daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 16th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #5381
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

Yeah, I saw all the episodes recently... Definitely an entertaining watch, though I agree it seemed to focus a little too much on the bad side of things. The storyline about hours of delays and disrupted service (for whatever reason) seemed to be part of every episode... It almost felt like I was watching reruns of previous episodes, just that the location and premise were changed ever so slightly (King's Cross to Leeds to Glasgow Central, weather to suicides to copper thiefs). Still, the UK is light years ahead of anything here in the U.S. other than perhaps New York.
quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #5382
Blackraven

Likes (Received): 233

Japanese Government investigating the possibility of 24 hour bus and train services some time in the future(?)

This is from an article posted by Japanese cultural blogger named 'Danny Choo'

http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/269...+24+Hours.html

Quote:
As reported by Nikkei News and Livedoor News, as part of the new governments initiative to make Japan "the easiest place in the world to do business," the government is considering making the metro (subway / underground) and buses in 5 of the biggest cities in Japan run around the clock 24 hours a day. Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya were designated in the report but only mentioned Toei and not JR lines.

One of the reasons why transport has never run 24 hours is because of the need for periodical safety checks of vehicles, rail lines and equipment which attributes to the incredible service of the spot on service times which you can set your watch by.

One of the bad things about this however is that employees cant use the "Shuden" [終電] excuse anymore. "Shuden" means "Last Train" which is often the only excuse an employee has to go home.

Many Japanese employees feel they cant go home before others as it gives then impression that they are not working. In a previous company I worked at, on a day just like any other day, I spoke to the two ladies who were still at work. I asked "How come you still at work?" They said "Because the boss is still here."
I then asked the boss "Why are you still at work - its late" and he said "Because my staff are still here."

In a situation like this, the only way that anybody can go home is to use the "Last Train" excuse. Companies usually pay for employees transport but it would not be good for an employee to expense the taxi fare back home which is why the Last Train excuse is perfectly fine to use. Taxi's usually increase the fare when the train service has stopped because they know you have no other way of getting home ;

Previously working at Amazon and Microsoft, I've not been too bothered about what others think if I leave at 6 or so. Just as long as my team and I meet our goals then its not the amount of time we spend at work that matters - its the amount of work done in the designated time at work that matters.
If you got a boss who openly says that you should stay behind then you are probably working in the wrong place - time to send out your resume!

Back in the UK, while trains stopped at around midnight, busses continued to run through the night at a reduced service. When I was working at a Japanese restaurant, I would often finish work past midnight and running for the bus was always a memorable experience - many bus drivers in London just want to get home - stopping at a bus stop for passengers just means that they are going to get home later ;
At the time, busses in London where of the round bus variety meaning that you can just run after a bus and jump on - which is what I often had to do and if I missed that bus then I'd have to wait another hour ><
How about in your neck of the woods? Is there a 24 hour public transport service?

Anyway, as for when the metro in Japan will start its 24 hour service is uncertain and looks like they will implement this initially over the weekends as they figure out their safety inspection schedules - I'll let you know when its all in place.
I know many visitors to Japan who have arrived late at Haneda only to discover there is no more transport meaning a night on a sofa in the lounge. Have you visited Japan only to be caught out by the lack of transport at night?
My opinion regarding 24 hour train services is that these are just a bonus........but not an absolute requirement.

Remember that you have to prioritize stuff like scheduling, safety inspections, track maintenance and stuff. Easier said than done basically.

What are your thoughts on this?
Blackraven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #5383
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8776

Perhaps having bus services at night on key routes would be enough given the requirement for rail maintenance. Another thing to do would be to go to a 24/2 with the trains - that is running 24 hours at the weekend so that people don't have to stay out absolutely all night if they want to party to the wee hours. Stockholm, Berlin and a few others do this and it works well (but both cities also have very extensive night bus networks 24/7).
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #5384
SamuraiBlue

Likes (Received): 195

There is also the problem of labor. Not just running the trains but personnel is required to be ready at ALL stations which is no small effort.
SamuraiBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #5385
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiBlue View Post
There is also the problem of labor. Not just running the trains but personnel is required to be ready at ALL stations which is no small effort.
Exactly. The rail companies will have to calculate the costs vs. the benefits. One has to remember most rail companies are for-profit, and that their public service component can only go so far. I can see 24 hour bus services, though.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #5386
SamuraiBlue

Likes (Received): 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.k.jetcar View Post
Exactly. The rail companies will have to calculate the costs vs. the benefits. One has to remember most rail companies are for-profit, and that their public service component can only go so far. I can see 24 hour bus services, though.
There are already midnight buses that runs to the far suburbs all ready. As for 24 h buses within the Yamanote area, I believe they will meet fierce resistance by the taxi companies which makes most of their profit during those hours.
SamuraiBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #5387
smithrh

Likes (Received): 10

I'd think that people that live next to the above-ground lines - and they live within feet in many cases - would not be especially happy with this.

Having some (better) options for people arriving and departing the airports - especially Haneda - might be nice.

Edit: I see this is proposed for subway lines. Danny Choo's post is littered with JR pics, so I was misled a bit...

Last edited by smithrh; April 16th, 2013 at 06:22 PM.
smithrh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #5388
quashlo

Kawasaki deal with DC Metro system tops $1.1 billion
http://journalstar.com/business/loca...cedfe1f32.html

Looks like it’s official… DC Metro will exercise a $215 million option to purchase 100 additional railcars from Kawasaki, bringing the total value of their contract to $1.1 billion for 528 cars, or about $2.1 million per car. Considering that overhaul for the Breda cars would have cost $1.5 million per car, the math doesn’t work out too bad for them. The cars will be manufactured at Kawasaki’s Lincoln, Nebraska plant.
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #5389
quashlo

待ってたよ、JR枕崎駅舎復活 本土最南端
http://www.asahi.com/national/update...304150063.html

A new station building was completed at Makurazaki Station on the JR Ibusuki–Makurazaki Line on 2013.04.15. This is the southernmost station on the four main islands (and was the southernmost station in all of Japan until the Yui Rail opened in Okinawa). It’s a very small building (only 52 sq m), but is notable in that the construction costs (¥15 million) were entirely covered by donations.

fieldsofdreams liked this post
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #5390
quashlo

Hanshin to become first major Kansai private railway to offer bicycle rental program

Official press release:
http://www.hanshin.co.jp/company/pre...0130416-fr.pdf

Starting 2013.04.22, bike rental stations will be established at nine Hanshin stations (Mikage, Kōrien, Nishinomiya, Daimotsu, Kuise, Yodogawa, Dekijima, Fuku, and Nishi-Kujō). The system wil operate 24/7 and is fully automated, providing up to about 10 bikes at each station, taking advantage of “EcoStation 21” mechanical bike parking facilities already on Hanshin-owned land and operated by parking operator ArchiM’s. They will eventually expand to additional stations. Rental fee is ¥300 each time, with maximum rental period of 24 hours.
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #5391
quashlo

江ノ電と台湾の鉄道が提携、使用済み切符提示でもう一方が無料に
http://news.kanaloco.jp/localnews/article/1304150024/

Enoshima Electric Railway (Enoden) and Taiwan’s Pingxi Line have signed a tourism agreement that allows passengers with used one-day passes on one railway to receive a one-day pass for the other railway for free. These types of agreements are not uncommon domestically in Japan, but this is a rare case where an agreement has been reached with a railway outside of Japan. The Pingxi Line is a 12.9 km single-track branch of the Yilan Line in New Taipei City, and originally opened under the Japanese colonial period in 1921 to transport coal. The original station building at Jingtong Station (菁桐車站) still remains. The line was in jeopardy after closure of the coal mines, but has been reborn as a tourist-oriented line similar to the Enoden.

Obviously not as extreme as the situation on the Pingxi Line, but the street-running section of the Enoden is one of the most popular segments of the line for railfans:

Old April 16th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #5392
quashlo

政府が「アベノミクス戦略特区」の創設を検討 地下鉄やバスの24時間運行、法人税引き下げなど
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/life/news/1...4240007-n1.htm

Some concrete info behind this… There seems to be some English-language material floating around that doesn’t get all the details quite right.

Tōkyō Governor Inose is seriously considering 24-hour service for the Toei Bus only. It appears he is interested in the potential for 24-hour service on the Toei Subway, but recognizes the difficulties in keeping an adequate maintenance window, so he is instead considering having trains end later than 1:00 am and start at 5:00 am for the time being. Tōkyō Metro, JR, and the private railways are privately-operated, so they would not be part of the plan, although I suppose the public side could sweeten the deal by offering funding to these operators to provide 24-hour service.

The strategy is just one part of the much larger Abenomics strategy, which includes bringing in medical expertise from overseas (i.e., foreign doctors) and establishing strategic economic zones in Japan’s three largest metropolitan areas (Tōkyō, Ōsaka, and Nagoya) with lower corporate tax rates and relaxed zoning restrictions.

A Tōkyō Shimbun article also quoted the governor as saying that the Toei Bus Shibuya – Roppongi route would begin 24-hour service as soon as sometime this year. Shibuya – Roppongi is part of the 都01 route (Shibuya – Shinbashi), one of the major routes in the Toei Bus network. There are as many as 28 buses an hour on this route departing Shibuya during the morning rush hour, and there is no comparable one-seat train ride between Shibuya and Roppongi, which also happen to be two of the most active night-time districts in Tōkyō. According to Asahi Shimbun, the service would be sort of a trial to ascertain ridership potential, operating one bus an hour.

The comments from Inose come during another visit to New York for a variety of reasons, including drumming up support for the Tōkyō Olympics and meeting with NYC Mayor Bloomberg on environmental issues, disaster prevention, and the consolidation of the IRT, BMT, and IND networks in New York City in the 1940s.

He also took some time to ride the subway (touring improvements at Bleecker Street / Broadway – Lafayette Street) and visiting Grand Central.
FNN news report (2013.04.16):

k.k.jetcar liked this post
Old April 16th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #5393
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11243

I think that a 24/7 Toei Bus service makes more sense than a 24/7 subway service now, given the immense complexities needed to operate the subways (along with the interlining services that go with them), as well as the needed window (between 1 and 5am) for rail maintenance and repairs to ensure safety for all train riders each and everyday, and I wonder if even the train drivers from all companies involved will agree to this strategy. But, a 24/7 Toei Bus service would allow a traveling alternative for late-night owls to get around the city for a price cheaper than a taxi ride home from work, izakaya, or other location in Tokyo.

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross

pudgym29 liked this post
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 05:27 AM   #5394
nouveau.ukiyo

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Japanese Government investigating the possibility of 24 hour bus and train services some time in the future(?)
I think this is coupled with the plan to make Narita Airport open 24-hr. This needs to happen in order for Tokyo to remain competitive with other Asian cities as a business and finance center. Even for other Asian cities with airports that aren't open 24-hrs, their airports are often times closer to city centers making taxi rides reasonable. Unfortunately, this isn't the case with Narita.
nouveau.ukiyo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #5395
mkill

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouveau.ukiyo View Post
I think this is coupled with the plan to make Narita Airport open 24-hr. This needs to happen in order for Tokyo to remain competitive with other Asian cities as a business and finance center. Even for other Asian cities with airports that aren't open 24-hrs, their airports are often times closer to city centers making taxi rides reasonable. Unfortunately, this isn't the case with Narita.
Given the extremely heavy local resistance against Narita, I'm not sure we'll ever see 24h-operations on that airport. Haneda is much more likely to take that step. In that case, 24h operation on the Tokyo Monorail is pretty much a requirement. Of course, that only brings you up to Hamamatsucho, but at least there are a number of hotels around there.

As for "office workers would be at work even longer"... Well, at some point you need to start managing your work-life balance.
mkill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #5396
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11243

I have an idea: since Haneda is open 24/7, not only will the Tokyo Monorail operate 24/7; Toei Buses that operate to and from it will also operate at all times between the airport and major rail hubs like Shinagawa, Shibuya, and Tokyo to provide access to incoming and outgoing passengers. What do you think?

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #5397
Blackraven

Likes (Received): 233

Is the Tokyo Monorail even capable of 24 hour operation to begin with? What about maintenance, safety inspections and other concerns?

Don't forget that any machine is subject to wear-and-tear (an obvious given)....
Blackraven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #5398
quashlo

今月から直通便、通年運行 一畑電車、出雲市~出雲大社前駅 島根
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/region/news...2090001-n1.htm

With the upcoming shrine transfer ceremony (大遷宮) at Izumo Taisha on 2013.05.10, Ichibata Electric Railway (Bataden) will make some major changes to its weekend / holiday schedule in an attempt to attract younger women and other visitors arriving via JR at Izumo-shi Station. Specifically, they will make the 2.5 roundtrips running express between Dentetsu Izumo-shi Station and Izumo Taisha-mae Station, together with the 7.5 roundtrips between Matsue Shinji-ko Onsen Station and Izumo Taisha-mae Station, a year-round deal.

This is the first transfer ceremony at Izumo Taisha, one of the two most important shrines in all of Japan (the other being Ise Jingū), in about 60 years. The Bataden has been doing well, recording annual ridership growth in FY2012 to 1.39 million (year-over-year increase of 22,000), although it has generally been in decline since its heydays in the 1960s, where annual ridership reached as much as 6 million. Ridership dropped below 1.5 million in FY2017, and the line is still operating at a loss.

Scenes on the Bataden earlier this year (2013.01.03):

Old April 17th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #5399
quashlo

Actually, Toei Bus doesn’t operate to Haneda Airport. Yes, the airport is in Tōkyō Prefecture (Ōta Ward), but it’s within Keikyū Bus “domain”, which operates services under the “Haneda Keikyū Bus” brand. There are routes to Ōmori Kaigan Station / JR Ōmori Station, Keikyū Kamata Station / JR Kamata Station, and JR Kawasaki Station:
http://www.keikyu-bus.co.jp/img/line/map/haneda.pdf

Service to other destinations in the metropolis is actually provided by express buses using highway coaches—the so-called “limousine bus” (リムジンバス). The service is actually really, really good (especially considering the rail connections already serving the airport), and you can pretty much get to Haneda directly from almost anywhere on these buses. If Haneda Airport really becomes a 24-hour airport, I would expect that they would just add more bus trips.

Airport express bus schedules from http://hanedabus.jp/:

For Central Tōkyō and Tama.
Every 15 minutes to Shinjuku Station.

Code:
To Ōimachi Station
06:20 06:50 07:15 07:40 08:10 08:55 09:35 10:30 11:30 12:25 13:25 14:25 15:00 15:45 16:30 17:00 17:30 17:55 18:25 18:55 19:25 19:55 20:25 20:55 21:25 22:10 23:00

To Shibuya
06:10 07:00 07:30 08:05 09:00 09:45 10:25 11:25 12:20 13:20 14:30 15:25 16:35 17:45 18:30 19:20 20:00 20:50 21:45 22:15 22:25 23:25 00:00 00:30

To Tachikawa Station / Haijima
05:50 10:15 11:15 12:15 13:00 13:30 14:00 14:40 15:40 16:40 17:40 18:40 19:10 19:40 20:10 20:40 21:10 21:40 22:50 00:10

To Kichijōji Station
05:25 05:55 07:45 09:55 11:10 12:45 14:35 15:55 16:45 17:25 18:20 19:00 19:45 20:30 21:15 21:55 22:20 23:10

To Tōkyō Station
08:25 09:10 10:10 11:00 11:35 12:15 12:55 13:30 14:15 14:55 15:30 16:10 17:00 18:00 18:50 19:50

To Shinjuku Station (West Exit)
05:45 06:15 06:45 07:00 07:45 08:15 08:30 09:05 09:30 09:50 10:10 10:30 10:50 11:10 11:30 11:50 12:10 12:30 12:50 13:05 13:20 13:35 13:50 14:05 14:20 14:35 14:50 15:05 15:20 15:35 15:50 16:05 16:20 16:35 16:50 17:05 17:20 17:35 17:50 18:05 18:20 18:35 18:50 19:10 19:20 19:35 19:50 20:10 20:20 20:35 20:50 21:05 21:20 21:35 21:50 22:05 22:20 22:35 22:55 23:10 23:20 23:30 00:00

To Ikebukuro Station
06:15 07:45 08:30 09:30 10:30 11:30 12:15 13:15 14:15 14:45 15:15 15:45 16:15 16:45 17:15 17:45 18:15 18:45 19:15 19:45 20:15 20:45 21:15 21:45 22:15 22:45 23:25 00:00

To Mejiro / Kudan / Kōrakuen / Akihabara
10:20 12:00 14:00 17:10

To Akasaka
06:25 10:05 13:30 22:25

To Kinshichō / Tōyōchō / Toyosu
10:10 11:10 11:35 13:20 13:35 14:20 15:20 16:20 16:35 17:10 17:35 18:05 18:35 19:20 19:35 20:35 20:40 21:05 21:35 22:25 23:05

To Tōkyō City Air Terminal (TCAT)
05:35 06:50 07:25 08:15 09:15 09:55 10:15 10:55 11:25 11:55 12:45 13:30 14:30 15:30 16:30 17:05 17:50 18:25 19:05 19:50 20:25 20:55 21:25 22:10 23:15 00:15

To Nerima / Nogata / Nakano
14:55 16:30 17:30 19:00 20:00 21:10 22:00

To Kokubunji Station / Fuchū Station / Musashi Koganei Station / Chōfu Station
07:15 09:15 10:15 11:15 12:35 13:45 14:45 15:45 16:15 16:45 17:15 17:45 18:15 18:55 19:05 19:30 19:55 20:05 20:30 20:55 21:00 21:15 21:30 21:55 22:10 22:30 23:00 23:25 00:15

To Keiō Tama Center Station / Seiseki sakuragaoka Station
07:25 08:25 09:25 10:25 11:25 12:25 13:25 14:25 15:25 16:25 16:55 17:25 17:55 18:25 18:55 19:25 19:55 20:25 20:55 21:25 22:15 23:05

To Takao Station / Hachiōji Station / Hino
06:50 07:50 09:50 13:20 14:50 16:50 19:15 21:15 22:45

To Kameari Station / Koiwa Station / Ichinoe Station / Kasai Station
06:30 07:30 08:00 08:55 09:25 10:25 10:55 11:25 11:55 12:25 12:55 13:25 13:55 14:25 14:55 15:25 15:55 16:25 16:55 17:25 17:55 18:10 18:25 18:40 18:50 18:55 19:10 19:35 19:50 19:55 20:10 20:35 20:50 20:55 21:10 21:35 21:40 21:50 21:55 21:55 22:10 22:25 22:40 22:40 23:10 00:10

To Kita-Senju tation
06:30 09:40 10:40 11:40 13:15 14:15 15:15 16:15 16:55 17:35 18:15 18:45 19:15 19:50 20:20 21:00 21:30 22:00 22:40 23:15 23:40

To Futako-Tamagawa Station
05:30 07:10 07:50 09:15 10:05 11:05 12:05 13:05 14:05 15:05 16:05 17:05 18:05 19:05 20:05 21:05 22:05 23:05

To Shinagawa
06:25 06:45 09:50 10:05 13:30 00:40

To Ginza / Hibiya
06:35 13:00 15:00

To Tōkyō Sky Tree / Kinshichō Station
07:20 08:20 09:05 09:30 10:00 10:45 11:55 12:55 14:10 15:10 16:10 17:10 18:10 19:30 20:15 21:20 22:25
For Odaiba / Rinkai Fukutoshin.

Code:
To Tōkyō Big Sight
08:50 09:30 10:00 10:30 10:50 11:30 11:50 12:50 13:50 14:50 15:30 15:50 16:30 16:50 17:30 17:50

To Odaiba / Rinkai Fukutoshin
08:45 09:15 09:35 09:55 10:15 10:35 10:55 11:05 11:25 12:05 13:05 14:05 15:05 16:05 23:05
For Tōkyō Disneyland.
Every 10-15 minutes to TDR (!).

Code:
To Tōkyō Disney Resort
07:35 08:30 08:40 08:50 09:00 09:10 09:20 09:30 09:40 09:50 10:00 10:10 10:20 10:30 10:40 10:50 11:00 11:10 11:20 11:30 11:40 11:50 12:00 12:10 12:20 12:30 12:40 12:50 13:00 13:15 13:30 13:45 13:50 14:10 14:20 14:30 14:45 14:50 15:15 15:30 15:45 15:50 16:15 16:30 16:45 16:50 17:15 17:30 17:45 17:50 18:20 18:40 19:00
For Kanagawa Prefecture.
Every 7-10 minutes to Yokohama Station / YCAT, every 30 minutes to Shin-Yokohama

Code:
To Yokohama Station / Yokohama City Air Terminal (YCAT)
05:15 05:45 06:21 06:28 06:35 06:42 06:52 06:57 07:09 07:21 07:26 07:32 07:45 07:50 07:56 08:02 08:11 08:16 08:23 08:30 08:40 08:50 09:00 09:10 09:20 09:30 09:40 09:50 10:00 10:10 10:20 10:30 10:40 10:50 11:00 11:10 11:20 11:30 11:40 11:50 12:00 12:10 12:20 12:30 12:40 12:50 13:00 13:10 13:20 13:30 13:40 13:50 14:00 14:10 14:20 14:30 14:40 14:50 15:00 15:10 15:20 15:30 15:40 15:50 15:58 16:06 16:13 16:21 16:29 16:37 16:45 16:53 17:01 17:08 17:15 17:21 17:27 17:34 17:41 17:47 17:53 18:00 18:07 18:14 18:21 18:28 18:35 18:42 18:49 18:56 19:03 19:10 19:17 19:24 19:31 19:38 19:45 19:52 19:59 20:06 20:13 20:20 20:27 20:34 20:41 20:48 20:55 21:02 21:09 21:16 21:23 21:31 21:39 21:47 21:55 22:03 22:11 22:19 22:27 22:35 22:43 22:51 23:00 23:10 23:20 23:30 23:40 00:00 00:30

To Yokohama Station (West Exit) / Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers
07:30 08:55 10:35 13:35 14:55 16:15 

To Fujisawa Station / Ōfuna Station:
07:20 07:55 08:45 09:15 10:15 11:15 12:15 13:15 14:15 15:15 16:15 17:10 17:40 18:10 18:40 19:10 19:40 20:10 20:40 21:10 21:40 22:10 22:40

To Hon-Atsugi Station:
05:10 06:55 08:50 09:50 11:20 12:20 13:50 15:20 16:50 17:50 18:50 19:50 21:15 22:15

To Shin-Yokohama Station:
06:25 06:50 07:15 07:35 07:55 08:15 08:45 09:15 09:45 10:15 10:45 11:15 11:45 12:15 12:45 13:15 13:45 14:15 14:45 15:15 15:45 16:10 16:30 16:50 17:10 17:30 17:50 18:10 18:30 18:50 19:10 19:30 19:50 20:10 20:30 20:50 21:10 21:30 21:50 22:10 22:30 22:50 23:10 23:30 23:55 00:25

To Tama Plaza Station:
05:00 05:30 06:05 06:30 07:00 07:40 08:10 08:35 09:05 09:35 10:05 10:35 11:05 11:35 12:05 12:35 13:05 13:35 14:05 14:35 15:05 15:35 16:05 16:35 17:00 17:20 17:40 18:00 18:20 18:40 19:00 19:20 19:40 20:00 20:20 20:40 21:00 21:20 21:40 22:00 22:20 22:40 23:00 23:20

To Shin-Yurigaoka Station:
05:20 06:20 07:40 09:10 09:30 10:00 10:30 11:30 12:30 13:30 14:30 15:30 16:10 16:55 17:35 18:15 18:55 19:35 20:15 20:55 21:35 22:25

To Kōnandai Station / Totsuka Station:
06:15 07:15 08:55 09:45 11:05 12:25 13:20 14:20 15:10 16:20 17:05 17:45 18:35 19:15 19:55 20:30 21:20 22:05 23:10

To Sagami Ōno Station / Machida Station (Machida Bus Center):
06:10 07:30 09:05 09:55 10:25 11:00 11:35 12:35 13:10 13:35 13:55 14:25 14:55 15:25 15:45 16:25 16:45 17:00 17:30 18:00 18:30 19:00 19:25 19:45 20:05 20:25 20:50 21:05 21:30 22:00 22:20 22:35 23:00 23:30

To Futamatagawa Station:
06:35 07:30 08:55 09:55 10:55 11:55 12:55 13:55 14:55 15:40 16:25 16:55 17:35 18:05 18:35 19:05 19:35 20:05 20:35 21:05 21:55 22:55

To Center Kita Station / Center Minami Station:
05:45 08:30 09:20 10:30 11:00 12:00 13:00 14:00 15:00 16:00 17:05 17:55 18:45 19:25 20:15 20:55 21:45 22:25

To Minato Mirai:
08:40 09:10 09:40 10:10 11:10 11:40 12:10 12:40 13:10 13:40 14:10 15:10 16:15 17:25 18:25 19:45 20:45

To Den'en Chōfu / Musashi Kosugi Station:

05:20 06:20 07:00 07:50 08:35 09:35 10:35 11:35 12:35 13:35 14:35 15:35 16:35 17:35 18:15 18:55 19:35 20:35 21:35 22:35

To Ebina Station:
05:35 06:35 08:40 10:20 11:40 12:05 13:25 16:00 17:20 18:20 19:20 20:35 21:45 22:45
For Gotenba / Hakone:

Code:
To Gotenba / Hakone Tōgendai (via Yokohama Station):
07:50 10:25 12:05 14:00 16:20 18:20 20:25 22:05

To Hakone Yumoto Station (via Yokohama Station):
08:25 12:35
For Saitama Prefecture:

Code:
To Yashio Station / Sōka Station / Shin-Koshigaya Station:
08:50 11:25 12:25 13:25 14:25 15:25 16:25 17:25 18:25 18:55 19:25 20:10 20:40 21:25 22:00 22:35

To Saitama Shin-Toshin Station / Ōmiya Station:
06:30 07:30 08:50 10:50 11:50 12:50 13:50 14:50 15:50 16:50 17:30 18:20 19:00 19:30 20:00 20:30 21:00 21:30 22:00 22:30 23:10 23:40 00:20

To Asakadai Station / Shiki Station / Fujimino Station:
12:10 13:35 14:55 16:25 18:00 19:35 20:35 21:35 22:35

To Tokorozawa Station:
07:55 09:25 11:25 12:25 13:25 13:55 14:35 15:00 15:25 15:55 16:25 16:55 17:25 17:55 18:25 18:55 19:25 19:55 20:25 20:55 21:25 21:55 22:25 23:10

To Kawagoe Station / Hon-Kawagoe Station:
08:10 12:25 15:00 16:00 17:25 18:50 20:20 21:20

To Sakado Station / Shinrin Kōen Station / Kumagaya Station / Kagohara Station:
15:10 17:10 18:10 19:10 20:45 22:10

To Wakō-shi Station / Shakujii Kōen Station:
11:40 12:40 13:40 14:40 15:40 16:40 17:40 18:10 18:40 19:40 20:40 21:40 22:50
For Central Chiba Prefecture / Makuhari.
Every 20-30 minutes to Makuhari / Central Chiba, every 10-20 minutes to Narita Airport.

Code:
To Nishi-Funabashi Station / Funabashi Station:
11:20 12:20 14:20 15:20 16:20 17:20 18:20 19:05 19:45 20:25 21:05 21:40 22:20 23:00 23:30 00:35

To Kaihin Makuhari Station / Makuhari / Kemigawahama Station / Inage Kaigan Station / Chiba Station / Chiba Chūō Station:
05:10 05:40 06:45 07:20 08:10 08:40 09:00 09:30 10:00 10:30 11:00 11:30 12:00 12:30 13:00 13:30 14:00 14:30 15:00 15:30 15:50 16:10 16:30 16:50 17:10 17:30 17:50 18:10 18:30 18:50 19:10 19:30 19:50 20:05 20:20 20:35 20:50 21:10 21:30 21:50 22:10 22:25 22:40 22:55 23:20 23:50 00:20

To Kashiwa no Ha Campus Station / Kashiwa Station:
08:25 10:45 11:50 14:15 15:15 16:15 17:15 18:15 19:15 19:55 20:30 21:15 22:15

To Shin-Urayasu Station:
08:35 10:15 11:15 12:15 13:15 14:15 15:15 16:15 17:15 18:20 19:20 20:00 20:35 21:00 21:20 22:00 22:35 23:20

To Keisei Tsudanuma Station / JR Tsudanuma Station:
06:45 07:45 09:45 10:35 11:35 12:05 13:00 14:05 15:00 16:00 16:30 17:00 17:30 18:15 18:35 19:15 19:30 19:50 20:15 20:30 20:50 21:15 21:30 21:50 22:05 22:30 23:00 23:45

To Inage Station / Mitsuwadai Station / Tsuga Station / Yotsukaidō Station:
06:20 09:20 10:40 11:40 14:10 15:40 16:40 17:40 18:40 19:40 20:40 21:45 22:50

To Narita Airport:
06:25 07:50 08:35 09:10 09:30 09:50 10:10 10:30 10:50 11:10 11:30 11:50 12:10 12:20 12:30 12:40 12:50 13:05 13:20 13:35 13:50 14:05 14:20 14:35 14:50 15:05 15:20 15:35 15:50 16:05 16:20 16:35 16:50 17:10 17:30 17:50 18:20 18:50 19:20 19:50 20:20 21:00

To Gyōtoku Station / Myōden Station / Ichikawa Station:
09:35 13:40 15:10 17:10 18:15 19:00 20:20 21:35 22:45 23:40
For Eastern and Southern Chiba Prefecture.
The Kisarazu service is pretty frequent because it’s the east end of the Aqua Line underneath Tōkyō Bay.

Code:
To Kisarazu Station:
05:25 05:55 06:15 06:25 06:40 07:00 07:15 07:35 08:00 08:20 08:35 09:00 09:40 10:20 10:40 11:20 12:00 12:40 13:20 14:20 15:20 15:55 16:30 17:10 17:45 18:10 18:30 19:00 19:20 19:55 20:20 20:40 21:20 21:55 22:20 22:40 23:20

To Goi Station / Tōgane Station:
05:10 06:35 07:05 07:25 08:05 09:15 09:55 10:55 11:25 11:55 12:55 13:55 15:00 15:50 16:50 17:20 17:50 18:15 19:15 20:00 21:00 21:40 22:25

To Kazusa Ushiku Station / Mobara Station:
07:00 10:15 11:25 14:40 17:10 19:55 22:00

To Kimitsu Station:
05:40 06:20 07:20 09:05 09:45 10:15 10:45 15:35 16:35 17:35 18:35 19:35 20:35 21:35 22:35

To Soga Station:
06:50 08:10 10:00 11:40 13:25 15:05 16:45 18:00 19:10 20:05 21:25

To Kamatori Station / Honda Station / Toke Station / Ōami Station:
06:35 08:15 10:05 11:05 12:10 13:35 15:05 16:05 17:05 18:45 20:05 21:40

To Tateyama Station:
09:00 10:00 12:00 14:15 16:15 17:20 18:25 20:25
For Ibaraki Prefecture:

Code:
To Kashima Jingū Station:
08:15 09:50 14:55 17:55 19:40 21:20

To Tsukuba Center:
08:20 09:20 10:20 11:45 12:45 14:45 15:45 16:45 17:45 19:20 20:45 21:45

To Mito Station / Katsuta Station / Tōkai Station / Hitachi Station:
13:15 14:45 16:15 18:15 20:15
For Yamanashi Prefecture:

Code:
To Kōfu Station / Ryūō:
13:40 17:55 19:30 20:55

To Fujikyū Highland / Kawaguchi-ko Station / Fuji-san Station:
10:05 13:45
For Gunma Prefecture:

Code:
To Ōta Station / Kiryū Station / Isesaki Station / Maebashi Bus Center:
16:20 18:20 20:20 22:35

To Isesaki / Takasaki Station / Maebashi Station / Shibukawa Station:
10:50 14:30 16:30 17:30 19:30 20:30 21:30 22:30
For Tochigi Prefecture:

Code:
To Utsunomiya / Kuroiso:
09:55 14:25 15:45 17:15 18:30 19:35 20:50 22:40
For Shizuoka Prefecture:

Code:
To Shin-Fuji Station / Fujinomiya Station:
17:00 18:40
For Karuizawa:

Code:
To Karuizawa Station:
07:25 12:05

Last edited by quashlo; April 17th, 2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:49 PM   #5400
quashlo

今月から直通便、通年運行 一畑電車、出雲市~出雲大社前駅 島根
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/region/news...2090001-n1.htm

With the upcoming shrine transfer ceremony (大遷宮) at Izumo Taisha on 2013.05.10, Ichibata Electric Railway (Bataden) will make some major changes to its weekend / holiday schedule in an attempt to attract younger women and other visitors arriving via JR at Izumo-shi Station. Specifically, they will make the 2.5 roundtrips running express between Dentetsu Izumo-shi Station and Izumo Taisha-mae Station, together with the 7.5 roundtrips between Matsue Shinji-ko Onsen Station and Izumo Taisha-mae Station, a year-round deal.

This is the first transfer ceremony at Izumo Taisha, one of the two most important shrines in all of Japan (the other being Ise Jingū), in about 60 years. The Bataden has been doing well, recording annual ridership growth in FY2012 to 1.39 million (year-over-year increase of 22,000), although it has generally been in decline since its heydays in the 1960s, where annual ridership reached as much as 6 million. Ridership dropped below 1.5 million in FY2017, and the line is still operating at a loss.

Scenes on the Bataden earlier this year (2013.01.03):