daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 27th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #4901
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

Fukui Railway to purchase Tosa Electric Railway’s ex-Stuttgart tram
http://www.chunichi.co.jp/article/fu...602000009.html

Quote:
 地域交通ネットワークの整備に向けて、県は福井鉄道へのドイツ製車両=写真=の導入費として七千八百万円を二〇一三年度当初予算案に盛り込んだ。県では「観光資源としてまちの魅力アップにもつなげたい」としている。

車両は一九六五(昭和四十)年にドイツ・シュツットガルトで製造され、土佐電鉄(高知県)で九〇年から十年間使用していたものを購入し、車両改修を行う。一四年春ごろから走らせる予定。

福鉄では二〇一二年度からオリジナルの新型車両の導入も始めてており、一三年三月から運行開始する。さらに一四年からドイツ製車両も加わることで八種類の車両が走ることになり、鉄道ファンの注目を浴びそうだ。

This is a 1965 tram that Tosa Electric Railway (Kōchi Prefecture) operated between 1990 and 2000. Fukui Railway will purchase and refurbish the unit in the hopes of making it into a tourism resource for Fukui. The renovated tram will begin running in spring 2014.

Some old footage of the tram in service on the Tosaden (1992.11.15):

quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #4902
quashlo

Akita Prefecture to help fund West Exit bus terminal at JR Akita Station
http://www.sakigake.jp/p/akita/econo...p?kc=20130226l

Quote:
 県は、秋田中央交通が計画しているJR秋田駅西口バスターミナル建て替えの費用を補助する。10〜12月に本県で行われるデスティネーションキャンペーン(DC)に合わせ、秋田市の“顔”である駅バスターミナルを秋田杉で造り、林業県としてのイメージアップを狙う。開会中の県議会2月議会に25日追加提案した2012年度一般会計補正予算案に、県と国の補助金計8823万円を盛り込んだ。

新たなバスターミナルは木造平屋の乗り場4棟(計267平方メートル)から成る。秋田杉のムク材を使用した格子状の壁面とし、棟ごとに風除室を設置する。5月着工で、DC開始前の9月末に完成する予定。

事業費は1億5051万円で、秋田杉での建て替え費用1億1766万円が補助対象。国が半分の5883万円、県と秋田市がそれぞれ4分の1の2940万円を補助する。

風除室付近の完成予想図
This is the replacement of the West Exit bus terminal at JR Akita Station being planned by bus operator Akita Chūō Kōtsū. The new terminal will comprise four buildings (really, shelters) totaling 267 sq m, and will make use of Akita cedar, advertising Akita Prefecture’s forestry industry. Total project cost is ¥150.51 million, of which the ¥117.66 million for the constructing the new buildings will be subject to government funding.

Looks a bit Mitooka-esque…
Old February 27th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #4903
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 468

Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
Are there any other systems other than Google that can do that?
I've been here for 13 years and Google is the best in terms of routing bilingually. It also does bus routes now too. If you have a newer android phone with Google Now, it'll automatically work in the background telling you commute ETAs and what trains or bus stations are near.
starrwulfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #4904
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 468

17 days to go before the Toyoko and Fukutoshin lines tie the knot. So here's some more pix I have from my collection. ...I take way too many train pix...

March 16th can't get here fast enough!
starrwulfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #4905
quashlo

Nishitetsu to replace station building at Nishitetsu Yanagawa Station
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/region/news...2090002-n1.htm

Quote:
 西日本鉄道は27日、天神大牟田線の西鉄柳川駅を建て替えると発表した。柳川市の駅前再開発事業に合わせ3月に着工し、平成27年9月の完成を予定している。

竹島和幸社長は「観光客にも通勤客にも使いやすい、柳川のシンボル的な建物になる」と述べた。

現在は平屋建ての駅舎を2階建てにし、床面積は1・5倍の1360平方メートルに拡大する。総工費は12億円。2階部分に改札や駅事務室を設け、1階には飲食店や土産物店などのテナントが入居する。

西鉄柳川駅は昭和12年に開業し、特急も停車する主要駅になっている。昭和40年代と50年代にも大規模な改装や建て替えを実施した。
Official Nishitetsu press release:
http://www.nishitetsu.co.jp/release/2012/12_174.pdf

This involves replacement of the current one-story station building with a new two-story structure, expanding the floor area by 50% to 1,360 sq m. The second floor will house the faregates and station offices, while the ground level will house tenants including restaurants and souvenir shops. Construction cost is ¥1.2 billion, and the project is being undertaken in conjunction with a redevelopment project at the station being undertaken by Yanagawa City. Construction will begin in March, with an opening in September 2015.

This is a major four-track station on the Nishitetsu Tenjin–Ōmuta Line, with limited expresses also stopping (11,638 daily entries and exits, FY2011). The original station building opened in 1937 and underwent large-scale renovation and reconstruction in the 1960s and 70s.

Renders:

Old February 28th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #4906
quashlo

Neighborhoods push for station on proposed Astram Line extension
http://www.chugoku-np.co.jp/News/Tn201302270159.html

Quote:
 広島市がルートの見直しを検討するアストラムライン延伸計画の西風新都線について、大規模団地がある西区山田町、山田新町、佐伯区美鈴が丘地区の住民でつくる3地区連絡協議会は26日、3地区に近い場所に新駅を設けるよう市に要望した。

協議会の中本雅策議長(72)たち9人が市役所を訪ね、荒本徹哉副市長に要望書と1万1573人分の署名を提出した。

3地区には山田団地と美鈴が丘団地、梅の木団地が広がる。中本議長は「傾斜地に造成された地域で高齢化が進んでいる。生活の利便性を高めてほしい」と強調。住民が西風新都線を利用できるよう、山田団地の入り口付近に新駅を設ける案を提案した。

荒本副市長は「団地のにぎわいがなくなる中で交通問題は重要な課題。利便性とコストを考えながらルートを検討する」と答えた。

西風新都線は、広域公園前駅(安佐南区)からJR西広島駅(西区)まで延伸する計画。市は財政難のため凍結している。広島電鉄(中区)が石内東地区(佐伯区)で大型商業施設を備えた複合団地を造成していることも踏まえ、同地区を経由する延伸ルートが可能かどうかを検証している。

西風新都線の延伸計画で、3地区の近くに新駅を設けるよう荒本副市長(右)に求める中本議長

The Yamadachō and Yamada Shinmachi districts of Nishi Ward and the Misuzugaoka district of Saeki Ward have formed a liaison group to petition for construction of a new station on proposed Astram Line extension to from its existing terminus at Kōiki Kōen-mae to Nishi-Hiroshima. There are a lot of residential estates in these three hilly neighborhoods, and there is a growing elderly population that requires good transit options. The new station would be located near the entrance to the Yamada residential estate. As mentioned in previous articles, the proposed Astram Line extension had originally been shelved, but Hiroshima City is re-evaluating the merits of the extension in light of a new shopping center and mixed-use residential development being planned by Hiroshima Electric Railway (Hiroden) in the Ishiuchi Higashi district of Saeki Ward.
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #4907
quashlo

Moriyama Shimin Byōin Station on Yutorīto Line to be renamed
http://response.jp/article/2013/02/27/192364.html

Quote:
名古屋ガイドウェイバスは2月27日、ガイドウェイバス志段味線(ゆとりーとライン)守山市民病院駅の駅名を、4月1日から「金屋(かなや)」に変更すると発表した。

守山市民病院駅は、2001年3月23日のゆとりーとライン開業に合わせて開設。駅から徒歩約10分のところに名古屋市立東部医療センター守山市民病院がある。3月31日に守山市民病院が民間譲渡により廃止され、4月1日からは医療法人いつき会の運営となることから、駅付近の地名にちなんだ駅名に変更されることになった。

現在の駅名が記載されている定期券は、通用期間内であれば引き続き利用できる。

This is a station on the Yutorīto Line guideway bus system in Nagoya City, originally named for a city-operated hospital located about a 10-minute walk from the station. The hospital will be privatized starting in April, so the station will be renamed for the surrounding neighborhood (Kanaya).

Cab view on the Yutorīto Line from Obata Ryokuchi to Ōzone (2012.07.20):

Old February 28th, 2013, 09:28 AM   #4908
quashlo

Discontinued Meitetsu Bus East routes to be replaced with community bus service
http://www.tonichi.net/news/index.php?id=27699

Quote:
 名鉄バス東部が4月1日に豊橋、豊川、蒲郡の各市内で運行する一部路線を廃止するのに伴い、愛知県や関係各市、バス事業者などでつくる県バス対策協議会はこのほど、豊橋市のコミュニティーバスの運行などで対応することを決めた。

廃止される名鉄バス東部の路線は、西浦豊橋系統の丸山(蒲郡市)―豊橋駅前と、豊橋市内で運行する西浜循環系統3路線の全区間。

西浦豊橋系統の廃止路線のうち、丸山(蒲郡市)―梅藪(豊橋市)は、同じ地区を走る豊川市のコミュニティーバスが代替交通の役割を担う。

梅藪―高洲町(同)は、豊橋市のコミュニティーバスを運行して移動手段の確保を図る。

高洲町―豊橋駅前は、豊鉄バスの既存路線の一部ルートを変更するなどして対応する。
Meitetsu Bus East will discontinue some of its routes in Toyohashi, Toyokawa, and Gamagōri. Discontinued routes will be covered by community bus services and extension of existing Toyotetsu Bus routes.
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:29 AM   #4909
quashlo

New station in the works for Hitachi Naka Kaihin Railway
http://www.tokyo-np.co.jp/article/ib...802000143.html

Quote:
 ひたちなか市などが出資する第三セクター「ひたちなか海浜鉄道湊線」の中根-那珂湊駅間(三・四キロ)に二〇一四年秋にも新駅ができることになった。市が一三年度予算案に新駅設計費約三百万円を計上した。

市や鉄道によると、建設を予定する場所は国道245号と交差するあたり。周囲に高齢者増加が見込まれる団地があり、新駅の要望が寄せられていた。警察関連施設の建設計画もあって需要が見込めるという。

建設費は約三千万円。国や県に三分の一ずつ負担してもらえるよう交渉する。建設は一四年度事業で、一三年度は設計のほか延伸の可能性等を調べる。

一般会計当初予算案は四百九十四億五千万円(前年度比9・6%増)。ほかの主な事業は、新分庁舎設計・建設(三億二千万円)、医療福祉費の支援拡大(四千七百万円)など。
This is a small third-sector railway in Hitachi Naka City, Ibaraki Prefecture. Like most local lines, it’s struggling to stay out of the red, but it will now be getting a new station between Nakane and Naka Minato Stations (3.4 km distance) in autumn 2014. The total cost for the new station is ¥30 million, with the national government and prefectural government each shouldering a third of the costs. The city has already earmarked ¥3 million in design fees for the new station, along with studies of potential extension of the line, in its FY2013 budget.

The new station would be located near the crossing with National Route 245. There are residential estates in the vicinity of the proposed site that are expected to see an increase in elderly population, and there is also a plan to construct a police-related facility in the area.

Cab view on a Kiha 3710 series train from Ajigaura to Katsuta:

Part 1: Ajigaura to Naka Minato

Part 2: Naka Minato to Katsuta

Old February 28th, 2013, 09:31 AM   #4910
quashlo

Nishi-Tōkyō Bus to offer special commuter pass
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNZO...20C13A2L83000/

Quote:
 京王電鉄グループの西東京バス(東京都八王子市)は4月から、従来の区間式に加え、金額式のIC定期券を販売する。定期券に設定した運賃内であれば全路線が乗り放題になる。乗り越す場合は差額分を追加で支払う仕組み。定期券の新たな利用法を乗客に提案し、「バス離れ」を食い止める。

利用者の手持ちのICカード(パスモ、スイカ)に定期券情報を書き込む。鉄道定期を利用する場合でも1枚で済む。営業区域は八王子市や日野市など多摩の10市町村など。

例えば定期の利用運賃を200円と設定すると、西東京バス全路線で運賃200円以内であれば乗り放題となる。運賃が250円の場合は差額の50円だけを精算する。

従来の定期券は特定の区間を指定するもので、運賃は同じでも違う区間を乗る場合には別途運賃を支払う必要がある。西東京バスは金額定期券の割安感、利便性をPRして年間の運賃収入の増加を目指す。
Nishi-Tōkyō Bus is part of the Keiō Corporation group, operating services in western Tōkyō (Hachiōji City, Hino City, etc). Usually, commuter passes are issued only for specific station pairs (you can also use it for station pairs within the “bounds” of the specified station pair), but Nishi-Tōkyō Bus will begin offering a special type of commuter pass that is based on a specified fare value. Passengers who purchase a commuter pass with a specified fare value of ¥200 will be able to ride any Nishi-Tōkyō Bus bus for free for the commuter pass duration as long as the fare for the trip is ¥200 or less. If the fare for the trip is over ¥200, the passenger simply pays the additional fare over ¥200.
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #4911
quashlo

Toei Bus to discontinue Niji-01 route
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNZO...20C13A2L82000/

Quote:
 都営バスで唯一、レインボーブリッジを渡る路線「虹01系統」が4月のダイヤ改正で廃止になる。東京都交通局のバス事業リストラの一環。乗客が少なく不採算だったうえ、昨年から港区が主導して似たルートの路線バス運行を始めたことが追い打ちをかけた。

虹01はJR浜松町駅と東京ビッグサイトなどを結ぶ路線。途中でレインボーブリッジを渡ることから、数ある都バスの運行系統の中で唯一「虹」の称号を持つ。1993年のブリッジ開通に合わせて運行を始めたが、途中の乗客の乗り降りが少ないこともあり運賃収入は低迷。慢性的な赤字だった。

さらに昨年4月、港区の支援で沿線企業や住民が運営する「お台場レインボーバス」が運行を始めた。台場一丁目とJR田町駅やJR品川駅を結ぶ2路線。運賃は200円と都バスと同じ。レインボーバスは3月から増便の予定で、都バスは形勢が不利だった。

都のバス事業は保有する東京電力の株式が無配になったことで赤字に転落。2015年度の経常黒字転換を目指して経営合理化を進めている。都はこれまでも鉄道やコミュニティーバスなど代替輸送手段ができた路線の整理をしている。
This is the only Toei Bus route on the Rainbow Bridge connecting to Odaiba, operating from JR Hamamatsuchō Station to Tōkyō Big Sight. In fact it’s the only Toei Bus route designated with the 虹 (rainbow) prefix, and began service when the bridge opened in 1993. However, the route will be discontinued with the annual service changes taking effect in April.

Minato Ward began operating bus services on similar routes under the Odaiba Rainbow Bus brand last year, one route between Daiba Itchōme and JR Tamachi Station and the other between Daiba Itchōme and JR Shinagawa Station. The fare is the same as Toei Bus, and Minato Ward is planning to add trips to the schedule. As a result, Toei’s service was suffering from low ridership and operating losses.

Cab view on the Niji-01 route from Tōkyō Big Sight to Hamamatsuchō (2010.12):

Old February 28th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #4912
Blackraven

Likes (Received): 234

Damn this thing is cool:

JDM-style Bus Rapid Transit

Real nifty and neat imho =)

P.S.
Question though:

So it's basically your conventional bus on fully dedicated and fully isolated track or roadway correct?

If so, then how does the driver do it so that the tires of the bus do not hit or come into contact with the steel railings or whatever those thingies are called?

Or does it require high level of driving skill to 'perfectly' maneuver the bus???
Blackraven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2013, 12:42 AM   #4913
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

It has something like this:

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2013, 01:41 AM   #4914
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11251

Basically, it has a "guideway" that allows buses to operate through exclusive right-of-way roadways, free from any traffic on the main road. And that is a really cool concept indeed: that can be akin to a BRT system that is guideway-based: with such a system, buses can really up their punctuality and reliability rates significantly, attracting even more passengers in the process.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2013, 01:44 AM   #4915
hakubi

Likes (Received): 0

How much cheaper is it to build a guideway bus right of way, than a light rail or heavy rail right of way? How much cheaper is it to operate over 10 or 20 years?
hakubi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2013, 01:56 AM   #4916
emyrr3096

Likes (Received): 519

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakubi View Post
How much cheaper is it to build a guideway bus right of way, than a light rail or heavy rail right of way? How much cheaper is it to operate over 10 or 20 years?
Ofc guideline busway is more cheaper than LRT or heavy rail. It's just bus with modification for it guideline
Old March 1st, 2013, 08:56 AM   #4917
quashlo

Seibu airs new CM

Seibu Railway began airing a new television CM on 2013.03.01. Strangely enough, this is apparently their first made-for-television CM (at least for their railway business).

They went all out and hired actress Yoshitaka Yuriko (吉高由里子) to promote the Chichibu area up in the mountains northwest of Tōkyō, together with their Red Arrow limited express service making the journey between Seibu Ikebukuro and Seibu Chichibu in as little as 78 minutes. Good time to advertise, too, especially with the Fukutoshin Line through-services set to launch soon.

Official campaign website:
http://sanpotabi.seibu-ensensanpo.jp/

15 s CM spot:

k.k.jetcar liked this post
Old March 1st, 2013, 09:17 AM   #4918
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

wow quashlo, that was fast (only 3 hours since that clip was posted on yt).

Anyway, the Seibu Ikebukuro Line to Chichibu is a recommended train ride- lots of variety as you make your way from the urban core out to the mountains of Chichibu- there are sections of single track running, long tunnels including a passing track inside a tunnel, the double slip switch station throat at Chichibu, and most interesting to me, the in-and-back-out operation (the Japanese call it a switchback, though technically that's incorrect) at Hanno Station. Makes for a nice excursion just for checking out the railway infrastructure and operations- I prefer taking a local rather than a Red Arrow, to get a better feel for the line.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2013, 09:29 AM   #4919
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11251

That brand new commercial from Seibu surely can help attract more riders (and commuters) into using that service, and hopefully, it will mean better services for the line since it is one of the more "obscure" rail lines in my opinion. I wonder, though, what attractions await tourists visiting Chichibu because I only see it on train maps, but I don't really know what to expect when I visit there.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2013, 05:29 PM   #4920
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

http://www.seibu-group.co.jp/railway...glish/special/

Last edited by k.k.jetcar; March 1st, 2013 at 05:37 PM.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote