daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:32 PM   #4581
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

Accessibility improvements for Minami-Urawa Station
http://mainichi.jp/area/saitama/news...40121000c.html

Quote:
 JR東日本大宮支社は、JR南浦和駅の改札内にエレベーター3基を設置する。15年度までに完成させる予定で、武蔵野線と京浜東北線の両ホームを結ぶ連絡階段も設置して、混雑緩和を図る。

同社によると、南浦和駅は改札階の上の階に武蔵野線、下の階に京浜東北線が走る構造。エレベーターは、京浜東北線の大宮と東京方面の各ホームと改札階、武蔵野線西船橋方面のホームと改札階をそれぞれ結ぶ。

同駅にはエスカレーターがあるが、利用者からエレベーター設置を求める声が上がっていた。一方、改札外については、さいたま市が設置を検討している。【林奈緒美】
By FY2015, JR East will construct new elevators and stairwells to better connect the Musashino Line and Keihin–Tōhoku Line platforms at Minami-Urawa Station, relieving congestion inside station passages and improving accessibility. Currently, there’s only a single passage connecting the at-grade Keihin–Tōhoku Line platforms with the elevated Musashino Line platforms (see here), so all transferring passengers are funneled through this passage. I don’t have the full details of this project, but it likely involves a new stairwell from the Ōmiya-bound Keihin–Tōhoku Line platform to both of the Musashino Line platforms.

The other issue at the station is that there is a lot of platform congestion on the Musashino Line platforms due to the imbalance in headways with the Keihin–Tōhoku Line. Hopefully, this will improve when they improve the frequency on the Musashino Line from 5 tph to 6 tph.
quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:33 PM   #4582
quashlo

Mixed-use redevelopment at Sagami Ōno to open March 15
http://ryutsuu.biz/store/f012222.html

Quote:
相模大野駅西側地区市街地再開発組合と野村不動産は3月15日、神奈川県相模原市の相模大野駅西側に大型複合施設「bono(ボーノ)相模大野」を開業する。

bono(ボーノ)相模大野は、小田急線の相模大野駅からペデストリアンデッキで直結する約3.1ヘクタールの大規模再開発で、約180の店舗が集積する大型商業施設。

エリア最大級の飲食ゾーン「ボーノ横丁」やフードゾーン「エキヨコマルシェ」を展開する。

Shopping CenterにはZARA、ロフト、ブックファーストなどが相模大野・町田エリアに初出店する予定。そのほか、さがみはらアンテナショップ「sagamix(さがみっくす)」が初出店する計画だ。

施設概要
Shopping Center
所在地:相模原市南区相模大野3-2-1、2
事業者代表:野村不動産
店舗面積:約2万900㎡
店舗数:90店舗
駐車場:約700台
駐輪場:約4000台

North Mall/South Mall
所在地:相模原市南区相模大野3-2-1、2
事業者代表:相模大野駅西側地区市街地再開発組合
店舗面積:North Mall約3000㎡、South Mall約9000㎡
店舗数:約90店舗
A fairly large mixed-use redevelopment project will finally debut at Sagami Ōno Station, the junction of the Odakyū Odawara Line and Enoshima Line. It’s primarily a retail development, comprising a total of 180 stores and 32,900 sq m of retail area, with 700 auto parking spaces (11 floors) and 4,000 bike parking spaces (3 floors), but it also includes 308 family-sized condo units, 120 small apartments, and 8,600 sq m of community facilities. The development will be directly connected to the pedestrian deck at the north side of the station, which will continue straight through the site as a public passage.

Renders:

Tōkyū seems to get all of the attention in terms of nice suburban stations and neighborhoods, so I feel like Odakyū is a bit forgotten sometimes… Shin-Yurigaoka, Machida, and Sagami Ōno are all massive outer-suburban terminals, and there are some really nice stations closer in like Kyōdō, Seijō Gakuen-mae, and Shimo-Kitazawa.

Tour of Sagami Ōno Station and immediate surrounds (2012.10). You can see a bit of the construction for the redevelopment at 6:15.

Old January 23rd, 2013, 03:26 AM   #4583
quashlo

Fukutoshin Line / Tōyoko Line schedules finalized

Hot off the presses:
http://www.tokyometro.jp/news/2013/p...30122_1306.pdf
http://www.tokyu.co.jp/contents_inde...pdf/130122.pdf

The new schedules for the upcoming start of through-services between the Tōkyō Metro Fukutoshin Line and Tōkyū Tōyoko Line on 2013.03.16 (Saturday) have been finalized. As we already know, the physical extent of through-services will be to Shinrin Kōen on the Tōbu Tōjō Line (88.6 km from Motomachi–Chūkagai) and to Hannō on the Seibu Ikebukuro Line (80.5 km from Motomachi–Chūkagai).

In terms of basic schedule changes, all Fukutoshin Line trains will continue onto the Tōkyū Tōyoko Line, and most will continue all the way to Motomachi–Chūkagai Station on the Minato Mirai Line. There will also be increased local service between Shinjuku Sanchōme and Shibuya throughout the entire day, catering to Tōkyū passengers bound for Shinjuku. During the morning rush hour, the fastest services on the Tōyoko Line will now shave an additional two minutes off the travel time between Yokohama and Shibuya (37 min → 35 min for commuter limited expresses and 39 min → 37 min for expresses). On weekends and holidays, fast through-services will interline with both the Tōbu and Seibu networks, improving accessibility on leisure trips. Aside from a handful of express trains, all limited-stop services on the Tōyoko Line (limited express, commuter limited express, and express) will be upgraded to 10-car trains. Locals will remain eight cars.

To accommodate these changes, Hibiya Line through-services with the Tōyoko Line will be terminated at Naka-Meguro, and all Tōkyō Metro through-services will be shifted onto the Fukutoshin Line. Currently, Hibiya Line interline as far as Kikuna, and the number of trains starting or terminating at Kikuna will remain the same… They will just be shifted over to the Fukutoshin Line instead of the Hibiya Line.

Changes on the Tōyoko Line

Weekday morning rush hour (inbound)
Total service will remain 24 tph, but broken down as follows:
Commuter limited express: 4 tph (becomes express or commuter express on Fukutoshin Line)
Express: 4 tph (becomes express or commuter express on Fukutoshin Line)
Local: 16 tph (becomes local on Fukutoshin Line)

Through-services: 20 tph (2 tph will continue onto Tōbu and 6 will continue onto Seibu)
Ending at Shibuya: 4 tph

Weekday midday (both directions)
Total service will remain 18 tph, but broken down as follows:
Limited express: 4 tph (express on Fukutoshin Line)
Express: 4 tph (local on Fukutoshin Line)
Local: 10 tph (local on Fukutoshin Line)

Through-services: 14 tph (2 tph will continue onto Tōbu and 4 will continue onto Seibu)
Starting / ending at Shibuya: 4 tph

Weekday evening rush hour (outbound)
Total service will remain 20 tph, but broken down as follows:
Commuter limited express: 4 tph (express or commuter express from Fukutoshin Line)
Express: 4 tph (local from Fukutoshin Line)
Local: 12 tph (local from Fukutoshin Line)

Through-services: 16 tph (2 tph continuing from Tōbu and 3 tph continuing from Seibu)
Starting at Shibuya: 4 tph

Weekends and holidays
Similar schedule to weekday midday.

As usual, a lot of regular passengers are concerned about losing the potential to get a seat on their train now that the majority of trains will be through-servicing past Shibuya. On weekdays, Tōkyū will provide 4-6 tph locals terminating at Shibuya almost all day long, as well as 6 expresses starting from Shibuya between 22:00 and 24:00. On weekends and holidays, it will be 2-4 tph locals terminating at Shibuya for most of the day, with another 6 expresses starting from Shibuya between 19:00 and 21:00.

For weekends, they give some sample through-service travel times:
  • Yokohama 06:58 → Hannō 8:26
    Tōyoko limited express → Fukutoshin express → Seibu rapid express
    Total travel time: 1h 28m
  • Yokohama 07:42 → Kawagoe 09:07
    Tōyoko limited express → Fukutoshin express → Tōbu local
    Total travel time: 1h 25 m
Tōkyū will also implement minor changes to the location of women-only and low-AC cars to match through-servicing operators.

Changes on the Tōkyō Metro side
Midday travel times and frequencies for fastest through-services:
  • Fukutoshin express + Tōyoko limited express: 4 tph
    Yokohama ↔ Ikebukuro in 38 minutes
  • Fukutoshin express + Seibu express: 2 tph
    Shibuya ↔ Hannō in 58 minutes

Like the Tōyoko Line, all limited-stop trains will be 10-car formations. Most locals will be 8-car formations, but there will be some 10-car formations.

A simple tph diagram from the Tōkyō Metro press release (translations added by me) that should make it easier to understand the timetable. Important to note that this does not include Yūrakuchō Line trains between Wakō-shi and Ikebukuro, which would add a whole other level of complexity on top of all this due to the shared Yūrakuchō and Fukutoshin trackage between Wakō-shi and Kotake–Mukaihara.

Will be interesting to see how they manage this in the first week or so… There was a lot of passenger backlash right after the Fukutoshin Line opening in 2008 partly because they were unable to keep to the published schedules… A lot of regular passengers on the Yūrakuchō Line saw the Fukutoshin Line as the presumptuous newcomer screwing everything up, while some more knowledgeable railfans suggested simply pairing the Yūrakuchō Line / Fukutoshin Line and Seibu Ikebukuro Line / Tōbu Tōjō Line so that there were only two interlining combinations instead of four.

fieldsofdreams liked this post
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:55 AM   #4584
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Well,that answers the question of train service designations- they will simply change depending on the stretch of railway they are running on. So there will still be limited expresses on the Toyoko Line, and the kaisoku kyuko designation will remain only on the Seibu Lines.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:23 AM   #4585
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11248

It looks like the diagram is really helpful... By the way, is the Japanese character right next to a number means "trains"?

And also, it seems like many trains will do "short trips" (meaning a train will end earlier than doing the full trip)... Perhaps it's because if those trains continue all the way through, the ridership may not be justified to operate the whole length between Minato-Mirai and either Hannō or Kawagoe. I wonder then how the trains will end up operating the service, especially that five train types will operate on this very long service. And also, I want to ask: now with the upcoming service expansion, what do you think will the impact be in terms of passenger congestion on board trains during the rush hour? Will the overcrowding be reduced due to an increased number of trains, or will it increase even more due to its increased service accessibility to several train lines?

And one more thing: now that we see the Fukutoshin Line through-services, will it mean that the Hibiya Line will end at Naka-Meguro and turn around there instead of continuing on to Kikuna? If so, that would mean a transfer required somewhere to access the Tokyu Toyoko Line...

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:33 AM   #4586
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 467

that's how they do it now, K.K. You can watch as Tobu locals switch to expresses at the platforms of Wako-shi... Even locals change names in Japanese from 風通 to 客駅停車 too.

As it stands right now, I almost always have to stand up on the Toyoko line's Commuter Express to Shibuya in the morning. Sometimes I get a seat after Naka-Meguro because so many people transfer to the Hibiya line. I definitely get a seat on the Fukutoshin line since it starts from Shibuya, and the main traffic getting off my Toyoko train jumps onto the Ginza, or Hanzomon subways or the JR Yamanote line. I'm wondering just how crowded the Fulutoshin will be because of riders like myself who go up to (and past) Ikebukuro.
starrwulfe está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:37 AM   #4587
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams
By the way, is the Japanese character right next to a number means "trains".
It's "hon" and its a counter for long skinny things like pencils, sticks, and trains.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 08:25 AM   #4588
quashlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
And also, it seems like many trains will do "short trips" (meaning a train will end earlier than doing the full trip)... Perhaps it's because if those trains continue all the way through, the ridership may not be justified to operate the whole length between Minato-Mirai and either Hannō or Kawagoe.
The short-tripping is actually less than it seems just by looking at the diagram, and is mainly just the trips starting or ending at Ikebukuro and Shinjuku Sanchōme. The trips “disappearing” at Kotake–Mukaihara aren’t all terminating there… Most are actually branching off onto the Seibu network, as this is the junction with the Seibu Yūrakuchō Line. Similar thing for Wakō-shi. It’s primarily a Tōkyō Metro diagram and they weren’t overly concerned about showing what’s beyond these two stations, since it’s other companies’ trackage and would potentially complicate the diagram.

Quote:
I wonder then how the trains will end up operating the service, especially that five train types will operate on this very long service.
A lot of pre-planning and coordination… Frequently, the operators will open up their own railyards for overnight use by other companies’ rolling stock, so that trains aren’t forced to deadhead back to their home territory. My understanding is that they also try to craft the schedules so that the cumulative distance differential between the companies is negligible… If you think about it, when a company (e.g., Seibu) uses another company's rolling stock (e.g., Tōkyō Metro) on its line, they’re basically “leasing” the train for however long that track segment is, and we can assume the cost to lease is proportional to the distance traveled. Likewise, Tōkyō Metro is leasing Seibu trains whenever they run on Fukutoshin Line tracks, and they will usually try and make the total distances traveled with leased stock roughly similar so that the costs balance and cancel each other out.

Quote:
And one more thing: now that we see the Fukutoshin Line through-services, will it mean that the Hibiya Line will end at Naka-Meguro and turn around there instead of continuing on to Kikuna? If so, that would mean a transfer required somewhere to access the Tokyu Toyoko Line...
It will probably frustrate some people, yes, but there actually isn’t that much through-servicing between the Hibiya Line and the Tōyoko Line... Here is the weekday inbound (for Shibuya) schedule at Jiyūgaoka:
http://transfer.navitime.biz/tokyu/p...00790&updown=0

During midday, there’s only 2 tph interlining between the two, so most people have to transfer at Naka-Meguro anyways. The Hibiya Line uses different stock, as well (18 m, 3 and 5 doors), while the rest of the Tōyoko Line stock is standard 20 m, 4 doors.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:10 AM   #4589
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
that's how they do it now, K.K. You can watch as Tobu locals switch to expresses at the platforms of Wako-shi... Even locals change names in Japanese from 風通 to 客駅停車 too.
Indeed. I find it interesting that depending on the railway, the stoppers are either called "futsu" or "kakuekiteisha/kakutei".

*I think you meant to type ”普通”, ”風通” is a kind of weave, quite lyrical in its implications I may say
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:38 AM   #4590
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

That's what happens when you're trying to try stuff on your phone while walking. LOL
Yeah I meant "普通" not "風通" LOL

You really have to get really lucky to catch a Hibiya line train bound for Kikuna-- Even during the rush hours, it's a little rare. Since they run as locals, I can tell you NOBODY is catching them to ride all the way into Roppongi/Ginza/Ueno on one train from down here; They simply try to get an express and transfer at Naka-Meguro anyway. (I know *I* do this whenever I need to use that train.) This was the plan for a long time, so an extra storage/layover track was added just beyond Naka-Meguro on the south end, bringing the total to 3 tracks to turn Hibiya trains around.

Just like the Fukutoshin line, Hibiya line trains are operated by Tokyo Metro, Tokyu and Tobu--meaning there are 18m, 8 car trains from Tokyu specifically for Hibiya interlining. With that coming to an end, will these Tokyu trains also stop running now since it's technically not an interlining operation anymore? They could refurbish them and drop them on the Ikegami and Tamagawa lines since they also use 18 car lengths....also remember the 9000 series trains will disappear from the Toyoko line as well since they lack "one-man" equipment to run in the Fukutoshin line. Everytime I board one of these trains now, there's all sorts of "train paparazzi" snapping away enroute. I'm gonna miss these 20 year old trains.... Still think they'll get refurbed and end up back here somehow though.

As for the services coming off the Toyoko line and turning back at Shibuya and Ikebukuro, I wonder where they're going to turn those trains around... There are crossovers so it can be done, but the operators will have to hurry, run to the other end of the 8/10 car consist and pull back into the station before another train is scheduled.

OK, a few other bits and pieces I'll share from my commutes this week:

*Fukutoshin Shibuya station's Hikarie Gates are getting more turnstiles installed upping the number from 4 to 8.(Thank God -- it's a big bottleneck for me everyday here) Also remember, once the southern half of the platform opens, the other gates will open across the "rotunda" as well. This place is going to be VERY busy in about 50 days.

*The Toyoko line's current fleet of 5000 series trains are starting to get their Passenger Information Systems (PIS) displays and destination signs updated. The update brings freshened graphics matching their 4000 series brothers adding things like the new station numbers [TY##], updated transferring info, etc. They still keep the same 15" square LCD displays over the doors. The outside destination signs get a minor graphic update by adding a drop shadow to the service level part of the sign (local, express, etc) to make it "pop" against the colored background. This is probably a software update that's also adding the new destinations to the train's software as well. So far I've seen maybe 4~5 trains so far since last week with this update.

*Just today (about an hour ago) I saw a sticker on 5172F that said "8 CARS".

This is the same thing that Tokyo Metro does to it's 8 car trains running in the Fukutoshin line, to help passengers understand that the train that just stopped 10 meters too short is actually NOT a full-length train, and they should run down the platform into the train...Ok, that's what *I* do, but you get the idea.

*Finally, the posters promoting tourism along the new alignment that I posted last week have started rolling out on the trains. I spotted them on trains from each company since Monday.

*Nothing major in the construction department, but I will go over to Daikanyama this weekend and snoop around....

Last edited by starrwulfe; January 23rd, 2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:39 PM   #4591
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Some other things involving the Shibuya Connection will change as well in order to bring some uniformity:

Toyoko Line
**Women's Only Car moves from the #4 car to the #1 car on Tokyu trains to match the other railways. The times the rules are in effect are changing across the board too. Weekdays from first train until 9:30 am, both in and outbound trains.
This is much simpler than the mess we have now on the Toyoko line. Inbound during the mornings, Outbound during the evenings, and only on express services; locals are excluded. I always have to check my watch in the evening to see if I'm going to have to change cars halfway through my journey.

**Low Air-conditioning car moves from the #6 car (Tokyu, Tokyo Metro 8-car trains), #2 car (Tobu, Seibu) to the #7 car (8 car consist) or #9 car (10 car consist) on all trains.

Also, other news was released today from the other railway companies involved with the Shibuya Connection as well; any major schedule changes like this will always add the opportunity to change other services as well.

Tobu Tojo Line
*Adding 2 trains per hour on new midday "Rapid" (快速) service, both inbound and outbound. These trains will run limited stops in both in and outbound during the off-peak hours. Stops are all stops that the Rapid Expresses stop at during the evenings, but add Narimasu, Asaka-dai, Fujimino, and Wakaba stations.

*TJ Liner will get one train added, leaving Ikebukuro at 9:30pm during the weekdays. This brings the total number of the Limited Expresses leaving for Ogawa-machi to 10. They depart at the top and bottom of the hour between 6 and 10pm, with one more departure at 10:50pm. The weekend/holiday departures have one train hourly from 5 to 8pm, but we'll see 2 more departures added at 6:30 and 7:30pm, bringing the total number to 6 trains.
* Rapid Express (快速急行) trains will be added between Ogawa-machi/Shinrin Koen and Ikebukuro during the A.M. and P.M. rushes 7 days a week to help those wanting to get into Tokyo to work and shop, and also to help those leaving the nature areas in western Saitama after a day hiking and touring. Transfers will be timed at Wako-shi to help those wanting to head towards Shibuya & Yokohama.
* One or two trains will provide direct express services weekend mornings from Motomachi-Chukagai/Yokohama to Shinrin Koen/Ogawa-machi to help get people out there for a day of enjoying the nature, golfing, and playing in the parks.

Seibu Railways
Ikebukuro line
*Seibu Lions/Seibu Stadium direct service from Yokohama. If the Seibu Lions have a day game, 2 trains will provide direct services to Seibu Yakyujo station from Motomachi Chukagai and operate as an express along all 4 territories. In the event of a night game, just 1 train will run.
*Improvements made throughout the network to add additional trains during the early morning and late night hours.
*Additional express services to directly serve the Chichibu Railway in western Saitama.

Shinjuku line
*An additional stop will be made on the premium Ltd. Express trains servicing Hon-Kawagoe~Seibu-Shinjuku.
*Adjustments to frequency and train lengths to improve congestion on the line.

Northridge liked this post
Old January 23rd, 2013, 08:03 PM   #4592
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62889

And when the link-up is made work can start on the redevelopment of Shibuya station. The whole project will take 14 years to complete and will include op to 5 new skyscrapers.

This is how Shibuya Station will look like in 2027.

http://www.jreast.co.jp/press/2012/20130106.pdf

TOKYO 東京 | Shibuya Station New Station building East Tower 渋谷駅街区 新駅ビル東棟 | 230m | Pro

height: 210m
floors: 43
use: Station, Shops, Offices.
start: 2013 (construction 2015)
complete: 2020 (the East Tower), 2027 (other buildings)

View from the Shibuya crossing.

http://www.jreast.co.jp/press/2012/20130106.pdf

Tokyu Plaza redevelopment.

TOKYO 東京 | Dogenzaka 1-chome Station Front Redevelopment 道玄坂1丁目駅前地区再開発 | 120m | Pro

http://release.nikkei.co.jp/attach_file/0328602_01.pdf

info:
height: 120m
floors: 17
function: Shops, office
start: 2015
complete: 2018

TOKYO 東京 | Shibuya Station South Block Redevelopment 渋谷駅南街区再開発 | 180m | Pro

http://www.tokyu.co.jp/contents_inde...f/130123-3.pdf

info:
height: 180m
floors: ?
function: shops, office
start: 2013
complete: 2017

more info in the thread in the Skyscrapers section of the world development forum:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1494593

And when the construction will actually start you will also be able to follow it here on the Japan Projects & Construction section:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2663

starrwulfe liked this post
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:05 PM   #4593
quashlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
TOKYO 東京 | Shibuya Station South Block Redevelopment 渋谷駅南街区再開発 | 180m | Pro

floors: ?
Press release says 33 aboveground, 5 belowground.

Shibuya is going to get quite massive... Hikarie alone is 145,000 sq m, then you add the Station Block (270,000 sq m), the South Block (117,5000 sq m), and the Dōgenzaka Block (59,000 sq m), and the total new development is about 520,000 sq m GFA (almost 6.4 million sq ft GFA).
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:06 PM   #4594
quashlo

Ōbayashi, Sumitomo consortia in line for Jakarta MRT tenders
http://www.traveldailynews.asia/news...-s-underground

Quote:
JAKARTA - The Indonesian capital Jakarta will soon start construction of a metro system to try to unravel its infamous traffic jams, 26 years after the idea was first mooted, officials said Monday. The city administration and the central government finally agreed last week on how to split the cost, with 49 per cent to be paid by the central government.

The city initially wanted to pay 42 per cent of the cost but finally agreed on 51 percent, said Eko Hariyadi, a Jakarta administration spokesman. Hariyadi said construction would start this year, pending an announcement of the winner of the tender.Two consortia of Japanese and Indonesian construction firms, Obayashi-Shimizu-Wijaya Karya and Sumitomo-Hutama Karya, are competing for the work.

The Japan International Cooperation Agency has agreed to give a soft loan for the first stage of the long-awaited project, which will cost 15.7 trillion rupiah (S$2 billion) and is expected to be completed by the end of 2016, said Sutanto Soehodho, deputy governor for transportation and macro economy.

The city has spent nearly three decades discussing the merits of different mass transport systems to alleviate congestion in greater Jakarta, home to 20 million people.

Poor infrastructure is one of the main constraints on the growth of Southeast Asia's largest economy, experts say. It was hit by serious floods last week.

One thousand new vehicles hit the roads daily in the capital and it could face complete gridlock as soon as next year unless traffic problems are addressed, according to a study by the private Indonesian Transportation Society. Its chief Danang Parikesit said even the metro would not be the "silver bullet" to solve Jakarta's traffic problems.

"Other projects should be done as well to really address the transportation system," he told AFP.

Jakarta is one of the last major cities in Asia without a metro. Singapore inaugurated one in 1987, Manila in late 1984 and Bangkok in 2004.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:08 PM   #4595
quashlo

Tōkyū Hands to open new stores at Kagoshima Chūō, Ōita
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNZO...3A120C1LX0000/

Quote:
 九州旅客鉄道(JR九州)は22日、雑貨店大手の東急ハンズが2014年秋開業予定の鹿児島中央駅の駅ビル「アミュプラザ鹿児島」の別館と、2015年春に開業する大分駅の新駅ビルに出店すると発表した。JR九州は、集客力の高い東急ハンズをそれぞれ駅ビルの核テナントに据え、若年層の需要を取り込む。

東急ハンズは、11年3月開業の博多駅の新駅ビル「JR博多シティ」に出店して九州初進出。今年3月には熊本市の鶴屋百貨店に出店する。

アミュプラザ鹿児島別館では、4~6階の2400平方メートルに入居する。

新大分駅ビルでは3階に入居。売り場面積1900平方メートルに家電製品や衣料を含む生活雑貨を取りそろえる。

JR九州は新大分駅ビルにシネマコンプレックス(複合映画館)も誘致する計画。「アパレルを中心にアミュプラザ鹿児島くらいの(190店規模の)テナントを入れたい」(唐池恒二社長)としている。

東急ハンズの博多店は開業来、「想定を超える売り上げ」(同社)といい、JR九州は他の地域でも集客力が見込めると判断した。
Tōkyū Hands, a general merchandiser under the Tōkyū Group, continues its march through Kyūshū. Their strategy has thus far focused primarily on high-profile locations at train stations, starting with their entry into the Kyūshū market at JR Hakata City in Fukuoka in March 2011. This will continue the trend, with JR Kyūshū announcing that they will become anchor tenants at the annex to Amu Plaza Kagoshima (the station tenant building at Kagoshima Chūō) schooled to open in autumn 2014 and the new station tenant building at Ōita Station, scheduled to open in spring 2015. Tōkyū Hands is also opening their second store in Kumamoto City at the Tsuruya Department Store this March.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:09 PM   #4596
quashlo

Nishitetsu to enter special vehicle design
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNZO...3A120C1LX0000/

Quote:
 西日本鉄道は、バスやライトバンなどを改装・改造する特装車両事業に参入する。子会社で、車両修理を担当する技術者を活用、医療検診車などへのバスの改造を請け負う。西鉄グループは国内最大級のバス保有台数を誇る。バス関連事業は業績の低迷が続いており、新規分野への進出で、新たな収益源を育てる狙いだ。初年度の売上高として1億円をめざす。

バスの修理などを手がける子会社、共栄車体工業(佐賀県基山町)で今春、営業担当を含め40人態勢の新部門を発足、新事業を始める。

特装車両事業では、車体を切断したり、溶接するなどしてバスを改造。レントゲン撮影や採血、超音波診断などの医療機器が使えるように電気機器の搭載や配線工事を行う。

改造には車体設計や電装、溶接の技術が求められる。共栄車体は、西鉄グループで車体製造を手がけていた西日本車体工業(2010年10月解散)から受け入れた技術者のノウハウを活用。修理を担当する従業員に研修を施し体制を整える。

小型バスの改装も手がける。地方の自治体やバス会社がバス事業の採算改善をめざし、小型バスの導入を拡大している動きに対応。行き先を表示する電光掲示板や音声案内器を取り付けるなど、小型バスやライトバンに改装を施す。

共栄車体工業の13年3月期の売上高は約13億円の見通し。バス修理が主力で、全国から受注を獲得している。バス各社は保有台数を絞り込んでおり、修理事業は今後の成長が見込みにくいのが実情。新たな収益源の開拓が課題となっていた。

西鉄のバス事業の連結売上高は2012年3月期に615億円と5年前に比べ約8%、8年前に比べて13%減っている。
In more diversification news, Nishitetsu will create a new subsidiary for special vehicles such as medical vans and community buses. These will basically be retrofits and renovations of buses or vans for a variety of uses.

Apparently, Nishitetsu Bus has one of the largest bus fleets in Japan, and with a general decline in performance in their bus business, they are looking at new potential avenues of expansions.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:10 PM   #4597
quashlo

Tosa Electric Railway enters JV for woody biomass power generation
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNAS...20C13A1TJ1000/

Quote:
 出光興産は23日、高知県で木材を使うバイオマス発電事業に乗り出すと発表した。土佐電気鉄道(高知市)、高知県森林組合連合会(同)との共同出資会社を通じ、2015年4月から出力5000キロワットで発電を始める。出光の再生可能エネルギーとしては地熱、風力、太陽光に次ぐ4例目。森林事業者と組み燃料の調達ルートを確保し、小売りまで安定した事業に育てる。

出光が50%、土佐電と同連合会が25%ずつ出資し、23日付で土佐グリーンパワー(高知市)を設立した。準備金も含む資本金は2億5000万円。

新会社は高知市内の木材団地内に発電設備を建設。燃料製造から発電まで一体で手掛ける日本初のバイオマス発電所になるという。同連合会が集めた県産の未利用材を破砕・乾燥し、年間7万~8万トンのバイオマス燃料をつくる予定だ。

年間の予想発電量は約3600万キロワット時(約1万世帯分相当)。発電した電力の全量を出光の子会社が引き取り、土佐電や同連合会などに販売する。
An interesting example of diversification, and one that I think more and more railway companies, especially small, local operators like Tosa-den, will need to look at. Both JR Kyūshū and Tōbu recently announced their entry into solar power generation. Tosa-den will have a 25% stake in the JV, matching Kōchi Prefecture Forestry Union Confederation. Petroleum company Idemitsu Kōsan will have a 50% stake.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:11 PM   #4598
quashlo

Details of new elevated station and platform bridge at JR Kataoka Station unveiled
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/region/news...4190006-n1.htm

Quote:
 栃木県矢板市はJR片岡駅を橋上駅舎化することなどを盛り込んだ「片岡地区市街地整備」計画をまとめた。今年秋に本格着工し、平成27年度の完成を目指す。

計画によると橋上駅舎は広さ380平方メートル。このほか、東西自由道路(長さ87メートル)、駅西広場(広さ690平方メートル)、県道矢板那須線とのアクセス道路(長さ690メートル)、駐車場、駐輪場などを整備する。

今回の整備は多様な交通手段の乗り継ぎを円滑にするとともに、駅を地区の拠点として活性化を図る狙いがある。事業費は橋上駅舎が約12億円、駅西口整備が約5億円。

片岡駅は現在、西口がなく、西側の地域から利用する場合は遠回りしなければならない。地元から東西の連絡路などの整備について要望が出されていた。

橋上駅舎化整備が計画されているJR片岡駅のイメージ
This is a small station in Yaita City, Tochigi Prefecture on the Utsunomiya Line (Tōhoku Main Line), on the very outskirts of the metropolis. The new elevated station concourse will feature 380 sq m of floor area, but the plan also includes an 87 m elevated public passage across the tracks and through the station, a 690 sq m station plaza at the new West Exit, a new access road to the station, and new auto and bike parking facilities. Project cost is approx. ¥1.2 billion for the station building and ¥500 million for the improvements at the West Exit. Currently, this station has no access from the west side, and residents on that side of the station had to loop around to the east side.

Recent scenes at Kataoka Station (2013.01.13):

Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:12 PM   #4599
quashlo

Machida City to establish committee for monorail extension
http://mainichi.jp/area/tokyo/news/2...40241000c.html

Quote:
 多摩都市モノレールの町田方面への延伸を促進するため、町田市は2月4日、市議会や町田商工会議所などとともに「多摩都市モノレール町田方面延伸協議会」(仮称)を設立し、記念のシンポジウムを市文化交流センターで開催する。

多摩都市モノレールは現在、多摩センター(多摩市)−上北台(東大和市)間(約16キロ)で営業。00年の運輸政策審議会答申によれば、多摩センターからJR町田駅までの約13キロが八王子方面とともに「今後整備について検討すべき路線」に位置づけられたが、具体的な進展はない。

町田市は「多摩地域は都心に向かう鉄道路線に比べ南北に走る路線が少ないため、立川市などとの連携が弱い。近距離の客に町田の商業施設まで来てもらうためにも、モノレールが必要」(石阪丈一市長)として、協議会を作り、都などへの働きかけを強める。

課題とみられるのはモノレール建設に不可欠な足げたをかける道路の整備だ。多摩センターから町田駅までは都市計画道路が一部しか開通しておらず、道路とモノレールを合わせた建設費が多額に上るのは必至だ。

一方、00年の答申により、上北台−箱根ケ崎(瑞穂町)間(約7キロ)は「15年までに整備着手することが適当な路線」に指定されたが、都の事業化は決まっていない。この延伸地域内にあり都内26市で唯一、鉄道駅がない武蔵村山市では近隣の市町とともに都への要望を続けている。

八王子市では今のところ協議会設立の動きはないが「町田市の動きを見ながら対応を考えたい」(市まちづくり計画部)としている。【小林利光】
More info on this proposed 13 km extension from Tama Center (Tama City) to JR Machida Station, which would improve north-south transit service in the Tama area and connect Machida (after Hachiōji, the second largest municipality in Tōkyō Prefecture outside of the special wards) with Tama and Tachikawa.

The key in getting the extension built is progress on Machida’s roadway master plan, as the monorail will need this ROW to make it all the way down to Machida Station. Currently, only a portion of these key roads have been built, and it will require substantial investment to purchase ROW and construct both the road and monorail extension.

At the north end, Musashi Murayama City is pushing for the proposed 7 km monorail extension to Hakonegasaki. Apparently, Musashi Murayama is the only one of the 26 “cities” in Tōkyō Prefecture not to have a train station within city limits. There is no movement on the extension to Hachiōji.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:13 PM   #4600
quashlo

Tōkyō Metropolitan Government and MLIT resume talks on consolidation of Tōkyō Metro, Toei Subway
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/region/news...0540005-n1.htm

Quote:
 猪瀬直樹東京都知事は23日、太田昭宏国土交通相と面会し、東京メトロと都営地下鉄の経営一元化に向けた協力を求めた。太田氏は「利便性とサービスの向上についてはやっていかないといけない」と応じた。

猪瀬氏は大臣室にパネルを持ち込み、都営地下鉄の経営状況などを説明。東京の地下鉄を一元的に管理する事実上の持ち株会社「東京地下鉄ホールディングス」を都が作るという案などについて述べた。

会談終了後、取材に応じた猪瀬氏によると、太田氏は国と都、東京メトロによる協議に前向きだったという。その上で猪瀬氏は「運賃体系をひとつにし、乗り換えを容易にするため、乗客は一元化を望んでいる。経営一元化が本当の意味でのサービス一元化につながる」と語った。
Governor Inose’s plan involves the Tōkyō Metropolitan Government creating a new stock company (Tōkyō Subway Holdings) that would have administrative control over the unified subway. MLIT minister Ōta said he is hopeful about progress being made.

Governor Inose and Minister Ōta talk (2013.01.23):

Governor Inose speaks to the press after the talk: