daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 11th, 2013, 02:55 AM   #5341
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

Some more vids from karibajct

Full video report on Odakyū’s new underground stations at Higash-Kitazawa, Shimo-Kitazawa, and Setagaya Daita (2013.03.23):

Some action related to gamedays at Seibu Dome…
First, at Tokorozawa Station, where trains operate routes that typically aren’t part of the regular schedule. Here, a gameday train from Seibu Dome that is arriving at the station on the Ikebukuro Line’s inbound track crosses the Shinjuku Line’s inbound track to get to the Shinjuku Line’s outbound track, ultimately bound for Hon-Kawagoe (2013.03.31):

With the Fukutoshin Line now interlined with the Tōyoko Line, we also get to see Tōkyū rolling stock operating on gameday services for Saitama Seibu Lions home hames (2013.03.31). This one is run 52K, departing from Motomachi–Chūkagai Station on the Minato Mirai Line at 11:19 and arriving before the first pitch at 13:00.

fieldsofdreams liked this post
quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2013, 05:42 AM   #5342
Taiwan Junior
台灣 J

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Zy99 View Post
I'm familiar with K-On, but I don't recognize this system. Where were these pictures taken?
Those are Keihan 600 series trains operating on Keihan Ishiyama-Sakamoto Line in Otsu City, Shiga Prefecture near Kyoto.

And K-On ! train-wrapping ("Ho-kago Tea Time Train") event was held from Aug. 22, 2011 to Jan. 9, 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Zy99 View Post
Opposite problem here-I recognize the Toden Arakawa line, but I don't recognize the characters. Who are they and what series/game are they from?
Characters' image on the wrapping were from Tokimeki Memorial 3-A PlayStation 2 game published by Konami in 2001.

TAIWAN Rail Map of passenger services & Taipei, Kaohsiung, Tokyo, Osaka, Hong Kong, Seoul, Singapore Rail Map
@ TJ Zone - http://sites.google.com/site/taiwanjunior/
Taiwan Junior no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #5343
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
With the Fukutoshin Line now interlined with the Tōyoko Line, we also get to see Tōkyū rolling stock operating on gameday services for Saitama Seibu Lions home hames (2013.03.31). This one is run 52K, departing from Motomachi–Chūkagai Station on the Minato Mirai Line at 11:19 and arriving before the first pitch at 13:00.
Weird yet wonderful to see a Tokyu train at the buffer stops at Seibu Kyujoumae Station.

Abbendymion liked this post
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #5344
quashlo

Elevated concourse, public passage at Izumi Fuchū Station to open in May

Official JR West press release:
http://www.westjr.co.jp/press/articl...page_3656.html

This is another project on the Hanwa Line… The station serves about 16,000 daily entries (FY2011).

Together with construction of a pedestrian deck and East Exit station plaza, JR West has been working on constructing a new ¥850 million public passage (6.5 m wide by 76 m long) and ¥2.1 billion elevated concourse / platform bridge at the station, complete with barrier-free upgrades for the station. These improvements will make it easier to access the station from the west side. The railway has now announced that the public passage will open on 2013.05.24, followed by the elevated concourse / platform bridge the following day. The pedestrian deck and East Exit station plaza will open in the spring of next year.

Old April 11th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #5345
quashlo

ドア閉まらず幕覆い走行 JR京葉線、ラッシュ時
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNAS...10C13A4CC0000/

There was a minor incident of note on the JR Keiyō Line during the morning rush hour on 2013.04.10… A through-servicing 205 series local (8 cars) from Fuchū Honmachi Line on the Musashino Line experienced a door failure in Car 4 at Nishi-Funabashi Station at around 8:30 am after part of a passenger’s backpack became lodged in the door pocket. They were unable to get the door to close properly, but, given the severe crowding, did not want to force passengers onto later trains. Instead, they placed a yellow curtain over the malfunctioning door and stationed railway staff at the entrance (this is uncommon, but standard practice in these situations, although door failures are rarer nowadays). The train was stopped at Nishi-Funabashi for 13 minutes before departing and continuing onto Tōkyō Station and back (24 km one-way, 48 km total) at speeds of up to 100 km/h. Two trains and about 2,000 passengers were delayed for up to 18 minutes as a result of the incident.

ANN news report (2013.04.11):

I’d love to blame the 205 series, especially since JR East’s newer sets like E233 have built-in redundancy for door failures, but this sounds like unfortunate passenger error.
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #5346
quashlo

名大など、名古屋駅構内の移動経路をスマホで「音声ナビ」
http://www.asahi.com/tech_science/ni...304110009.html

Nagoya University and the Artificial Intelligence Research Promotion Foundation (AIRPF, 人工知能研究振興財団) are developing a navigation application for smartphones that will guide users through the maze of Nagoya Station. The beta version will go out in 2014.09, with testing in 2014.11. A final version is expected to be released 2015.04 or 2015.05. The application provides information on the location of stores, stairs, escalators, vending machines, and restrooms, and assists passengers with navigating the station through computer voice.

Generally, signage is pretty good in Japanese stations, but I expect this to be the new frontier in station navigation / signage.
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #5347
quashlo

ドア閉まらず幕覆い走行 JR京葉線、ラッシュ時
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNAS...10C13A4CC0000/

There was a minor incident of note on the JR Keiyō Line during the morning rush hour on 2013.04.10… A through-servicing 205 series local (8 cars) from Fuchū Honmachi Line on the Musashino Line experienced a door failure in Car 4 at Nishi-Funabashi Station at around 8:30 am after part of a passenger’s backpack became lodged in the door pocket. They were unable to get the door to close properly, but, given the severe crowding, did not want to force passengers onto later trains. Instead, they placed a yellow curtain over the malfunctioning door and stationed railway staff at the entrance (this is uncommon, but standard practice in these situations, although door failures are rarer nowadays). The train was stopped at Nishi-Funabashi for 13 minutes before departing and continuing onto Tōkyō Station and back (24 km one-way, 48 km total) at speeds of up to 100 km/h. Two trains and about 2,000 passengers were delayed for up to 18 minutes as a result of the incident.

ANN news report (2013.04.11):

I’d love to blame the 205 series, especially since JR East’s newer sets like E233 have built-in redundancy for door failures, but this sounds like unfortunate passenger error.
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #5348
quashlo

There was also a grade crossing incident on the evening of 2013.04.07 on the Tōkaidō Line in Chigasaki City that severely disrupted service… The train (E231 series) was derailed a bit (first car only), but fared much, much better than the kei automobile, although the driver had already abandoned the car. Only one passenger on the train, an elderly man, was hurt—the other 318 were fine. The car was dragged for about 200 m from the grade crossing. The crossing is not intended for vehicles (ped-only crossing), but the driver didn’t realize until it was too late and had already lost wheel contact with the ground. He / she pressed the emergency button at the crossing, but there was not enough distance to the next oncoming train. Service was mostly restored by the following morning, although inbound trains (for Tōkyō) were temporarily switched to a separate track (probably Tōkaidō Freight Line), skipping Chigasaki Station.

FNN news report (2013.04.08):

Easy-to-understand animation of the accident:

Old April 11th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #5349
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

I'm a little confused. What is the reason for the delay in Odakyu running four tracks through Noborito to Mukogaoka-Yuen? The RoW seems to be there.

On the other hand, the plans for extending 4-track to Shin-Yurigaoka will be difficult-due to the narrow valley, and the road overpasses-one of them right after Mukogaoka-Yuen.

Also, are there any plans for quad-track and grade separation into Shinjuku? Or are there just that many trains running through from the Chiyoda Line?
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #5350
quashlo

福岡市交通局、七隈線延伸区間の工事施行認可を取得…2020年度開業目指す
http://response.jp/article/2013/04/12/195781.html

Fukuoka City announced that it has received civil / structural construction approvals from the MLIT for the 1.4 km, ¥45 billion extension of the Fukuoka City Subway Nanakuma Line from Tenjin Minami to JR Hakata via Canal City Hakata. They are hoping to breakground this year on the extension, so they are still moving forward with design and road easement approvals for construction. They applied for civil / structural construction approvals in December of last year, and with the approvals now granted, they only have to file for electrical facilities approvals by June before they can begin construction in the latter half of FY2013. As mentioned previously, the extension is projected to serve 68,000 riders daily, about 21,000 of which would be all new riders.
Old April 12th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #5351
quashlo

新駅設置を共同調査 秩父鉄道と熊谷、行田市
http://www.tokyo-np.co.jp/article/sa...202000125.html

Kumagaya City, Gyōda City, and Chichibu Railway have signed an agreement to begin studying a potential new station somewhere near the Kumagaya–Gyōda border, between Kumagaya Station and Mochida Station on the Chichibu Railway (currently 4.8 km apart). Based on the results of the ridership forecasting and other analysis efforts, they will make a decision this fiscal year on whether or not to move forward the station.

Both cities had been petitioning for a new station, but Chichibu Railway has thus far been very cautious, requiring that the two cities foot the entire bill and that there be a decent ridership increase with the new station. The proposed site is near a distribution center on the Kumagaya side and a residential neighborhood on the Gyōda side. With offices and residential development increasing in the area, the railway finally agreed to begin planning work. The station would be located within Kumagaya City.

The two cities have each earmarked about ¥1.4 million in their FY2013 budgets for the studies, which will be completed by September.
Old April 12th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #5352
quashlo

JR黒崎駅建て替えへ、2018年度めど
http://kyushu.yomiuri.co.jp/news/nat...OYS1T00287.htm

JR Kyūshū and Kita-Kyūshū City will replace the station building (built 1984) at Kurosaki Station (Yahata Nishi Ward, Kita-Kyūshū City) on the Kagoshima Main Line and Fukuhoku Yutaka Line by FY2018, including construction of a new 8 m wide north-south pedestrian bridge crossing the station, expected to be completed by FY2017. Project cost will be ¥3 billion to ¥4 billion. Locally-based Yaskawa Electric Corporation is planning a new development (“Robot Village”) at the north side of the station to showcase their R&D work, scheduled for completion in 2015. The new bridge would improve connectivity between the new development and the existing retail district on the south side of the station.

Cab view on the Kagoshima Main Line, Yahata to Kurosaki, on board a 6-car rapid (4243M), 813 series (2013.02.09):

Old April 12th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #5353
quashlo

新駅設置を共同調査 秩父鉄道と熊谷、行田市
http://www.tokyo-np.co.jp/article/sa...202000125.html

Kumagaya City, Gyōda City, and Chichibu Railway have signed an agreement to begin studying a potential new station somewhere near the Kumagaya–Gyōda border, between Kumagaya Station and Mochida Station on the Chichibu Railway (currently 4.8 km apart). Based on the results of the ridership forecasting and other analysis efforts, they will make a decision this fiscal year on whether or not to move forward the station.

Both cities had been petitioning for a new station, but Chichibu Railway has thus far been very cautious, requiring that the two cities foot the entire bill and that there be a decent ridership increase with the new station. The proposed site is near a distribution center on the Kumagaya side and a residential neighborhood on the Gyōda side. With offices and residential development increasing in the area, the railway finally agreed to begin planning work. The station would be located within Kumagaya City.

The two cities have each earmarked about ¥1.4 million in their FY2013 budgets for the studies, which will be completed by September.
Old April 12th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #5354
quashlo

One of the Tōbu 10030 series sets has been repainted in what appears to be the new colors of the Noda Line (“future blue” and bright green)… Before and after of 11652F at Nanakōdai (Minami-Kurihashi division) on 2013.03.14 and 2013.04.04. The unit was transferred to Nanakōdai in February.

In related news, recent 60000 series testing… 61601F at Hanyū (2013.03.21):

Old April 12th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #5355
quashlo

JAL is producing some absolutely fantastic videos of railfan interest as part of a 世界の路面電車 (“Tramways of the World”) series… They have two videos up on their YouTube channel already, and it looks to be a continuing thing, so we’ll probably see many more. Love the format, too… Sort of a “one day in the life of…” deal where you see the city from early morning to late evening.

First is Kolkata’s trams… Really, really high production value with 臨場感, giving a feel for both the system and the city itself:

And then this one on the hometown cable cars… Not nearly as fascinating as the Kolkata one, but great camera and editing work nonetheless and an interesting contrast to Kolkata.

Old April 12th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #5356
quashlo

Didn’t realize this, but Odakyū has a YouTube account, and they have a nice promo vid for the Romancecar limited expresses:

Thanks to bill937ca at JNSForum for this find.

bill937ca liked this post
Old April 12th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #5357
quashlo

JAL is producing some absolutely fantastic videos of railfan interest as part of a 世界の路面電車 (“Tramways of the World”) series… They have two videos up on their YouTube channel already, and it looks to be a continuing thing, so we’ll probably see many more. Love the format, too… Sort of a “one day in the life of…” deal where you see the city from early morning to late evening.

First is Kolkata’s trams… Really, really high production value with 臨場感, giving a feel for both the system and the city itself:

And then this one on the hometown cable cars… Not nearly as fascinating as the Kolkata one, but great camera and editing work nonetheless and an interesting contrast to Kolkata.

Old April 13th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #5358
smithrh

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by quashlo View Post
Didn’t realize this, but Odakyū has a YouTube account, and they have a nice promo vid for the Romancecar limited expresses:

Thanks to bill937ca at JNSForum for this find.
Also in that thread on JNSForum bill937ca gives a link to an Odakyu site which details how to select seats and buy Romancecar tickets ahead of time, something I've been wondering about for quite a long time now.

http://www.odakyu.jp/english/deels/

bill937ca liked this post
smithrh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #5359
quashlo

Morning rush hour action on the Den'en Toshi Line (2013.02.21):

Sangen-jaya, up to 8:12 AM.

Ikejiri Ōhashi, up to 8:31 AM.

Part 2, up to 8:47 AM.

Old April 14th, 2013, 06:46 AM   #5360
quashlo

JR宇島駅:南北つながる 渡り初め式
http://mainichi.jp/area/fukuoka/news...40508000c.html

A new north-south public passage was completed at JR Unoshima Station on the Nippō Main Line in Buzen City, Fukuoka Prefecture and opened to the public on 2013.04.12. The 2 m wide passage, consisting of a 75.4 m long, 7.5 m tall bridge, broke ground in 2012.04 with funding from the city and the national government. This is a small station (3,500 daily entries and exits), but the new passage will improve convenience for commuters headed for the offices and factories on the north side of the station, reducing walking times by up to 10 minutes (the nearest crossings are several hundred meters to the east and west of the station).