daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 21st, 2012, 05:11 PM   #4261
orulz

Likes (Received): 47

Wow, that Tobu Asakusa station looks sharp. I still remember the first time I went to Tokyo in 2003. I had only been in Japan a couple months and I was not that good at getting around and my knowledge of Japanese language was limited. And my knowledge of Tokyo geography was basically limited to a subway map and a JR map I had in my pocket.

I walked into Tobu Asakusa station figuring "Hey, all the trains are connected to each other with transfers, right?" but when I got to the ticket machines, the map posted above was 100% in Japanese (not very foreigner friendly) and I couldn't recognize any stations nor lines I had heard of before.

I thought to myself "Screw this." and walked right out of the station and back down the street to the Eidan Ginza Line station.

I remember thinking at the time that the facade on the front of the building looked goofy. Wow! what an improvement.
orulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:35 PM   #4262
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

Ukraine Infrastructure Ministry ready to implement new projects with Japan
http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukra...an-316363.html

Quote:
The Infrastructure Ministry of Ukraine is ready to implement new projects with Japan.

The ministry's press service has reported, referring to Deputy Infrastructure Minister Volodymyr Kornienko, that it already has good experience in cooperation with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) on the construction of Terminal D at Boryspil International Airport.

"The next [project] is the construction of a bridge across the Pivdenny Buh in Mykolaiv using a loan from JICA. It will be a suspension bridge as part of the M-14 Odesa-Melitopol-Novoazovsk (towards Taganrog) international road," Kornienko said.

According to the official, the ministry has selected priority infrastructure projects to be implemented using funds from the national and local budgets, as well as companies' assets, loans, and private investments.

Japan, particularly, could join in the implementation of a number of railway, road, and subway projects.

"The most important project today is the construction of a railway station at the Darnytsia Station, and the construction of the Lviv- Krakowiec and Kyiv-Cherkasy-Dnipropetrovsk roads," the deputy minister said.

According to him, the list of priority projects includes also the construction of the fourth subway line in Kyiv - a 7-kilometer long section with six stations on the Podilsko-Vyhurivska subway line from Hlybochytska station to Raiduzhna station with the capacity of 40,000 passengers per hour.
quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:36 PM   #4263
quashlo

Tōkyū to build college town in Australia
http://e.nikkei.com/e/fr/tnks/Nni20121121D2111A07.htm

Quote:
TOKYO (Nikkei)--Tokyu Corp. (9005) plans to develop an academic enclave consisting of satellite campuses on the outskirts of Perth in western Australia.

The railway operator has experience developing college towns along its train lines in the Tokyo area. In Australia, it owns land in Yanchep -- roughly 50km up the coast from Perth -- and has already begun developing residential properties.

Tokyu's initiative to build an international campus city there will begin with Edith Cowan University. The public institution plans to establish a local campus. Tokyu President Hirofumi Nomoto is taking part in a signing ceremony Thursday.

The development will include classrooms, dorms, libraries and other academic facilities. With plans to attract satellite campuses of other institutions from around the world, Tokyu aims to build up the area into a city with 10,000 students by 2020.
Thanks to ukiyo for finding this… Been following this project for a while now, but it looks like it’s finally taking off.

In other Tōkyū-related overseas news, they have also broken ground on their first residential tower in Vietnam’s Bình Dương Province, the first part of the 110-ha Tōkyū Bình Dương Garden City development they are undertaking with local development corporation Becamex. Full press release:
http://www.tokyu.co.jp/contents_inde...ws/121121.html
Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:37 PM   #4264
quashlo

Kintetsu opens new station retail at Uji Yamada
http://www.chunichi.co.jp/article/mi...202000015.html

Quote:
 近畿日本鉄道は二十二日、来秋の伊勢神宮の式年遷宮を見据えて、伊勢市の近鉄宇治山田駅構内にショッピングモール「タイムズ プレイス うじやまだ」を開業する。二十一日に報道関係者に公開した。

これまでのモール「近鉄伊勢ストアー」を模様替えなどして新しくした。広さは延べ約千二百平方メートル。鳥羽市の開きエビフライ専門店「漣(さざなみ)」や名古屋市のすし店「丸忠」など駅自体への出店が初めての三店舗をはじめ、伊勢志摩地域の有名土産物店など計十三店舗が並ぶ。

モール内には伊勢市在住のジオラマ作家巽慎吾さん(40)と共同制作した、八十七分の一縮尺の鉄道ジオラマも設置。来年三月にデビューする近鉄の新型観光特急「しまかぜ」などの模型が、緻密に再現された伊勢の町をさっそうと走り抜ける。ジオラマには運転技術を点数で競うゲームも備えられ、鉄道ファンや家族連れに人気を呼びそうだ。モールの内装は神宮をイメージした白木を取り入れ、モール中央部には伝統工芸の「伊勢型紙」を使った大時計も設置された。

(中平雄大)

22日から新装開業するショッピングモール=伊勢市の近鉄宇治山田駅で

近鉄が市民と共同で制作した鉄道ジオラマ=伊勢市の近鉄宇治山田駅で
Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:38 PM   #4265
quashlo

JR Hokkaidō to retire ex-JNR 711 series
http://www.hokkaido-np.co.jp/news/economic/421566.html

Quote:
 JR北海道は、1968年に道内初の国鉄電車としてデビューし、車体が赤いことから長年「赤電車」として道民に親しまれてきた711系電車を、2014年度末で引退させる方針を決めた。老朽化により、新型車に代替する。

赤電車は68年8月、函館線(小樽―滝川)電化に合わせて導入。電化区間の拡大とともに、千歳線や室蘭線へも進出した。小樽―旭川間の急行「かむい」や札幌―旭川間ノンストップ急行「さちかぜ」にも使われ、ピーク時の85年前後は3両編成で38本が活躍した。<北海道新聞11月22日夕刊掲載>

半世紀近く「赤電車」として道民に親しまれてきた711系。観光キャンペーンの一環で、2本(6両)だけデビュー当時のデザインに戻されている
During the JNR era, they were used on Sapporo – Asahikawa express services (Kamui and Sachikaze). After the dissolution of JNR, several of the sets underwent major modifications to cope with increased rush0hour capacity needs as a result of urbanization in the Sapporo area, including conversion from two-door configuration to three-door configuration and from transverse seating to longitudinal seating. Currently, 16 three-car sets (48 cars total) remain at JR Hokkaidō’s Sapporo Yard, operated on the Hakodate Main Line (Otaru – Sapporo – Asahikawa), primarily north of Iwamizawa, and on the Sassh ō Line. All sets will be decommissioned by the end of FY2014.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:39 PM   #4266
quashlo

Redevelopment project at Futamatagawa Station South Exit kicks into gear
http://news.kanaloco.jp/localnews/article/1211220011/

Quote:
 相鉄線二俣川駅(横浜市旭区)の南口地区で再開発事業が動きだす。地権者らでつくる同地区市街地再開発準備組合は、早ければ年内にも本組合設立の認可を県から取得する見通し。計画通り進めば2018年3月に総床面積11万9千平方メートルの複合施設が完成する予定だ。

計画では、敷地面積約1万7400平方メートルに高層ビルなどの複合施設を建設。約400戸の分譲マンションとなる地上29階建ての住宅棟と、商業施設やオフィス、公共施設などが入居する低層棟で構成する。交通広場や区画道路なども整備する。総事業費は約350億円を見込む。

県から認可を受ければ速やかに再開発組合を設立。デベロッパーや商業施設の核テナントを選定した上で14年4月に着工を予定している。

南口にはバリアフリーにも対応していないなど課題が多いことから、市は11年に再開発計画案を都市計画決定。これを受けて準備組合はこのほど、県に本組合設立の認可を申請した。

二俣川駅は相鉄本線といずみ野線が分岐しており、1日平均8万人が乗降している。市は総合計画「ゆめはま2010プラン」で、二俣川駅と鶴ケ峰駅周辺地区に商業と文化機能などの集積を進める考えを打ち出している。

相鉄線と東急東横線が19年4月に予定している相互直通運転が始まれば、交通結節点である同駅は県内でも有数の主要駅となる。準備組合事務局は「相互直通により都心へのアクセス性が図られることから、二俣川駅前にも波及効果が出るだろう」と期待している。

相鉄線二俣川駅南口地区で計画されている再開発計画の完成イメージ図
Spurred by the planned Sōtetsu–Tōkyū Link, which will make the station one of Yokohama’s larger terminals. The station currently sees about 80,000 daily entries and exits, and the city’s master plan calls for concentrating retail and cultural functions at Futamatagawa and Tsurugamine.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:40 PM   #4267
quashlo

JR East announces redevelopment of Sakuragichō, Chigasaki stations
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNZO...2A121C1L82000/

Quote:
 東日本旅客鉄道(JR東日本)は根岸線の桜木町駅(横浜市)と東海道線の茅ケ崎駅(茅ケ崎市)を再開発する。投資額は計100億円前後となる。桜木町駅は改札口を新設するほか、高架下に商業施設を新設する。みなとみらい(MM)21地区の観光客増加に対応する。茅ケ崎駅は駅と駅ビルの延べ床面積を1.5倍に拡張する。辻堂駅前に昨年開業した大型商業施設に対抗する。

桜木町駅の改札口はこれまで関内駅方面の1カ所のみだったが、横浜駅方面に新設する。新しい改札口前には、高架下の未利用地に商業施設「シァル」を建設する。桜木町駅全体の店舗面積は3500平方メートルと、従来比6倍となる。

12月に着工し、2014年夏の開業を目指す。投資額は20億~30億円程度。駅構内に手荷物の預かり所も新設し、MM21地区などへの観光客の利便性を高める。耐震補強を施したり、24時間稼働できる非常用発電設備を導入したりするなど災害対応も進める。

茅ケ崎駅の再開発には70億~80億円程度を投資する。同駅の北口にある駅ビル「ラスカ」を駅上方と南側に増床する。地上7階建てで、延べ床面積は1.5倍の3万3000平方メートルに拡大する。店舗面積は1万2400平方メートルと8割増える。

13年1月に着工し、15年度中に開業する。食料品や衣料品店などのテナントのほか、保育園など子育て支援拠点も入居する。地域住民の生活に密着した施設を目指し、辻堂駅前に昨年開業した大型商業施設「テラスモール湘南」に対抗する。
Sakuragichō currently only has a single entrance at the south end, closer to Kannai, but will now get an additional ticketing entrance at the Yokohama end, as well as a new “Cial”-branded retail facility underneath the elevated tracks and a new baggage drop-off area, to deal with increased tourist demand generated by the Minato Mirai 21 area, Yokohama’s largest redevelopment area. Retail area at the station will increase by five times the current amount to a total of 3,500 sq m. Work will begin in December, with an opening scheduled for summer 2014. Project cost is around ¥2 billion to ¥3 billion. I suspect JR East may be feeling the heat a bit with the upcoming start of Tōkyō Metro Fukutoshin Line – Tōkyū Tōyoko Line through-services, which will make it easier for passengers from Ikebukuro, Shinjuku, and areas of Saitama Prefecture along the Seibu and Tōbu networks to get to Minato Mirai.

A short Machi-Log video of Sakuragichō. This is JR’s gateway to Minato Mirai, which has become perhaps Yokohama’s largest tourism asset.

Chigasaki Station will get around ¥7 billion to ¥8 billion worth in investments, focusing on expansion of the “Lusca” station tenant building at the station’s North Exit. The building will be expanded above the station and at its south end, increasing to a seven-story building with 33,000 sq m gross floor area, 1.5 times the current amount. Retail space will increase 80% to 12,400 sq m. Groundbreaking will take place in January 2013, with an opening sometime in FY2015. Retail tenants will primarily target local residents and include food- and clothing-related shops, as well as a nursery school, to compete with Terrace Mall Shōnan, which opened last year at Tsujidō Station.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:51 AM   #4268
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11248

Quote:
Originally Posted by quashlo View Post
METI feasibility study for Manila monorail project to be finished early 2013
http://www.bworldonline.com/content....-2013&id=60772
I am definitely looking forward to seeing the monorail done for Manila in the future because it would ease my commute between the Airport and my former home by bypassing the overcrowded main artery and go through a more pleasant portion of the Metro.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:14 PM   #4269
quashlo

Hiroden considers interlining Hakushima and Eba trams
http://www.chugoku-np.co.jp/News/Tn201211230029.html

Quote:
 広島電鉄(広島市中区)は、広島市中心部を走る白島線の路面電車を江波線に乗り入れる検討を始めた。来年2月から、3両編成の新しい超低床車両を白島線で運行するのに合わせて実施を目指す。

白島線はこれまで白島―八丁堀間の1・2キロを往復してきた。計画では、ラッシュ時を除き1日3~4往復、白島―江波間で運行する。実現すれば、乗り換えなしで白島から紙屋町方面へ行けるようになる。

現在、県警など関係機関との調整を進めている。電車が八丁堀交差点を右折する際の安全性などを確認した上で実施する。

新車両は、05年から運行している5両編成の超低床車両「グリーンムーバーマックス」より11・4メートル短い18・6メートルの3両編成。これまで超低床車両を運行していない白島線と横川駅―江波間で、来年2月からワンマンで運行する。23日にある「電車開業100周年記念祭」で越智秀信社長が新車両について公表する。

広電は、今後15年で超低床車両を40編成購入する計画。高齢者やベビーカーでも乗り降りしやすい電車を目指す。

2月から白島線などで運行する超低床車両のイメージ図
The proposed interlining would be implemented when new three-section articulated low-floor LRVs enter service on the Hakushima Line in February of next year. The new trams are 18.6 m, 11.4 m shorter than the five-section Green Mover Max articulated units currently operated on Line 1 and Line 2. Up until now, low-floor trams haven’t been operated on the Hakushima – Hatchōbori or Yokogawa – Eba sections (Line 9 and Lines 6 / 7 / 8, respectively), but Hiroden plans to purchase 40 new low-floor LRVs over the next 15 years. The article says only three to four roundtrips a day would do the interlining… Not sure if that’s a typo or not.

In related news, Hiroden celebrated its 100th birthday yesterday (2012.11.23), and the replica Taishō-era car (No. 101) was out running:

Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:15 PM   #4270
quashlo

Tōkyū considering adding platforms to Den’en Toshi Line Shibuya Station
http://www.nikkeibp.co.jp/article/ne...0423/?rt=nocnt

Quote:
 混雑の激しい東急電鉄の田園都市線・渋谷駅で、同社がホームの増設を検討していることが分かった。同社がグループを挙げて渋谷駅や駅周辺の再開発を加速させる一方、懸案となっている同線の混雑緩和にはめどが立っていない。解決策の一つが渋谷駅の改良で、ホーム増設によって列車の遅延抑制も目指す。

現状の渋谷駅は、1つのホームの両側に上下1線ずつを配した1面2線の構造になっている。全列車が原則として、渋谷から先の東京メトロ半蔵門線に直通することを想定しており、実質的には中間駅だ。朝のピーク1時間で29本の列車をさばいている。

改良計画では、現上下ホームを下り専用として使い、北側に平行して上り専用ホームを新設する。現上り線を新たな上下共用の線として使用する2面3線の構造に変える。
Missed this Nikkei BP article from August. An interesting bit of news, although it doesn’t seem like any other news sources are corroborating this. Rest of the article is members-only, unfortunately.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:18 PM   #4271
quashlo

Station aerials

Haven’t done these in a while, so here’s a few…

Yūkarigaoka Station
Keisei Main Line: 21,400 daily entries and exits (2011)
Yūkarigaoka Line: 640 daily entries (2008)
Yūkarigaoka is one of the more famous suburban “new town” developments in the Tōkyō area, located in Sakura City, Chiba Prefecture. Development began in the 1970s and consists primarily of detached housing, but the parcels closest to the development’s main station (Yūkarigaoka Station) contain four towers, with a fifth currently under construction. The guideway at bottom is the Yamaman Yūkarigaoka Line, a small automated system serving the entire site. Yūkarigaoka Station, connecting the Keisei Main Line and Yūkarigaoka Line, is just out of the frame at bottom right.

Source: http://building-pc.cocolog-nifty.com/helicopter/

Musashi Nakahara Station
JR East (Nambu Line): 33,000 daily entries
Located at bottom left, this is a minor station on the Nambu Line in Kawasaki. The large parcel shown here immediately north of the station is Fujitsū’s HQ and Kawasaki Factory. Due to building age, the company is planning a major redevelopment of this site into a major R&D hub, with most of the low-rise buildings proposed to be demolished.

Hamamatsuchō Station
JR East (Yamanote Line, Keihin–Tōhoku Line): 151,500 daily entries (2011)
Tōkyō Monorail: 105,000 daily entries (2011)
A somewhat minor station on the Yamanote Line loop, but important due to its function as the terminus for the Tōkyō Monorail. A huge redevelopment is underway at the West Exit of the station involving the replacement of the World Trade Center Building (black tower here) with a 390,000 sq m (gross floor area) project comprising five buildings to break ground in FY2013. The Tōkyō Monorail station is a single stub track, but will also eventually be double-tracked to allow for increased service (18 tph → 24 tph peak) and an expanded station concourse. Minato Ward is also planning a new east-west public passage to improve connectivity with the Shiodome area, the southern edge of which is located at the upper left corner of the frame.

Ōimachi Station
JR East (Keihin–Tōhoku Line): 95,000 daily entries (2011)
Tōkyū (Ōimachi Line): 127,500 daily entries and exits (2011)
Rinkai Line: 66,500 daily entries and exits (2010)
The Ōimachi Line elevated approach into its terminal starts at the bottom. This station isn’t on the Yamanote Line but is in the process of becoming a sort of secondary central Tōkyō terminal, especially with the opening of the Rinkai Line several years ago and the various upgrades to the Ōimachi Line to siphon passenger demand off of the Den’en Toshi Line. There’s multiple redevelopment projects underway around the station, including a couple of residential towers bringing about 870 units total.

Sangenjaya Station
Tōkyū (Den’en Toshi Line): 122,000 daily entries and exits (2011)
One of the underground stations on the Den’en Toshi Line, two stops away from Shibuya. The station is under Tamagawa-dōri, which also carries the No. 3 (Shibuya route) of the Tōkyō Metropolitan Expressway network (stacked viaduct shown here). One of central Tōkyō’s two remaining “tram”-type lines, the Tōkyū Setagaya Line, also has a terminal here, although it’s not directly connected to the Den’en Toshi Line station… You can see the at-grade terminal peeking in from the bottom left corner of the picture.

Old November 24th, 2012, 03:40 AM   #4272
quashlo

Rush hour vids

I realize I haven’t posted much railfan-type content since I’ve been fairly busy, so here’s some recent rush hour videos on various lines…

Morning rush on the JR Wakayama Line (2012.05)… Quite a variety of trains running.

Morning rush hour at Yamato Saidaiji, a major Kintetsu junction in Nara, on the Namba / Kyōto platforms (2012.06.14), 6x speed. This is a flat junction with lots of train traffic on both lines feeding in.

Morning rush at Sakō Station on the Meitetsu Nagoya Main Line (2012.08.28). Lots of action, with shots of JR trains mixed in.

Same place, but sped up 3x:

Old November 24th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #4273
quashlo

On the other side of Nagoya Station, at Kanayama (2012.08.28), 3x speed:

Morning rush hour at the grade crossing at Jingū-mae Station. With Meitetsu and JR parallel here, this is easily one of the busiest crossings.

Morning rush hour at Keikyū Kanagawa Station, 4x speed (2012.09.12). The sections where Keikyū parallels JR are fun, as there’s always plenty of trains.

Morning rush hour, Kanda Station (2012.08.10). Can see some minor bunching on the Chūō Main Line with a limited express from far out Yamanashi and beyond waits for a bit, but that’s expected given there’s only two tracks at Tōkyō Station.

Old November 24th, 2012, 03:43 AM   #4274
quashlo

Morning rush hour on the Tōbu Utsunomiya Line (2012.09.24). Very interesting to see the peak commute into Utsunomiya, as this is line doesn’t get much coverage given how far it is from the most of Tōkyō.

Morning rush at Shin-Koshigaya Station on the Tōbu Isesaki Line (Tōbu Sky Tree Line) (2012.03.13), on the Asakusa- and Oshiage-bound platforms. This is in the heart of the quadruple-track section, so lots of trains. I wonder if we can get some 50000 series sets for the Hibiya Line...

Part 1:

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0qOrHi--A4&hd=1
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgRDYO_HRe8&hd=1

Morning rush hour at Sōtetsu Yokohama Station, 10x speed:

Old November 24th, 2012, 03:44 AM   #4275
quashlo

And for busfans…

New Mercedes-Benz Citaro models running on Keisei Bus lines in Makuhari, Chiba. The warning signs in the back for drivers are quite telling, as articulated buses are a rarity in Japan…

And at the opposite end of the metropolis, some Kanagawa Chūō Kōtsū TwinLiner buses in Machida City:

Cab view on an articulated bus operating on Gifu Bus’s Seiryū Liner service between JR Gifu and Gifu University Hospital:

Old November 24th, 2012, 04:03 AM   #4276
SamuraiBlue

Likes (Received): 195

Quote:
Tōkyū considering adding platforms to Den’en Toshi Line Shibuya Station
http://www.nikkeibp.co.jp/article/ne...0423/?rt=nocnt

Missed this Nikkei BP article from August. An interesting bit of news, although it doesn’t seem like any other news sources are corroborating this. Rest of the article is members-only, unfortunately.
Do they have enough room down there?
Shibuya station with Toyoko line going under ground connecting to the Fukutoshin line and various piping and building foundation works makes it a very crowded underground.
By the way I heard that Shibuya Toyoko building would get a massive make over, I wonder what plans they have for the Shibuya station for the Ginza line?
SamuraiBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #4277
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Morning rush hour at the grade crossing at Jingū-mae Station. With Meitetsu and JR parallel here, this is easily one of the busiest crossings.
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your POV), the crossing was closed this year in July.

Quote:
Very interesting to see the peak commute into Utsunomiya, as this is line doesn’t get much coverage given how far it is from the most of Tōkyō.
Yes, and it's also a single track line, so the action is not as fast and furious as the bigger lines.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 01:31 AM   #4278
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 467

Quote:
JR East announces redevelopment of Sakuragichō, Chigasaki stations
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNZO...2A121C1L82000/
This will be great to see; They can slot in about 2-3 floors of retail under that viaduct at that point at Sakuragicho station. It will probably be something similar to the same thing they've done underneath the Shinkansen tracks at Shin-Yokohama, where they made a small one-story shopping arcade with 15 stores. It's connected to the much larger "CUBE" station tenant building next door and the Prince Hotel in front of it.
starrwulfe está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 01:48 AM   #4279
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiBlue View Post
Do they have enough room down there?
Shibuya station with Toyoko line going under ground connecting to the Fukutoshin line and various piping and building foundation works makes it a very crowded underground.
I also wonder how they're gonna pull that one off, since part of the tracks run directly over the Fukutoshin B4 level concourse as a "bridge" over the walkway. You can stand under it and hear trains just rumbling through every 3-5 minutes. I don't think they'd go deeper with another set of tunnels though-- they'd have to be under the Fukutoshin's B5 level, which is already really deep at around 40 meters I think. Stranger things have happened though.

Maybe they'll make it like Odakyu's project over at Shimo-Kitazawa station where they're deep-boring a set of tunnels for express trains at 35 meters now. They're going to build a second shallower set of tracks above that in the second phase of construction for the local lines.

More than likely, they'd just bore out the present tunnel on the sides and make it wider so they can slip in 2 extra tracks and another island platform. I can't wait to see some preliminary designs on this one. It is DESPERATELY NEEDED.

Quote:
By the way I heard that Shibuya Toyoko building would get a massive make over, I wonder what plans they have for the Shibuya station for the Ginza line?
It's not going to be a make over-- it's going to be a DEMOLITION and a new store building/office tower goes up in its place, along with a new JR and Ginza line Shibuya station (and a few other buildings too!) That's why Hikarie had to get built first, so Tokyu Corp can still have some retail at the station site while this happens.

Follow the progress here:
TOKYO | Shibuya Station District Redevelopment | 250m | 210m | 180m | 160m | 140m | Pro
starrwulfe está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 03:01 AM   #4280
SamuraiBlue

Likes (Received): 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrwulfe View Post
It's not going to be a make over-- it's going to be a DEMOLITION and a new store building/office tower goes up in its place, along with a new JR and Ginza line Shibuya station (and a few other buildings too!) That's why Hikarie had to get built first, so Tokyu Corp can still have some retail at the station site while this happens.

Follow the progress here:
TOKYO | Shibuya Station District Redevelopment | 250m | 210m | 180m | 160m | 140m | Pro
Where are they going to place the station while the construction is happening?
SamuraiBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote