since you're near Kyoto, head over into the western part of town and ride the Randen streetcar, one of Japan's last surviving trams. The scenery is beautiful and Arashiyama terminal is in one of the most historically significant parts of Japan.
There's your itinerary, good luck!
Thanks for your suggestions. Thank goodness that there is a nonstop flight daily between San Francisco and Osaka to start with, which will make the trip quite easy with United Airlines. I don't know though if the airline quality is improving, though. But beyond that, I am thinking of an Osaka, Kyoto, and Nara excursion... perhaps an extension to Nagoya before heading out to Tokyo again before returning.

Old October 21st, 2012, 10:48 PM   #4092
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

The last trains to use the level crossings next to Keikyu Kamata Station and the ceremonial removal of the barriers on Saturday night 2012/10/20.

And the 1st cabview video's have also been uploaded on YouTube.

Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:33 AM   #4093
quashlo

Growing railway investment in Southeast Asia offers opportunities for Japanese firms
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNAS...21C12A0FF2000/

Quote:
 【ジャカルタ=渡辺禎央】交通渋滞の悪化に悩む東南アジア諸国で、地下鉄やモノレールなど都市型の大量輸送インフラの建設が相次いで動き始める。インドネシアでは清水建設などによる計300億円超の工事の受注が内定。マレーシアやベトナムでも大型事業が着工し、2016~17年に各国で一斉に開業する見通し。今後も成長が見込まれる市場で、日本企業などの商機が拡大しそうだ。

インドネシアのジャカルタでは、円借款を受けて新設するMRT(大量高速交通システム)の地下工事で、清水建設と三井住友建設への発注が内定した。受注総額は計4兆5千億ルピア(約370億円)に近いもよう。各社は地元企業と組んで別々の区間を担当する。

日本政府や地元当局の同意を受け、受注契約を結ぶ。今月就任したジャカルタ首都特別州のウィドド知事は落札結果の精査を要請しており、時間を要する可能性もある。

このMRTは地下と地上を走行し、ジャカルタ中心部と南郊の15.7キロメートルを結ぶ。総事業費は1500億円超。17年の稼働に向けて、車両や信号システムの入札も近く実施する。

インドネシアではジャワ島東部の中核都市スラバヤでも13年にMRTの工事の入札を実施する計画。同島西部バンドンでも中国企業が参画するMRT計画があり「13年末の着工を目指す」(ハッタ経済担当調整相)。

インドネシアでは11年に自動車販売台数が89万台を超え、今年は100万台も視野に入る。ただ、渋滞の悪化により都市部では商談などのための移動に支障が出るケースが続出。通勤で1~2時間を要する駐在員も少なくない。首都近郊の工場と港湾などの間では部品や製品の輸送容量も限界に達しつつある。

インドネシア政府や企業は、トンネル建設などが不要で建設コストが低いモノレールにも注目。スラウェシ島最大の都市マカッサルでも、複合企業のカラ・グループが約10兆ルピアのモノレール建設を計画。13年にも着工し16年の稼働を目指す。

独コンサルティング会社SCIフェアケアによると、11年に18億ユーロ(約1860億円)だった東南アジアの鉄道インフラ市場は、年率6%近い成長を続け、16年には24億ユーロに達するとみられている。

東南アジア諸国連合(ASEAN)10カ国の人口は6億人超。欧州連合(EU)加盟27カ国の人口をすでに上回り、若年層が多く、都市人口の比率も急速に高まる。このためインドネシア以外の国でも鉄道インフラの整備が進んでいる。

マレーシアでは17年の開業を目指す総延長51キロメートルのMRT計画で、30億リンギ(約800億円)超の機材を供給する業者が決定。車両は独シーメンス、信号制御システムはカナダのボンバルディアが担当し、電力設備では日本の明電舎が受注に成功した。

ベトナムでもこのほど、首都ハノイと南部の商都ホーチミンで計3路線の都市鉄道の建設が次々に始まった。ハノイの2件はそれぞれ中国とフランス、ホーチミンは日本が支援し、16~17年の一斉開業を目指す。

フィリピンも民間の資金やノウハウを取り入れるPPP(官民パートナーシップ)方式での高架鉄道の延伸を促進。マニラ首都圏から北部に向けて設ける「MRT7号線」の工事を丸紅と地元企業が受注し、16年半ばに全線開通させる計画だ。
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:35 AM   #4094
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quashlo
Growing railway investment in Southeast Asia offers opportunities for Japanese firms
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNAS...21C12A0FF2000/
Looks like there's a portion that discusses about the Philippines... Can you translate that article for me, please? That's my region by the way.

Old October 22nd, 2012, 12:33 PM   #4095
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

The last paragraph of the article is about the Philippines.

フィリピンも民間の資金やノウハウを取り入れるPPP(官民パートナーシップ)方式での高架鉄道の延伸を促進。

translation:

For the Philippines the Japanese know-how on public–private partnership deals can be used especially for the planning and construction of elevated railways.

マニラ首都圏から北部に向けて設ける「MRT7号線」の工事を丸紅と地元企業が受注し、16年半ばに全線開通させる計画だ。

translation:

This year the Japanese construction company Marubeni together with a local company was chosen to construct the Red Line / MRT-7 in North Manilla that is scheduled to be completed in 2016.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:52 PM   #4096
orulz

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrwulfe View Post
That makes more sense to me too. I think the part I'm more wondering though is them taking Toyoko/Fukutoshin trains and running them over the Tamagawa line into "Shin" Kamata station. They'd *have to* do this and make it so you'd just do the cross-platform transfer...

Not sure people would be willing to transfer 3 times to get to Haneda from Shibuya/Shinjuku/Ikebukuro when there are airport buses that give you a non-stop ride from those areas for about the same price.
Taking that a different direction, there is the eight liner circumferential railway plan (which I find extremely cool since it's such a big plan).

It would inter-line with the Keikyu Airport Line, take over the Kamakama Line and the Tokyu Tamagawa Line, and then extend as a subway (or elevated line, not really sure) along Kan-Pachi road all the way to Akabane. Combine that with Metro Seven, which would extend along Kan-nana road all the way to Kasai Seaside Park station on the JR Keiyo line, and you have a massive new circumferential line all the way around Tokyo.

Of course there is the problem of line gauge since the Tokyu Tamagawa line is narrow-gauge and the Keikyu is standard-gauge, but that could be resolved in several ways (sorted by my order of preference).
1. convert the Keikyu Airport line to dual gauge
2. convert the Tamagawa line to standard gauge (Nothing would be lost from the passenger's perspective since the connection with the Toyoko line is only used for non-revenue trains anyway)
3. free-gauge trainsets

But anyway, regardless of whatever cross-platform transfer configuration the Kamakama line is given initially, I hope and presume it will be constructed to allow conversion to the eight liner in the likely distant future.

Last edited by orulz; October 22nd, 2012 at 04:59 PM.
orulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:37 PM   #4097
quashlo

Work progresses on Tōhoku Through Line
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNAS...2A021C1CC0000/

Quote:
上野が終点のJR東北、高崎、常磐の各路線が東京駅まで延伸して東海道線と直通でつながる「東北縦貫線」(全長約3.8キロ)の建設が進んでいる。新幹線の高架橋と重層化させる難工事で、通勤ラッシュ緩和や首都圏の輸送ネットワーク強化が期待されている。

「工事できるのは終電から始発の3~4時間だけ」と話すのはJR東日本東京工事事務所の倉沢徳男東京工事区長。東京駅南部の拠点から東北新幹線の線路を使って鉄骨などの資材やクレーンを搬入し、新幹線の高架上に橋脚を立てたり橋桁を架けたりする専用の機械を組み立てた。

2008年5月の着工から4年5カ月で、最長で約60メートル、最も重くて約500トンの橋桁15個を架けた。来春までに全19個を架け終わり、線路の敷設などが本格化する。

新設する高架橋約1.3キロのうち、神田―秋葉原間の約0.6キロが新幹線の真上を走る。総工費は約400億円で、14年度末までに完成予定だ。

東北、高崎、常磐各線の利用客は現在、上野駅で山手線や京浜東北線に乗り換えて東京駅方面に向かっている。東北縦貫線の開通後は朝の通勤時間帯に混雑率の最も高い上野―御徒町間で200%から180%以下に緩和できるという。

田町―品川間に広がる品川車両基地(約20ヘクタール)に留め置かれる車両も、縦貫線で大宮や東海道線・国府津へ分散可能となる。JR東は同車両基地の縮小で10~15ヘクタールの跡地再開発を計画、山手線で1971年の西日暮里駅以来となる30番目の新駅建設も検討中だ。〔共同〕

神田~秋葉原間で建設が進む、新幹線の真上を走る「東北縦貫線」(9月、東京都千代田区)=共同
Nothing really new, but I thought the photo was pretty awesome…
Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:28 AM   #4098
quashlo

A bit belated, but new E233-3000 series units stationed out of Takasaki Car Center entered revenue service on the Takasaki Line on 2012.09.01. In preparation for the upcoming through-services via the Tōhoku Through Line, these formations are identical to the same series units being deployed on the Tōkaidō Line out of Tamachi Car Center.

Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:37 PM   #4099
quashlo

Tōshiba develops fully-enclosed PMSMs consuming 50% less electricity
http://www.toshiba.co.jp/about/press...0/pr_j2301.htm

Quote:
 当社は、阪急電鉄株式会社(以下、阪急電鉄)8000系車両に高効率の全閉型永久磁石同期電動機(以下、全閉PMSM)と新たに開発した4in1VVVFインバータ装置を採用したシステムを試験搭載し、既設の誘導電動機(IM)とGTO素子注1を使用したVVVFインバータ装置のシステムを搭載した車両と比較して、約50%の消費電力量削減を実証しました。

今回開発した4in1VVVFインバータ装置は、1台の冷却器にインバータ回路を4回路搭載することで装置の小型、軽量化を実現しました。全閉PMSMと組み合わせることにより、力行注2の消費電力量を削減するとともに、当社独自の制御方法により電力回生ブレーキ注3の負担を増やして回生電力量を増加させ、車両全体の省エネを実現しています。

当社は、2012年9月に、阪急電鉄8000系車両の同一編成内に全閉PMSMと新たに開発した4in1VVVFインバータ装置のシステムと、既設のIMシステムを搭載して、各駅停車相当の運行パターンにて試運転を実施し、消費電力量を測定して、両者の比較を行ないました。その結果、力行の消費電力量約10%削減、回生電力量約85%増加、トータルで約50%の消費電力量削減結果が得られました。今後は、営業運転にて効果を実証していきます。

当社は既に、東京地下鉄株式会社(以下、東京メトロ)16000系車両にて採用されている高効率の全閉PMSMとVVVFインバータ装置のシステムにおいて、東京メトロ06系車両に搭載しているIMとVVVFインバータ装置のシステムと比べて、力行の消費電力量を削減し、制御の見直しによる電力回生ブレーキの負担の増加により、営業運転にて39%の消費電力量削減を実現しています。

近年の環境意識の高まりから、鉄道車両は更なる省エネルギー化が求められています。当社は今後も全閉PMSMに代表される高効率の装置を提供するとともに、輸送計画や制御システム、蓄電装置、電力供給システムなど、鉄道システムをトータルで設計することで、さらなる省エネ化を実現する鉄道エネルギーマネジメントシステム(鉄道EMS)に取り組んでいきます。

注1
半導体素子の一種で、素子自身で点弧(ターンオン)・消弧(ターンオフ)出来る機能を持つ。誘導電動機の駆動用インバー  
タのスイッチング素子として使用されている。
注2
電力の供給を受けて車両が走行する状態。
注3
主電動機を発電機として用い、これによって発生した電力を電車線に返す電気ブレーキ。
Tested on a Hankyū 8000 series.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:38 PM   #4100
quashlo

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries awarded trackwork contract for Klang Valley MRT
http://news.nna.jp/free/news/20121024myr004A.html

Quote:
首都圏のMRT(大量高速交通システム)計画の事業母体であるMRT社は22日、三菱重工業にスンガイブロー~カジャン線の軌道工事を8億5,500万リンギ(約224億円)で発注したと発表した。

また、通信設備工事を地場のエーペックス・コミュニケーションと韓国のLG CNSによるコンソーシアムに3億1,990万リンギで発注した。三菱重工は首都圏MRT事業で初の受注、エーペックスは3件目の受注となる。

これにより、首都圏MRTで行われる85件の工事入札のうち、50件、総額197億リンギ相当が発注された。残る35件も年内に発注が見込まれる。

スンガイブロー~カジャン線は総延長が51キロメートルで、首都圏の北西部から南東部を結ぶ。開通は2017年7月の予定。
English language article:
http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story...2&sec=business