daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 18th, 2013, 05:55 AM   #4821
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

San’yō Electric Railway may be grade-separated at site of crossing accident
http://mainichi.jp/area/hyogo/news/2...40425000c.html

Quote:
 高砂市の踏切で起きた山陽電鉄脱線事故で、現場が市道であったことを重くみた市は15日、国や周辺企業、警察などとの協議の場を設け安全対策を講じる考えを示し、「将来、立体交差10+件などを検討したい」との構想を明らかにした。

同日の市議会建設環境経済常任委で、生嶋洋一、北野誠一郎両市議が「市の道路行政が後手に回っていないか」などと事故について質した。これに、まちづくり部は毎日新聞取材に「関係機関協議を検討中。(現場)市道は、線路をまたぐか、くぐらせるか、将来構想を持っている」とした。【高橋一隆】
quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2013, 05:56 AM   #4822
quashlo

JR West to offer special ICOCA card for tourists
http://osaka.yomiuri.co.jp/e-news/20...htm?from=main3

Quote:
 JR西日本は、人気キャラクター「ハローキティ」をデザインした外国人観光客向けICカード乗車券「ICOCA(イコカ)」=写真=を関西空港駅で販売している。海外でも人気の「キティちゃん」にあやかり、鉄道利用が多い個人旅行客を呼び込む狙いだ。

昨年7月に発売した「風神雷神図」に続くオリジナルデザインの第2弾で、着物姿のキティちゃんと大阪城をあしらった。3月には全国のIC乗車券の相互利用が始まることもあり、需要が見込めるという。

カードには2000円分が入金済み。関空から特急「はるか」と在来線を利用して京都、大阪、神戸に行くことができる割引切符付きで、片道用は3000円、往復用は4000円で販売する。対象は短期在留者のみで購入には旅券が必要になる。

One for the card collectors…
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:43 AM   #4823
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line/Tokyu Toyoko Line Shibuya Connection Update
I can't take a detailed look at the schedule as I'm at work, plus the pdf is not the most legible document, but, the termination of some locals at Shinjuku 3 chome is interesting. The use of Kikuna as the start/end of local services presumably taking over the pathing of the current Hibiya Line trains is also of note.

Reaction from the Japanese railfan blogosphere seems to be mainly "OMG still lots of 8 car trains!", but that development nothing of a surprise given the platform lengths currently on the Toyoko Line.

Station-specific type timetables aren't the best medium for seeing the big picture of a line's operations, I look forward to seeing the paper timetable (jikokuhyou type) or even better, a string diagram- now that would be a treat to see!

Starrwulfe, this Tokyu notice has some interesting info, though alot you already mentioned in your post:
http://www.tokyu.co.jp/railway/railw...ya_kaisei.html

*I see the document above is included in the ebook you linked to. Very nice of Tokyu indeed in providing the information.

Last edited by k.k.jetcar; February 18th, 2013 at 09:18 AM.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #4824
Blackraven

Likes (Received): 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by quashlo View Post
One for the card collectors…
Indeed =)

By the way, is there a complete list of all IC card and smart cards in use in Japan?
Blackraven está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #4825
k.k.jetcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Indeed =)

By the way, is there a complete list of all IC card and smart cards in use in Japan?
I think quashlo had a post about the transport IC cards a while back, with a diagram showing the extent of interchangeability. Here is a pic of most of the major ones, including those used for shopping, like nanaca (seven&I holdings) and waon (Aeon):
http://cdn-ak.f.st-hatena.com/images...jpg?1284287973
Old February 18th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #4826
DoctorWunderlich

Likes (Received): 0

Hi,

Does anyone know what will ultimately happen to the Nagareyama line? I drove it last year and it had lots of charm but I wonder if the arrival of the Tsukuba express will not mean that the Nagareyama line will cease to exist one day and be replaced with feeder busses to the Tsukuba express stations.
DoctorWunderlich no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #4827
k.k.jetcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWunderlich View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know what will ultimately happen to the Nagareyama line? I drove it last year and it had lots of charm but I wonder if the arrival of the Tsukuba express will not mean that the Nagareyama line will cease to exist one day and be replaced with feeder busses to the Tsukuba express stations.
It certainly has lost a lot of passengers due to the opening of the Tsukuba Express Line. Apparently it has kept operating by selling real estate assets as well as cutting labor costs by converting to one man operation of trains. The city of Nagareyama is making efforts to include the railway in its planning schemes- perhaps something akin to the Wakayama Dentetsu efforts in attracting passengers is worth a try. It first needs to have an official website- it's the only passenger railway without one in Japan.

example-
Wakayama Dentetsu Website:
http://www.wakayama-dentetsu.co.jp/
English:
http://www.wakayama-dentetsu.co.jp/i...kayama_eng.pdf
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #4828
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.k.jetcar View Post

I can't take a detailed look at the schedule as I'm at work, plus the pdf is not the most legible document, but, the termination of some locals at Shinjuku 3 chome is interesting.
I guess there's a pocket track or something around there. I get really look around in that direction go because they're working on the Marunouchi Line stairwell that connects to the platform above on that line. Just going to have the right 11 day and find out. At any rate 2 trains per hour in the mid day terminate there.
Quote:
The use of Kikuna as the start/end of local services presumably taking over the pathing of the current Hibiya Line trains is also of note.
Well they had to do something with around with all the trains are trying to push onto the line.
Quote:
Reaction from the Japanese railfan blogosphere seems to be mainly "OMG still lots of 8 car trains!",
I thought the same thing. But there's enough 10 car trains to ho around too.
Quote:
Station-specific type timetables aren't the best medium for seeing the big picture of a line's operations, I look forward to seeing the paper timetable (jikokuhyou type) or even better, a string diagram- now that would be a treat to see!
The 時刻表 is out March 2nd.
I also want to get my hand on a string diagram somehow. Especially to see something about where those trains that end up in Shinjuku turn around.

Last edited by starrwulfe; February 18th, 2013 at 06:48 PM.
starrwulfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #4829
quashlo

There is a center siding at the north end of the station... It was built precisely to allow for Tōkyū trains to turnback:
http://www.toqfan.com/blog/2007/02/03/fukutoshin
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:39 AM   #4830
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 469

Thanks Quashlo. Forgot about that track layout from awhile ago. Also forgive my last post. I was extremely sleepy trying to write that last night and nodded off in the middle of it!

I knew they'd be turning around at Ikebukuro for some AM rush hour trips and also towards the end of service everyday to get trains back towards Motosumiyoshi Yard for storage, but never knew there was a pocket track past the north end of Shinjuku 3chome since it immediately goes into a slope for the double-decked Nishi Waseda station ahead. This is also how some trips on the Den'en-Toshi line turn back at Shibuya too. Only there it's weird because the pocket track is on the outbound side of the station so trains needing to head back out to Chuo Rinkan need to arrive on track 1, "back" out into the pocket track, then "back" in to track 2. Would be nice if they could get that 3rd track built into their part of Shibuya station a la Toyosu station... But will it ever happen I wonder.

Tokyu may push for it since they seem to want Shibuya to be their hub of activity. As part of the Toyoko Line's undergrounding, they've discontinued the "Triangle Ticket" which gives a reduced all day fare on the triangle of lines formed by the Den'en-Toshi, Oimachi, and Toyoko lines, since you'll be able to make all transfers inside the faregates. Instead they will equalize the fares on those segments and create a type of reduced fare zone in that area.
starrwulfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #4831
quashlo

JICA, Bangladesh sign loan deal for Dhaka Metro
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=269799

Quote:
The government and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) will sign a Tk 1,040 crore loan agreement today for construction of the country's first-ever metro rail system.

The 20.1 kilometre-long metro rail system between Uttara Third Phase and Motijheel would cost Tk 22,000 crore, with Japan providing 85 percent of the project's cost at an interest rate of 0.01 percent.

The agreement to be signed today entails the first-phase of the project, with the sum to be used for building infrastructure for the system and rehabilitate the affected, communications ministry officials said.

Representatives of Economic Relations Division (ERD) and JICA will sign the agreement at the capital's Ruposhi Bangla Hotel.

The two sides will sign a separate deal for the rest of the funding for the project at a later date, the officials said.

The project has recently gained momentum after a nearly three-year delay over the route of the metro rail, with the government deciding to appoint a consultant to prepare a detailed design for it.

Three companies -- two Japanese and one French -- have been short-listed for the design consultancy job and were asked to submit their technical and financial proposals. As per the revised target, the main construction works of the metro rail will begin in 2016 and complete in 2021.

The metro rail project, the country's second largest infrastructure project next to the $2.9 billion Padma bridge project, became uncertain last year when the proposed rail route was modified for the second time following objections from the air force.

The route running across Bijoy Sarani was diverted towards Khamarbari, which irked JICA.

JICA, however, did not desert the project and waited for the government to finalise the route, find a place for a depot and form a company that will eventually operate the metro rail.

The metro rail, according to JICA's assessment, will operate every three minutes and carry 60,000 passengers an hour.
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #4832
quashlo

New express bus between Heiwa-dōri and Hiroshima Airport
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/e-japan/hir...OYT8T01561.htm

Quote:
 広島市の平和大通り周辺にあるホテル10社でつくる協議会は18日、広島電鉄と共同で、同大通りから広島空港(三原市)へのリムジンバス「平和大通り線」を、3月31日から運行する。広電が、中国運輸局への認可を申請中。1日4往復で、年間7万~8万人の利用を見込む。

路線は、停留所「平塚町」(中区)を発着点に、広島バスセンターなどを経由。同空港までを約70分で結ぶ。

協議会は昨年4月から、同空港を利用する宿泊客の利便性を高めようと、定期バスの運行を検討。年間のホテル稼働率が7割程度という状況などから、同空港発着の東京便を使う宿泊客に利用を促せば採算が取れると判断した。

料金は大人片道1500円(小学生以下は半額)。赤字が出た場合、各ホテルが規模に応じて負担する。

2011年度には、同様のルートで県と広島市がバスを試験運行。しかし、周知が不十分だったこともあり、平均乗客数は1台当たり2・8人にとどまった。協議会の荒木潤一会長は「ホテルの強みを生かし、宿泊客に直接PRしていきたい」と話した。
The service will be operated by Hiroshima Electric Railway (Hiroden) and a liaison committee of 10 hotels in the Heiwa-dōri area of Hiroshima City. Service will start on 2013.03.31 with four daily roundtrips via the Hiroshima Bus Center in Kamiyachō, terminating at Hiratsukachō. Annual ridership is forecasted at 70,000 to 80,000 passengers. Occupancy in the hotels is around 70% and they expect that the service will be profitable. There was a trial service on a similar route operated in FY2011 by Hiroshima City, but it didn’t do too well due to poor publicity.
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #4833
quashlo

Ōsaka CCI submits recommendations on privatization of Ōsaka Municipal Subway
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNAS...10C13A2LDA000/

Quote:
 大阪商工会議所は19日、大阪市営地下鉄の民営化に関する意見をまとめ、橋下徹大阪市長や大阪市議会各会派に郵送した。開会中の議会で2015年度からの株式会社化を確実に議決するよう要望したうえで、経営の自由度を高めるため将来の株式上場を求めた。

経営の安定・発展を目的に、鉄道を軸にした総合鉄道・地域開発会社への脱皮も提言した。具体的には「駅ナカ」への商業施設誘致などで収益機会を増やすほか、通路改修や運賃割引を打ち出して主要駅の地下街など沿線集客施設との連携を強化すべきだとした。

大阪市営地下鉄8路線のうち、黒字なのは御堂筋線など4路線にとどまる。大商は「地下鉄の乗客数は減り続けており、経営は先細り。一刻も早く民営化を実現する必要がある」(経済産業部)とみている。
Notable recommendations included expanding the privatized subway into a comprehensive railway / urban development business to ensure stability and positive growth (yes!!!). In particular, they called for increasing revenues by attracting retail facilities into stations and strengthening cooperation with major passenger attractions along the subway (such as underground malls at terminal stations) by redesigning / renovating connecting passages and introducing fare discounts.

Currently, four of the eight lines in the subway network generate profits. Eventually, the plan is to have the privatized subway listed on the stock exchange, as is planned for Tōkyō Metro.
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #4834
quashlo

Kaetsunō Bus to operate Japan’s first LPG hybrid bus
http://www.hokkoku.co.jp/subpage/K20130219303.htm

Quote:
 加越能バス(高岡市)は3月1日から、国内初となるLPガスを活用したハイブリッド バスの運行実験を同市内で開始する。国の委託事業として、燃費やCO2削減効果を測定 し、採算性などを検討する。

車両はLPガスを燃料とする発電機を搭載しており、実験のために小型ディーゼルバス を改造して製作された。外部電源で充電したバッテリーの電気が少なくなると、発電機が 稼働して電気を補う。

市内中心部から北陸新幹線新高岡駅(仮称)方面に向かう5、6ルートで来年3月末ま で運行される予定で、1日100キロ程度を走行し、ディーゼルバスのデータと比較する 。

事業は都市計画などのコンサルティングを手掛けるアバンアソシエイツ(東京)と共同 で実施。環境省の「チャレンジ25地域づくり事業」に選定されている。
This will be a trial service starting 2013.03.01 for Takaoka City, using a remodeled small diesel bus. The trial program will last for one full year and encompass 5-6 routes operating from central Takaoka City to the proposed Shin-Takaoka Station on the Hokuriku Shinkansen, operating about 100 km a day to allow them to compare against existing diesel buses.
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:10 PM   #4835
quashlo

Toyama City to install security cameras to deter tram ROW violations
http://www.hokkoku.co.jp/subpage/T20130220202.htm

Quote:
 富山市は新年度、市内電車環状線の軌道上で頻発している自動車の危険走行を抑止する ため、監視カメラを設置する。映像は録画し、悪質な運転が確認された場合、警察に通報 する。監視カメラの存在を示すことによってドライバーに運転マナーの改善を促し、電車 と車の接触事故防止にもつなげる。

設置場所は、富山市が管理する丸の内―西町交差点区間(約940メートル)の複数地 点で、軌道上に進入する車が後を絶たない場所を予定する。市は危険走行を撮影した場合 、車を特定し、富山中央署に届ける。

市によると、車が軌道上に入り込むのは、朝夕など車道が混雑する時間帯に頻発してい る。渋滞を避けるため電車が目視されない時に軌道上を走行する車が多く、電車が運行し ていない深夜から早朝の時間帯にも軌道上を走る若者グループなどが確認されている。

県警によると、右折時などを除き、車が軌道上を走行すると道交法違反(軌道敷内進入 )に該当し、反則金などが科せられる。環状線の車両「セントラム」と車の接触事故は、 2009年12月の開業時から現在までに10件が発生。大事故には至っていないが、事 故処理により電車の遅延、運休などで利用者に影響が出ている。

富山市は「安全で安心できる運行が第一。監視カメラを有効に活用したい」(都市整備 部)としている。
The cameras will be installed at various locations on a 940 m segment of the Loop Line between Marunouchi and Nishichō. The cameras will help identify vehicles driving in the tram ROW, and the city will use the recorded footage to identify the drivers and notify police. Apparently, the lane violations occur frequently during the morning and evening rush hours, when traffic congestion is bad. Regular vehicles can only legally use the LRV lane when making right turns. There have been 10 accidents since the Loop Line opened in December 2009.
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:12 PM   #4836
quashlo

Tōkyō Metropolitan Bureau of Transportation publishes 2013 Business Plan

Document is available here:
http://www.kotsu.metro.tokyo.jp/info...f/plan2013.pdf

Major points:

Shinjuku Line rolling stock upgrades
This primarily involves the conversion of an additional six 8-car trains to full 10-car consists, increasing capacity. Other improvements include switching from LED to LCD passenger information units. Three trains will be upgraded in FY2013 and three in FY2015, bringing the total to ten of Toei’s 28 trains for the Shinjuku Line.

Consolidated services with Tōkyō Metro
This involves allowing Tōkyō Metro passengers to use Toei faregates at Roppongi and Monzen Nakachō.

Ōedo Line rolling stock upgrades
Conversion of four trains to LED interior lighting and more efficient inverter units. Two trains will be upgraded in FY2014, and another two in FY2015.

Toden Arakawa Line rolling stock upgrades
This involves replacement of existing 7000 series units with new trains. Three will come in FY2014, followed by seven in FY2015.

Other projects include continuing planning work on the proposed extension of the Ōedo Line to Ōizumi Gakenchō, continuing platform door implementation on the Ōedo Line, and introducing one new train (FY2015) and schedule improvements for the Nippori–Toneri Liner to relieve overcrowding.

pudgym29 liked this post
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #4837
quashlo

JR East to widen Tōkaidō Line platforms at Shimbashi Station
http://mainichi.jp/select/news/20130...40026000c.html

Quote:
 JR東海道線は新橋駅ホーム拡幅工事に伴い4月21日午前0時〜午後6時半、東京−品川間で上下線全列車が運休する。JR東日本によると東北縦貫線15年春開業に向けた混雑緩和策で、ホーム全長307メートルのうち202メートルを78センチ拡幅し、エスカレーターや階段を新設する。同線は工事中品川駅で折り返し運転し、東京駅発着の特急列車は品川駅発着となる。並走の山手線、京浜東北線、横須賀線は通常運転する。
No idea this was even happening… I remembered they were proposing a lot of improvements to the concourse, but did not know (remember?) a platform widening was part of the project. They will basically widen 202 m of the 307 m long platforms by 78 cm, constructing new escalators and stairwells. This is intended to help ease congestion with the pending spring 2015 opening of the Tōhoku Through Line, as many of the passengers who currently transfer at Ueno to the Yamanote Line or Keihin–Tōhoku Line will now just be taking through trains all the way to Shimbashi. The widening will take place on 2013.04.21 between 12:00 am and 6:00 am.

Can see some subtle signs of construction in this platform walk (2013.02.07):

Old February 20th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #4838
quashlo

Japanese government provides ¥170 billion loan for Dhaka Metro
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNAS...3A220C1EB1000/

Quote:
 【ニューデリー=岩城聡】政府はバングラデシュ初の都市高速鉄道事業に、同国向けで過去最大の1700億円の円借款を供与する。同国は南アジアの最貧国の一つだが、中国の人件費上昇やインド経済の失速を受けて投資先として注目を集めつつある。この鉄道事業は車両など日本が強みを持つ技術への期待もにじませており、日本のインフラ輸出戦略の商機につながる可能性が高い。繊維などの分野で進出を探る日本企業にも追い風となりそうだ。

高速鉄道新設の総事業費は約2500億円で、そのうち約1700億円を国際協力機構(JICA)を通じて供与。現地時間の20日午後、両政府の間で第1期分(約105億円)について調印する。同国西部での火力発電所の建設や、全国での変電所や送電線の新設・増設の支援へ、別途計600億円の円借款を供与することにも調印する予定だ。

新設路線は「南北線」と呼ばれ、官庁街がある首都ダッカ中心部と北部の新興住宅地を結ぶ。距離は約20キロメートルで、高架式のMRT(大量高速交通システム)を採用。2021年ごろの開通を目指す。1日当たりの利用客数は約51万人を見込んでいる。

今回の鉄道整備事業は日本のインフラ輸出の商機にもつながる公算が大きい。事業計画は、新設の路線に(1)軽量アルミ合金車両を使う(2)ブレーキの際にモーターを発電機として使う「回生ブレーキ」を採用する――などの条件を付けている。いずれも日本企業が得意とする技術で、欧米や韓国に比べ強みを持つ日本企業の「省エネ車両」が採用される可能性が高いという。

ダッカは人口約1500万人を擁する世界有数の大都市だが、交通インフラの整備の遅れが指摘され、慢性的な渋滞や大気汚染が深刻化している。渋滞は急速に普及したマイカーや公共バス、サイクルリキシャと呼ばれる自転車タクシーなどによるもの。排ガスによる大気汚染や騒音など公害の改善も喫緊の課題となっていた。日本政府はダッカとその周辺の交通渋滞の緩和で経済活動を活性化し、温暖化ガス削減など環境対策にも貢献する方針だ。

バングラデシュでは近年、ユニクロなど日本企業の進出も目立つ。12年9月現在、現地に進出している日本企業は、繊維・衣料関連企業を中心に計138社にのぼり、過去5年間で倍増している。ただ、進出企業を取り巻くインフラ環境は必ずしも良好とはいえない。急増する電力需要に供給が追いつかないなどの問題もあり、日本政府が都市鉄道の整備と同時に発電事業への支援も決めた背景には、こうした日本企業の進出を後押しする狙いもある。
A bit more context on this one from Japan’s perspective…
Old February 20th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #4839
quashlo

Nantan City designates West Exit area at JR Yagi Station for land readjustment
http://www.kyoto-np.co.jp/politics/a...20130220000046

Quote:
 南丹市都市計画審議会が19日、市役所で開かれ、JR八木駅西地区(京都府南丹市八木町八木)が土地区画整理事業の区域に決まった。来年度中に事業認可を受け、駅周辺の再開発が動き始める見通しだ。人口減や商店街の活性化が課題となる中、八木地区の地域拠点として期待がかかる。

対象は、主に水田などが広がる八木駅の西側一帯で、全体面積は約10・5ヘクタール。このうち宅地面積は約5・7ヘクタールあり、分譲住宅地(敷地規模200平方メートル)として開発するほか、道路や公園などを整備する。580人の人口増を見込み、総事業費は約13億円。

八木駅西地区は、京都縦貫自動車道や国道9号、JR山陰線の沿線にあり、市総合振興計画の将来都市構想で「にぎわいの市街地ゾーン」に位置づけられる。公立南丹病院を核とした福祉・厚生施設や、店舗などの土地利用も図り、居住環境を整備していく。

また、同事業に伴い、区域と幹線道路をつなぐ八木環状線(延長3820メートル、2車線16メートル)と八木駅西口駅前線(延長110メートル、2車線16メートル)の整備を図り、八木駅西口駅前広場(約2千平方メートル)を設ける。

審議会では、委員から「隣接する山林の日照はどうか」「駅北側のアクセスも考えているのか」「サラリーマン世帯でも購入できる宅地か」などの質問が出た。最後に、土地区画整理事業の決定と、同事業に関連する都市計画道路の変更についての2議案を全会一致で承認した。

市によると、2013~20年度を事業期間とし、「JR西日本と協議して八木駅舎の改築や、駅の東西を行き来する自由通路の整備なども図り、暮らしの拠点としたい」という。

01年から地権者でつくる準備会で協議してきた。今後、府との協議を経て、13年度中に区画整理事業の実施主体となる組合が発足する予定だ。
This is on the Sagano Line (San’in Main Line), up in the mountain towns just northwest of central Kyōto. It’s only a small project, encompassing 10.5 ha (only 5.7 ha of which will actually be developed with housing, for 580 residents). However, there are some station-related projects, including new and improved roadway access to the station, as well as a new 2,000 sq m West Exit station plaza. Nantan City will also work with JR West on replacing the station building, including potentially constructing a public passage connecting the east and west sides. The current station is pretty bare bones, although there is a platform bridge over the two tracks.

Rainy-day cab view on a 221 series San’in Main Line rapid on run 2216M from Sonobe to Kameoka:

Part 1: Sonobe to Yagi

Part 2: Yagi to Kameoka

Old February 20th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #4840
quashlo

Seibu Group ventures into solar power industry
http://www.tokyo-np.co.jp/article/sa...802000128.html

Quote:
 西武グループは、再生可能エネルギーの固定価格買い取り制度を利用した太陽光発電事業に参入する、と発表した。今春に二カ所で工事を開始する。県内では、日高市の西武鉄道武蔵丘車両検修場の屋根に、ソーラーパネル四千九百枚使ったメガソーラーを設置する計画で、来年一月に発電を始める。

検修場での発電容量は約千二百キロワットで、一般家庭の約三百六十世帯の利用分に相当。年間発電電力量は約百二十万キロワット時の予定だ。工事費は約三億三千万円。販売は主に東京電力に対して行い、年間の売り上げは約五千万円を見込む。

県外では、プリンスホテルが運営する宮崎県日南市の敷地で、日高市とほぼ同規模のメガソーラーを設置する計画だ。

グループの持ち株会社、西武ホールディングスは太陽光発電事業参入について、「新しいビジネスモデル育成と資産の有効活用の一環。二〇一五年度までに全国約十カ所で太陽光発電設備設置を検討している」と説明している。(上田融)