daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 11th, 2010, 12:57 AM   #101
Greece
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 48
Likes (Received): 0

I read the whole thread acually. I just didn't know if there was a deadline or something. I was so confident that Greece would bid, but all Greeks in charge of sports federations have a fear of bidding it seems, when it's just stupid that we have great venues that are never used.
Greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2010, 02:03 PM   #102
toilet drama
Registered User
 
toilet drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 116
Likes (Received): 17

Slovenian possible venues:

Ljubljana:

Športni park Stožice (12550): will be completed in August 2010





Arena Zlatorog (6500)





Dvorana Tivoli (8000) will be expended





Jesenice (6500) will be reconstructed in 2011





Dvorana Tabor (3800) will be accommodate to 4500 spectators



Dvorana Bonifika (3000) will be accommodate to 5000 spectators





Maybe will be build a new hall in Ptuj for the 5000 spectators.
toilet drama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 04:13 PM   #103
Capital78
Registered User
 
Capital78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Celje, Ljubljana/Slovenia
Posts: 918
Likes (Received): 3

toliet drama

Zlatorog arena in Celje has 5154 seats, and it's impossible to increase it up to 6500. 5500 is maximum if they add seats behind the goals.

Jesenice are not in plan to organise the Championship although they will have a renovated hall.

Tabor in Maribor is probably too small. The minimum capacity should be 5000 seats, so they need extra 2000 seats. Where can they put them??? The same problem has Koper.
Capital78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 04:19 PM   #104
toilet drama
Registered User
 
toilet drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 116
Likes (Received): 17

It's possible venues!
toilet drama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 05:07 PM   #105
pop1982
Registered User
 
pop1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 2,994
Likes (Received): 1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital78 View Post
toliet drama

Zlatorog arena in Celje has 5154 seats, and it's impossible to increase it up to 6500. 5500 is maximum if they add seats behind the goals.

Jesenice are not in plan to organise the Championship although they will have a renovated hall.

Tabor in Maribor is probably too small. The minimum capacity should be 5000 seats, so they need extra 2000 seats. Where can they put them??? The same problem has Koper.
For handball,but for basketball is some 1000-1500+.
pop1982 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 07:37 PM   #106
likasz
Registered User
 
likasz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,380
Likes (Received): 41

Is it true that 24 NTs will particapate in the event??

Not too many?
likasz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2010, 12:11 AM   #107
toilet drama
Registered User
 
toilet drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 116
Likes (Received): 17


new basketball hall in Stožice 12 550 visitors.
toilet drama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2010, 11:50 PM   #108
Livno80101
studying
 
Livno80101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA 95070
Posts: 603
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by likasz View Post
Is it true that 24 NTs will particapate in the event??

Not too many?
Yes, that is confirmed.

Frankly, I dont know what type of virus hit UEFA and FIBAEurope. Even in more spread sport - football - it is exaggeration. And I dont know what will that Cup look like.

And for basketball... oh my Gosh. There is barely 16 good teams in Europe, and watching teams like Portugal and Bosnia and Italy is just bad for further development of that great and beautiful game. Only good thing would be having EuroBaskets in 4 year period - if stays every 2 years - that would suck big time.


So, 24 teams cup - Bosnia fails as host - as it is just too many.

Also Slovenia.

Other countries are capable to organize it, as they already had big cups hosted, in other sports.

Croatia is my favourite - never hosted it, and have maybe best facilities in Eastern Europe. And maybe it would make great thing if they and Slovenia go into organization together.
Livno80101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 06:41 PM   #109
toilet drama
Registered User
 
toilet drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 116
Likes (Received): 17

I don't thik so. Slovenia got allready 3 good arenas. One is in reconstructing. We need 6 arenas for 5000 people. Two arenas can accomodate on 5000 and one arena we will build if we'll get Eurobasket 2013.
toilet drama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:50 PM   #110
JYDA
Registered User
 
JYDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,176
Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livno80101 View Post
Yes, that is confirmed.

Frankly, I dont know what type of virus hit UEFA and FIBAEurope. Even in more spread sport - football - it is exaggeration. And I dont know what will that Cup look like.

And for basketball... oh my Gosh. There is barely 16 good teams in Europe, and watching teams like Portugal and Bosnia and Italy is just bad for further development of that great and beautiful game. Only good thing would be having EuroBaskets in 4 year period - if stays every 2 years - that would suck big time.
Is this sarcasm? Italy won Eurobasket 1999 and Bronze in 2003. They have many good players.
JYDA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:57 PM   #111
SpicyMcHaggis
Registered User
 
SpicyMcHaggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,953
Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYDA View Post
Is this sarcasm? Italy won Eurobasket 1999 and Bronze in 2003. They have many good players.
Not to mention that their league is one of the strongest in the world..
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:00 AM   #112
toilet drama
Registered User
 
toilet drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 116
Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livno80101 View Post
Croatia is my favourite - never hosted it, and have maybe best facilities in Eastern Europe. And maybe it would make great thing if they and Slovenia go into organization together.
We will see, if we won't have good chance, than we'll organize EB2013 together.
toilet drama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 01:14 AM   #113
Livno80101
studying
 
Livno80101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA 95070
Posts: 603
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYDA View Post
Is this sarcasm? Italy won Eurobasket 1999 and Bronze in 2003. They have many good players.
Yes, I am sarcastic a bit.

But they are struggling in EB2011 Qualifiers, struggle vs Finland (Finland, dude) and teams like that, their national team is low, very low, seems they are going to miss second EB in a row, and that was the reason for my sarcastic comment.

But, anyways, I am convinced they are ruining European basketball with this ridiculous format change.

And, man from Iceland is in charge of European basketball.
Livno80101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 06:25 AM   #114
JYDA
Registered User
 
JYDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,176
Likes (Received): 94

livno,

I look at it the other way. I think Italy's struggles are more a representation of increasing depth in European basketball. A lot of 2nd rate basketball countries have made big improvements. Just look at Great Britain and Belgium. The Eurobasket qualifiers have been very competitive. This wasn't the case in the past.
JYDA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #115
likasz
Registered User
 
likasz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,380
Likes (Received): 41

I think it's the result that in every team can play one naturalized player.GB without Deng will not be so good.

Italy is in 100% Italian and no black players
likasz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 04:31 AM   #116
JYDA
Registered User
 
JYDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,176
Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by likasz View Post
I think it's the result that in every team can play one naturalized player.GB without Deng will not be so good.

Italy is in 100% Italian and no black players
Deng's a bad example. Deng grew up in London. He's not a mercenary. He's playing for GB because he wants to. He even supported the team at Eurobasket in person last year despite being unable to play due to injury. He's not like some of the other guys who are playing for countries they have zero ties to in exchange for a passport to help their european pro career. If you're talking about Taurean Greene of Belgium and Henry Domercant of Bosnia then fair enough.

As for your last comment, does a player have to be white to be Italian??? Is Mario Balotelli not Italian? Is Sofoklis Schortsianitis not Greek? Is the whole French basketball team not French???? These are national teams not ethnic teams.
JYDA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #117
likasz
Registered User
 
likasz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,380
Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Deng's a bad example. Deng grew up in London. He's not a mercenary. He's playing for GB because he wants to. He even supported the team at Eurobasket in person last year despite being unable to play due to injury. He's not like some of the other guys who are playing for countries they have zero ties to in exchange for a passport to help their european pro career. If you're talking about Taurean Greene of Belgium and Henry Domercant of Bosnia then fair enough.
Okay, maybe it was not a good example but if I'm not wrong Manute Bol played for Sudanese NT.

Quote:
As for your last comment, does a player have to be white to be Italian??? Is Mario Balotelli not Italian? Is Sofoklis Schortsianitis not Greek? Is the whole French basketball team not French???? These are national teams not ethnic teams.
I hope you do not think I'm a racist

Sofo is Greek, Boris Diaw is French and Mario Balotelli is Italian - no doubts.But most black players who play in poorer European NTs are mercenaries.Black people are usually better in basketball than whites because they are more athletic.
likasz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 12:13 AM   #118
miran92
Registered User
 
miran92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kranj
Posts: 263
Likes (Received): 88

Top story of the day...only Slovenia and Italy have officially declared their bids for Eurobasket 2013.
miran92 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 09:52 PM   #119
toilet drama
Registered User
 
toilet drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 116
Likes (Received): 17

And Italy didn't qualified to eurobasket 2011. If Slovenia will go to quarter final in world championshim in Turkey, will be EB 2013 ours.
toilet drama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 09:57 PM   #120
SpicyMcHaggis
Registered User
 
SpicyMcHaggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,953
Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by toilet drama View Post
And Italy didn't qualified to eurobasket 2011. If Slovenia will go to quarter final in world championshim in Turkey, will be EB 2013 ours.
Results don't have anything to do with this..
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu