daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 4th, 2009, 01:18 PM   #41
Capital78

Likes (Received): 3

Slovenia wants to bid for Euro2013 as well. But there is nothing 100& sure yet. Our first plan is to have an independent candidature. Second option is bid with Croatia.

Possible venues are:
1. Ljubljana with 2 arenas. New Stožice arena with 12.500 seats and renovated Tivoli with 8.000 seats.

2. Celje with Zlatorog arena. Capacity 5.500 (handball). For basketball 1000 more.

3. Maribor with new or renovated Tabor sports hall.

4. Koper with renovated Bonifika.

5. Jesenice with expanded icehockey arena Podmežakla (5.000). For basketball 1000 seats more.

6. Novo mesto with covered cycling Velodrome (6.000).

If Slovenia decides to have a bid with Croatia both of countries would provide 3 arenas and not 4+2!
Capital78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2009, 03:12 PM   #42
Livno80101
studying

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristo21 View Post
United Kingdom 2013:
London ( the O2, capacity 18.500)
Manchester (MEN Arena, capacity 17,000)
Birmingham (NEC Arena, capacity 12.000_
London (Wembley Arena, capacity 10.000)
Liverpool (Echo Arena, capacity 7.000)
Leeds (new arena, capacity 12.500)

It maybe sounds like a joke but they can hold this tournament.
If Britain bids for Eurobasket and get it, I will never again watch any EuroBasket, because it would be unfair to Croatia and Slovenia because they never hosted any bigger basketball competition, and they are basketball nations, and Britain is not, for sure not. Also, I think that Bosnia could bid for Eurobasket, there are some rumors and there are enough arenas with at least 5k capacity:

Zetra (1984 Olympics Hall) - 12.000 (Sarajevo, population 500k)
Skenderija - 6.000 (also Sarajevo)
Zenica Arena - 6.000 (Zenica, population 130k)
Borik - 6.000 (Banja Luka, population 200k) - put Serbia in Banja Luka in first round and hall is sold out
Mejdan - 6.000 (Tuzla, population 100k)
Pecara - 5.000 (Široki Brijeg 30k) - put Croatia in Široki Brijeg in first round and hall is sold out
Livno80101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 03:17 PM   #43
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1789

Zetra 12k only in your dreams.

Zetra is 5,6k hall and its certainly not worth hosting the finals.

Only hall in BiH that's good for big competition is the one in Zenica.

12k yeh..
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 03:20 PM   #44
SpicyMcHaggis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital78 View Post
If Slovenia decides to have a bid with Croatia both of countries would provide 3 arenas and not 4+2!
I've heard different. Unless some new 7,8k+ hall appears in Slovenia.
Old October 4th, 2009, 08:15 PM   #45
Livno80101
studying

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post
Zetra 12k only in your dreams.

Zetra is 5,6k hall and its certainly not worth hosting the finals.

Only hall in BiH that's good for big competition is the one in Zenica.

12k yeh..
SPICY, YOU ARE JERK................you see that this configuration in Zetra is for ice hockey, and there are no stands behind, only on one side, there can be 12,000 people, on handball against Norway four years ago there were 10k
Old October 4th, 2009, 08:18 PM   #46
El Mariachi

Likes (Received): 5995

Rio.

South America never hosted a FIBA EuroBasket. Duh!
El Mariachi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 12:37 PM   #47
Capital78

Quote:
I've heard different. Unless some new 7,8k+ hall appears in Slovenia.
It's completely reasonable that none of the countries wouldn't be inferior in double candidature. Capacity of the arena is not the most important key. No one from our federation didn't mention 4+2 and I didn't notice that formula in Croatian press as well. The only requirement is that a country has 4 suitable arenas. If we decide for a single candidature, we would provide 5 arenas in 4 towns.
Old October 5th, 2009, 12:45 PM   #48
SpicyMcHaggis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital78 View Post
It's completely reasonable that none of the countries wouldn't be inferior in double candidature. Capacity of the arena is not the most important key. No one from our federation didn't mention 4+2 and I didn't notice that formula in Croatian press as well. The only requirement is that a country has 4 suitable arenas. If we decide for a single candidature, we would provide 5 arenas in 4 towns.
4-2 because money for the hosting (licence fee etc) would be spent in that amount.
Old October 5th, 2009, 01:07 PM   #49
ensarsever

Likes (Received): 5

greece its possible to take 2013
ensarsever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 04:46 PM   #50
Capital78

Quote:
4-2 because money for the hosting (licence fee etc) would be spent in that amount.
Nobody in Slovenia doesn't mention that possibility, I've never heard about it. As I said, the only option for now is a single candidature. A double bid with Croatia is an alternative. But if it comes to that alternative, Slovenia surely wont provide less arenas than Croatia. You can look for all double hosting sport events. 2 countries were always equal in all terms, also infrastructural and commercial.
Old October 8th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #51
Mordaunt-S

Likes (Received): 3761

You're so heavy. Better prepare yourself to organize nothing .

BTW, when's the decision ?
Mordaunt-S no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:46 PM   #52
Kuvvaci
Strange User

Likes (Received): 64

i would like to see it in croatia. they deserve it with their new arena and fans. greece, or UK can do it, but croatia needs it more.
Kuvvaci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:03 AM   #53
Livno80101
studying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuvvaci View Post
i would like to see it in croatia. they deserve it with their new arena and fans. greece, or UK can do it, but croatia needs it more.
yes, and that would be first senior basketball competition held in Croatia, we only had u20 european cup in 1999, I think, and now we deserve to host senior eurobasket, with all those arenas now it would be awesome
Old October 10th, 2009, 03:38 PM   #54
Kuvvaci
Strange User

Likes (Received): 64

I think you'll get it. But when will the result be announced?
Kuvvaci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:26 PM   #55
stefrm

Likes (Received): 54

Italy have announced they will not seek one of the four wild cards for next year's FIBA World Championship but will attempt to win the right to stage EuroBasket 2013.

The Italians, who earlier this year lost to Spain in their bid to host the 2014 FIBA World Championship, last held the EuroBasket in 1991.

An Italian Basketball Federation (FIP) statement said: "The federation council has decided not to request of FIBA a wild card in order to take part in the 2010 FIBA World Championship in Turkey.

"The federal council has decided to continue with the will for Italy to organize the 2013 EuroBasket.
"Among the other hypothetical competitors are Greece, Germany, Croatia and Slovenia.

"The last two could present a joint candidature."

The Azzurri received one of the four wild cards to play at the FIBA World Championship in Japan three years ago when the tournament was expanded to 24 teams but they have fallen on hard times since, failing to reach the Quarter-Finals of EuroBasket 2007 and then missing out all together on this summer's EuroBasket in Poland.

Italy came in third last year in their Division A, Group A campaign behind Serbia and Bulgaria, and then ended up losing out to France in Group B of the Additional Qualifying Round for EuroBasket 2009.

The French won the six-team AQR to advance to the Final Round and then claimed a fifth-place finish to earn a spot in next year's big event in Turkey.

The FIBA Central Board will meet in December in Geneva and announce which countries are to receive the four wild cards for Turkey.

Italy international Stefano Mancinelli, meanwhile, has been slapped with a two-game ban by the FIP for his role in the fight that occurred at the end of a friendly against Canada several days before the start of the Additional Qualifying Round for the EuroBasket.

Players from both teams left the benches and ran onto the court though calm was eventually restored.
stefrm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2009, 02:06 AM   #56
sali_haci
High in the sky

Likes (Received): 2635

Greece is a good choise...
I want it in Turkey, but after WC 2010 maybe the best choise is Greece..
sali_haci está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2009, 02:13 AM   #57
Livno80101
studying

Quote:
Originally Posted by sali_haci View Post
Greece is a good choise...
I want it in Turkey, but after WC 2010 maybe the best choise is Greece..
no Greece, they already hosted EuroBasket...Croatia or Slovenia should get it, they are young countries, but with good basketball tradition, both are qualified to Turkey 2010, good arenas, especially in Croatia (Zagreb Arena, Spaladium Arena in Split, Gradski Vrt in Osijek, some new planned), and Slovenia is planning to build new arenas... so my vote goes to those two countries, first Croatia as I am Croat...
Old December 29th, 2009, 12:07 PM   #58
ReiAyanami
BANNED

Likes (Received): 66

Greece hosted it last time in 1995
ReiAyanami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #59
kerouac1848

Likes (Received): 1543

Quote:
If Britain bids for Eurobasket and get it, I will never again watch any EuroBasket, because it would be unfair to Croatia and Slovenia because they never hosted any bigger basketball competition, and they are basketball nations, and Britain is not, for sure not. Also, I think that Bosnia could bid for Eurobasket, there are some rumors and there are enough arenas with at least 5k capacity:

I agree with you that it is wrong to do that in any sport, one of the reasons why the US shouldn't have gotten the WC in 1994. However, don't confuse basketball as a minor sport to being non-existent in the UK. The grassroots are strong (most played sport for U-18s after football), but that cannot be turned into spectator capital as of now. Poor organisation and the collapse of a television outlet 10 years ago (ITV Digital, who the league had just signed a TV contract worth £21 million with) have massively stunted its development.
kerouac1848 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2009, 08:04 PM   #60
Sylver
Szef

Likes (Received): 1

Greece, Croatia, or Slovenia are the only countries that actually deserve to host it.