daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 12th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #4501
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

Work proceeding on North Exit plaza at JR Ōsaka Station

Recent pictures(2012.12):
Source: http://saitoshika.blog119.fc2.com/

It’s been a while now since the main station building opened, but the North Exit was still a work-in-progress, waiting for Grand Front Ōsaka, the series of four towers at the north side of the station which are now nearing completion. The plaza is being designed by Andō Tadao, and will cover about 10,000 sq m directly at the main entrance of the station’s North Gate Building.

The pedestrian bridge connecting the North Gate Building and Grand Front Ōsaka at the second level is also taking shape.

Elevator entrance

The main street on the west side of Grand Front Ōsaka leading from the station. The opening of Suita Freight Terminal in March of this year will allow them to decommission Umeda Freight Terminal, shown here, and open up large new parcels in the immediate vicinity of the station for potential redevelopment and open space.

quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #4502
quashlo

Nankai and Tōkyū Land announce details of Ōsaka Municipal Subway station retail
http://www.sankeibiz.jp/business/new...1918020-n1.htm

Quote:
 南海電気鉄道グループと東急不動産は10日、大阪市営地下鉄御堂筋線の3駅で運営する駅ナカ商業施設の名称を「ekimo(エキモ)」に決めたと発表した。「駅も街の魅力をサポートする」などの意味を込めた。

大阪市交通局は、サービス向上などのため駅ナカ商業施設の運営管理者を募集し、南海などを選んでいた。大阪市営地下鉄として初の本格的な駅ナカ商業施設となる。

第1弾として天王寺駅の「ekimo天王寺」が4月18日にオープンする。ドラッグストアの「ココカラファイン」や、関西初出店となる服飾雑貨店「ロペピクニック パサージュ」など11店舗が決まった。年間18億円の売上高を目指す。

エキモは天王寺駅に続き、なんば駅で10月、梅田駅では2014年4月にそれぞれ開業する。

These will be ekinaka facilities at three stations on the Ōsaka Municipal Subway, and the first major station retail facilities for the subway system. Nankai and Tōkyū have selected “ekimo” is the brand name, with the first facility, ekimo Tennōji, opening on 2013.04.18 at Tennōji Station with a total 11 stores (approx. 615 sq m retail floor area). Ten tenants have already been selected, and target revenue is ₯1.8 billion annually. Facilities at Namba and Umeda Stations will follow in 2013.10 and 2014.4, respectively.
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #4503
quashlo

Nagoya City announces seismic reinforcement program for 2,500 subway columns
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNAS...10C13A1CN8000/

Quote:
 名古屋市は2013年度から市営地下鉄の構内や高架橋を支える鉄筋コンクリート製の柱の耐震補強に乗り出す。総額62億円をかけ、7年がかりで約2500本を補強する計画。南海トラフを震源とする巨大地震では名古屋市でも震度7が想定され、大きな揺れでも深刻な被害を招かない強度を保つのが目的だ。

市の計画では13~15年度の3年間で1091本、16~19年度に1448本の柱を補強する。ホームや構内の地下構造物が1933本、東山、鶴舞両線で地上部分の高架を支える柱は606本。

路線別にみると、名城・名港線が968本で最も多く、桜通線(436本)、鶴舞線(296本)、東山線(233本)と続く。ダイヤに影響が出ないように工事は営業時間外に実施する。

市は1995~97年にかけ、1000本以上の柱の補強を実施した。今回はそれ以来の大規模改修となる。11年3月の東日本大震災では、最大震度6強の揺れに襲われた仙台市で市営地下鉄の地上の高架橋部分を支えていた柱が大きく損傷した。多くは斜めに亀裂が走る「せん断」と呼ばれる破壊現象が起きたとみられ、復旧には1カ月半を要した。

市交通局は直ちに補強が必要な箇所はないとするが、「東日本大震災の後に仙台市の実例を踏まえて再検討したところ、以前はこれ以上の耐震補強が不要とされていた柱も補強の対象に入った」(浅井慶一郎・工務課長)と説明する。柱の補強では、鋼板や繊維強化プラスチック(FRP)のシートで柱を巻く方法がある。

交通局ではバス、地下鉄の事務所や駅ビル、変電所などの関連施設についても耐震補強を進めている。15年度までにバス施設ではターミナル上屋が5棟、営業所が2棟、地下鉄では駅上屋が3棟、ターミナルビルと事務所1棟ずつで耐震対策を急ぐ。13年度予算には耐震対策だけで今年度の9.5倍となる約15億円を盛り込む方針だ。
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #4504
Northridge

Likes (Received): 72

Can someone help me with finding some cab view videos from Tokyo Metro/Toei. I manage to find many good ones from JR east in Tokyo area, but when it comes to the metro I'm lost.
Northridge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 01:45 AM   #4505
quashlo

"Cab view" = 前面展望
"Tōkyō Metro" = 東京メトロ
"Toei Subway" = 都営地下鉄

If you need the Japanese name for specific lines, you can use Wikipedia.

Northridge liked this post
Old January 13th, 2013, 02:08 AM   #4506
Northridge

Likes (Received): 72

Thanks for that, I found many.
Northridge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 02:33 AM   #4507
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11243

@Quashlo So with the JR Υsaka station expansion for its north exit, that would mean thousands of commuters will be able to get around the station much more quickly than before... The question, though: will there be any impact on its current rail configuration and transfers to the Osaka Municipal Subway? Plus, how many additional platforms will be built in the process, and would those be for, say, the Osaka City Loop line?

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #4508
quashlo

It's more an open space and urban design project than actually improving the station infrastructure, although there is definitely a component of trying to improve access to the expanding Ume-Kita (i.e., "north Umeda" or "north of Umeda Station") area... With the opening of the new station building recently, I believe the JR station (not including the other operators' stations) should be close to 1 million passengers daily, and this without any active use of the land north of the station, which will only substantially increase that number.

Phase 1 of Ume-Kita is the four-tower Grand Front Ōsaka, but the larger part is Phase 2, the Umeda Freight Terminal site. Potential ideas for Phase 2 have ranged from open space, high-density development, and even a soccer stadium, the latter two of which have the potential to generate a lot of new passengers at the station.

While I don't think there's anything proposed in terms of material expansion of JR Ōsaka Station, there are other transit plans to go with all the Ume-Kita development, including a "Phase 3" extension of the Ōsaka Higashi Line south from Shin-Ōsaka to a new station on the freight terminal site (the so-called 北梅田駅), as well as potential stations on the proposed Naniwasuji Line and / or the proposed through-service connector between the Ōsaka Municipal Subway's Nishi-Umeda Station and Hankyū's Jūsō Station.
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #4509
quashlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northridge View Post
Thanks for that, I found many.
Sure.
Not sure if you want them, but you can also find side (window) views if you use 車窓.
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #4510
smithrh

Likes (Received): 10

OK, never mind. I'll use the test area of the site to fix my image link issue...

I do have some of those 1994 shots of Yamanote line trains and a few other shots, but it was 1994 and I was using a (gasp!) film camera. Nowadays I take hundreds upon hundreds of shots to get maybe a hundred good ones, back then it was take 72 and hope for 15.

These won't be spectacular shots, but probably interesting for some of you to see - once I figure out how to post them.

Last edited by smithrh; January 13th, 2013 at 08:10 AM. Reason: IMG tag confusion sorted out
smithrh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #4511
quashlo

Yes, please post more...

We usually have to dig around for quite a bit (sometimes without success) to find this type of material online.
Old January 13th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #4512
emyrr3096

Likes (Received): 519

Can anyone post more Busses in Japan areas
I'm really getting addict with Japan Transportation connection
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #4513
smithrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by quashlo View Post
Yes, please post more...

We usually have to dig around for quite a bit (sometimes without success) to find this type of material online.
Well, I spent a good chunk of time scanning, fixing, uploading, writing and such only to have my post denied.

Not to mention the 3 or 4 times the site kicked me out for "inactivity."

Any way around the denial? I really don't feel like making a post out of every picture to get around an artificial limitation.
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:11 PM   #4514
smithrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by emyrr3096 View Post
Can anyone post more Busses in Japan areas
I'm really getting addict with Japan Transportation connection
If you want Japanese buses, YouTube has vast amounts of them.

Heck, just one YouTube user will probably have enough content to make you quite happy: puku0987.

As you watch his videos, keep an eye on the right hand of the screen where YouTube shows "recommendations for you" and you'll see a lot more there as well.

This may not be the right thread for further discussion of busses, however.
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #4515
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithrh View Post
OK, never mind. I'll use the test area of the site to fix my image link issue...

I do have some of those 1994 shots of Yamanote line trains and a few other shots, but it was 1994 and I was using a (gasp!) film camera. Nowadays I take hundreds upon hundreds of shots to get maybe a hundred good ones, back then it was take 72 and hope for 15.

These won't be spectacular shots, but probably interesting for some of you to see - once I figure out how to post them.
Really like that Yamanote Train shot! Which station was it from? Indeed, that's a 205 series, and it must have gone a long way to what it operates now, the 233 series. Pretty interesting nostalgia piece.

Old January 14th, 2013, 04:15 AM   #4516
emyrr3096

Quote:

If you want Japanese buses, YouTube has vast amounts of them.

Heck, just one YouTube user will probably have enough content to make you quite happy: puku0987.

As you watch his videos, keep an eye on the right hand of the screen where YouTube shows "recommendations for you" and you'll see a lot more there as well.

This may not be the right thread for further discussion of busses, however.
I don't really like youtube

"This may not be the right thread for further discussion of busses, however."
Cab ask why?? The thread is "Tranportation Compilation" right?
So busses it's on the public transport huh?
Old January 14th, 2013, 04:17 AM   #4517
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Buses are indeed part of public transportation, so feel free to share your YouTube videos of buses from Japan. No one's stopping you from doing so. In fact, I encourage you to share your best videos and pics here... We'll gladly take a look at them.

Old January 14th, 2013, 04:29 AM   #4518
emyrr3096

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Buses are indeed part of public transportation, so feel free to share your YouTube videos of buses from Japan. No one's stopping you from doing so. In fact, I encourage you to share your best videos and pics here... We'll gladly take a look at them.
Thanks bro
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #4519
smithrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by emyrr3096 View Post
I don't really like youtube

"This may not be the right thread for further discussion of busses, however."
Cab ask why?? The thread is "Tranportation Compilation" right?
So busses it's on the public transport huh?
You know something, you're right!

I had associated this thread with urban RAIL but in looking at it again, it's Urban Transport!

But as far as your dislike for YouTube goes, well, it's a massive repository for videos from Japan. You'd be missing out if you didn't at least take a look.
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:39 AM   #4520
emyrr3096

Quote:

You know something, you're right!

I had associated this thread with urban RAIL but in looking at it again, it's Urban Transport!

But as far as your dislike for YouTube goes, well, it's a massive repository for videos from Japan. You'd be missing out if you didn't at least take a look.
Too much lookin for utube so kinda boring open utube

Yap it's public transportation so: city bus, couch bus, commuter train, mrt, couch train, tram, lrt, magelev, monorail, shinkasen is on the list! *dancing*

Hmm I know Japan is really massive on train services. with a bunch of train set And different type. So that's why in this thread so much pictures about Japan's train...