daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 25th, 2010, 07:54 PM   #181
miran92

Likes (Received): 88

Basketball Federation of Slovenia will go on with the bid. Government will give 'directly' 1,16 mln euro. But the Federation (organizer) can get more money via ministry of sport, ministry of the economy, etc. We'll have to wait and see what will FIBA decide on 4th and 5th of december. There are also rumors that UK and Greece will be interested again if the fee will be lowered more.

Last edited by miran92; November 25th, 2010 at 08:15 PM.
miran92 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2010, 07:57 PM   #182
miran92

Google translate

http://translate.google.com/translat...a-evrov/244735

http://translate.google.com/translat...ep-2013/244787

btw... Kennel Club is basketball federation
Old November 25th, 2010, 08:41 PM   #183
netgear67

Likes (Received): 146

This is ridiculous. Why should we pay such a high fee? Lithuania and Poland have paid three million euros, but we would have to pay 6.5 million euros. This is outrageous.
As for Greece ... Greece will get money from? It is in deep crisis.
As far as I know, Greece will receive 80 billion euros from other countries (384 million euros from Slovenia if I'm not mistaken). Now they would like to organize Eurobasket 2013 with money that was intended to help? So much for the great crisis of Greece.
I hope that Slovenia gets Eurboasket 2013, because it deserves.
netgear67 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 01:32 AM   #184
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7556

I hope so too.
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 02:51 AM   #185
ReiAyanami
BANNED

Likes (Received): 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by netgear67 View Post
This is ridiculous. Why should we pay such a high fee? Lithuania and Poland have paid three million euros, but we would have to pay 6.5 million euros. This is outrageous.
As for Greece ... Greece will get money from? It is in deep crisis.
As far as I know, Greece will receive 80 billion euros from other countries (384 million euros from Slovenia if I'm not mistaken). Now they would like to organize Eurobasket 2013 with money that was intended to help? So much for the great crisis of Greece.
I hope that Slovenia gets Eurboasket 2013, because it deserves.
Athens alone can organize a Eurobasket without a single euro spent. The next 3 big cities together can organize another one simultaneously. Slovenia as a whole country still lacks infrastructure and arenas to accommodate it. So why spent money to organize it there?
Not a single sentence you managed to write makes any logical sense, you neither understand what you write, or about what you write for. Stop being an imbecile.

Last edited by ReiAyanami; November 26th, 2010 at 03:02 AM.
ReiAyanami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 02:58 AM   #186
touristas22
vasileios

Likes (Received): 3

+1 Well said.
touristas22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 03:30 PM   #187
netgear67

Lybian are willing to pay 30 milio€?

http://http://translate.google.com/t...mments&act=url

ReiAyanami, if you do not understand what I wanted to say, then, you are hopeless .In if I am imbecile, then our entire country is the same as me. In fact 99% of us think the same obout Greece and cricis and Eurboasket 2013 if they organized.
Quote:
Athens alone can organize a Eurobasket without a single euro spent
. What obout "entrence fee"? Please....
btw..you can call it yourself an imbecile, its not polite you know?

Last edited by netgear67; November 26th, 2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old November 26th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #188
ReiAyanami
BANNED

I think I was too polite considering you ridiculous arguments. Entrance fee? Lets laugh, how much is it, 6 million, like 1/4 the cost of an arena, you can make 2 times more from the television rights alone. If Greece proposes, then they won't include any new arenas, still a higher quality organization plus it will provide a net profit with the right advertising.

Last Eurobasket they had arenas with a couple of thousand seats only, below the 5000 mark, including a converted Velodrome. 4 out of 6 stadiums in Lithuania 2011 has less than 6k seats. Athens could host Eurobasket in 5 10k or more arenas, if there was enough motivation. I don't think it will because none will be interested. Eurobasket will again miss a chance for an upgrade.
Old November 27th, 2010, 04:46 AM   #189
Greece

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiAyanami View Post
I think I was too polite considering you ridiculous arguments. Entrance fee? Lets laugh, how much is it, 6 million, like 1/4 the cost of an arena, you can make 2 times more from the television rights alone. If Greece proposes, then they won't include any new arenas, still a higher quality organization plus it will provide a net profit with the right advertising.

Last Eurobasket they had arenas with a couple of thousand seats only, below the 5000 mark, including a converted Velodrome. 4 out of 6 stadiums in Lithuania 2011 has less than 6k seats. Athens could host Eurobasket in 5 10k or more arenas, if there was enough motivation. I don't think it will because none will be interested. Eurobasket will again miss a chance for an upgrade.
I agree 100%!
i doubt we will get it (understandable), but we have all these over 5,000:

Athens:
Olympic Sports Hall-18,700
SEF-17,000 if you add seats around the court
Helliniko Olympic Arena-14,500
Faliro Sports Pavilion-10,000 for basketball?
Ano Liosia Arena-9,300
Peristeri Olympic Boxing Hall-8,500
Galatsi Olympic Arena-8,000 (with seats added around the court)
Olympic Velodrome-6,000 for cycling, probably around 10,000 for basketball
Helliniko Fencing Hall-5,000

Thessaloniki:
PAOK Sports Arena-8,142
Alexandrio Arena-5,200

Crete:
Heraklion Arena-5,222

Larissa:
Larissa Neapolis Arena-5,500

Also:
-4,550 in Patras (if you add seats around the court)
-4,500 in Xanthi (if you add seats around the court)
-4,000 in Athens (Peristeri)
Greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 05:06 AM   #190
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 482

Even in the midst of crisis, Eurobasket as an event is too small time for Greece. Leave it for the developing European countries and focus on hosting FIBA WC sometime in the next 15 years.
Giorgio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 07:10 AM   #191
White_horse

Come on guys just be honest with yourself, do you really think Slovenia is able to organise this event? I dont think so. First off all Slovenia doesnt have enough arenas suitable for euro13 and secondly you need to have enough finance to organise this event. If Slovenia had to organise lets say Euro15 then it would not be any problems to prepare for that, but 2013 is just simply not enough time. Its not only lack of arenas, another issue is number of 4,5 star hotels and accomodation to guests in host cities of euro13. I really appreciate Slovenia's intentions to organise this event and I'd love to see see Eurobasket championship in such basketball country like Slovenia, but I really think they should bid for 2015. Such small european countries like Lithuania or Slovenia need more time to prepare for that. Lithuania was announced as host of Euro2011 in 2005 but we are still preparing for that and there is still long way to go to finish everything off. So guys, no offence, but i think Slovenia should drop it for now and bid it for 2015. More time you have for preparation, the better result it is in the end.
White_horse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 08:19 AM   #192
netgear67

2013 is the perfect time for Slovenia. Why? @ReiAyanami and @Greece said arguments.
Other countries are to big. I know that we are small country, but we are basketball country, and i dont know, if you know,how do we like orginize this event.
2015.... and on its to late. France,Germany,Greece,Italy...this is imposible to compete and win.

How in the world can we compete with that?

Quote:
Athens:
Olympic Sports Hall-18,700
SEF-17,000 if you add seats around the court
Helliniko Olympic Arena-14,500
Faliro Sports Pavilion-10,000 for basketball?
Ano Liosia Arena-9,300
Peristeri Olympic Boxing Hall-8,500
Galatsi Olympic Arena-8,000 (with seats added around the court)
Olympic Velodrome-6,000 for cycling, probably around 10,000 for basketball
Helliniko Fencing Hall-5,000
Now, or never.
Old November 27th, 2010, 09:23 AM   #193
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_horse View Post
Come on guys just be honest with yourself, do you really think Slovenia is able to organise this event?
Yes they can.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 09:24 AM   #194
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgio View Post
Even in the midst of crisis, Eurobasket as an event is too small time for Greece. Leave it for the developing European countries and focus on hosting FIBA WC sometime in the next 15 years.
Euro is just as big as WC in terms of organization, fan support and media support it receives. So please.. cut it.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 02:45 PM   #195
miran92

Quote:
Its not only lack of arenas, another issue is number of 4,5 star hotels and accomodation to guests in host cities of euro13.
"FIBA evaluation committee was impressed by the Slovenian hotel facilities and infrastructure"

http://translate.google.com/translat...rka/1042402673
Old November 27th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #196
mitjamvp

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgio View Post
what do you mean by *developing european countries*?
mitjamvp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #197
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7556

Quote:
Come on guys just be honest with yourself, do you really think Slovenia is able to organise this event? I dont think so. First off all Slovenia doesnt have enough arenas suitable for euro13 and secondly you need to have enough finance to organise this event. If Slovenia had to organise lets say Euro15 then it would not be any problems to prepare for that, but 2013 is just simply not enough time. Its not only lack of arenas, another issue is number of 4,5 star hotels and accomodation to guests in host cities of euro13. I really appreciate Slovenia's intentions to organise this event and I'd love to see see Eurobasket championship in such basketball country like Slovenia, but I really think they should bid for 2015. Such small european countries like Lithuania or Slovenia need more time to prepare for that. Lithuania was announced as host of Euro2011 in 2005 but we are still preparing for that and there is still long way to go to finish everything off. So guys, no offence, but i think Slovenia should drop it for now and bid it for 2015. More time you have for preparation, the better result it is in the end.
Honestly, if Lithuania can pull off hosting the Eurobasket, so can Slovenia - its a much more developed & richer country. Also, I don't see how hotels would be a problem in Slovenia - there are plenty of them already, as the country sees a lot of tourists, who are either visiting the country itself or passing through, on their way to Croatian beaches.

Btw, I'd like to see photos of those Greek venues

Last edited by CrazySerb; November 27th, 2010 at 05:54 PM.
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #198
likasz

Likes (Received): 41

About the World Championship 1998 in Greece:

Quote:
HOWARD FENDRICH Associated Press Writer
AP Online
08-04-1998
ATHENS, Greece (AP) _ Sparse attendance at the World Basketball Championship is hampering the sport's image.

``We are the No. 1 indoor sport, but you don't get that impression when there are 2,000 people in stadiums that seat 18,000,'' FIBA spokesman Florian Wanninger said Tuesday. ``The atmosphere in arenas is important for our image, which is why have not been too happy.''

While local organizing committee officials would not release complete attendance figures, they did acknowledge that games not involving Greece are averaging less than 2,000. Several games have had fans in the hundreds.

But it was 12 years ago, maybe the attendance would be much higher in 2013?

But personally I think that Slovenia should be the organizer because they deserve it more than other countries that had many tournaments in the past.

Last edited by likasz; November 27th, 2010 at 11:04 PM.
likasz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2010, 03:35 AM   #199
ReiAyanami
BANNED

That is a completely pointless post, of which I heard of for the first time. But it doesn't even matter because after Japan the WC changed so much it is completely different but the name. Back then it was only 16 teams in 2 venues, and if there was low attendance in non Greek games means that none cared to visit the competition to support their team from abroad in games considered second class compared to the European finals. If anything this shows what low esteem and support WC basketball had back then from other countries.

Your ironic remark fails even more when between now and 1998 there have been Olympic Games in Athens, which show beyond any doubt the caliber of organization and support the city can undertake that whole other countries cannot.

I have almost never been to this thread, and never said that Greece must host it, since everyone else want to go for WC. What I don't want is stupid comments and remarks the kinds of netgear67...

ps CrazySerb, if you want go to stadia.gr and see for your self

Last edited by ReiAyanami; November 28th, 2010 at 03:42 AM.
Old November 28th, 2010, 05:49 AM   #200
Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Btw, I'd like to see photos of those Greek venues
Olympic Sports Hall-18,700:

Peace & Friendship Stadium-Up to 17,000:

Helliniko Olympic Arena-14,500:

Faliro Sports Pavilion-10,000:

Ano Liossia Arena-9,300:

Peristeri Olympic Boxing Hall-8,500:

Galatsi Olympic Arena-8,000 with added seats around the court:

Just check stadia.gr for the rest . I would post them but stadia.gr isn't working for me today, so just check there. Otherwise, I'll post the rest tomorrow
Greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote