daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 23rd, 2010, 08:53 PM   #421
manrush
Agenda 21 Advocate

Likes (Received): 499

If I'm not mistaken, this is an alternative render of the Incheon Subway line 2 vehicle.

If only they would have gone with this model.

http://img.yonhapnews.co.kr/photo/yn...0006500_P2.jpg
manrush no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2010, 03:09 AM   #422
littlearea

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by manrush View Post
If I'm not mistaken, this is an alternative render of the Incheon Subway line 2 vehicle.

If only they would have gone with this model.

http://img.yonhapnews.co.kr/photo/yn...0006500_P2.jpg
Actually, this is Sao paulo metro line 4.
littlearea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2010, 03:42 AM   #423
manrush
Agenda 21 Advocate

Likes (Received): 499

My bad.
manrush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:00 AM   #424
martinw600

Likes (Received): 0

AREX

I heard that AREX would be opening from Gimpo to Seoul Station soon. There is a pop-up on the website http://www.arex.or.kr/jsp/main.jsp, but unfortunately, I can't understand it! I suspect it might talk about preliminary test runs, then an opening at the end of Dec. I really hope it is open soon, I have a visitor coming in at 5.30am one morning soon, and the train would make things a lot easier! Also, any news on the line out to Chuncheon?
martinw600 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #425
ruready1000

Likes (Received): 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinw600 View Post
I heard that AREX would be opening from Gimpo to Seoul Station soon. There is a pop-up on the website http://www.arex.or.kr/jsp/main.jsp, but unfortunately, I can't understand it! I suspect it might talk about preliminary test runs, then an opening at the end of Dec. I really hope it is open soon, I have a visitor coming in at 5.30am one morning soon, and the train would make things a lot easier! Also, any news on the line out to Chuncheon?
The pop-up on the website about test runs. They are now receiving applications for trial run for public. AREX(or Airport Railroad) Phase II will begin operation on December, 29.

Gyeongchun Line will begin operation on December, 21.

ruready1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 03:41 AM   #426
martinw600

Gyeongchun Line

Thanks as always, Ruready! I have to rely on Wiki - and you, of course! - for the latest updates. So the Gyeongchun line will be integrated into the subway system, right? But is there also still a faster, railroad line out to Chuncheon, from Cheongnyangni station? Or is it all the same? I am planning my trips out there around Christmas for some 닭갈비
Old November 19th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #427
ruready1000

Quote:
Thanks as always, Ruready! I have to rely on Wiki - and you, of course! - for the latest updates. So the Gyeongchun line will be integrated into the subway system, right? But is there also still a faster, railroad line out to Chuncheon, from Cheongnyangni station? Or is it all the same? I am planning my trips out there around Christmas for some 닭갈비
Quote:
So the Gyeongchun line will be integrated into the subway system, right?
Yes

Quote:
But is there also still a faster, railroad line out to Chuncheon, from Cheongnyangni station? Or is it all the same?
The current mugunghwa class train between Cheongnyangni and Chuncheon will be abolished. Instead express trains between Yongsan and Chuncheon will begin service by the end of next year.

In short, there will be two type trains on Gyeongchun Line after being integrated into the subway : Normal Train (between Sin-sangbong and Chuncheon) and Express Train (between Yongsan and Chuncheon, schduled to begin its operation by the end of next year with additional fare). According to current plan, Gyeongchun Subway Line trains will not stop at Cheongnyangni station due to the shortage of carrying capacity.

And the fare will be reduced by half.
- Current Fare(between Cheongnyangni and Chuncheon) : 5400 won
- After Dec.21(between Sin-Sangbong and Chuncheon) : 2600 won
Old November 19th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #428
ruready1000

Daeseongri Station on Gyeongchun Line

source
Old November 24th, 2010, 06:09 PM   #429
Jaroslaw

Likes (Received): 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkstrknb View Post
I would love to see pictures of all the maglev track being built! I was in South Korea back in 2008 to see the maglev train they built in Daejeon. Now they are finally building their first commercial maglev!

Go to http://www.monorails.org/tMspages/Daejeon1.html to see pictures of my first trip to Daejeon.

Luke
It's a useless demonstration project which will have no practical impact. Slow train from the airport to Seoul (60km distant, max 120 km/h), Maglev from the airport in the other direction, to small villages and empty fields.
Jaroslaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2010, 06:19 PM   #430
ruready1000

Gyeongchun Line Express Train Mock-up
  • Maximum Speed : 180 km/h ( Design Speed : 198 km/h)
  • Configuration : 4M4T (TC - M'1 - M1 - T - T - M2 - M'2 - TC)
  • Length x Width x Height : 19,500 mm x 3,120 mm x 3,720 mm (4,410 mm : Double Decker)
  • Capacity : 422 seats
  • Electric System : AC 25kv 60Hz
  • It's scheduled to begin commercial operation by the end of next year

source
Old December 2nd, 2010, 04:43 AM   #431
martinw600

It looks like it will be very convenient to get to Chuncheon! Is it known yet when Sinnae Station, the extension of Line 6, will open, so it can connect to the Gyeongchun Line?
Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:52 AM   #432
ruready1000

Quote:
It looks like it will be very convenient to get to Chuncheon! Is it known yet when Sinnae Station, the extension of Line 6, will open, so it can connect to the Gyeongchun Line?
According to several news, Sinnae Station will begin operation in 2012. Specific date is unknown yet.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:19 PM   #433
TheKorean
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruready1000 View Post
Daeseongri Station on Gyeongchun Line

source
What is that? Half rapid transit platform and half intercity train platform?
TheKorean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 02:43 AM   #434
ruready1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKorean View Post
What is that? Half rapid transit platform and half intercity train platform?
Yes. Low platform for current rail service and high platform for use after the upgrade. When Gyeongchun Line is integrated into Seoul Metropolitan Transit, the low platform will be removed maybe.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 07:28 AM   #435
ruready1000

Gyeongchun Line Trial Test

Gyeongchun Line, schdeuled to be lauched on the 21th of this month, had a trial ride to the selected peoples.

Old December 8th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #436
ruready1000

Sin-Bundang Line Train and AUTS Train on ILRO Station

source
Old December 8th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #437
lkstrknb
Chicago Luke

Likes (Received): 804

Those are beautiful trains!!

On an unrelated note, I was wondering if anyone has news or pictures of the new maglev system being built at the Incheon International Airport? Back in August they announced the groundbreaking for the system but I haven't heard anything since. Does anyone have any information???
lkstrknb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 07:46 AM   #438
ruready1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkstrknb View Post
Those are beautiful trains!!

On an unrelated note, I was wondering if anyone has news or pictures of the new maglev system being built at the Incheon International Airport? Back in August they announced the groundbreaking for the system but I haven't heard anything since. Does anyone have any information???
There are few information or news related to Incheon Maglev, except for the groundbreaking news like this. It seems that rail fans are not much interested in maglev trains, resulting in rare apperance on the web. Anyhow you would get more information when the construction is nearing completion and it starts test run, I think.
Old December 10th, 2010, 05:46 AM   #439
lkstrknb
Chicago Luke

Likes (Received): 804

Quote:
There are few information or news related to Incheon Maglev, except for the groundbreaking news like this. It seems that rail fans are not much interested in maglev trains, resulting in rare apperance on the web. Anyhow you would get more information when the construction is nearing completion and it starts test run, I think.
That's a shame. I see a great future for urban maglevs. Maglev systems require much less long term maintenance to the track and trains and are much quieter than their steel wheel on rail counterparts, especially around curves.
lkstrknb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #440
Jaroslaw

Likes (Received): 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruready1000 View Post
All the info is in a display area on the ground floor of the Airport Train terminal at Incheon--they have a model of the train system, maps, sketches, renderings, even a brochure, and everything is in Korean and English.

The only time I've been there--and it's a nice, grand space--was killing time a few months ago, but I will be at the airport again in a month or so, I'll try to take some pics unless someone beats me to it.
Jaroslaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
korea, metro, seoul, subway, transport