daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 30th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #481
ruready1000

Likes (Received): 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyL8 View Post
Rotem?
Rotem.
ruready1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2011, 06:22 PM   #482
Jaroslaw

Likes (Received): 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinw600 View Post
...I wonder if the Seoul Station check-in with be incredibly crowded?
1. Only Korean airlines will use this check-in facility. Kind of sadly typical for Korea, it's like the 1980's never ended... in Hong Kong, for example, there is no such discrimination.

2. You can use this facility only if you take the express train (for 8,000 won extra).
Jaroslaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 01:36 AM   #483
ruready1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaroslaw View Post
1. Only Korean airlines will use this check-in facility. Kind of sadly typical for Korea, it's like the 1980's never ended... in Hong Kong, for example, there is no such discrimination.
I don't think government or korail stop foreign airliners from entering city air ternimal. For example foreign airliners are providing services at Samsung City Air Terminal(another city air terminal in Seoul) now.

Quote:
2. You can use this facility only if you take the express train (for 8,000 won extra).
Unlike the express train service, the normal train(or commuter train) will act as commuter train. At the same time with the full openning of Airport Railroad, some section(between Geomam and Seoul station) serviced by normal train(or commuter train) is integrated into Seoul Metropolitan Integrated Fare System, so the fare of normal train is considerably lower than it used to be and in result the fare of express train looks relatively expensive.
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #484
davieb55

Likes (Received): 3

Actually, when downtown check-in first started in Hong Kong, it was only for Cathay Pacific and a handful of other airlines....and over time more and more airlines were added. Still, I suppose that it doesn't look good considering Korea's (maybe unfair) image of being anti-foreign.
Old January 4th, 2011, 06:28 PM   #485
TheKorean
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Is it really illogical to give the airline companies in the own country a priority over foreign airlines? Is it really illogical to give own citizens priorities over very few foreign tourists? I bet most dont even use the metro.
TheKorean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 09:59 PM   #486
Jaroslaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKorean View Post
Is it really illogical to give the airline companies in the own country a priority over foreign airlines? Is it really illogical to give own citizens priorities over very few foreign tourists? I bet most dont even use the metro.
Even in Korean law, equal treatment of citizens and foreigners is proscribed. And this is not about tourists, but about Korea's protectionism. This is more generally a problem in East Asia, but let's not get off-topic here...
Old January 5th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #487
Gag Halfrunt

Likes (Received): 27

Do you mean proscribed (banned) or prescribed (required)?
Gag Halfrunt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 06:12 AM   #488
Jaroslaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gag Halfrunt View Post
Do you mean proscribed (banned) or prescribed (required)?
Required. Thanks!
Old January 7th, 2011, 11:09 AM   #489
davieb55

Likes (Received): 3

I read today that in Bangkok, downtown check-in just started at the City Air Terminal. It's currently available ONLY for Thai Airlines passengers flying on domestic or international flights.
Old January 17th, 2011, 01:48 AM   #490
lkstrknb
Chicago Luke

Likes (Received): 804

Korea Maglev --- Innotrans 2008 Berlin

http://magnetbahnforum.de/index.php?Rotem-Urban-Maglev

I just found some old pictures of a life-size model of the maglev from the Berlin Innotrans convention in 2008. Enjoy!

Jaroslaw, have you made it to the Incheon Airport yet? I'm curious to know if they have any more information or if you can see some construction activity.

Luke

Quote:
All the info is in a display area on the ground floor of the Airport Train terminal at Incheon--they have a model of the train system, maps, sketches, renderings, even a brochure, and everything is in Korean and English.

The only time I've been there--and it's a nice, grand space--was killing time a few months ago, but I will be at the airport again in a month or so, I'll try to take some pics unless someone beats me to it.
lkstrknb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 02:17 AM   #491
martinw600

Likes (Received): 0

Line 2 problems on Friday 11th February

Hey everyone, did anyone suffer from very unusual delays on Line 2 on Friday night (11th Feb)? I was in Samseong Station at 6.30pm, planning to head east, but the platform was already very, very crowded. Then, when the east-bound train come in, it terminated there, so the platform got even more crowded. The train was then turned around to go west, as there were no trains indicated that way, and hadn't been for at least 5-7 mins. Obviously, this made things super-crowded, and there were continuing delays for quite some time afterwards. It was really unusual for Seoul, the worst delays I have ever experienced in 10 years living here and using the subway all the time. Does anyone know what happened?
martinw600 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 12:57 PM   #492
ruready1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinw600 View Post
Hey everyone, did anyone suffer from very unusual delays on Line 2 on Friday night (11th Feb)? I was in Samseong Station at 6.30pm, planning to head east, but the platform was already very, very crowded. Then, when the east-bound train come in, it terminated there, so the platform got even more crowded. The train was then turned around to go west, as there were no trains indicated that way, and hadn't been for at least 5-7 mins. Obviously, this made things super-crowded, and there were continuing delays for quite some time afterwards. It was really unusual for Seoul, the worst delays I have ever experienced in 10 years living here and using the subway all the time. Does anyone know what happened?
According tothis news, a train stopped at Hongdae station at 5:55pm due to a brake trouble, then at 6.19pm the train returned to normal by itself.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:47 AM   #493
TheKorean
BANNED

Anyone know why Yongin Everline is still not open?
Old February 24th, 2011, 10:50 AM   #494
ruready1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKorean View Post
Anyone know why Yongin Everline is still not open?
Here :

Quote:
In Yongin, the trains are headed nowhere

Dispute between company and city has kept service from starting

Yongin Rapid Transit Co. has filed a lawsuit in an international court against the Yongin city government over the delay of a rapid transit system that would connect the city with the Bundang line in the west.

Yongin Rapid Transit confirmed on Monday that it filed the litigation to collect damages from the city because it says it had to terminate its contract with the city to stop “insurmountable losses” after the city refused to approve the completion of the project.

The lawsuit was filed in the International Court of Arbitration under the International Chamber of Commerce, a Paris-based dispute-resolution tribunal, because one of the chief investors in the project is Canada’s Bombadier Advanced Rapid Transit.

Construction work is finished on the fully automated 18.5 kilometer (11.5 mile) rapid transit system. The Yongin EverLine was scheduled to open last July, with Yongin Rapid Transit operating the system. The city, however, believes the project is flawed and must be fixed before service can begin.

The project started in 2005, but its opening has been delayed by more than seven months because the new mayor, Kim Hak-kyu, who ran on the Democratic Party ticket, opposed the project.

With the contract cancellation, the city became the owner of EverLine and is obligated to reimburse the private investors who financed the project.

Of the 1 trillion won ($889 million) used in the construction of the EverLine project, private investment from companies like Bombadier is estimated to be between 600 billion and 700 billion won. Legal experts say it could take more than a year to resolve the issue.

In an interview with JoongAng Ilbo on Monday, Kim said the project is being delayed due to construction problems, not politics.

Showing a 500-page report that examined the safety of the EverLine, Kim said he had to delay start of rail service because its contractor didn’t make changes the city requested in December. Kim said the city demanded the contractor improve safety and noise conditions, but none of the changes were made.

“I explode with anger whenever I flip through pages of the report,” Kim said.

Due to flaws in the construction, Kim said, “the rail service doesn’t guarantee passengers’ safety, and on top of that, the project remains a persistent headache for the Yongin city government.”

Kim did say, though, that the rail service will be opened at “an appropriate time,” after the defects are fixed. Kim added that he couldn’t leave the completed public transportation project idle.

“At this point, the rail service is not safe,” Kim said. “The report found that 40 sections were poorly constructed. We also received complaints from Dongbaek and Sanggal residents that they are concerned with rail-service noise problems.”

Kim also said the city faces another dilemma. Data from the Gyeonggi Research Institute showed that the rail service would attract 32,000 passengers daily, but a city task force determined that the service would attract only about 10,000 passengers a day.

If the lower total turns out to be true, the loss of revenue would hit the city hard.

“More taxpayers’ money would be needed to make ends meet, and that’s why we have been delaying opening of the service,” Kim said.

Kim Hak-pil, CEO of Yongin Rapid Transit, blames the city for the conflict. And financial losses mounted, he said, because the company was expecting to gain revenue from operating the system.

“With the Yongin city government’s refusal to approve the project’s completion, we can’t afford the operating fees of between 2 billion and 3 billion won per month [before the contract was terminated] and we face 120 million won interest per day,” Kim said.

Kim said his company isn’t responsible for the lower ridership estimates.

“The number of expected passengers for EverLine dropped because of the Bundang line’s extension construction work connecting Ori and Suwon,” Kim said.

Kim also denied that there has been any poor construction. Kim said the city is just making an excuse to delay the project.

“We have completed the construction as written on the contract,” Kim said. “We also reported to the city government in November that we agreed with Dongbaek residents to complete noise prevention work after service is opened.”

Kim said his company is in dire straits and had to move to a smaller office again after it moved to another building because it couldn’t afford the electricity bill.

Kim said all 165 workers who were originally hired for the project had their positions terminated as of Feb. 11.

By Yu Kil-yong, Chung Young-jin [[email protected]]

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/artic...sp?aid=2932604
Old February 24th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #495
TheKorean
BANNED

That is so freaking stupid. After it was finished, they are going to terminate it? What kind of money wasting people are they?
Old June 13th, 2011, 04:02 AM   #496
martinw600

Likes (Received): 0

Any news to update us on? I hear the Gyeongchun Line will be come more frequent, and the express will start from Yongsan in December. I hope the extension of Line 9 will happen soon as well.
martinw600 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:43 AM   #497
Myouzke

Likes (Received): 57

Its a bit late but the Busan-Gimhae LRT have been running for 2 weeks since its operational date. It connects Busan with Gimhae via Gimhae Airport and its 23.4 km with 21 stations.

Yonhap News

NEWSIS

The current Busan Subway Map
Myouzke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #498
sterlinglush

Likes (Received): 5

Is the Busan-Gimhae LRT in service or are these trial runs?
sterlinglush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #499
krnboy1009

Likes (Received): 169

I think its in full service.
krnboy1009 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 09:59 PM   #500
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

Sh...#%&&%! i just missed it by 2 weeks, when i was in Busan by the 15th of july.
Is the Gimhae line conected fully to the Busan Metro, i mean with free transfer and the same fare system?

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
korea, metro, seoul, subway, transport