daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 25th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #4281
smithrh

Likes (Received): 10

Just for the record...

It took me about 12 hours spread over 7 days to read this entire thread.

Many thanks to Quashlo for his informative posts!

I was last in Japan in the mid-90s and am planning to go back this spring, mainly to take in the infrastructure. I was there for work in the 90s and I didn't have time to do everything I wanted to do...

Hopefully people won't mind if I have a few questions. Almost all of my "learning" has been through YouTube videos, and since I don't speak or read Japanese, well, you can understand my happiness at finding an english-based discussion!

Thanks again, the posting in this thread (and the other Japan thread) are simply awesome.
smithrh no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #4282
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

Welcome to the forum... I'm glad you enjoy the threads.

I imagine things have changed quite a bit since the mid-90s, but feel free to ask anything... There's a pretty active community here, so someone will be able to provide at least some insight.

As for the expansion of the Den'en Toshi Line / Hanzōmon Line Shibuya Station, the article says this:

Quote:
 改良計画では、現上下ホームを下り専用として使い、北側に平行して上り専用ホームを新設する。現上り線を新たな上下共用の線として使用する2面3線の構造に変える。
In other words, they will build a new inbound platform and track (on the outside) to the north of the existing inbound track. The existing inbound track will then be converted to a center track for use in both directions, allowing for the complete segregation of inbound and outbound passengers onto separate platforms. There's a diagram here:
http://building-pc.cocolog-nifty.com...post-0443.html

In other words, it's a lot like the upgrades Tōkyō Metro is doing at Minami-Sunamachi Station, and I expect that Tōkyū would use it a lot like how Tōkyō Metro is planning to, with simultaneous arrival and departure for inbound trains to minimize delays associated with station dwells.
quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:14 AM   #4283
quashlo

Enshū Railway continuous grade separation complete
http://www.chunichi.co.jp/article/sh...502000080.html

Quote:
◆遠鉄助信-馬込川付近

遠州鉄道助信駅から馬込川付近まで三・三キロの高架開通式典が二十四日、浜松市中区の上島駅であり、臨時列車の運行や地元児童らによるくす玉割りなどで八年がかりの完成を祝った。

高架化は一九八五年に開通した第一期工事(新浜松駅-助信駅付近)を合わせると総延長五・二キロになった。国、県、市、遠鉄が総額二百九十七億円(今回工事百九十七億円)を投じ、七(三)駅を高架化し、四十一(二十一)の踏切を撤去した。

高架開通式典で、鈴木康友市長が「沿線周辺地域の民間投資が誘発されて、地域の発展につながることを願っている」とあいさつ。

遠州鉄道の竹内善一郎社長は「利用者に五十年、百年ご愛顧いただけるように努力していく」と述べた。

高架事業に伴い、助信、曳馬、上島の三駅はバリアフリーの高架駅としてリニューアル。通勤ラッシュ時に上下線で一本ずつ増便するなどダイヤを改正した。
A major grade separation project for this local private railway in Hamamatsu is now complete. The first phase between Shin-Hamamatsu and Sukenobu opened way back in 1985, but the second phase covering 3.3 km between Sukenobu and the Magome River opened yesterday (2012.11.24), marking the completion of the project. The entire project involved continuous grade separation of approximately 5.2 km of the line, elevation of seven stations (three in Phase 2 alone), and elimination of 41 crossings (21 crossings for Phase 2 alone), all at a cost of ₯29.7 billion (₯19.7 billion for Phase 2 alone). This is definitely one of the stranger elevated lines in Japan, as it’s a comparatively smaller railway than ones that typically do elevation projects, with only single-track.

HD views at Sukenobu Station and a cab view on the new elevated track (2012.11.24):

Clips of the old approach to the elevated structure, now no longer in use:

Old November 25th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #4284
quashlo

Results of Utsunomiya mayoral election could give new push to LRT plan
http://www.tokyo-np.co.jp/article/to...402000134.html

Quote:
 十八日に投開票された宇都宮市長選では、市内の東西を結ぶ基幹公共交通に次世代型路面電車(LRT)を導入する是非が争点に挙がった。導入を訴えた佐藤栄一市長が三選し、整備へ向けた流れは加速することになる。LRTを柱にした公共交通とは何か。あらためてまとめた。 (磯谷佳宏)

Q 市内の交通事情に、現在どんな問題があるの。

A 市民からは「朝夕の渋滞がひどく、通勤や通学などの移動が大変」「バスが遅れて困る」などの声がある。「時間通りに移動できる公共交通を整備してほしい」との要望もある。

Q そもそも「LRT」とは。

A 専用のレールを走行する路面電車。渋滞などに左右されず、正確な時間で運行され、輸送効率の高い乗り物としても知られる。既存の鉄道路線への乗り入れができ、低床式車両のため、車いすの利用者や高齢者も乗降しやすい。

Q でも、反対の声があるのはなぜ。

A バスを利用する人の中には、乗り換えが不都合と訴える声がある。車やトラックなどのドライバーには、LRTを設置したらかえって車線が少なくなり、車の邪魔になると反対の意見も。

Q お金もかかると聞いた。

A コストを懸念する見方はある。導入を計画する中心市街地と宇都宮テクノポリスセンター地区などを結ぶルート約十五キロで、市の試算によると、整備費は約三百八十三億円。公共事業への投資に世間の厳しい目が注がれる中「高すぎる」との異議がある。

Q 確かに高額な印象もある。

A ただ、市の構想では、二分の一は国の補助が受けられる見通し。残りの半分を、市と県で折半するといい、市の負担は九十五億円ほどになる。佐藤市長は「決して高い設備投資ではない」と主張している。

Q 道路を造るより安いのか。

A 市によると、例えば、宇都宮北道路(四・九キロ)の整備費は約四百四十億円で、一キロ当たり九十億円近くかかった。一方のLRTは、一キロ当たり二十五億円余り。ちなみに、専用レーンを設け、連節バスなどを用いたバス高速輸送システム(BRT)なら総額約百六十億円で、一キロ当たり十一億円ほどで済む。

Q いつごろまでにできる予定なの。

A 佐藤市長は「五、六年で完成したい」と言う。加えて「皆さんに利用してもらい『これはいい』と言ってもらえたら、宇都宮環状道路にも導入したい」と明かす。

Q 東西を結ぶだけではないの。

A 佐藤市長の構想には続きがある。「宇都宮環状道路は約三十四キロで、山手線より百メートル短いだけ。その内回り、外回りにLRTを配置できれば、南北、東西を含め、全国に負けない公共交通網が完成する。そこまでが、宇都宮の未来都市像」と青写真を描く。

An interview with the incumbent, who supports the LRT project and was elected to his third straight term. Maybe the project will actually some real progress on the ground now.
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #4285
quashlo

Keiō to open hot springs resort at Takaosan-guchi Station
http://mytown.asahi.com/tama/news.ph...00001211190001

Quote:
 京王電鉄(本社、多摩市)は、高尾山のふもとにある高尾山口駅に隣接する自社用地で、温泉掘削を始めたと発表した。温泉が出れば、天然温泉が楽しめる日帰り温浴施設「高尾山温泉(仮称)」を2014年夏にオープンさせるという。

京王によると、ミシュランで三つ星に選ばれ、年間250万人以上が訪れる高尾山だが、周辺に天然温泉はまだないという。登山客が汗を流してのんびりできる温泉があれば、地元はもちろん、遠方の観光客を引きつけて高尾山での回遊性が高まると、06年から検討してきた。今年10月から温泉掘削を始めた。

場所は、駅東側にある約3800平方メートルの駐車場。ここに鉄骨2階建て延べ約1800平方メートルの施設を建てる。宿泊はできないが、食事処やマッサージ施設などを併設するという。総事業費は約10億円で、年間約40万人の利用を目指す。

ただ、実際に温泉が出るかどうかはまだ分からない。同社の広報担当者は「出ても水温が25度以上など一定基準を満たさないと温泉とは認められない。開業を含めて、あくまで掘り当てたらという話です」と話している。(三嶋伸一)
Good to see Keiō, primarily a commuter-oriented private railway, taking advantage of perhaps their biggest asset, Mt. Takao, which sees 2.5 million visitors annually.
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #4286
quashlo

Mitsui Bussan to participate in wirelessly chargeable electric bus service in Milton Keynes, UK
http://mainichi.jp/english/english/n...na009000c.html

Quote:
LONDON -- An electric bus service using wireless charging at bus stops will be launched in the southern British city of Milton Keynes next summer, trading giant Mitsui & Co. has announced.

All eight vehicles on one of Milton Keynes's bus lines will go electric, their batteries automatically topped up at some bus stops equipped with charging apparatus, Mitsui said on Nov. 23.

The project is the world's first to replace all buses on a single rout with wirelessly chargeable EVs. The company plans to promote the project mainly in environmentally aware European cities after evaluating the Milton Keynes project.

Wireless charging is expected to be widely adopted for mobile phones and other electronics in the near future. The method utilizes electromagnetic induction, in which electricity that flows in one set of coils induces an electric current in the other coil when they are placed fact-to-face.

Mitsui has partnered with seven firms including a British engineering firm and a German charger maker to guarantee the electric buses will be able to run all day without a pit-stop at the depot to recharge. Three stops on the route -- the first, last and one mid-way -- will be equipped with the wireless charging equipment. The buses will pause for about 10 minutes at each charging station while waiting for passengers.

When it comes to public transportation, conventional plug-in EVs suffer from disadvantages such as service interruptions for recharging -- reducing profits -- and risk of electrical shock in rain or snow. Wireless charging, meanwhile, also reduces overall costs as the vehicles can be equipped with smaller batteries because they can be recharged frequently, according to Mitsui officials.

As batteries used in wirelessly rechargeable EVs are expensive, the vehicle purchase cost will be twice that for ordinary diesel buses. However, the annual fuel costs will be 1.55 million to 1.93 million yen less than that for diesel vehicles.

"Project investment costs can be recovered in five years," said a senior official with Mitsui & Co. Europe Plc.

The price of unplugged EV batteries is also expected to drop as the technology becomes more widespread, while rising crude oil prices and anti-global warming emissions regulations will likely also give the system a boost.

Mitsui has not decided whether to introduce the system in Japan.
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:20 AM   #4287
quashlo

If you can understand Japanese, you might find this somewhat funny / interesting… A bit of discussion on what wards of Yokohama actually qualify as “Yokohama” (according to Matsuko, anything outside of Naka or Nishi is not Yokohama, and Seya is the bottom rung), followed by some snarky remarks about the snootiness of people living along the Den’en Toshi Line and Tōyoko Line. The comments about the Den’en Toshi Line station names (how they all end in 野 or 台, “Tama Plaza”, etc. ) are hilarious… So interesting how whole identities and stereotypes can be crafted just by mentioning what station or line you live on.

Old November 25th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #4288
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11251

Quote:
Originally Posted by quashlo View Post
Keiō to open hot springs resort at Takaosan-guchi Station
http://mytown.asahi.com/tama/news.ph...00001211190001

Good to see Keiō, primarily a commuter-oriented private railway, taking advantage of perhaps their biggest asset, Mt. Takao, which sees 2.5 million visitors annually.
I think that would raise even more revenue for Keiō Railway, especially in the future that it will open something that would attract even more riders to go to Mount Takao from Tokyo. Can Amtrak, BART, or Caltrain do a similar move as Keiō, if not done already?

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #4289
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Can Amtrak, BART, or Caltrain do a similar move as Keiō, if not done already?
Well, how about the train to the Gilroy Garlic festival? Anyway, the thing is, Keio Rlwy. is a for-profit enterprise- its survival depends on finding and exploiting sources of revenue. The organizations above rely on the government for funding, so the need to innovate and seek new business is not as pressing (even if they should do it).
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #4290
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.k.jetcar View Post
Well, how about the train to the Gilroy Garlic festival? Anyway, the thing is, Keio Rlwy. is a for-profit enterprise- its survival depends on finding and exploiting sources of revenue. The organizations above rely on the government for funding, so the need to innovate and seek new business is not as pressing (even if they should do it).
Unfortunately, due to budget constraints, Caltrain has suspended its special service to the Gilroy Garlic Festival. However, Caltrain does provide extra services for various sporting and large outdoor events, including the Pride Parade and Bay to Breakers in San Francisco. What I was looking into is a possibility that any of the US rail operators could operate a business that is connected to the railway as either a "permanent, stand-alone" commuter or tourist attraction that passengers can go to anytime of year.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
Old November 25th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #4291
SamuraiBlue

Likes (Received): 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Unfortunately, due to budget constraints, Caltrain has suspended its special service to the Gilroy Garlic Festival. However, Caltrain does provide extra services for various sporting and large outdoor events, including the Pride Parade and Bay to Breakers in San Francisco. What I was looking into is a possibility that any of the US rail operators could operate a business that is connected to the railway as either a "permanent, stand-alone" commuter or tourist attraction that passengers can go to anytime of year.
Well they can invite property developers like Tokyu and private universities to develop a college town on the other side of the urban center and develop inexpensive dorms along the tracks. This way commuters will be moving both ways along the track instead of just one way during peak hours. This had been instrumental in generating revenue for the train operators.
SamuraiBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #4292
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiBlue View Post
Well they can invite property developers like Tokyu and private universities to develop a college town on the other side of the urban center and develop inexpensive dorms along the tracks. This way commuters will be moving both ways along the track instead of just one way during peak hours. This had been instrumental in generating revenue for the train operators.
That sounds like a very attractive option. I would put on my city planning hat soon and ask that question in a poll here so that I can explore the possibilities of developing a college town that is built around existing railway tracks. Stanford is a prime example; however, I don't know if the university was built before the railway that went through nearby Palo Alto or the reverse. Yet, I am open to that idea myself, especially it encourages more people to ride the rail to get to more destinations quickly.

Old November 25th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #4293
SamuraiBlue

Likes (Received): 195

Quote:
That sounds like a very attractive option. I would put on my city planning hat soon and ask that question in a poll here so that I can explore the possibilities of developing a college town that is built around existing railway tracks. Stanford is a prime example; however, I don't know if the university was built before the railway that went through nearby Palo Alto or the reverse. Yet, I am open to that idea myself, especially it encourages more people to ride the rail to get to more destinations quickly.
It's an incentive towards the train operators since commuters only travels one way at any given time heading towards city center in the morning and heading home in the evening. With this kind of ridership the trains heading back will always be virtually empty heading the other way. With people heading both ways on the line it reduces cost of moving trains empty by generating revenue.
This way you can also reduce the ticket cost providing benefit and incentive to promote further ridership.
SamuraiBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #4294
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Ah yes, the reverse commute. Caltrain has been criticized much for not catering adequately to this segment-check out the Caltrain HSR compatability blog, the argument pops up often on that site.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #4295
quashlo

Quote:
Can Amtrak, BART, or Caltrain do a similar move as Keiō, if not done already?
I think part of the problem in the U.S. is that there is no mechanism for value capture... Any monetary returns on a major investment in transit, outside of increased fare revenues, generally do not find their way back to the transit operator. As a private entity, it's much easier for Keiō to take on and benefit from these side ventures like land development, but in a public system, the government isn't necessarily in a position to be in the business of buying and developing land. Instead, public money is invested into transit and most of the benefits are absorbed by the private sector. Now some of that money may make its way back to the government through sales taxes, etc., and an even smaller share may eventually be re-invested into transit somehow, but there isn't a direct path to allow the transit agencies to capture all these benefits.

Obviously, there's plenty of opportunities... Imagine all the benefits if rail service was restored to Monterey... So many great tourism resources, but none of it currently tapped by transit. BART's got plenty of sprawling parking lots, but they have trouble just building a few hundred housing units, much less a real "destination"-type use. You can actually find examples of publicly-built destination-type uses near transit facilities easily enough, like the HP Pavilion in San Jose, but the actual synergy with transit is marginal at best.

As for Stanford University, there was definitely already at least some connection to the railroad. The Southern Pacific mainline between Los Angeles and San Francisco was already in operation well before the university was founded in 1891 by none other than Leland Stanford, the railroad magnate who established the Central Pacific and one of the Big Four (together with Collis Potter Huntington, Charles Crocker, and Mark Hopkins, Jr.) that initially purchased SP. Another example might be Bay Meadows... I'd have to do some research, but I suspect there was at least some connection to the SP in the beginning, and it used to have its own Caltrain stop on race days.

Last edited by quashlo; November 25th, 2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old November 26th, 2012, 05:18 AM   #4296
smithrh

I'm getting "post denied" - trying a simple post to see if it goes through...

Not sure what the problem is here, but it thinks I'm trying to submit a URL (which I'm not) or using a forbidden word...

In any case, thanks for the welcome - have there been any updates to the Tokyo map?
Old November 26th, 2012, 07:32 AM   #4297
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

What do you mean a "post denied" message? Probably because you may not yet be allowed to post URLs until you reach a certain threshold, or you would need to put the link in a code so that it would work.

As for the Tokyo map, what do you mean any updates: is it the rail and subway map you're referring to?

Old November 26th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #4298
quashlo

Perhaps your token expired... If you go into preview / advanced mode, I believe you usually have a fixed amount of time to hit preview or post (I think about 10 minutes or so) before it times out and your token expires. If you try and open a new window in preview / advanced mode, your old token will also expire.

If you are talking about my map, I haven't made any updates since v1.21 (October 2010)... Unfortunately, I'm having a few issues with my hard drive and Illustrator installation, so I haven't been able to really do any graphics work. I think the only major change should be the opening of Yumemino Station, with perhaps some other minor changes (completion of some grade-separation projects, new logos, etc.).
Old November 26th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #4299
smithrh

Quote:
Perhaps your token expired... If you go into preview / advanced mode, I believe you usually have a fixed amount of time to hit preview or post (I think about 10 minutes or so) before it times out and your token expires. If you try and open a new window in preview / advanced mode, your old token will also expire.
Thanks - but I type fairly quickly and it was a short reply, so it wasn't that. Nor was I attempting to put in a URL, so it was a head-scratcher.

Quote:
If you are talking about my map, I haven't made any updates since v1.21 (October 2010)... Unfortunately, I'm having a few issues with my hard drive and Illustrator installation, so I haven't been able to really do any graphics work. I think the only major change should be the opening of Yumemino Station, with perhaps some other minor changes (completion of some grade-separation projects, new logos, etc.).
Yep, I'm talking about your map. I didn't see any mention of it past Oct-10 in the thread. Awesome map! I'm going to see if my local printer can make a poster out of it.
Old November 27th, 2012, 08:14 AM   #4300
quashlo

Tōkyū re-enters overseas market with Vietnam venture
http://www.sankeibiz.jp/business/new...0500001-n1.htm

Quote:
 東京でも指折りのおしゃれな住宅地として人気の「二子玉川」など、東急田園都市線沿線の街づくりを丸ごと輸出する初のプロジェクトが動き出す。

同沿線を抱える東急電鉄は、ベトナム南部・ホーチミン市近郊のビンズン省で進む新都市開発計画に参画。東京ドーム二十数個がスッポリと入る約110万平方メートルの街区で、今月下旬から住宅開発に着手する。同社にはバブル当時の事業の国際展開で“苦い経験”があるが、少子高齢化の進む国内事業では成長は望めないとみて、再び海外に活路を開こうと大勝負に打って出る。

「バブルの辛酸」越え

「素晴らしい街並みだ。こうしたものをぜひ、ベトナムにも造ってくれないか」

昨年春に来日し、東急田園都市線の沿線を視察したビンズン省政府の関係者らは、東急の首脳陣にそう協力を求めた。

ビンズン省は、2020年にハノイやホーチミンと並ぶ政府の「中央直轄市」に“格上げ”される予定の発展著しい有力自治体だ。街づくりへの誘いは東急にとっても悪い話ではないが、当初は参入に躊躇(ちゅうちょ)した。

創業家の五島昇元社長が経営を担っていた当時、同社は旧・日本エアシステム(JAS)や東急観光などのグループ企業を通じて、海外でのホテル・リゾート事業に力を入れた。しかし、90年代に入るとバブル崩壊でこれらの事業は「お荷物となり、やみくもに出ていけない」(同社関係者)と、海外事業の拡大をタブー視する雰囲気が強まった。

だが今回、野本弘文社長は熟慮の末に勝負を決断。昨年10月の取締役会で「やってみましょう」と、ベトナム進出にゴーサインを出した。

急速に進む少子高齢化で、東急沿線の人口は、25年以降に減少に転じると予測されている。鉄道や不動産を軸とする国内事業だけではじり貧に陥りかねず、グループの成長維持には新たな収益源が欠かせない。

さらに、不動産開発出身の野本社長のビジネスの嗅覚が、今のベトナムはちょうど「右肩上がりの成長が続いた昭和40年代の東急入社当時の日本と似ている」と、商機をかぎ取ったことも決断の背中を押した。

東京都心から15~35キロ圏内の土地5000万平方メートルに、人口約60万人が住む日本最大の民間主導の街づくりを手がけてきたノウハウを新たな収益事業として生かさない手はないとの思いだ。

そこで野本社長は、今春発表した2012年度からの中期3カ年計画で、今後の成長の柱に海外事業への再挑戦を位置付け、かつてのホテル・リゾート事業から、軸足を不動産開発に変えて国際展開を推進することを社内に宣言。ビンズン省最大の複合企業ベカメックス社と、都市開発を手がける合弁会社「ベカメックス東急」(資本金8兆6000億ドン=約327億円)を設立し65%を出資した。

価格競争に陥らず

合弁が参画するビンズンの新都市開発は、ホーチミン市から北へ約30キロに位置する総面積1000万平方メートルの広大な土地に、現在の省都トゥヤウモットに代わる新省都をつくるという一大プロジェクト。13年に省政府の行政機能を移し省都に昇格させ、周辺には工業団地やオフィス・商業施設なども整備し、20年ごろには人口約12万5000人が住むイメージを描く。

東急は、ここに“ベトナム版東急田園都市”を開発する。戸建てやマンションの住宅約7500戸をはじめ、オフィスや商業・娯楽施設を整備する計画。まず11月下旬から、2014年度の完成を目指し、住宅エリアで約1500戸を分譲する予定の高層マンション(約30階建て)を建設する。20年度までの総事業費は約1000億円で、分譲とオフィス・商業施設の賃貸収入で収益を得る考えだ。

さらに、ビンズン省と共同でホーチミンと新都市を結ぶ路線バス事業を立ち上げることも検討する。鉄道とバスの違いはあるが、公共交通網の整備と不動産開発を連携する、まさに東急沿線と同様の「王道」のビジネスモデルで収益基盤を固める戦略だ。

海外、特に新興国では政策変更や景気急変などのリスクもあり、投資の焦げ付きや、投資の回収期間が長期に及ぶ“我慢”を強いられる可能性もある。

だが、ノウハウと一体となった街づくり輸出は、デジタル家電のような価格競争に陥ることがない。日本経済の成長の活路として期待される「パッケージ型インフラ輸出」とも重なるだけに、東急の挑戦は、新たな日本の輸出戦略を占う試金石にもなりそうだ。(西川博明)
A nice contextual article on Tōkyū’s effort to bring Den’en Toshi Line-style “garden city” urban planning to Vietnam.