daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 11th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #5001
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonallen1966 View Post
sorry about that, wrong link, please try again.
Thank you very much.
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #5002
jonallen1966

Likes (Received): 13

I've been following the construction of this line since it began. I wil try and dig out my photos from the start of the project and do some before and after shots.
jonallen1966 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #5003
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonallen1966 View Post
I've been following the construction of this line since it began. I wil try and dig out my photos from the start of the project and do some before and after shots.

Again, thanks. Its very appreciated.
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #5004
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

JR West announces redevelopment, replacement of Sannomiya Station
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNAS...10C13A3LDA000/

Quote:
西日本旅客鉄道(JR西日本)は主要駅の再開発を加速する。乗客数5位の三ノ宮駅(神戸市)について、駅南側の広場を活用し駅ビルを建て替える方針を固めた。3位の天王寺駅(大阪市)でも改装の検討を始めた。1位の大阪と2位の京都は改装済みで、主要駅に投資を集中させて収益を底上げする。

JR西日本は13日発表する2013~17年度の中期経営計画に、三ノ宮駅の再開発構想を盛り込む方針だ。詳細は未定だが、事業費は数百億円規模に達し、完成には10年近くかかる見通しだ。

背景には三ノ宮駅の存在感の低下がある。1日の平均乗客数は約12万人で同社のなかで5位。1位の大阪駅(約41万人)や2位の京都駅(約19万人)との差は大きい。

現在の駅ビル「三宮ターミナルビル」には商業施設の三宮OPAやホテルが入っている。開業は1981年と古く、集客力に陰りが見えていた。

それに対し京都駅は97年、大阪駅は11年に刷新し活況を呈している。特にJR大阪三越伊勢丹や専門店ビルのルクアが入る大阪駅ビル「大阪ステーションシティ」は、開業から1年間の利用客が1億3千万人に達した。

このため三ノ宮駅の地元自治体や経済界の間では、再開発への期待が高まっていた。兵庫県の井戸敏三知事は11日の記者会見で「大阪・うめきたなどの大規模開発で三宮の位置付けが問われる中、街づくりの核となる駅ビルの再開発は大変歓迎」と述べた。

神戸市も再開発を後押しする構え。4~5年前から駅ビルの建て替えなどでJR西日本と協議してきた。「都市再生緊急整備地域として都市計画の緩和措置などが必要になる」として、具体化を検討する。

JR西日本にとっても主要駅の再開発は重要だ。11年度の在来線の輸送人員は17億4900万人と、ピークの96年度より5%少なかった。今後も人口減で伸び悩みが予想されており、駅ビルなどによる収益の底上げが急務となっている。

新たな中期経営計画では、主力路線である大阪環状線の活性化も打ち出す。車両の更新や高架下の開発などを通じ、乗客の維持・拡大をめざす。

なかでも天王寺駅については、商業施設「天王寺MIO(ミオ)」を含む改装を検討しているもよう。同駅周辺では来春、高さ300メートルの超高層複合ビルのあべのハルカスが開業する予定で、相乗効果で利用増を狙う。

一連の再開発計画からは、乗客数が伸びる余地の大きい駅に投資を集中させるJR西日本の戦略が透けて見える。関西全体の人の流れにも影響を与えそうだ。

駅南の広場を活用し、駅ビルを建て替える(11日、神戸市中央区)

After the completion of Ōsaka Station City, this was rumored to be JR West’s next big station project, and sure enough, it’s been reported that they will finally release the details in their 2013-2017 Mid-Range Business Plan to be published on 2013.03.13. The project will involve replacing and redeveloping their Kōbe terminal (with 120,000 daily entries, their fifth busiest station), making use of the 12,000 sq m station plaza at the south side of the station. It’s well overdue given that both JR Kyōto and JR Ōsaka were fully renovated (410,000 and 190,000 daily entries, respectively) in 1997 and 2011, respectively. The project is expected to cost several tens of billions of yen.

The current station tenant building (Sannomiya Terminal Building) opened in 1981 and is home to Sannomiya OPA (a retail facility) and a hotel.

It appears they will also announce plans to renovate Tennōji Station, which is getting a lot of attention due to Kintetsu’s developments at their adjacent Ōsaka Abenobashi Terminal related to Abeno Harukas. The renovation would include the retail facility at the station (Tennōji MIO). The plan is also expected to include improvements related to the Ōsaka Loop Line (about time!), including rolling stock upgrades and new development underneath the elevated tracks.

ko7, n20 liked this post
quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:39 AM   #5005
quashlo

Temporary station building to be constructed as part of Jōshū Tomioka Station replacement
http://response.jp/article/2013/03/11/193306.html

Quote:
上信電鉄は上信線上州富岡駅の新築工事に伴い、仮駅舎に移転すると発表した。工事期間は3月11日から9月30日までを予定している。

上信電鉄は、群馬県高崎市の高崎駅と下仁田町の下仁田町を結ぶ全長33.7kmの上信線を運営。富岡市内にある上州富岡駅は1897年に開業し、現在の駅舎は1970年に完成したが、このほど建て替えられることになった。

現在の駅舎は高崎方の南側に設けられているが、仮駅舎は下仁田方の南側に設置。近くには臨時駐輪場も設けられる。
Official press release:
http://www.joshin-dentetsu.co.jp/ima...kariekisya.pdf

This is a tiny 33.7 km private railway between Takasaki and Shimo-Nita up in Gunma. Jōshū Tomioka opened in 1897, but the current station building dates to 1970. It will now be completely rebuilt, requiring construction of a temporary station (construction will last between 2013.03.11 and 2013.09.30).
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #5006
quashlo

Cerberus prepares for Seibu IPO
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...japan-ipo.html

Quote:
Cerberus Capital Management LP, a private-equity firm, plans to increase its holdings in Japanese rail and hotel operator Seibu Holdings Inc. as it aims to install a new team of directors.

Cerberus plans to raise voting rights in Seibu Holdings to as much as 36.4 percent from 32.4 percent through an offer to buy outstanding shares at 1,400 yen ($14.57) each, according to a statement distributed today at the Tokyo Stock Exchange.

The firm, which is based in New York and oversees more than $20 billion, also plans to recommend Hirofumi Gomi, a former commissioner of Japan’s Financial Services Agency, Masaharu Ikuta, former president of Japan Post, and Yuji Shirakawa, former chairman of Citigroup Global Markets Japan as board of directors at a shareholders’ meeting scheduled in June, according to the statement.

Cerberus, Seibu’s biggest shareholder, has hired five banks for a proposed initial public offering of the rail and hotel operator, a person with knowledge of the matter said last May. The sale may raise as much as 1 trillion yen, according to a Reuters report published on May 11, citing four unidentified people with direct knowledge of the plan. Spokesmen for the five banks all declined to comment when contacted by Bloomberg News in May.

Seibu declined to comment on a possible IPO of the company, Shuhei Akasaka, a spokesman said by telephone from Saitama, Japan, today.

The company is the seventh-largest railway operator in the Tokyo area by ticket sales, according to figures from East Japan Railway Co. (9020), the largest rail operator. It had 95.1 billion yen of ticket sales in the fiscal year ended March 2010, according to JR East. The company’s operations also include hotels, golf resorts and buses.

Cerberus took a stake in Seibu after leading a bailout of the train company with Nikko Principal Investments Japan Ltd. in 2005. The rail operator was delisted from the Tokyo stock exchange the previous year after misstating stakes held by shareholders, breaking stock exchange rules.

Seibu was previously run by Yoshiaki Tsutsumi. He amassed a $16 billion personal fortune while at its helm that made him the world’s richest man in 1990, according to Forbes magazine.
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #5007
quashlo

New West Exit at Shakujii Kōen Station to open 2013.03.23
http://response.jp/article/2013/03/11/193299.html

Quote:
西武鉄道は3月11日、東京都練馬区の街づくりの一環として整備を進めてきた池袋線石神井公園駅の西口について、3月23日11時頃から使用を開始すると発表した。当日は完成イベントも実施される。

石神井公園駅は、地上を走る複線の線路を高架橋の複々線に変更する工事が進められ、2012年6月までに線路の高架化が完了。引き続き高架駅舎の西口の工事が行われていた。

西口は現在の中央口の反対側に設けられ、南北を結ぶ通路と改札口を設置。駅のホーム階段には、2012年7月7日開催のイベント「石神井公園の池を描こう」で参加者が作成したレリーフを設置する。西武は高架駅舎北側の練馬自転車歩行者専用道路と合わせ、街の回遊性が高まり利便性が向上するとしている。

完成イベントは11時頃から15時まで開催。地元の人々による出店や演奏会、西武鉄道のグッズ販売などが予定されている。
In other Seibu news, the railway will open the new West Exit at Shakujii Kōen Station on 2013.03.23. They had already completed the quadruple-tracking and elevation of the tracks near the station last year (2012.06), and have just now completed the West Exit.

Official press release:
http://www.seibu-group.co.jp/railway...akujiikoen.pdf

Render:

Old March 12th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #5008
quashlo

Draft plan for new station building at Tokuyama Station complete
http://www.chugoku-np.co.jp/News/Tn201303130030.html

Quote:
 周南市は、JR徳山駅周辺整備で建て替える駅ビルの基本構想案をまとめた。情報・メディアゾーンを核施設に位置付け、18日から市民に意見を募る。新年度に基本構想をまとめて設計に入り、2017年度の完成を目指す。

構想案では約1700平方メートルの敷地に3階建て新駅ビルを公共施設として建設。集客を担う情報・メディアゾーンは3階に設ける。市民が音声や映像、インターネット、書籍などで情報収集できる場にする。具体的な施設内容は新年度に検討する。

1階はイベントに使える屋外広場や特産品などの販売所、交番を置く。建設中の橋上駅舎につながる2階は、観光案内所や休憩所、カフェなどの軽飲食店を設ける。

市は市民の意見を聞いた上で基本構想を策定し、新年度に基本設計に着手する。設計費約4170万円を新年度一般会計補正予算案に計上している。15年度に現在の駅ビルを解体し、17年度の新駅ビル完成を予定する。
Shūnan City has compiled a vision plan for the new station tenant building, part of the station area improvements at JR Tokuyama Station. The 1,700 sq m building will be three stories tall, with an information / media facility as the anchor. Design will start in the new fiscal year, with completion in FY2017.
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #5009
quashlo

First Fukui Railway LRV arrives
http://www.fukuishimbun.co.jp/localn...ety/40955.html

Quote:
 福井鉄道福武線が新たに導入する最新型の次世代型低床車両(LRV)が12日、福井県越前市北府2丁目の車両工場に入った。設備の確認や運転士の訓練を行い、31日から営業運転を始める。

同社が半世紀ぶりに導入する新型車両「F1000形」は、3両編成で座席数53、定員155人。同社によると、LRVの中で国内最大の定員数という。

乗降口にほとんど段差がなく乗り降りしやすい。発光ダイオード(LED)の天井灯、消費電力の少ないモーターを使用し、省エネを実現している。導入費は約3億1700万円。

同日午前4時ごろ、新型車両を載せた大型トレーラー3台が工場前に到着した。同8時半ごろからクレーン車2台を使い1両ずつレールに下ろして3両を連結、けん引車で工場内に搬入した。

30日に試乗会、31日に出発式を行い車両の愛称を発表する。今後は2014年から16年まで、1年に1編成ずつ導入していく予定。

クレーンで線路に下ろされる新型低床車両「F1000形」=12日午前8時41分、越前市北府2丁目の福井鉄道車両基地
The first LRV for the Fukui Railway Fukubu Line arrived on 2013.03.12 at the yard in Echizen City. After some testing and operator training, it will enter service on 2013.03.31. The F1000 series will be an articulated 3-car design, Fukutetsu’s first new train in close to 50 years. The railway will be introducing one additional train a year from 2014 to 2016.
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #5010
quashlo

Keikyū to construct new station tenant building at Keikyū Kawasaki
http://news.kanaloco.jp/localnews/article/1303120031/

Quote:
 京浜急行電鉄は12日、川崎市川崎区の京急川崎駅に駅ビルを建設すると発表した。商業施設とビジネスホテルからなる建物で地上12階建て、延べ床面積は約9千平方メートル。2013年度上期に着工し、15年度中の開業を目指す。

建物は、同駅中央口改札と直結。大師線ホーム上部にも商業施設を展開させる。1~5階には商業施設、3~12階には同社のグループ会社が運営するビジネスホテル「京急EXイン」が入る。商業施設への出店店舗は未定。ホテルの客室数は170室を予定している。

同社は12年10月、京急川崎駅とJR川崎駅を結ぶ歩行者専用道路沿いの高架下に京急ストア川崎店を開業。大師線港町駅前では総戸数1408戸の大規模マンションを建設しており、人口が増加傾向にある川崎エリアの開発に注力している。

JR川崎駅では、駅へのアクセス性の向上と東西自由通路の混雑緩和などのため、北口自由通路と新たな改札口の整備が進められており、京急電鉄は駅周辺の回遊性が向上することで集客が見込めると判断した。

同社広報は「川崎エリアの新しい玄関口として駅利用者の利便性向上と駅周辺のさらなる活性化を図っていく。羽田空港や都心へのアクセスも良好であり、宿泊客も取り込んでいきたい」と話している。\

京急川崎駅に計画中の駅ビルのイメージ図(京急電鉄提供)
This will be a new 12-story, 9,000 sq m (GFA) building at Keikyū Kawasaki, comprising retail space (1st through 5th floors) and a 170-room Keikyū EX Inn business hotel (3rd through 12th floors). Groundbreaking will take place in the first half of FY2013, with completion sometime in FY2015. The building will be directly connected to the Central Exit of the station and will include a retail facility above the Daishi Line platforms.

Keikyū just opened a Keikyū Store (supermarket) underneath their elevated tracks, along a pedestrian-only path connecting the Keikyū and JR stations, in December, and a new 1,408-unit condo development is under construction at Minatochō Station on the Daishi Line. Various improvements are also underway at JR Kawasaki Station, including construction of a new North Exit public passage and new ticketing entrance to improve access to the station and alleviate congestion inside the existing east-west public passage.
Old March 14th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #5011
quashlo

Sapporo Municipal Subway adds gap fillers at stations
http://response.jp/article/2013/03/13/193449.html

Quote:
札幌市交通局では、地下鉄乗降時における車両とホームとの隙間からの転落防止対策として、乗降口のホーム側面に転落防止ゴムを設置した。

対象は、2駅3乗降口で、2013年3月6日に、南北線麻生駅2番ホーム24番乗降口、3月10日に、東西線新さっぽろ駅2番ホーム1番・21番乗降口に施工した。

今後の設置計画として、2013年度には、更に2乗降口(2駅)への設置を予定しており、2014年度以降も、15cm以上の隙間のある乗降口を対象に順次設置箇所を拡大していく予定。

2013年度の設置予定は、東西線南郷7丁目駅1番ホーム3番乗降口、東豊線美園駅1番ホーム11番乗降口。2014年度以降の計画は、2014年度に東西線、2015年度に南北線、2016年度に東豊線へと順次設置箇所を拡大する予定。

The Sapporo City Transportation Bureau has installed three new gap fillers in the past few days. The first one began operation on 2013.03.06 at Asabu Station on the Namboku Line, located at Door 24 of Platform 2. Two other installations began operation on 2013.03.10 at Shin-Sapporo Station on the Tōzai Line, at Door 1 and Door 21 of Platform 2. They will install an additional two units at two station in FY2013: Door 3, Platform 1 at Nangō 7-chōme Station on the Tōzai Line and Door 11, Platform 1 at Misono Station on the Tōhō Line, later expanding the program starting in FY2014 (Tōzai Line), FY2015 (Namboku Line), and FY2016 (Tōhō Line) to gradually cover all locations where the gap is over 15 cm.

ko7 liked this post
Old March 14th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #5012
smithrh

Likes (Received): 10

Commercial/Non-YouTube videos?

Maybe a year or so ago, I found some Japanese sites that were - or at least appeared to me to be - selling cab view video commercially in BluRay format. Unfortunately, I did not save the link. "I can find this again no problem," yeah right.

If I recall right - and I may not - this included cab view video of Shinkansen routes, and other routes where there isn't any forward passenger view available (NEx, other inter-city trains). I've never found anything other that extremely short and low-quality video of Shinkansen cab operations on YouTube, so this was an interesting find.

What was offered seemed to be of very high quality, and was certainly fairly expensive, I'm recalling prices around 7500Y.

My Google-fu fails me again - Google is offering up a lot of YouTube videos, which isn't helpful.

Any pointers to sites selling such videos?
smithrh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #5013
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithrh View Post
Maybe a year or so ago, I found some Japanese sites that were - or at least appeared to me to be - selling cab view video commercially in BluRay format. Unfortunately, I did not save the link. "I can find this again no problem," yeah right.

If I recall right - and I may not - this included cab view video of Shinkansen routes, and other routes where there isn't any forward passenger view available (NEx, other inter-city trains). I've never found anything other that extremely short and low-quality video of Shinkansen cab operations on YouTube, so this was an interesting find.

What was offered seemed to be of very high quality, and was certainly fairly expensive, I'm recalling prices around 7500Y.

My Google-fu fails me again - Google is offering up a lot of YouTube videos, which isn't helpful.

Any pointers to sites selling such videos?
Vicom is a producer of such videos. There may be others. I don't know where foreign buyers can acquire these, others may know.

http://vicom.co.jp/mt/bluray/bdtenbou/

*they have a youtube page with previews of their videos:

Last edited by k.k.jetcar; March 14th, 2013 at 03:32 PM.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #5014
smithrh

Yep, that's the one!

Thanks - and I suspect there are other companies out there as well, but I also suspect YouTube has hurt them quite a bit.
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #5015
quashlo

JR West releases mid-range business plan

Don’t have time to go into the details, but you can download it here:
http://www.westjr.co.jp/company/info.../plan_2017.pdf
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #5016
quashlo

Suica to be accepted by Sapporo Municipal Subway, trams starting 2013.06.22

Official press release:
http://www.jreast.co.jp/press/2012/20130309.pdf

The Sapporo Municipal Subway and trams, together with three bus companies (JR Hokkaidō Bus, Jōtetsu Corporation, and Hokkaidō Chūō Bus), will begin accepting Suica on Saturday, June 22. This is a one-way interoperability, with Suica being accepted by these operators, but not SAPICA.
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #5017
quashlo

Odakyū quadruple-tracking to be completed in FY2017

Official press release:
http://www.odakyu.jp/program/info/da...4_4502300_.pdf

Odakyū Electric Railway has just announced that they are aiming to complete the quadruple-tracking of 2.2 km of their main line (Odawara Line) between Yoyogi Uehara and Umegaoka in FY2017, followed by completion of all project work (including crossing removal and construction of new roads) in FY2018. Project work on this segment began in 2003, so the full construction timeline will end up being about 15 years. However, this is really just Phase 2 of the much larger ¥310 billion project to quadruple track the Higashi-Kitazawa – Izumi Tamagawa section of the line (10.4 km), of which the other section (Setagaya Daita – Izumi Tamagawa) was already completed some time ago. Completion of Phase 2 will mark full completion of the project, and they will finally be able to make full use of the already-completed quadruple track at the outer end to substantially increase the number of trains.

As we already know, they will soon be opening the initial portions of the underground stations at Setagaya Daita, Shimo-Kitazawa, and Higashi-Kitazawa on 2013.03.23. They now have a pretty nice webpage up and running:
http://www.odakyu.jp/release/underground-stations/

This first opening is really just the local tracks… The remaining work that will last into FY2017 involves construction of the second set of tracks to be used by limited-stop trains.

Clips of Odakyū’s fleet:

Collection of Odakyū CMs between 2002 and 2012:

Old March 15th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #5018
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 467

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm going out to try to film the Toyoko Line switchover tonight in a few hours; There's also a ceremony in Shibuya Terminal for the last train to pull outta there and I hope to get that as well.

I took some pix earlier today on the viaduct between Daikanyama and Shibuya; I'll actually upload and embed them later, but for now-- here they are on my Google + page. (update: fixed!)

https://plus.google.com/108098330393...ts/8a3APdjVTw8

Enjoy!

Oh and by the way-- the "Shibuya Hikarie Train" otherwise known as Tokyu 4110F is in Nagatsuta Yards getting outfitted for it's debut one month from now.

This train is going to have energy efficient lighting, HVAC, and traction systems. It's also been wrapped in gold and black to commemerate the 1 year anniversary of Tokyu's Hikarie building which is also connects to the new terminal for the Toyoko line in it's basement. It's the 10th 10-car train in the 5050-4000 series; 4101~4109 will be out on the new combined Minato-Mirai/Toyoko/Fukutoshin/Yurakucho/Seibu Ikebukuro/Tobu Tojo runs starting tomorrow morning at 5am sharp according to my timetable.

quashlo liked this post

Last edited by starrwulfe; March 16th, 2013 at 08:47 AM. Reason: fixing URL
starrwulfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #5019
smithrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrwulfe View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm going out to try to film the Toyoko Line switchover tonight in a few hours; There's also a ceremony in Shibuya Terminal for the last train to pull outta there and I hope to get that as well.
Awesome, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrwulfe View Post
I took some pix earlier today on the viaduct between Daikanyama and Shibuya; I'll actually upload and embed them later, but for now-- here they are on my Google + page.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/10809833...ts/8a3APdjVTw8
I get a 404 on that page, FYI...
Old March 15th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #5020
Milkmaster

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithrh View Post
Awesome, thanks!
I get a 404 on that page, FYI...
Here's his g+ page, you should find everything there: https://plus.google.com/108098330393589915102/posts
Milkmaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote