daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 28th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #4641
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

Platform doors at Keiō Shinjuku Station

As part two of the platform door news, here’s pictures of the recently deployed platform doors at Keiō Shinjuku. Not yet operational.
Source: http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/genkipapa19990223/

quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:54 AM   #4642
quashlo

Construction updates: Kansai

Continuing the Kantō thread from late last year, here’s video updates on projects in the Kansai area… Apologies if some of the videos are not so great quality, but it’s extremely difficult to find any good content.

First is the continuous grade-separation (elevation) of the JR Hanwa Line surrounding Higashi-Kishiwada Station, another project I missed. The project is still in the early stages, but the switchout to the temporary inbound track was on 2012.10.13.

Inbound cab view from Higashi-Kaizuka to Higashi-Kishiwada (2012.10.20):

Continuation of above, Higashi-Kishiwada to Izumi Fuchū:

Next, Phase 2 of the elevation of 3.8 km of the San’yō Electric Railway Main Line around San’yō Akashi Station, from Ōkuradani to Hayashisaki Matsue Kaigan. Cab view from San’yō Akashi to Hayashisaki Matsue Kaigan (2012.10.10). Phase 1 between Ōkuradani and the Akashi River was completed way back in 1994, and work is just now picking up on Phase 2, comprising the western half.

Old January 28th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #4643
quashlo

Next project is the elevation of 1.8 km of the Hanshin Main Line surrounding Naruo Station, between Mukogawa and Kōshien. Cab view from Mukogawa to Kōshien (2012.10.31), after the switchout to the temporary outbound track on 2012.10.24:

Followed by the other Hanshin elevation project, encompassing 4 km of the Main Line between Sumiyoshi and Ashiya. Recent cab view from Uozaki to Ashiya:

Next, Hankyū Awaji Station, where the flat junction of the Hankyū Senri Line and Kyōto Line and surrounding grade crossings are being elevated and separated. First, some morning rush hour action (2012.12.27), with a portion of the stacked viaduct already in place. The activity almost gives the pre-underground Chōfu Station a run for its money.

Various clips in and around the station (2012.10.21):

Old January 28th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #4644
quashlo

Next is the continuous grade-separation (elevation) of the Kintetsu Nara Line in Higashi-Ōsaka City, between Hyōtanyama and Yaenosato. Cab view from Kawachi Kosaka to Higashi-Hanazono. Construction starts at 1:30.

Next, the elevation of 2.4 km the Nankai Main Line in Izumi Ōtsu City, between Matsunohama and Izumi Ōtsu. This is one where I missed the boat completely, as the elevated outbound track debuted way back in August of last year, so it’s technically complete.

When the outbound track was still at ground level (2012.07.28):

Clips at the fully elevated Izumi Ōtsu Station (2012.08.13). Unfortunately, it’s impossible to find any decent recent clips of the other two Nankai projects: Ishizugawa – Hagoromo (2.7 km) and Hagoromo – Takaishi / Kyarabashi (3.1 km + 1.0 km).

Old January 28th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #4645
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
The activity almost gives the pre-underground Chōfu Station a run for its money.
Yes, in fact the arrangement at Awaji is more complex than at Chofu, with more diamond crossings, including the opposite (down side) end that is less filmed:

track diagram
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #4646
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11245

So, question about platform doors:

I've seen in a few pics that there is an "indicator" with a black box that shows a red "X" mark. What does it imply: is it either the platform door set is out of service, is it the train is not properly aligned to the platform doors, or both? If so, what would be the marker that conductors need to look out for when it is operational so that the doors will open along with the train doors properly?

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #4647
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 464

that system looks to me like if it is X then the doors aren't aligned. When it turns into a green circle then the doors are aligned and the conductor can then open the doors. I'm sure must take a lot of finesse and practice to stop a train in precisely the right point though. Most newer systems have automatic train stop control. You might see it labeled on signs as TASC or ATP on the control panel of the trains. This system turns itself on right is the train is entering into the station at a certain speed and auto brakes the train into precisely the right position for the doors to open without the driver having to do anything.
starrwulfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #4648
quashlo

JR West signs agreement with Times24 for carsharing near stations
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/car/news/2...005079140.html

Quote:
 JR西日本グループは28日、自動車を共同利用するカーシェアリング事業を展開するタイムズ24(東京)と業務提携した。共同で使う車両を、JR西が保有する主要な駅周辺の土地に配備し、観光客らの鉄道利用を増やす狙いがある。

今年春からサービスを始める。新幹線の駅や、京阪神にある在来線の主要駅から車両を配備し、エリアの拡大を検討する。車両の保守はJR西の子会社の「JR西日本レンタカー&リース」(兵庫県尼崎市)が手掛ける。

タイムズは、同社が運営する時間貸しの駐車場の一部にカーシェアリングの車両を配備する事業をしている。会員は車両を使った時間や距離に応じて料金を支払う。
Service will begin this spring, with JR West offering up parcels under its possession near major train stations for use by carsharing pods. The focus will be on Shinkansen stations and major stations on zairaisen in the Keihanshin area. Maintenance will be performed by a JR West subsidiary (Nishi-Nihon Rent-a-Car & Lease). Times24 is primarily an operator of hourly-rate parking lots, but they have also been providing carsharing pods at some of their facilities.
Old January 28th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #4649
quashlo

Hanshin Sannomiya Station improvements to be completed 2013.03.20
http://www.kobe-np.co.jp/news/shakai...05702371.shtml

Quote:
 阪神電鉄は28日、神戸市中央区の三宮駅の大規模改良工事が3月20日に完了すると発表した。2007年10月の工事開始から5年半。東改札口の新設や折り返し線路の入れ替え、ホーム拡幅などを手掛け、西改札口の改良を最後に全工程を終える。西改札口周辺には小売り、飲食などの「駅ナカ」店舗を誘致し、利便性を高める。

総事業費130億円で、火災時の避難経路確保やエレベーター設置を目的に国などの補助を受けた。ポートライナーや商業施設「ミント神戸」につながる東改札口は昨年3月に新設され、本年度は西改札の改良を進めている。

西改札口では、計150平方メートルに地元の有名店などが入る。概要は2月上旬に公表予定。(高見雄樹)

阪神三宮駅西改札口のイメージ図
One of Hanshin’s higher profile projects, involving a slew of upgrades to their underground Kōbe terminal including reconfiguring the track layout to a more efficient design with a center track bay for turnbacks, widening the platforms, constructing a new East Exit, and improving the exiting West Exit. The West Exit will also now have a small ekinaka zone comprising a total of 150 sq m.

With a total project cost of ₯13 billion, work began in October 2007 with funding from the national government related to disaster evacuation routes and accessibility improvements.

Recent changes:

Continuing installation of ceiling / wall finishes:

Relocation of the station chief’s office to the south faregates

The day before the relocation of the West Exit faregates, and clips of the new LED blinkers installed at the platform edges:

Old January 28th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #4650
quashlo

Toyama Chihō Railroad Dentetsu Uozu Station to be relocated and replaced
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/e-japan/toy...OYT8T01004.htm

Quote:
 富山地方鉄道の電鉄魚津駅が新築移転されることになった。入居者がほとんどいなくなった現駅舎「電鉄魚津ステーションデパート」は解体し、隣接地にコンパクトな駅舎を新設。5月の完成を予定している。

現在の駅舎は1967年に完成。駅舎と一体になった4階建てのステーションデパートはにぎわい、当時は1日約8000人が利用した。だが95年頃にデパートが撤退し、2011年度の利用者数は1日平均約810人に激減。鉄道利用者は高架のホームに上がるため階段を使わなければならず、エレベーター設置の要望が上がっていた。

新駅舎は高さ約12メートルの2階建てで、延べ床面積は現駅舎の約10分の1の約230平方メートル。1階に改札や駅事務所、待合室などを置き、2階のホームに上がるエレベーターも設置する。

現駅舎の解体費用を含め、概算事業費は約1億4000万円。新駅舎が完成した後に現駅舎を取り壊す予定で、跡地には、魚津市がバス停留所や障害者用駐車場を備えた駅前広場を建設する計画だ。

26日には起工式が行われ、沢崎義敬市長が「周辺住民が待ち望んでいた事業。駅前広場の整備で、周辺商店街の活性化の起爆剤となれば」とあいさつした。

移転新築される電鉄魚津駅の完成イメージ(富山地鉄提供)
The current four-story station building (Dentetsu Uozu Station Department Store), completed way back in 1967, has lost most of its tenants and will be demolished, replaced by a compact station building on an adjacent parcel, scheduled for completion in May. When completed, the original station was used by about 8,000 people a day, but the department store left in 1995 and average ridership has dropped to about 810 passenges a day. The tracks are elevated at the station, and there were also some complaints about accessibility from the surface.

The new station building will be a 12 m tall, 2-story structure comprising a mere 230 sq m, about one-tenth the floor area of the current station building. First floor will house faregates, station offices, and a waiting room, as well as a new elevator to platform level. Total project cost is approx. ₯140 million. Once the old station building is demolished, the site will be converted to a station plaza with bus stops and parking for passengers with disabilities.
Old January 28th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #4651
quashlo

Kawasaki City closes budget account for subway project
http://news.kanaloco.jp/localnews/article/1301280024/

Quote:
 川崎市は28日、地下鉄(川崎縦貫高速鉄道)に関する高速鉄道事業会計を閉鎖すると発表した。3月をめどに、鉄道債を発行して賄っていた約20億円の借り入れを一括償還する。

同会計は、新百合ケ丘-武蔵小杉(当初計画は元住吉)間の地下鉄に関して国から許可が出たことを受け開設された。しかし、着工延期や許可廃止届の提出など、紆余(うよ)曲折を経てきた。

昨年は燃料電池など新技術を導入したコスト削減による整備が検討されたが、「30年までには」というめどが示され、地下鉄整備は事実上遠のいた格好。会見で、阿部市長は「研究には時間がかかる上、(JR)南武線の立体交差など優先すべき課題もある」と話し、地下鉄の優先度を下げたことをうかがわせた。

市の縦貫鉄道担当は「鉄道整備事業基金(111億円)の取り崩しも視野に一括償還を考えたい。新技術による鉄道整備は最長20年近くかかる可能性があり、いったん閉鎖する。時間はかかるが、整備は検討していく」と説明した。
This was the Kawasaki Rapid Railway project (sometimes called the Kawasaki Municipal Subway), which would have constructed a new subway line between Shin-Yurigaoka and Musashi Kosugi. They had been looking at new technologies such as fuel cell-powered trains in order to reduce the cost of the project, but after more detailed studies, they determined that more research would be needed, and that the timeline would mean at least 20 years before the project could be in service. As a result, the city will temporarily close the account for the project, focusing on higher-priority projects such as the grade-separations on the JR Nambu Line.
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:08 AM   #4652
quashlo

New alternative added to proposed Kagoshima tram extension
http://www.373news.com/modules/picku...?storyid=46027

Quote:
 鹿児島市が検討する鹿児島本港区への路面電車延伸へ向け、課題を協議する第3回検討連絡会議が28日、同市役所であった。ドルフィンポート前の「南北ふ頭線」を通過する市提示の5ルート案に、県から、より幅が広い「本港区線」を通るルートを加えるよう提案があり、検討対象に含めることを決めた。また、市は5ルート案の1日当たり利用者数を約1470人~約1990人とする需要見通しを示した。
 県は、南北ふ頭線を通るルートについて「2車線の狭い道路であり、1車線にするか、歩道や緑地をかなりつぶさなければならない」と指摘。「歩道などに比較的広い空間を有する本港区線を通るルートを追加してもらいたい」と提案した。
新たなルート案の具体的な経路については今後検討し、交通や需要見通しなどのデータを準備。次回の会議で他の5ルート案と併せて協議し、絞り込む。

This is a sixth alignment alternative to add to the five previously mentioned alternatives:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=3364

This new alternative follows the wider Honkō-dōri, which may be more attractive than an alignment down Nanboku Futō Road.

Kagoshima trams in miniature:

Old January 29th, 2013, 03:09 AM   #4653
quashlo

Keihan Main Line Neyagawa / Hirakata grade-separation project applies for local master planning approvals
http://www.kentsu.co.jp/webnews/html...125700043.html

Quote:
 大阪府は、京阪電鉄京阪本線(寝屋川市・枚方市)の連続立体交差事業と関連の都市計画道路変更などを2月8日開催の府都市計画審議会に諮る。承認されれば、今春に都市計画の変更決定を告示。2013年度中に国の事業認可を得て、用地買収に向けた測量などに着手する考えだ。
 事業延長約5・5㌔で、枚方市域約3・4㌔、寝屋川市域約2・1㌔。区間内の対象駅は香里園駅、光善寺駅、枚方公園駅。踏切除却は21カ所。旧国道170号と国道1号との交差部は、高架より高い「高高架区間」。香里園駅は橋上駅となる。
 高架は、仮線方式と別線方式を条件に合わせて採用。「仮線方式」は、香里園駅周辺などで導入。高架橋の用地を確保し、高架橋を施工後、現在線の計画線に切り替える「別線方式」は、光善寺駅~枚方公園駅間などで採用。対象3駅の駅前広場整備や駅舎のリニューアルを併せて実施する。高架の構造は、鉄筋コンクリートラーメン高架橋、PC桁橋、鋼桁橋。駅ホームの形式は、香里園駅が島式、光善寺駅と枚方公園駅が相対式。
 関連都市計画道路の変更は、枚方八尾線(枚方市・寝屋川市)、木屋郡線(寝屋川市)、木屋田井線(寝屋川市)。枚方中継ポンプ場を含む寝屋川北部流域下水道の変更も併せて行う。
 順調に進めば、19年度に着工。28年度の完成を目指す。
 事前評価時点の概算事業費は全体で約900億円。調査費22億円、工事費678億円で、他に着工準備事業費として4億円を見込む。工事費の内訳は、▽高架351億円▽軌道・電気192億円▽駅舎工事105億円▽側道30億円。
Small update on this project… General details in a previous post:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=2796

Ōsaka Prefecture will apply for approval of master plan changes in February with the Prefectural Urban Planning Council. If things go well, approvals from the national government could come sometime in FY2013, allowing them to begin surveys in preparation for land acquisition.

This is a fairly big grade-separation project, and will eliminate a total of 21 grade crossings on the Keihan Main Line. The crossings with National Route 1 and the old National Route 170 will be designed as super-high viaducts. Kōrien Station will be upgraded with a platform bridge and elevated station concourse to allow for full separation of pedestrian traffic from the tracks. Construction will be carried out using 仮線方式 (constructing temporary tracks off to the side then constructing the new elevated tracks in the existing alignment) around Kōrien Station and other locations, while 別線方式(constructing the new elevated tracks off to the side of the existing alignment) will be used between Kōzenji and Hirakata Kōen and other locations. The platform configurations should remain the same: Kōrien (4 tracks) will be island platforms, while Kōzenji and Hirakata Kōen (each 2 tracks) will be side platforms. Once complete, the Keihan Main Line all the way from Yodoyabashi to Gotenyama (23.5 km) will be fully grade-sep’d.

Estimated project cost is ₯90 billion. Project schedule remains unchanged (groundbreaking in FY2019, completion in FY2028).

Cab view of the segment in question, from Hirakata-shi to Neyagawa-shi. Taken from a Yodoyabashi-bound express starting from Kuzuha, operated by an 8300 series. Can see how narrow the existing alignment gets, particularly at Kōrien (4:40 and 6:00).

Old January 29th, 2013, 03:11 AM   #4654
quashlo

Department store battle heats up in preparation for Tōyoko Line through-service
http://www.tokyo-np.co.jp/article/ec...902000116.html

Quote:
 東急東横線と東京メトロ副都心線の相互乗り入れが三月十六日に始まる。沿線の池袋、新宿、渋谷、横浜の四大ターミナル駅周辺には大手百貨店の看板店が集中するが、「直通化」で人の流れが変わることも予想される。各店は新たな客の呼び込みや常連客の死守に懸命だ。 (伊東浩一)

「新宿三丁目駅から二十分圏内になる東横線の田園調布駅周辺までが商圏に加わる」

東横線と副都心線の直結への期待が大きいのが、新宿三丁目駅から徒歩二分の伊勢丹新宿本店だ。

新宿三丁目駅は相互乗り入れで一日の乗降客が一万八千人(18・4%)増えると見込まれる。もともと東横線は沿線に田園調布、自由が丘などの高級住宅街を抱え、所得が多い中高年層は百貨店好きだ。業界では「伊勢丹の独り勝ちもあり得る」との声も上がる。

伊勢丹新宿本店は二〇〇八年に副都心線が開通して西武池袋線、東武東上線が乗り入れた時も埼玉方面からの買い物客が増加。売り上げが5~10%伸びた。担当者は「当時を上回る効果を期待している」と鼻息が荒い。現在、九十億円を投じた大改装中で、三月六日にリニューアル開業の予定。東横線沿線で初めて新聞折り込み広告を配布することも決めた。

一方、乗り換えがなくなり乗客の「素通り」が懸念されるのが渋谷駅。それでも東横店などを持つ東急百貨店の広報担当者は「直通運転で利用客が増えることはチャンス」とみる。四月上旬までに東横店を改装し地下街の「フードショー」と老舗菓子店が並ぶ「のれん街」を地下一階に集めて「一大食のフロア」を築く予定だ。

ただ東横店は渋谷駅周辺の再開発でまず東館が三月末に閉館。将来は閉店し二八年までに四十三階建ての一棟、十三階建て二棟の商業ビルに改築される予定。百貨店が残るかは決まっていない。

横浜駅前の百貨店は買い物客が新宿や池袋に流れることが懸念されるが、高島屋横浜店は「埼玉方面から中華街などに観光に来たついでに寄ってもらえる」と期待。池袋駅前の西武池袋本店も「横浜からの電車の本数増が、買い物客の増加につながる」とみる。

今後の百貨店間の争いについて、三菱総合研究所の堀健一主任研究員は「渋谷の百貨店は一時的に買い物客が減ることもあり得るが、将来の開発後は再び成長する可能性もある」と予想。その上で「各店は広範囲の店を意識した戦いを迫られ品ぞろえやサービスで一層気が抜けなくなる」とみる。

<東急東横線と東京メトロ副都心線の相互乗り入れ> 渋谷と和光市を結ぶ副都心線は既に西武有楽町・池袋線、東武東上線と相互乗り入れしている。3月16日には、やはり渋谷がターミナル駅の東横線とも直通運転がスタート。これにより横浜-池袋間は最速38分で直結する。

Another take on the secondary effects of the Tōyoko Line / Fukutoshin Line through-services… Several large department stores are concentrated at four major stations on the through-services:

Yokohama: 2 stores (Takashimaya Yokohama store, Sogō Yokohama store)
Shibuya: 3 stores (Tōkyū Department Stores Tōyoko store, Tōkyū Department Stores flagship, Seibu Shibuya store)
Shinjuku Sanchōme: 2 stores (Isetan Shinjuku flagship, Takashimaya Shinjuku store)
Ikebukuro: 2 stores (Seibu Ikebukuro flagship, Tōbu Department Stores Ikebukuro store)

The through-service will allow these stores to attract customers over a wider area. In particular, Isetan’s Shinjuku flagship saw 5-10% growth in revenues when the Fukutoshin Line fully opened in 2008, bringing in passengers from Saitama via the Seibu Ikebukuro Line and Tōbu Tōjō Line. They are hopeful that the new through-service will bring similar benefits, and are actively marketing to Tōyoko Line residents with newspaper ads and ₯9 billion renovation. The through-service is expected to increase ridership at Shinjuku Sanchōme by 18,000 passengers daily (18.4% increase).

In contrast, Tōkyū is a bit worried that many of its regulars will now be skipping Shibuya altogether, although they are also carrying out a renovation, as well as moving forward with redevelopment of the station and surrounding area. Yokohama is also a bit worried about losing customers, but hopes that it can balance that out with visitors coming to Minato Mirai and Chūkagai from Saitama, some of whom may stop by Takashimaya and Sogō.
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #4655
quashlo

Wheelchair lifts on buses have yet to take off
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/national/ne...OYT1T00846.htm

Quote:
 赤字経営が多いバス会社にとって高額な設置費や座席数の減少などが敬遠の理由とみられ、同省は今年度から自動車課税の軽減を打ち出したが、普及は進んでいない。

制度は、00年11月施行の高齢者や障害者による公共交通機関の安全利用の促進を目指す交通バリアフリー法(06年からバリアフリー法)に基づき、経費の原則4分の1を補助し、その上限は190万円となっている。

高速バスやリムジンバスは構造上、座席下の貨物スペースが必要で、同省は制度の導入でリフト設置を進めようとした。しかし、費用は通常400万円ほどかかり、あるバス会社関係者は「費用が重荷で、座席数も減るため、採算が取れなくなる」と打ち明ける。リフト付きは昨年度、全体の3%(438台)にとどまっている。

同省は普及率25%を目指し、今年度からリフトを設置したバス会社に対し、自動車取得税と自動車重量税の軽減を決めたが、実績はゼロ。同省の担当者は「バス会社への働きかけを強化したい」としている。

国土交通省が2000年から高速バスやリムジンバスなどを対象に始めた「車いす用リフト新設補助制度」が利用されていないことがわかった。
Installation cost is the biggest factor, as many bus companies already operate in the red, but the loss of seats is also a factor. According to the Transport Accessibility Law, the MLIT can cover one-fourth of the cost of the lifts, up to a maximum of ₯1.9 million. The actual cost of the lift is about ₯4 million, though, and currently only 3% of buses (438 vehicles) have lifts as of last fiscal year. The MLIT’s target is 25%, and in order to accelerate installation, they have already reduced the automobile acquisition tax and automobile weight tax starting this fiscal year, but to no effect. The Wheelchair Lift Installation Grant Program established by the MLIT in 2000 for highway coaches and airport express buses has also yet to take off.
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #4656
quashlo

New bike lanes near JR Gifu Station make their debut
http://www.gifu-np.co.jp/news/kennai...53_19221.shtml

Quote:
 岐阜市加納栄町通の県道の車道に自転車専用レーン「普通自転車専用通行帯」が設けられ、28日、運用が始まった。県警によると、道交法に基づく交通規制として車道に設けられたレーンは、県内初という。

レーンが設けられたのはJR岐阜駅20+ 件に近い約430メートル区間。車道両端の幅1.5メートルが青色に塗られ、起点と終点には標識も取り付けられた。逆走防止を呼び掛けるサインポール16本も立てられた。

岐阜南署の昨年の調査で、同区間の自転車の通行量は1時間当たり最大約200台と多い。歩行者と自転車を分離し、互いの安全を確保する目的でレーンを設けた。

この日は同署員が朝夕に交通指導を行い、時折署員が逆走する人に注意し、レーンを周知していた。同署交通課の栄裕二係長は「浸透には時間がかかりそう。高齢者や子どもは無理せず歩道の車道寄りを走行して」と呼び掛けていた。

車道に設けられた自転車レーンを走行するよう呼び掛ける岐阜南署員=岐阜市加納栄町通
The lanes are 1.5 m wide and feature colored pavement, running for approximately 430 m near JR Gifu Station. Bicycle traffic on this section is heavy, reaching as much as 200 bikes per hour.
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #4657
quashlo

A video update (2012.11.05) of the new Kawarayu Onsen Station on the Agatsuma Line… This is being constructed as part of the Yanba Dam work, as the existing Agatsuma Line alignment and station will be submerged:

Currently, the platforms are now finished, and they are working on the station building and a platform bridge over the tracks, scheduled for completion in 2014.
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #4658
quashlo

North Exit redevelopment at Ōizumi Gakuen Station breaks ground
http://www.shukan-jutaku.com/np/news...ticle_id=47365

Quote:
 西武池袋線大泉学園駅北口(東京都練馬区)に27階建ての複合建物を建設する市街地再開発事業が1月29日に着工した。権利者であり参加組合員でもある野村不動産が保留床を取得して住宅を分譲し、同じく権利者の西武鉄道グループが商業施設を保有・運営する。15年春の竣工予定。

再開発ビルと駅前広場、道路を一体的に整備して駅前アクセスの改善と商業環境の活性化を図る。

再開発ビルは高層棟と連続した4階建ての低層棟で構成。5~27階を168戸のマンションに充てる。
 高層部には制震構造を採用して地震の揺れを軽減し、非常用発電機や各フロアに設置する備蓄倉庫などで防災対応を強化する。住戸は2LDK~4LDKの多彩なプランを用意するほか、ゲストルームやライブラリー、スカイデッキ、屋上庭園といった豊富な共用施設も設ける。

地下1階から地上4階は西武プロパティーズが運営する駅前商業施設を配置する。2つの銀行も入居し、3階には駅とバスターミナルを結ぶペデストリアンデッキを整備。
5階には区民事務所や地域活動支援センターといった公益施設が入居する。
This is a redevelopment project along the Seibu Ikebukuro Line being executed by Nomura Real Estate and Seibu Railway Group, comprising a 27-story highrise (168 units) with a four-story podium. NRE is responsible for the residential portions of the project, while Seibu is handling the retail facility.

This is a typical suburban station development, and will include a station plaza and access roads to improve station access. The development will be connected at the third floor to the train station and bus terminal via a pedestrian deck.

Render:
Source: http://urbanreallife.blog52.fc2.com/

If you remember, the Seibu Ikebukuro Line is also being quadruple-tracked and grade-separated (elevated) between Nerima Takanodai and Ōizumi Gakuen. Cab view of the construction (2012.11.04):

Old January 29th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #4659
quashlo

MLIT earmarks ₯150 million in FY2013 budget for rail studies in Tōkyō area
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/economy/new...7580024-n1.htm

Quote:
 鉄道新線の調査費補助金として1億5千万円が計上された。羽田、成田両空港と東京都心のアクセスを改善するため、都営浅草線の押上-泉岳寺を結ぶバイパス路線の調査や、27年に東京-名古屋で開業予定のリニア中央新幹線の調査費用などに充てる。

バイパス路線の中間には東京駅に隣接する「新東京駅」を新設し、両空港間を直通運転する予定。新東京-成田の所要時間は、東京発のJRを利用する場合より17分早い36分、乗り換えの必要がなくなる新東京-羽田は9分短縮の18分となる。

調査は東京都や千葉県などと共同で実施する方向で、民間資金の活用の可能性などを探る。

一方、リニア新幹線の調査は、深さ40メートル以上の地下トンネルでの防災対策などを検証する。
The earmark covers studies related to the new rail link between Oshiage and Sengakuji that would allow for a faster connection between Haneda and Narita, bypassing the Asakusa Line, as well studies related to disaster prevention and other project elements related to the Chūō Shinkansen maglev.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:34 AM   #4660
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11245

Question on the Asakusa Line rail bypass for Haneda—Narita: should that happen in the near future, will the trains used on the line be similar to the ones used today (owned by JR), or will it be something else? Also, if that's to materialize, what do you predict will be the estimated time savings for using the bypass? I hope subway-style trains will also be used on that service so that commuters can have a choice whether to ride the limited express trains (similar to the E259 on the Narita Express) or a regular commuter or subway-style train.

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote