daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 27th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #5181
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

Okinawa bus companies to introduce low-floor buses
http://mainichi.jp/area/okinawa/news...40008000c.html

Quote:
 障がいのある人や高齢者らが快適にバスを利用できるよう、沖縄バス、琉球バス交通、那覇バスの3社が県と協力して、3月下旬から「ノンステップバス」の運行を開始する。2012年度は沖縄本島に35台、石垣島に5台の計40台を導入する。

ノンステップバスは乗降口の段差がなく、車いすスペースが原則2台分以上確保されているなど、身体が不自由な人に配慮した設計になっている。車いす利用時のスロープ板の取り付けや安全ベルト介助は運転手が行う。

このノンステップバスの出発式が26日、那覇市の奥武山公園で行われた。バスに試乗したNPO法人県自立生活センター・イルカの宮城秀明さん(32)=沖縄市=は「スロープの傾斜も低く、乗り心地は良い。障がいのない人にもバスの存在を知ってもらうことで、ますます普及につながると思う」と期待を込めた。県は2016年までの5年間に約200台のノンステップバスの導入を目指し、バス会社を支援していく。
Three bus companies in Okinawa Prefecture (Okinawa Bus, Ryūkyū Bus Kōtsū, and Naha Bus) will begin operating low-floor buses in revenue service starting in late March. With support from Okinawa Prefecture, a total of 40 new buses will be introduced across the three companies in FY2012, including 35 on the main island and 5 on Ishigakijima. The Prefectural Government is aiming to introduce about 200 total low-floor buses during the five-year period leading up to 2016.

A ride on ガージュ号, a trial electric bus service that operated late last year in Naha City.

quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #5182
quashlo

Minor schedule tweaks for Kōbe Port Liner
http://response.jp/article/2013/03/25/194344.html

Quote:
神戸新交通はポートアイランド線(ポートライナー)のダイヤ改正を3月29日に実施する。平日朝ラッシュ時の運行本数を増やし、混雑を緩和する。

神戸新交通は兵庫県神戸市などが出資する第三セクター。神戸港内に造成された人工島のポートアイランドと神戸空港、六甲アイランドのアクセス路線としてポートライナーと六甲アイランド線(六甲ライナー)の2路線を運営している。このうちポートライナーは、神戸市内中心部の三宮駅からポートアイランドを経て神戸空港駅まで往復する系統と、三宮駅からポートアイランド内を周回して三宮駅に戻る系統が運行されている。

今回の改正では、平日朝ラッシュ時の三宮発8時10~40分について、混雑緩和のため神戸空港行きの運行本数を現在より2本多い9本とする。ポートアイランドを周回する系統の本数は現在と同じ5本。これにより運行間隔は6秒短い2分23分となる。

ただし、前後の時間帯では運行間隔を長くするため、三宮発7時56分~9時4分の運行本数で見ると現在と同じ27本となり、このうちポートアイランドを周回する系統は現在より2本少ない10本、神戸空港行きの系統は2本多い17本となる。
This is the AGT line out of Sannomiya Station connecting to Kōbe’s Port Island and Kōbe Airport. They will initiate schedule changes on 2013.03.29, focusing on improvements during the morning rush hour. Specifically, they will add another two departures from Sannomiya for Kōbe Airport between 8:10 to 8:40 (from 7 trains to 9 trains) by tweaking their schedules in the periods before and after. Overall, the total number of departures from Sannomiya between 7:56 and 9:04 will remain the same (27 trains), but the Port Island circular route will lose two trips (12 trains to 10 trains) while the Kōbe Airport route will gain two trips (15 trains to 17 trains).

Cab view from Kōbe Airport to Sannomiya (2013.02.16):

Old March 27th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #5183
quashlo

Toyama, Ishikawa at odds over IC farecard for Hokuriku Line
http://www.chunichi.co.jp/hokuriku/a...702100010.html

Quote:
七尾、北陸線 未定のままでは…

北陸新幹線金沢開業後の並行在来線(現JR北陸線)で、全国で相互利用が始まった交通ICカードをめぐり、北陸二県が一枚岩になれずにいる。富山県が全国で使えるJR西日本の「ICOCA(イコカ)」を導入すべく準備するのに対し、レールがつながる石川県は様子見の状態。両県の運営会社が抱える事情が異なるためで、一体的な導入を阻んでいる。

富山県は開業効果で、ICカードが浸透している首都圏などの県外客が増大することに着目。新幹線下車後に並行在来線を利用しやすくする狙いがある。将来的には富山ライトレール(富山市)や富山地方鉄道(同)の既存ICカードとの“乗り入れ”も目指す。

石川など近隣県にも輪を広げたい考えで、富山県をICカード用の自動改札システム導入で支援する予定のJR西も「富山だけというわけにはいかない」という。直通列車による県境をまたぐ移動を考えると広域での利用が求められる。しかし石川県の担当者は、サービス向上という導入効果を認めつつも「JRに腰を上げてもらわないと難しい」と胸中を明かす。県内の並行在来線は金沢以東の二十キロのみ。富山の五分の一にすぎずメリットが小さいためだ。

また、並行在来線利用客の五割は金沢開業後も、JRの七尾線と北陸線(金沢以西)に乗り換えるとみられ、両線へのイコカ導入が明確でないと不便になりかねない。JRの出方次第で検討するという立場だ。

富山県とJR西による対象路線や金額をめぐる協議の行方は周辺に大きな影響を与える。経営計画にIC導入を盛り込んだ「えちぜん鉄道」(福井市)の担当者は「一社だけでは導入しにくい。北陸全体でどうなるか」と話す。十億円単位とされる導入費がネックで、効果を生み出すには他社との連携が鍵となる。

福井大大学院の川上洋司教授(交通計画)は富山の動きに「利便性を上げて需要を高める戦略的な先行投資」と評価。「公共交通活性化は全国的な流れで、ICカードはその手段。広がりに期待したい」と話す。 (松本浩司)
With the opening of the Hokuriku Shinkansen’s Kanazawa extension fast approaching, Toyama Prefecture is making preparations to introduce JR West’s ICOCA IC farecard system to the parallel zairaisen (currently the Hokuriku Line). In the future, Toyama also hopes to make the system interoperable with existing IC card systems in Toyama for the Toyama Light Rail (Passca) and Toyama Chihō Railroad (ecomyca).

Ishikawa Prefecture is less than enthusiastic about the proposal, however, as there are some major hurdles that need to be addressed… In particular, only the portions of the Hokuriku Mian Line east of Kanazawa Staiton are being spun off by JR West to third-sector operation, with only 20 km within Ishikawa Prefecture, less than one-fifth of Toyama Prefecture’s route distance. The other issue is that half of the riders of the third-sector railway will continue to transfer to the Nanao Line and the remaining segments of the Hokuriku Main Line west of Kanazawa to remain under JR ownership, so without a commitment on JR’s part to introduce ICOCA onto these lines, Ishikawa Prefecture is wary of putting its weight behind the project.

Other railways in the Hokuriku area also have a keen eye on the fate of the proposal. In particular, Echizen Railway has included introduction of an IC farecard system as one of its business strategies, but is hoping to join a larger system in order to maximize the benefits of the capital investment in farecard technology (several billions of yen).
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #5184
quashlo

Improvements to Kamakura, Kita-Kamakura Station
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/region/news...1070007-n1.htm

Quote:
 JR東日本横浜支社は、横須賀線の鎌倉駅と北鎌倉駅の駅舎などを秋までにリニューアルする。「武家の古都・鎌倉」の世界文化遺産登録の可否が6月に決まるなど、鎌倉への注目が集まって国内外からの観光需要の増加が見込まれることから、その玄関口としてふさわしい駅にする。

同支社によると、鎌倉駅は東西駅舎の屋根と外壁を塗装するほか、地下通路部分の照明をLED照明に変更。改札口上部の広告板を茶色の駅名板に変え、「武家の古都・鎌倉」の雰囲気を作り出す。

北鎌倉駅は、駅名板を改良し、改札口付近の壁面も改修。同駅ではバリアフリー工事も進められており、来年2月に完了する予定。両駅合わせて1億6300万円程度の改修費用を見込んでいる。

現在の鎌倉駅改札口(JR東日本横浜支社提供
More info on this, with the decision on Kamakura’s designation as a World Heritage Site looming in June of this year… Specifically, Kamakura Station would get some aesthetic improvements (paint for the roofs and walls of the East Exit and West Exit station buildings), as well as LED lighting for the underground passage. As mentioned in the previous article a while ago, Kita-Kamakura would get various barrier-free improvements, extended platform canopies, and other minor changes. Total project cost for both stations is ¥163 million.
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #5185
quashlo

Full mobile coverage on Toei Subway coming 2013.03.27
http://www.sankeibiz.jp/business/new...1504004-n1.htm

Quote:
 東京都交通局と携帯電話4社は26日、都営地下鉄全線のトンネル内で、スマートフォンを含む携帯電話が利用できる工事が完了すると発表した。27日正午から利用できる。これに先立って東京メトロも21日からほぼ全線で利用できるようになっており、東京の地下鉄は一部を除いて全域でスマホ通信OKとなった。

携帯4社はNTTドコモ、KDDI、ソフトバンクモバイル、イーアクセス。東京都交通局と整備を進めてきた。東京都交通局は積極的にトンネル内で携帯電話の電波が使える工事を進めてきており、残すは大江戸線の落合南長崎駅-光が丘駅間となっていた。これにより、大江戸線、浅草線、三田線、新宿線の都営地下鉄10+ 件全線、全区間で電波が通じるようになる。

東京都交通局では従来通り車内での通話は控えるよう呼びかけるが、スマホの普及を受け、乗客の利便性に配慮した。東京都交通局は「災害時などで列車が停止した場合でも、情報収集の手段として携帯電話を活用できる」と話している。

一方の東京メトロは有楽町線と副都心線の小竹向原-千川駅間だけが連絡線の設置工事を行っているため工事ができず、平成28年度中まで先送りになるが、他はすべて完了している。このほか私鉄でもこのほど地下化された小田急線の代々木上原-梅ヶ丘間で携帯通信が使えるよう工事が行なわれるなど、携帯・スマホの通信対応が加速している。
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #5186
quashlo

JR East, Odakyū to expand three-company through-services on Chiyoda Line
http://response.jp/article/2013/03/27/194561.html

Quote:
JR東日本と小田急電鉄は3月27日、小田急線と東京メトロ千代田線、JR常磐線各駅停車の3線直通運転に向けた準備を開始すると発表した。東京メトロの車両に加え、JR東日本と小田急も3線を直通できる車両に変えていく。

現在の東京メトロ千代田線は、代々木上原駅で小田急線、綾瀬駅でJR常磐線と接続しており、それぞれ相互直通運転を行っている。3線をまたいで運転することが可能な車両は16000系など東京メトロが所有する車両に限られており、小田急の車両は綾瀬駅まで、JRの車両は代々木上原駅までの運転となっている。

準備期間は4月から3年程度を予定。JR東日本が所有する千代田線乗り入れ用のE233系2000番台と、小田急が所有する千代田線乗り入れ用の4000形に、3線を走行するための保安装置などを搭載する。これにより、JR東日本のE233系は小田急線に、小田急の4000形は常磐線にそれぞれ乗り入れることが可能となる。

千代田線に乗り入れているJR東日本のE233系2000番台(中央)と小田急電鉄の4000形(右)。保安装置などを改造し、E233系は小田急線に、4000形はJR常磐線にも乗り入れできるようにする。

東京メトロが所有する千代田線用の16000系。小田急線とJR常磐線の乗り入れに対応している。
Hot off the presses…

Official press releases:
http://www.jreast.co.jp/press/2012/20130311.pdf
http://www.odakyu.jp/program/info/da...8_5443062_.pdf

Currently, the Tōkyō Metro Chiyoda Line through-services with both the Odakyū Odawara Line and JR East’s Jōban Local Line. Compared to more complex operations like the Fukutoshin Line, Hanzōmon Line, and Asakusa Line, however, the degree of interlining is more limited in some regards… On the Odakyū side, only a very small handful of trains switch onto the Chiyoda Line at Yoyogi Uehara, with the majority still continuing onto Odakyū’s traditional terminus at Shinjuku. At the JR East end, the Jōban Local Line effectively operates as an extension of the Chiyoda Line, and virtually all trains continue on to Yoyogi Uehara. However, three-company through-services (across JR East, Tōkyō Metro, and Odakyū) are extremely rare—during the midday, there is only 1 tph, a Tama Express between Karakida on the Odakyū Tama Line and Abiko on the Jōban Local Line. In addition, these three-company services are only operated by Tōkyō Metro trains (06 series, 6000 series, and 16000 series). JR East trains can only through-service as far west as Yoyogi Uehara and Odakyū trains only as far east as Ayase.

This latest news should be welcome, though, as JR East and Odakyū have jointly announced that they will retrofit
and JR East trains across a three-year period starting in April to allow for expanded three-company through-services. The rolling stock targeted in this program will be JR East E233-2000 series and Odakyū 4000 series sets. With all the huzzah about the Fukutoshin Line through-services in the past few weeks, perhaps JR East and Odakyū had a change of heart…

Action at Yoyogi Uehara.
The video’s been edited, but as can be seen, most of the Chiyoda Line trains terminate at Yoyogi Uehara, and virtually all of them are JR East and Tōkyō Metro trains. There are only two Odakyū 4000 series in the entire video.

pudgym29 liked this post
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #5187
quashlo

Yurikamome to receive new rolling stock
http://response.jp/article/2013/03/17/193813.html

Quote:
東京都心の新橋駅と東京臨海副都心を結ぶ東京臨海新交通臨海線(新交通ゆりかもめ)を運営している東京都の第三セクター、ゆりかもめ社は3月15日、新型車両「7300系」を導入すると発表した。これにより、開業以来使用してきた7000系が数年後に全車引退することになる。

新交通ゆりかもめの構想は1980年代、臨海部の副都心開発構想とともに浮上。専用走行路に敷設された案内レールによってゴムタイヤ駆動の車両を誘導、自動運転する「Automated Guideway Transit(AGT)」タイプの新交通システムを導入することになり、1988(昭和63)年4月に運営主体となる「東京臨海新交通株式会社(現在の株式会社ゆりかもめ)」が設立された。

東京臨海新交通は同年11月、新橋~有明間の軌道事業特許と鉄道事業免許を取得して事業に着手し、1995年11月1日に新橋(当初は仮設駅)~有明間が開業した。路線の愛称名は東京都の都鳥「ユリカモメ」にちなんで「新交通ゆりかもめ」に。そして、開業に合わせて導入された車両が7000系で、全長約8.5mの車両を6両つないだ固定編成が13編成(第1~13編成)用意された。

新交通ゆりかもめは1983年に運輸省と建設省が取りまとめた標準規格によって整備されており、7000系も標準規格に基づく車両として製造されたが、臨海部を走行することから塩害対策として軽量ステンレス構造を採用。車体は全体的に丸みを帯びており、眺望を考慮して大型窓を採用するなど、ゆりかもめ以前に開業した標準規格の新交通システムに比べ、やや個性の強い車両であったといえる。

新交通ゆりかもめが開業した頃の臨海副都心は、不況の影響もあって企業の入居が進まず、空き地が広がっているような状態だった。しかも、臨海副都心で開催されるはずだった世界都市博覧会(都市博)が、1995年の都知事選で当選した青島幸男知事(当時)によって中止が決まったことから博覧会輸送による収入も期待できず、経営的には最悪なスタートを切った。

ところが、都市博の中止が大きく報道されたことで臨海副都心の認知度が逆に高まり、開業当初は「空き地の広がる臨海副都心とはどんなところなのか」という物見遊山の客で満員となった。その後も観光施設の充実に伴い新交通ゆりかもめの観光利用が増加したことから、むしろ車両の増備を迫られることになった。

開業からわずか2年後の1997年には2次車2編成(第14・15編成)を増備。翌1998年には乗降用ドアをプラグ式から外吊り式に、一部の座席をロングシートにそれぞれ変更した3次車3編成(第16~18編成)が増備され、改良を重ねながら輸送人員の増加に対応した。

さらに1999年には、制御方式をサイリスタ位相制御からVVVFインバーターを用いたCI制御に変更した7200系が登場。4次車3編成(第21~23編成)が導入され、2001年にも5次車3編成(第24~26編成)が増備されている。2005年には有明~豊洲間が延伸開業し、路線距離の延長による必要編成数の増加から2編成(第27~28編成)が増備された。

現在は7000系18編成と7200系8編成の合計26編成で、膨大な数の乗客を運んでいる。2011年度における朝ラッシュ時の混雑率は89%。同じ新交通システム路線の東京都交通局の日暮里・舎人ライナー(143%)や横浜新都市交通の金沢シーサイドライン(114%)よりすいているが、ラッシュ時以外の時間帯も利用者が多く、1日1kmあたりの平均輸送量を示す輸送密度は新交通システム路線最大の約3万8000人を誇っている。

開業から間もなく20周年を迎える新交通ゆりかもめは、開業時に導入した7000系の老朽化が課題となっている。このため、今回導入する7300系は輸送量の増加に伴う増備ではなく、初めて既存車両の更新用として製造される。2014年初頭には第1編成が営業運転を開始し、2016年度までの間に7000系と同数の18編成が導入されることから、2016年度末頃には全ての7000系編成が引退することになるだろう。

1995年の開業時に導入された7000系1次車(第13編成)。

7000系の編成先頭部。
Completely missed this… Official press release:
http://www.yurikamome.co.jp/core_sys...pdf?1364405084

Over the years, the Yurikamome has gradually received new stock to help cope with increased ridership as Odaiba and the rest of the Tōkyō Bay redevelopment zone have filled out, and currently, there are 18 7000 series sets and 8 7200 series sets. This new 7300 series, however, will be the first new rolling stock for the line built to replace older stock.

The new 7300 series will feature all-longitudinal seating (yes!!!), increasing passenger capacity by about 10%. While morning rush hour crowding is only 89%—lower than similar AGT systems, including the Nippori–Toneri Liner (143%) and the Kanazawa Seaside Line (114%)—it actually has the highest ridership density among AGTs in Japan (about 38,000 passengers per km). The biggest reason for the current setup with transverse seating is that the line does have some sightseeing value, but the result was an uncomfortable situation for standees. Converting to all-longitudinal seating like a standard commuter train should be a huge improvement.

Other major changes are switching from single-leaf to double-leaf doors, designation of priority seating in all cars, additional of more wheelchair spaces (currently 2 per train, now will be 4 per train), introduction of LCD information screens programmed in four languages (Japanese, English, Simplified Chinese, and Korean), and use of LED lighting.

The first set will begin nighttime testing soon (end of March), followed by daytime testing in the summer. Revenue service will begin in early 2014, with a total of 18 sets (108 cars) entering service by FY2016 to replace all the 7000 series trains.

Render.
Looks pretty similar to the new trains on the Kanazawa Seaside Line.

Nikkan Baynet news feature on the new trains (2013.03.22):

Old March 27th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #5188
quashlo

More videos from YouTube user karibajct:

Action at Shimo-Kitazawa on the last evening of service at the ground-level station (2013.03.21, 2013.03.22).
Some nice clips at the grade crossings that illustrate the ultimate need for the project in the first place.

Tōyoko Line and Tōjō Line through services (2013.03.16, 2013.03.17, 2013.03.21):

Tōyoko Line and Ikebukuro Line through-services (2013.03.16, 2013.03.17, 2013.03.22):

Old March 28th, 2013, 12:23 AM   #5189
quashlo

Clips of the new Fukui Railway F1000 series…
This will enter service in a few days on 2013.03.31.

Delivery by trailer and assembly (2013.03.12):

Recent testing at Fukui Station:

Old March 28th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #5190
quashlo

First peak at the new E233-7000 series for the Saikyō Line / Kawagoe Line.
First complete set was testing on the Shin’etsu Main Line in Niigata between Niitsu and Hanyūda on 2013.03.26.

As mentioned a long time ago, these won’t have six-door cars, but this should generally be welcome news for regular Saikyō Line riders.

Arriving at Hanyūda:

Source: http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/akihito3521/

Video:

The Yokohama Line is also getting E233 series, but if I remember correctly, that order will follow the Saikyō Line order.
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:09 AM   #5191
smithrh

Likes (Received): 10

Abandoned rail lines in Tokyo area?

The other story about abandoning a line reminded me to ask - are there any abandoned lines in the Tokyo area?

In my YouTube journeys, I once saw cab view footage from a train that appeared to be chartered. I'm not at all sure, but it looked to be traveling through some of the Kawasaki industrial area towards Yokohama.

The track was rusty, and had more weeds than one would typically expect. I would have surmised it was a freight line, but I recall seeing stations (small ones) along the way. No other trains, freight or passenger, were seen the whole time. Travel was slow, and I do remember the track being much more curvy than most lines in Tokyo that I've seen. This journey passed through the basement of a pretty modern building, but there was no station in the building; it ended not shortly after that.

No, this wasn't the Tsurumi line, but that would be about the right area.

Looking at Quashlo's map, where I thought this train was was about where the Keihin Bypass line would be.

Anyways, any ideas on this mystery line, or other abandoned lines in the Tokyo area? I suspect there aren't many...
smithrh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:39 AM   #5192
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithrh View Post
The other story about abandoning a line reminded me to ask - are there any abandoned lines in the Tokyo area?

In my YouTube journeys, I once saw cab view footage from a train that appeared to be chartered. I'm not at all sure, but it looked to be traveling through some of the Kawasaki industrial area towards Yokohama.

The track was rusty, and had more weeds than one would typically expect. I would have surmised it was a freight line, but I recall seeing stations (small ones) along the way. No other trains, freight or passenger, were seen the whole time. Travel was slow, and I do remember the track being much more curvy than most lines in Tokyo that I've seen. This journey passed through the basement of a pretty modern building, but there was no station in the building; it ended not shortly after that.

No, this wasn't the Tsurumi line, but that would be about the right area.

Looking at Quashlo's map, where I thought this train was was about where the Keihin Bypass line would be.

Anyways, any ideas on this mystery line, or other abandoned lines in the Tokyo area? I suspect there aren't many...
Are you sure Tokyo area?

Do you remember how many tracks?

Electrification?

were stations lit up at all?

JR or private railway?

Landmarks?

Mountains?

Water?

Bridges?

Highways?

anything about the user name or title?

can you find it again?
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 07:47 AM   #5193
quashlo

Plenty of abandoned lines all across Japan... No time to translate, but this page is reasonably thorough, although obviously it doesn’t include things like municipal tram networks, etc.:
http://park7.wakwak.com/~oya-p/index2.html

Abandoned JNR lines:
http://park7.wakwak.com/~oya-p/haisen.html

Abandoned private railway lines:
http://park7.wakwak.com/~oya-p/si.html

Also of potential interest:

Never completed lines:
http://park7.wakwak.com/~oya-p/misei.html

Lines converted to third-sector railways:
http://park7.wakwak.com/~oya-p/tenkan.html

There's also a nice map:
http://park7.wakwak.com/~oya-p/data/map.pdf

Red = abandoned JNR / JR lines
Orange = abandoned private railway lines
Green = never completed lines
Blue = third-sector lines
Old March 28th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #5194
pudgym29
Monster Raving Loony

Likes (Received): 16

Through-runs

Quote:
Originally Posted by quashlo View Post
Playing devil's advocate, perhaps they don't really see much need for additional service. Keisei has the lowest ridership out of all of the major private railways in Tōkyō, and on some levels, the Keisei Main Line is the "main line" in name only, as the Oshiage Line carries more trains.
Compare inbound schedules at Aoto:
Keisei Main Line for Ueno
Keisei Oshiage Line for Asakusa Line, Keikyū

This will only be strengthened with the Asakusa Line bypass. Based only on ridership demand, what might be ideal for the Keisei Main Line is short local runs similar to what the Tōbu Isesaki Line does between Asakusa and Kita-Senju, or perhaps even what Nankai does with the Kōya Line branch to Shiomibashi... Problem with this realistically is that neither Aoto (bi-level design) nor Takasago (at-grade, with crossings) are ideal for turnbacks.
As far as short-run turnbacks go; perhaps even like what Toei does with Asakusa line trains running only between Sengakuji and Nishi-Magome.
Having taken photographs at Sengakuji, Aoto, and Takasago, I respectfully offer that trains are turned back at all of these stations. Keikyū terminates trains at all three. It may be tricky, but it is accomplishable.
I believe the trackwork is there for Ueno-Aoto to run as a shuttle. (I will look through my folders.) But I have to believe Keisei wants to run some trains direct from Ueno to Narita Airport.
A clutch of Keisei Oshiage line trains skip all stops between Oshiage and Aoto each hour already. I wonder if it is necessary to quadruple-track the line.
Quote:
JR East, Odakyū to expand three-company through-services on Chiyoda Line
http://response.jp/article/2013/03/27/194561.html
Hot off the presses…
Official press releases:
http://www.jreast.co.jp/press/2012/20130311.pdf
http://www.odakyu.jp/program/info/da...8_5443062_.pdf

Currently, the Tōkyō Metro Chiyoda Line through-services with both the Odakyū Odawara Line and JR East’s Jōban Local Line. Compared to more complex operations like the Fukutoshin Line, Hanzōmon Line, and Asakusa Line, however, the degree of interlining is more limited in some regards. On the Odakyū side, only a very small handful of trains switch onto the Chiyoda Line at Yoyogi Uehara, with the majority still continuing onto Odakyū’s traditional terminus at Shinjuku. At the JR East end, the Jōban Local Line effectively operates as an extension of the Chiyoda Line, and virtually all trains continue on to Yoyogi Uehara. However, three-company through-services (across JR East, Tōkyō Metro, and Odakyū) are extremely rare—during the midday, there is only 1 tph, a Tama Express between Karakida on the Odakyū Tama Line and Abiko on the Jōban Local Line. In addition, these three-company services are only operated by Tōkyō Metro trains (06 series, 6000 series, and 16000 series). JR East trains can only through-service as far west as Yoyogi Uehara and Odakyū trains only as far east as Ayase.
This latest news should be welcome, though, as JR East and Odakyū have jointly announced that they will retrofit Odakyu and JR East trains across a three-year period starting in April to allow for expanded three-company through-services. The rolling stock targeted in this program will be JR East E233-2000 series and Odakyū 4000 series sets. With all the huzzah about the Fukutoshin Line through-services in the past few weeks, perhaps JR East and Odakyū had a change of heart…

Action at Yoyogi Uehara.
The video’s been edited, but as can be seen, most of the Chiyoda Line trains terminate at Yoyogi Uehara, and virtually all of them are JR East and Tōkyō Metro trains. There are only two Odakyū 4000 series in the entire video.
{I edited out the video screen}
Back in May 2009, when I was shooting photos from the platforms at Yoyogi-Uehara station, this was the consist pattern: For each 10 trains, six were JR consists, including the now-retired JR 203 series; three were Tokyo Metro consists, including the consist each 30 minutes which through-ran onto the Odakyu Tama line; and one was an Odakyu consist.
For most of the operating day, the Tama Express has two tph.
With the grade crossing being eliminated, perhaps more through-runs can be scheduled.
pudgym29 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #5195
orulz

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudgym29 View Post
As far as short-run turnbacks go; perhaps even like what Toei does with Asakusa line trains running only between Sengakuji and Nishi-Magome.
Having taken photographs at Sengakuji, Aoto, and Takasago, I respectfully offer that trains are turned back at all of these stations. Keikyū terminates trains at all three. It may be tricky, but it is accomplishable.
I believe the trackwork is there for Ueno-Aoto to run as a shuttle. (I will look through my folders.) But I have to believe Keisei wants to run some trains direct from Ueno to Narita Airport.
A clutch of Keisei Oshiage line trains skip all stops between Oshiage and Aoto each hour already. I wonder if it is necessary to quadruple-track the line.
Perhaps if quadruple track is not necessary, more passing tracks might do the job. How is the third track at Yahiro used today?
orulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #5196
orulz

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
There's also a nice map:
http://park7.wakwak.com/~oya-p/data/map.pdf

Red = abandoned JNR / JR lines
Orange = abandoned private railway lines
Green = never completed lines
Blue = third-sector lines
It really strikes me how ridiculously overbuilt the railways were in Hokkaido, given the population density of the northern reaches I'm not surprised that they had to be abandoned.

Whats with all the abandoned private railways in the Kanazawa and Fukui area. I guess depopulation hit Hokutetsu and Fukutetsu pretty hard.

Of course if you compare with how overbuilt railways were in the US midwest, and how many miles have been abandoned, even Hokkaido looks relatively intact. (Illinois for example)
orulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #5197
quashlo

JR Kyūshū opens first solar plant
http://mainichi.jp/area/miyazaki/new...20428000c.html

Quote:
 JR九州グループの初の大規模太陽光発電所「都城太陽光発電所」が都城市栄町に完成し、27日から発電を始めた。年間で一般家庭525世帯分に相当する約210万キロワット時を発電し、九州電力に売電する。

発電所は、都城駅横の車両基地跡地に建設。敷地約2万1000平方メートルに太陽光パネル8050枚を設置した。総事業費は約8億円。最大発電能力は約2000キロワットで、同グループの関連会社・九州電気システム(本社・北九州市)が管理・運営し、年間収入8400万円を見込む。

この日は同駅駐車場で記念式典があり、関係者ら約40人が出席。JR九州の唐池恒二社長や池田宜永都城市長らが同時にボタンを押し、発電を始めた。唐池社長は「発電の分野でも九州地域に貢献していきたい」とあいさつ。河野俊嗣知事は「太陽と緑の国・宮崎の新たなシンボルになってほしい」と述べた。
First day of service was 2013.03.27. This will generate about 2.1 million kWh (enough to power 525 households for one year), and is JR Kyūshū’s first solar plant, built on 21,000 sq m of land at a former railyard at Miyakonojō Station. The 2,000 kW plant comprises 8,050 solar panels. Operation and management of the facility will be handled by a JR Kyūshū group company, generating about ¥84 million in annual revenues.
Old March 28th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #5198
quashlo

Underground mall at Himeji Station reopens
http://himeji.keizai.biz/headline/868/

Quote:
姫路駅前の再開発に伴い閉鎖されていた地下街(姫路市駅前町)が3月28日、「グランフェスタ」に名称を改めリニューアルオープンした。

同地下街の開業は1959(昭和34)年。現在の駅ナカ商業施設にあたる「民衆駅」として建設された旧駅ビル「姫路駅デパート」が、「駅デパート地下名店街」として開いた。運営は、姫路市や地元企業などが出資する「姫路観光交通会館」社で、現在の「姫路駅ビル」社。民衆駅・地下街とも兵庫県内の他都市に先駆けてのオープンだった。

オープン後の地下街は増改築による拡張を重ね、1983(昭和58)年には「FESTA GARDEN(フェスタガーデン)」に改称。今回のリニューアルでは「GRAND FESTA(グランフェスタ)」に再改称し、市の外郭団体が運営していた地下街で、同地下街と共に閉鎖していた旧「駅東ビル地下ゴールド街」の敷地と合わせ、約7000平方メートル・51店の規模でグランドオープンした。

当日は、グランドオープンを祝う式典を9時30分から開催。テープカットを行い地下街への通路が開放されると、待ちかねた市民らが一斉に入店。目当てのテナントを目指した。

テナントでは、「バーガーキング」や「タリーズコーヒー」をはじめとする姫路初出店の店舗が初々しい笑顔で来店客を迎えたほか、旧地下街の「名物店」だった純喫茶「ヤナギ」や明石焼きの「タコピア」、「御座候」が運営する回転焼きと担々麺、ジャンボギョーザのイートイン店などの復活を喜ぶ声も。暖色系照明の採用やユニバーサルデザインによる案内板の設置などで旧地下街の装いを一新した通路を、思い思いに行き交う来店客らの姿が見られた。

「オープンを待ちかねていたところ。新しい店を歓迎するとともに、懐かしい店の再開を応援したい」と来店客の一人・秋武美穂里さん(宍粟市在住)。「新駅ビル『ピオレ』のオープン(4月30日)も待ち遠しい。姫路を訪れる機会が増えそう」と話し、同地下街を含む姫路駅前地区の再開発に期待を寄せた。

営業時間は10時~20時(一部店舗では異なる)。詳しくはホームページで確認できる。
Can’t wait for the completion of all the work at Himeji Station… This will be a fantastic station once complete.

Testing of the façade lighting systems at the new station tenant building (Piole Himeji):

Old March 28th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #5199
quashlo

Hanshin to redevelop Hanshin Umeda flagship store
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNAS...20C13A3LDA000/

Quote:
 大阪市内で高層オフィスビルの建設が加速しそうだ。阪神百貨店梅田本店が入る「大阪神ビル」は2023年に約190メートルに高層化。オフィスの床面積は10万平方メートルを超す。御堂筋沿いでは高さ規制がなくなり、100メートル超も可能になる方向。いずれも27日の都市計画審議会で承認された。ただ今年もJR大阪駅北側の「うめきた」など計画が目白押しで、供給過剰を指摘する声は根強い。

阪急阪神ホールディングス(HD)は27日、大阪神ビルについて道路を挟んで南側に隣接する新阪急ビルと一体で再開発すると発表した。現在の高さは大阪神ビル、新阪急ビルともに約50メートル。建て替えにより大阪神ビルに当たる北側を約190メートル、新阪急ビルの南側を約85メートルに高層化する。

オフィスは北側の高層部分、11階から38階に入る。延べ床面積は13万3千平方メートルと、阿倍野の超高層複合ビル「あべのハルカス」のオフィスの2倍強に相当する。

1フロアの面積は約4500平方メートルと、西日本では最大規模という。一般的に、複数のフロアにまたがってオフィスを構えるより1フロアに集約する方が業務効率を高めやすい。この点は借り手企業を募る際に有利に働くとみられる。

阪神百貨店梅田本店は低層部分の地下2階から地上9階に入る。延べ床面積は約10万平方メートルと、現在と同程度。売り場の詳細は今後詰めるが、強みの食品を強化する方針。ビルの建て替え中も営業は継続する。

このほか約3千平方メートルの会議場も11階部分に設ける。大小のホールや会議室を企業などに貸し出す。災害時には帰宅困難者を受け入れる。

大阪神ビルの高層化が可能になったのは、周辺の通路や歩道橋を整備することを条件に容積率の緩和が認められたため。阪神梅田駅の北側にある東西地下道の拡張に取り組む。現在は幅が5メートル程度の部分もあり、15メートルに広げて通りやすくする。

大阪市内では高層オフィスビルの新設が相次いでいる。人口が減少するなかで供給過剰との指摘もある。これに対し阪神電気鉄道は「(梅田の一等地という利点を生かし)中長期的には十分勝算がある」とみている。
Hankyū–Hanshin Holdings has just announced that it will redevelop the Dai-Hanshin Building, currently housing the Umeda flagship store of Hanshin Department Stores, into a 190 m tower (257,000 sq m GFA) by 2023. The project will involve redeveloping the 97,00 sq m GFA Dai-Hanshin Building together with the 53,000 sq m GFA Shin-Hankyū Building, both currently a mere 50 m tall and both dating from the early 1960s. The project will include about 133,000 sq m of office on floors 11 through 38 in the highrise portion of the project, providing more than twice the office space of Abeno Harukas. Hanshin Department Stores will remain similar to its current size, occupying about 100,000 sq m GFA in the lowrise portions of the project, between B2F and 9F. A 3,000 sq m conference center will also be included on 11F. Floorplates will be as large as 4,500 sq m, being billed as the largest in all of western Japan. Also included are various improvements to the surrounding area, including expansion of the pedestrian deck within the site and beautification and retrofit of the Shin-Umeda pedestrian bridge. The project has already received preliminary approvals from the Urban Planning Council.

Of course, there is some worry about oversupply of office space, particularly with all the development at Ume-Kita.

Official press release:
http://www.hanshin.co.jp/company/pre...130327-100.pdf

Render:

Old March 28th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #5200
quashlo

First upgrades complete at JR Zeze Station
http://www.kyoto-np.co.jp/politics/a...20130328000034

Quote:
 大津市馬場2丁目のJR膳所駅の新駅舎と駅前広場などを整備する事業の起工式が27日、現地で行われた。2015年度には橋上化された駅舎が完成し、線路をまたいで南北をつなぐ通路が利用できるようになる。

現在の膳所駅はエレベーターなどがなく、バリアフリー化の対応が遅れていたため、市とJR西日本、地元が協議を続け、着工が決まった。

事業では駅舎を橋上化し、約85メートルの連絡通路には北口と南口の両方からエレベーター、エスカレーターで昇降できる。北側の駅前広場(約3550平方メートル)は17年度に完成し、JR西日本は駅ビル建設を計画している。総事業費は約44億円。

起工式には工事関係者らが出席し、越直美市長が「駅の南北どちら側からも利用しやすい駅を目指したい」と述べた。

駅舎を橋上化するJR膳所駅と周辺整備事業の完成予想図
This is on the JR Kyōto Line (Tōkaidō Main Line) in Ōtsu City, and involved the construction of an 8 m wide, 85 m long platform bridge, elevated concourse, and other barrier-free (accessibility) upgrades (elevators, escalators). The 3,550 sq m station plaza (2.5 times current size) at the north side of the station will be finished in FY2017. Total project cost is about ¥4.4 billion. JR West is also considering construction a tenant building at the station, and there are plans to relocate Keihan Zeze Station on the Keihan Ishiyama–Sakamoto Line.

ko7 liked this post