daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 4th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #4941
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

New underground passage opens between Higashi-Ginza Station and new Kabuki-za

This is a new passage that opened on 2013.03.01 between Higashi-Ginza Station (Hibiya Line, Asakusa Line) and the new Kabuki-za theater set to open in one month. Just one more addition to the underground maze stretching all the way from Tōkyō Station.

ANN news report:

ko7, n20 liked this post
quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:59 AM   #4942
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Zy99 View Post
Is there no news on the Odakyus?

Also, what about Tohoku Jukan?

Those two were why I joined this site.
Odakyu undergrounding is hard to see from above ground, but I have a few pictures I'll post later. I'll get a first ride on 3/23 as well.

Tohoku Jukan is a slow process.

I ride the Toyoko and Fukutoshin everyday so it's way easier to see progress firsthand :-)
starrwulfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #4943
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrwulfe View Post
Odakyu undergrounding is hard to see from above ground, but I have a few pictures I'll post later. I'll get a first ride on 3/23 as well.

Tohoku Jukan is a slow process.

I ride the Toyoko and Fukutoshin everyday so it's way easier to see progress firsthand :-)
Thank you very much!!

Sorry for seeming rude.

By the way (apologies in advance if this is inappropriate for this thread, but I'm very new, and this does seem to be the place)-I'm writing a story that involves some characters regularly commuting back and forth between Minato Ward (somewhat easterly) and the Fuji Training Grounds. I suspect that they would ride the Tokaido Line down to Kozu and then the Gotemba Line to their destination. Is this correct?

In 1991-1992, what rolling stock would be used for a Home Liner on the Tokaido-Gotenba Line? I was thinking about using 211/213 series trains in the following arrangement.

2x213 series KuMoHa

2x212 series bilevel green cars

1x MoRo conventional 1-level green car

1x MoRoShi (buffet and compartments)

2x213 series KuMoHa

Would it be realistic for this to be the consist (the buffet and compartments are special for the story)?

Could it run a Tokyo-Shimbashi-Hamamatsucho-Shinagawa-Yokohama-Yamakita-Gotemba-Fujioka-Susono-Numazu schedule?

Could it make the run Shinagawa-Fujioka in about 75 minutes?

Might it be necessary to double-track the Gotemba Line? Is this possible? What trains in Japan (especially Tokyo and JREast) have compartments?
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #4944
SamuraiBlue

Likes (Received): 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Zy99 View Post
Thank you very much!!

Sorry for seeming rude.

By the way (apologies in advance if this is inappropriate for this thread, but I'm very new, and this does seem to be the place)-I'm writing a story that involves some characters regularly commuting back and forth between Minato Ward (somewhat easterly) and the Fuji Training Grounds. I suspect that they would ride the Tokaido Line down to Kozu and then the Gotemba Line to their destination. Is this correct?

In 1991-1992, what rolling stock would be used for a Home Liner on the Tokaido-Gotenba Line? I was thinking about using 211/213 series trains in the following arrangement.

2x213 series KuMoHa

1x MoRo conventional 1-level green car

1x MoRoShi (buffet and compartments)

2x213 series KuMoHa

Would it be realistic for this to be the consist (the buffet and compartments are special for the story)?

Could it run a Tokyo-Shimbashi-Hamamatsucho-Shinagawa-Yokohama-Yamakita-Gotemba-Fujioka-Susono-Numazu schedule?

Could it make the run Shinagawa-Fujioka in about 75 minutes?

Might it be necessary to double-track the Gotemba Line? Is this possible? What trains in Japan (especially Tokyo and JREast) have compartments?
I believe they will use the Tomei highway which will is more convenient for that particular route. If you want to place them on a train it would probably be the Odakyu or Tokaido to Odawara and then take a car onwards.
SamuraiBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #4945
quashlo

New Hankai low-floor LRV to eventually run to Tennōji
http://www.asahi.com/national/update...303050051.html

Quote:
 【坂本泰紀】阪堺電気軌道は、堺市の浜寺駅前から大阪市住吉区の我孫子道の間(7・9キロ)で今秋から運転を始める低床式路面電車(LRV)について、来春までに同市阿倍野区の天王寺駅前まで乗り入れ区間を延ばすことを決めた。LRV向けに軌道を改修する費用について、国と大阪市が一部を負担する。

LRVは車両の全長が約16メートルで定員76人。乗降口とホームとの段差がほぼなく、高齢者や子ども、障害がある人も乗降しやすい。新たに乗り入れが決まった我孫子道―天王寺駅前間(6キロ)は、住吉大社や帝塚山など名所も多く、終点の天王寺には日本一高い超高層ビル「あべのハルカス」が来春に全面開業する。

乗り入れに伴う軌道改修費約6千万円については、国と市が半額を支出し、残りを阪堺側が負担する。大阪市は「観光客や買い物客に新型車両に乗ってもらい、地域活性化につなげたい」と期待している。

阪堺電気軌道の路面電車・阪堺線に今秋登場する、低床式車両(LRV)

阪堺電気軌道のLRV乗り入れ区間
The LRV is set to enter service this autumn on 7.9 km of the Hankai Line between Hamadera Ekimae in Sakai City and Abiko-michi in Sumiyoshi Ward, Ōsaka City, but Hankai will eventually extend that all the way to Tennōji (Abeno Ward, Ōsaka City) by spring of next year. The national and municipal government will contribute half of the funding towards the ¥60 million needed to refurbish the tram tracks to allow for LRV operation. The remaining half will be shouldered by Hankai.

The extended LRV service will come in time for the opening of Japan’s tallest building, Abeno Harukas, at Tennōji. There are also multiple landmarks on the segment between Abiko-michi and Tennōji, including Sumiyoshi Taisha (shrine) and Tezukayama.

Yard movements with the new LRV at Abiko-michi (2013.02.14):

Old March 5th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #4946
quashlo

Schedule improvements for KIX transit service to cater to LCC passengers
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/economy/new...2060043-n1.htm

Quote:
 関西国際空港を早朝や深夜に発着する格安航空会社(LCC)便に対応するため、新関西国際空港会社は5日、4月1日から関空発着のリムジンバスと高速船の早朝・深夜便を計7本追加すると発表した。梅田発便には従来の午前4時28分発の前に、午前3時3分発を追加し、午前6時台にチェックインが必要な早朝便利用客が余裕をもって移動できるようにする。

梅田発の始発便は、JR大阪駅北側に4月26日にオープンする飲食店街「UMEKITA FLOOR」が念頭にある。梅田で飲食してから関空に向かえるようにとの考えからで、新関空会社の安藤圭一社長は5日の会見で「何らかの連携を考えたい」と述べ、飲食店とタイアップしたサービスの展開を示唆した。

関空発梅田行きの最終便は今より1時間遅い午前1時15分発となる。また、関空発南海なんば駅行きの路線を新設し、午後11時45分発の1便だけ走らせる。

このほか、関空と神戸空港を結ぶ高速船「神戸-関空ベイ・シャトル」の運航本数も関空発、神戸発を2本ずつ追加する。神戸発の始発便は今より1時間早い午前5時半発、関空発の最終便は2時間遅い翌日午前0時発となる。

LCCの就航に伴い、関空のターミナルでは一夜を明かす客が増加している。関空-梅田間などの深夜・早朝帯のアクセス充実は、梅田地区などの飲食店やホテルの利用客増加にもつながりそうだ。
KIX will add seven new express coach and high-speed ferry trips starting 2013.04.01 to cater to growing passenger demand from LCC flights, as well as the new development north of Umeda Station (Ume-Kita) scheduled to open soon.

Specifically, on the bus side they will add a 3:03 am departure from Umeda Station to capture passengers who need to check-in at the airport during the 6:00 hour. This is in addition to the current earliest departure at 4:28, and is intended to capture passengers who might be eating out during the late night / early morning in the Umeda area. The last departure for KIX from Umeda will also be moved to 1:15 am instead of 12:15 am. They will also add one trip on a new route, an 11:45 pm departure from KIX to Nankai Namba Station.

On the boat side, they will add two roundtrips on the Kōbe–KIX Bay Shuttle, the high-speed ferry connecting KIX and Kōbe Airport. The first departure from Kōbe will now be at 5:00 am (one hour earlier), while the last departure from KIX will now be at 12:00 am (two hours later).
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #4947
quashlo

Keihan to become first Kansai major railway to extend retirement age to 65
http://www.sankeibiz.jp/business/new...1452004-n1.htm

Quote:
 京阪電気鉄道が、今年4月から平成37年にかけ定年を60歳から65歳に段階的に延長することが5日、わかった。老齢厚生年金(報酬比例部分)の支給開始年齢が引き上げられることに合わせる。関西の大手鉄道会社で定年延長の方針が明らかになるのは初めて。

60歳までの賃金カーブを抑え、61歳以降の給与の原資とする。生涯賃金は原則として増えるという。ただ、採用抑制などで社員数が減るため、定年延長導入後の総人件費が現状を上回らないようにする。25年度の定年延長の対象は80人という。

4月に施行される改正高年齢者雇用安定法で、企業は65歳まで働くことを希望する人全員の雇用が義務づけられる。このため、企業は定年延長や定年制の廃止、定年後の再雇用のいずれかを選ぶことになる。
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #4948
quashlo

Aichi Prefecture to improve midday service on Aichi Loop Line
http://www.chunichi.co.jp/article/ai...502000055.html

Quote:
 県議会二月定例会は四日、本会議を再開し、八人が一般質問をした。県出資の第三セクター「愛知環状鉄道」(岡崎-高蔵寺)の利便性を高めるため、県側は二〇一五年度にも、昼間の一時間当たり運行本数を、現在の三本から四本に増やす方針を示した。

自民の中根義高議員(岡崎市)の質問への答弁。

増発されれば、電車の運転は二十分間隔から、朝の通勤時間帯と同じ十五分間隔になる。利用者の多い朝夕のさらなる増発には、県側は「行き違い設備や複線化、車両の増強など新たな投資が必要。当面は難しいと判断している」と答えた。

ICカードシステムの導入には「多額の初期投資や、改札業務のあり方を再考する必要があることなどが課題」としながらも、「利便性向上には資する。会社や沿線市とともに鋭意検討を進める」と述べた。

This is a circumferential line running from Okazaki to Kōzōji in eastern Nagoya, with a current midday service of 3 tph. The Aichi Prefectural Council has now announced that it plans to increase midday service to 4 tph, bringing the frequency in line with peak-hour service. While they would like to also increase frequency during commute hours, the construction of new passing sidings, double tracking, and purchase of new rolling stock made that goal a bit more cost-prohibitive. They will continue working with the railway and local governments on the possibility of adopting an IC farecard system (probably manaca).

Clips of the Aikan:

Old March 5th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #4949
quashlo

JR East to enter mega-solar industry
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNAS...00C13A3TJ2000/

Quote:
 東日本旅客鉄道(JR東日本)は初めてのメガソーラー(大規模太陽光発電所)を千葉市内の車両基地に設置する。2013年度中に稼働し、発電した電気を鉄道運行などに使用する。同社は再生可能エネルギーなど最先端の環境技術を積極活用する方針を打ち出している。太陽光発電を電車の運行に利用するのは国内の鉄道事業者では初めてとみられる。

千葉市内にある「京葉車両センター」構内の未利用地、約6600平方メートルに太陽光パネルを敷き詰める。発電した電気はJR東日本の配電線を介して鉄道の運行に活用するほか、京葉車両センター内で消費する。このメガソーラーで発電する電力量は1日平均約2700キロワット時。山手線1編成が約4周走行する際に使う電力量に相当する。

JR東日本は環境技術の導入に本腰を入れている。四ツ谷駅(東京・新宿)、平泉駅(岩手県平泉町)などは再生可能エネを中心に様々な環境保全技術を導入した「エコステーション」に切り替えた。14年春からは烏山線(栃木県)に蓄電池で駆動する新型車両を導入する予定だ。
They will construct a new 6,600 sq m solar power facility on unused land at Keiyō Rolling Stock Center in Chiba City. The electricity generated will be used to power in-service trains as well as the adjacent yard. The facility will generate about 2,700 kWh daily, equivalent to one Yamanote Line training doing four complete loops.

This is the latest venture in their effort to expand green technology, starting with conversion of Yotsuya Station (Shinjuku Ward, Tōkyō) and Hiraizumi Station (Hiraizumi Town, Iwate Prefecture) to “eco-stations”. They will also introduce battery-powered trains to the Karasuyama Line in Tochigi Prefecture starting next year.
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #4950
quashlo

Three east-west passages to be completed at Urawa Station
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNZO...3A300C1L72000/

Quote:
 さいたま市はJR浦和駅の鉄道高架化に合わせ、駅周辺で3本の東西交差通路を2013年度末までに整備する。歩行者や自転車利用者の行き来がしやすくなる。高架化により東京の新宿などと結ぶ湘南新宿ラインが浦和駅に停車するのは16日から。駅構内の連絡通路や幹線道路も広くなり、長年の課題だった駅東西の一体化が進みそうだ。

16日に向けた湘南新宿ラインの高架ホーム設置工事などが終了後、交差通路の整備を始める。最も大宮寄りにある地下通路は改修して、自転車・歩行者道とする。これまでは階段を通る際に自転車から降り、押しながら上り下りする必要があった。自転車に乗ったまま通れるようになり、高齢者も利用しやすくなる。

さらにその自転車・歩行道の南側には、幅10メートルの歩行者道を新設する。高架下で天井を高くできないため、こちらは歩行者専用通路とする。

幹線道路である田島大牧線の南側にも幅8メートルの自転車・歩行者道を新設する。近くの高架下には1500台規模の駐輪場を設ける予定。線路の東側に側道を造り、自転車を使う通勤通学者の利便性を高める狙いだ。

駅東側にある第2産業道路と、西側の国道17号のバイパスを結ぶ田島大牧線は、今年度中に駅周辺の道路幅を25メートルに広げる。車道を片側1車線から2車線に広げるほか、両側に4メートルの歩道を設置する。渋滞解消につながることを期待する。

東日本旅客鉄道(JR東日本)は駅構内で改札口につながる歩行者用の東西通路の幅を16日までに25メートルに広げる。終日通行を望む声が強かったが、通行は電車の運行時間に限り深夜は閉じる。

従来、駅の東西を歩いて行き来するには、構内連絡通路以外は狭くて暗い通路や車道脇の狭い歩道を通るしかなく、両側の一体感を妨げる原因になっていた。
Hard to believe it, but the elevation works at Urawa Station are almost complete, with the new platforms for the Shōnan–Shinjuku Line scheduled to debut on 2013.03.16.

Related to those efforts, Saitama City will complete three east-west passages through the station by FY2013 close, improving access for pedestrians and bicyclists. Connecting passages within the station, as well as roads passing underneath the newly-elevated tracks, will also be widened, strengthening the connectivity between the east and west sides of the station.

In particular, the northernmost passage, an underground tunnel, will be renovated and converted to a ped and bike passage. This will improve convenience for bicyclists, who currently have to use the stairs, forcing them to mount and dismount each time. South of this passage, they will construct a new 10 m wide pedestrian path, along with a 1,500-space bicycle parking facility at a nearby location underneath the JR tracks. They will also construct a frontage road along the east side of the station, improving convenience for commuters using bikes.

In addition, they will widen the 田島大牧線 (Tajima–Ōmaki Road), connecting 第2産業道路(Industrial Road 2) and the National Route 17 bypass, near the station to 25 m (from two lanes to four lanes, plus 4 m sidewalks).

Inside the station, JR East will widen the east-west transfer passage to 25 m (this will be completed by 2013.03.16). There was some movement to make this a 24-hour passage, but JR East has opted to only keep it open when the station is open.

Tour of the station improvements under construction (2012.12.24):

Old March 5th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #4951
quashlo

MLIT to field-test out new platform door technologies
http://www.sankeibiz.jp/macro/news/1...2016022-n1.htm

Quote:
 国土交通省は5日、低コストや軽量化を図り開発中のホームドア3種類を、東急など私鉄3駅に実際に設置する実証実験を6月から始めると発表した。約1年かけ乗客や運行への影響、耐久性などを調べる。平成26年度の実用化を目指す。

電車の到着に合わせ、支柱に張ったロープやバーを昇降させたり、電車の扉数や位置に合わせ柵を自在に移動させたりするタイプで、それぞれ東急つきみ野(神奈川県大和市)、相模鉄道弥生台(横浜市泉区)、西武新所沢(埼玉県所沢市)の各駅で実験する。

乗客の転落事故を防ぐため国交省は鉄道各社に設置を促してきたが、プラットホームが狭かったり、コストがかかったりするほか、首都圏や関西では相互乗り入れが多く、編成数や扉の位置が異なる車両への対応が懸案となっていた。

西武新所沢駅で実証実験する可変型ホーム柵

相模鉄道弥生台駅で実証実験する昇降バー式ホームドアのイメージ

東急つきみ野駅で実証実験する昇降ロープ式ホームドア(上昇時)のイメージ
Official MLIT press release:
http://www.mlit.go.jp/report/press/t...hh_000042.html

In an effort to accelerate platform door installation in Japan, they will be testing out three different platform door technologies from three different providers at three different stations with the help of three major private railways in the Tōkyō area. These are designed to tackle the three largest obstacles to implementing platform doors in Japan: inconsistent door configurations, the need for high accuracy in stopping trains at the correct platform locations, and the need to reinforce platforms to support the added weight.

Pocket-type “smart” doors
Manufacturer: Kobelco
This is the type that can move to match the door configuration of the incoming train. They will test this one out at Tokorozawa Station (four tracks, two island platforms) on the Seibu Shinjuku Line starting in June 2013.

Rope-type doors
Manufacturer: Nippon Signal
This is a simple, lightweight, low-cost installation that involves as series of ropes being raised and lowered to provide a barrier between the platform and the train. They will test this one out at Tsukimino Station (two tracks, two side platforms) on the Tōkyū Den’en Toshi Line starting in July 2013.

Bar-type doors
Manufacturer: Takamisawa Cybernetics
Similar to the rope-type doors, but using cylindrical bars instead. This one will be tested at Yayoidai Station (two tracks, two side platforms) on the Sōtetsu Izumino Line starting in October 2013.

Work begins on installing platform doors at Ōtsuka Station on the Yamanote Line (2013.03.05):

n20 liked this post
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #4952
Blackraven

Likes (Received): 234

Interesting news

Let's hope all of those three companies and their respective technologies would please the MLIT with regards to their requirements regarding platform screen doors, platform edge doors and platform gates =)
Blackraven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #4953
quashlo

Planning work for new station in Dazaifu restarts
http://mainichi.jp/area/fukuoka/news...10317000c.html

Quote:
 JR太宰府駅(仮称)の新設を含む太宰府市の佐野東地区まちづくり構想検討委員会(委員長・坂井猛九州大学教授ら10人)の初会合が5日、同市役所であった。03年の大水害で頓挫していた構想が10年ぶりに再始動する。2年かけて構想をまとめる。【勝野昭龍】

新駅はJR鹿児島線・水城−都府楼南駅間の待避線が設けられている場所に建設を予定し、88年に市とJRが覚書を結んだ。05年の九州国立博物館の開館に合わせ、太宰府が駅名になるPR効果を狙い、駅舎や駅前広場の建設基本構想もつくった。しかし、水害の復旧に約30億円かかるなどで建設計画は棚上げされた。

佐野東地区は市西部の田畑が広がる市街化調整区域約30ヘクタール。民間で組合をつくり土地区画整理をする方向で進めている。井上保広市長は検討委で「大水害で新駅は断念したが、まちづくりの一つとして必要だという認識だ。観光、商業の振興、交通体系の在り方など広い視野で構想をつくりたい」と述べた。

委員会は識者4人と地元代表、JRなど6人で構成。委員からは交通アクセスと隣接する筑紫野市との協議が鍵を握る、との指摘があった。井上市長は「実現できるかどうかは別として、九州自動車道太宰府インターから事実上高架で結ばれた国道3号の朱雀大路交差点から御笠川にふたをして上に道路を通し、天満宮駐車場へ直結させるなどいろんな方法を模索したい。筑紫野市とも十分協議していきたい」と答えた。

この地区には総合体育館も建設予定で、新駅の建設費を市がほぼ全額負担する必要があるなど課題は多い。委員の高山智宏JR九州経営企画部副課長は「周辺整備、交通アクセス、まちづくりの具体化、採算性、それらが固まってからの駅づくりだ。議論に期待し見守っていきたい」と述べた。
This is a proposed new station to be built on a passing siding along the JR Kagoshima Main Line between Mizuki and Tofurō-Minami Stations. An MOU was originally signed between Dazaifu City and JR Kyūshū way back in 1988, and there was hope that the city would finally get a station to its name in 2005 with the opening of the Kyūshū National Library. A basic plan for the station building and station plaza had already been drafted before a 2003 flood caused about ¥3 billion in damages and forced the project to be temporarily shelved. Work will now begin again on the station, along with land readjustment of 30 ha of farmland in the Sano-Higashi district surrounding the proposed station site.

The siding in question:

Old March 6th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #4954
quashlo

Shinjuku retail stores eye Fukutoshin Line through-service
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/2013...000881000.html

Quote:
東京・渋谷と横浜を結ぶ東急東横線と東京メトロ副都心線の直通運転が始まるのを前に、副都心線の沿線にある新宿のデパートなどでは、大がかりな改装を行って横浜方面などから買い物客を呼び込もうという動きが活発になっています。

このうち、大手デパート「伊勢丹」の新宿本店は、大がかりな改装工事を終え、6日、全面的にオープンしました。今回の改装では、正面玄関を吹き抜けにして開業した昭和8年当時の姿に復元したほか、店内は、ファッションの美術館をイメージして、衣料品やハンドバッグなどを額縁に収めたように陳列するコーナーを数多く設け、見るだけでも楽しめる店作りを目指したということです。
また、衣料品店「バーニーズニューヨーク」の新宿の店も、富裕層向けの専用のフロアを新設するといった改装を行い、6日、全面的にオープンしました。
これらの店では、今月16日から東急東横線と東京メトロ副都心線の直通運転が始まるのを前に、「ファッションの街・新宿」をアピールし、渋谷で買い物をしていた横浜方面などの客を呼び込みたいとしています。
これに対して、渋谷駅周辺の商業施設では、直通運転を記念したイベントを行う計画で、新宿と渋谷の間で買い物客に足を運んでもらおうという競争が激しくなりそうです。
Nothing new, but this one, like a lot of NHK articles, has a video to go with it.
Old March 6th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #4955
quashlo

JR East to provide Wi-Fi covering all of Tōkyō Station
http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2013/03/06/224/

Quote:
JR東日本は、4月より東京駅構内全体をカバーする公衆無線LANサービスを提供する。また、鉄道関連情報を無線LANやエリアワンセグ放送より提供し、利用者ニーズに応じた情報提供に向けて駅構内に共通ネットワークを整備する。

公衆無線LANサービス等の提供は、同社では昨年10月に策定した経営構想の一環として実施されるもの。現在、駅構内の一部エリアのみで提供している公衆無線LANサービスを東京駅構内全体で場所を選ばず利用可能にする。

また、駅改札付近に設置している異常時案内用ディスプレイの列車遅延、振替輸送等の情報や新幹線の発車情報をスマホ向けアプリとエリアワンセグ放送を通じて利用者に提供していく。なお、エリアワンセグ放送は震災等の緊急時においても利用制限なしに一度に多数の利用者に情報提供が可能だとしている。

列車運行情報と新幹線発車情報イメージ
Bit more info on this one…
Old March 6th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #4956
quashlo

Tōkyō Olympic committee showcases railway infrastructure in bid
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/2013...988661000.html

Quote:
IOC=国際オリンピック委員会による東京での現地視察は、3日目の6日、輸送など社会インフラをテーマにプレゼンテーションが行われ、東京の招致委員会は、緻密なダイヤで運行される鉄道網など、大会運営を支えるハード面での優位性をアピールしました。

2020年夏のオリンピックとパラリンピックの招致を巡るIOCによる現地視察は、3日目の6日、「輸送」や「宿泊施設」など社会インフラをテーマに、東京側のプレゼンテーションが行われています。
このうち「輸送」では、緻密なダイヤで1日に2570万人を輸送できる鉄道網がすでに整っていることや、大会期間中には道路に専用の車線を設けて関係者の会場移動をスムーズに行う計画を立てていることなどを説明しました。
また、「宿泊施設」では、IOCの要求を超える4万6000室をすでに確保したことなどが紹介され、大会運営を支えるハード面でライバルとなる2つの都市に対する優位性をアピールしました。
午後からは、期間中最後となる競技会場の視察が行われ、午後7時からは、安倍総理大臣が主催する公式の夕食会が、視察団を招いて開かれることになっています。
Tōkyō’s extensive existing infrastructure, including its dense rail network, is a key element of their Olympic bid. The only reason I bothered pulling this article was that it’s one of the few times where we actually get quoted numbers of daily rail ridership in Greater Tōkyō: 25.70 million. Not sure how they got this number—I suspect this is actually number of people in the metro area who use trains at least once a day.
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #4957
quashlo

For the more maniacal among us, here's a pre-draft of my latest pet project...
Stringlines for the combined Tōyoko Line + Fukutoshin Line (northbound direction).

The regular station schedules don’t allow you to visualize the complexity of the operation or to fully appreciate all the work that the planners put into designing the schedule, but this makes it much easier, allowing us to see the patterns and where passes and cross-platform transfers are made.

We can easily discern two patterns for the morning rush and the midday (there's at least one more for the evening rush)… The midday 特急 service with 4 tph is also pretty sweet: on the combined Tōyoko Line + Fukutoshin Line, it only stops at a handful of stations, passing as many as four locals (@ Kikuna, Moto-Sumiyoshi, Jiyūgaoka, and Shibuya) and one express (@ Higashi-Shinjuku).

Enjoy!

Click for larger.
black = local 各停
red = express 急行
blue = commuter limited express 通勤特急
green = limited express 特急

I plan to continue working on this for at least a while, updating it once we get the schedules for the Minato Mirai Line and the Tōjō Line and perhaps doing ones for the Yūrakuchō Line and Seibu Ikebukuro Line.
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #4958
smithrh

Likes (Received): 10

Awesome work!

One thing - when looking at the image hosted on imageshack, I can't make out what I believe are the station names on the left hand side...
smithrh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #4959
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

me neither-totally impressed, though
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #4960
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11252

I'm truly impressed with the string lines project you're making, my friend! I mean, I have seen that in an NHK documentary, but your design looks pretty amazing… now I understand how trains keep on managing their extremely punctual schedules despite trains running as many as 10 tph or more during the rush hour. Simply fantastic work!

Hopefully, that system can be deployed in other transit agencies as well...

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote