daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 11th, 2010, 12:57 AM   #101
Greece

Likes (Received): 0

I read the whole thread acually. I just didn't know if there was a deadline or something. I was so confident that Greece would bid, but all Greeks in charge of sports federations have a fear of bidding it seems, when it's just stupid that we have great venues that are never used.
Greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2010, 02:03 PM   #102
toilet drama

Likes (Received): 17

Slovenian possible venues:

Ljubljana:

Športni park Stožice (12550): will be completed in August 2010

Arena Zlatorog (6500)

Dvorana Tivoli (8000) will be expended

Jesenice (6500) will be reconstructed in 2011

Dvorana Tabor (3800) will be accommodate to 4500 spectators

Dvorana Bonifika (3000) will be accommodate to 5000 spectators

Maybe will be build a new hall in Ptuj for the 5000 spectators.
toilet drama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 04:13 PM   #103
Capital78

Likes (Received): 3

toliet drama

Zlatorog arena in Celje has 5154 seats, and it's impossible to increase it up to 6500. 5500 is maximum if they add seats behind the goals.

Jesenice are not in plan to organise the Championship although they will have a renovated hall.

Tabor in Maribor is probably too small. The minimum capacity should be 5000 seats, so they need extra 2000 seats. Where can they put them??? The same problem has Koper.
Capital78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 04:19 PM   #104
toilet drama

It's possible venues!
Old July 23rd, 2010, 05:07 PM   #105
pop1982

Likes (Received): 1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital78 View Post
toliet drama

Zlatorog arena in Celje has 5154 seats, and it's impossible to increase it up to 6500. 5500 is maximum if they add seats behind the goals.

Jesenice are not in plan to organise the Championship although they will have a renovated hall.

Tabor in Maribor is probably too small. The minimum capacity should be 5000 seats, so they need extra 2000 seats. Where can they put them??? The same problem has Koper.
For handball,but for basketball is some 1000-1500+.
pop1982 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 07:37 PM   #106
likasz

Likes (Received): 41

Is it true that 24 NTs will particapate in the event??

Not too many?
likasz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2010, 12:11 AM   #107
toilet drama

new basketball hall in Stožice 12 550 visitors.
Old August 21st, 2010, 11:50 PM   #108
Livno80101
studying

Quote:
Originally Posted by likasz View Post
Is it true that 24 NTs will particapate in the event??

Not too many?
Yes, that is confirmed.

Frankly, I dont know what type of virus hit UEFA and FIBAEurope. Even in more spread sport - football - it is exaggeration. And I dont know what will that Cup look like.

And for basketball... oh my Gosh. There is barely 16 good teams in Europe, and watching teams like Portugal and Bosnia and Italy is just bad for further development of that great and beautiful game. Only good thing would be having EuroBaskets in 4 year period - if stays every 2 years - that would suck big time.

So, 24 teams cup - Bosnia fails as host - as it is just too many.

Also Slovenia.

Other countries are capable to organize it, as they already had big cups hosted, in other sports.

Croatia is my favourite - never hosted it, and have maybe best facilities in Eastern Europe. And maybe it would make great thing if they and Slovenia go into organization together.
Livno80101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 06:41 PM   #109
toilet drama

I don't thik so. Slovenia got allready 3 good arenas. One is in reconstructing. We need 6 arenas for 5000 people. Two arenas can accomodate on 5000 and one arena we will build if we'll get Eurobasket 2013.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:50 PM   #110
JYDA

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livno80101 View Post
Yes, that is confirmed.

Frankly, I dont know what type of virus hit UEFA and FIBAEurope. Even in more spread sport - football - it is exaggeration. And I dont know what will that Cup look like.

And for basketball... oh my Gosh. There is barely 16 good teams in Europe, and watching teams like Portugal and Bosnia and Italy is just bad for further development of that great and beautiful game. Only good thing would be having EuroBaskets in 4 year period - if stays every 2 years - that would suck big time.
Is this sarcasm? Italy won Eurobasket 1999 and Bronze in 2003. They have many good players.
JYDA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:57 PM   #111
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYDA View Post
Is this sarcasm? Italy won Eurobasket 1999 and Bronze in 2003. They have many good players.
Not to mention that their league is one of the strongest in the world..
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:00 AM   #112
toilet drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livno80101 View Post
Croatia is my favourite - never hosted it, and have maybe best facilities in Eastern Europe. And maybe it would make great thing if they and Slovenia go into organization together.
We will see, if we won't have good chance, than we'll organize EB2013 together.
Old August 26th, 2010, 01:14 AM   #113
Livno80101
studying

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYDA View Post
Yes, I am sarcastic a bit.

But they are struggling in EB2011 Qualifiers, struggle vs Finland (Finland, dude) and teams like that, their national team is low, very low, seems they are going to miss second EB in a row, and that was the reason for my sarcastic comment.

But, anyways, I am convinced they are ruining European basketball with this ridiculous format change.

And, man from Iceland is in charge of European basketball.
Livno80101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 06:25 AM   #114
JYDA

livno,

I look at it the other way. I think Italy's struggles are more a representation of increasing depth in European basketball. A lot of 2nd rate basketball countries have made big improvements. Just look at Great Britain and Belgium. The Eurobasket qualifiers have been very competitive. This wasn't the case in the past.
Old August 26th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #115
likasz

I think it's the result that in every team can play one naturalized player.GB without Deng will not be so good.

Italy is in 100% Italian and no black players
Old August 27th, 2010, 04:31 AM   #116
JYDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by likasz View Post
I think it's the result that in every team can play one naturalized player.GB without Deng will not be so good.

Italy is in 100% Italian and no black players
Deng's a bad example. Deng grew up in London. He's not a mercenary. He's playing for GB because he wants to. He even supported the team at Eurobasket in person last year despite being unable to play due to injury. He's not like some of the other guys who are playing for countries they have zero ties to in exchange for a passport to help their european pro career. If you're talking about Taurean Greene of Belgium and Henry Domercant of Bosnia then fair enough.

As for your last comment, does a player have to be white to be Italian??? Is Mario Balotelli not Italian? Is Sofoklis Schortsianitis not Greek? Is the whole French basketball team not French???? These are national teams not ethnic teams.
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #117
likasz

Quote:
Deng's a bad example. Deng grew up in London. He's not a mercenary. He's playing for GB because he wants to. He even supported the team at Eurobasket in person last year despite being unable to play due to injury. He's not like some of the other guys who are playing for countries they have zero ties to in exchange for a passport to help their european pro career. If you're talking about Taurean Greene of Belgium and Henry Domercant of Bosnia then fair enough.
Okay, maybe it was not a good example but if I'm not wrong Manute Bol played for Sudanese NT.

Quote:
As for your last comment, does a player have to be white to be Italian??? Is Mario Balotelli not Italian? Is Sofoklis Schortsianitis not Greek? Is the whole French basketball team not French???? These are national teams not ethnic teams.
I hope you do not think I'm a racist

Sofo is Greek, Boris Diaw is French and Mario Balotelli is Italian - no doubts.But most black players who play in poorer European NTs are mercenaries.Black people are usually better in basketball than whites because they are more athletic.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 12:13 AM   #118
miran92

Likes (Received): 88

Top story of the day...only Slovenia and Italy have officially declared their bids for Eurobasket 2013.
miran92 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 09:52 PM   #119
toilet drama

And Italy didn't qualified to eurobasket 2011. If Slovenia will go to quarter final in world championshim in Turkey, will be EB 2013 ours.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 09:57 PM   #120
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by toilet drama View Post
And Italy didn't qualified to eurobasket 2011. If Slovenia will go to quarter final in world championshim in Turkey, will be EB 2013 ours.
Results don't have anything to do with this..
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote