daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 8th, 2013, 06:20 AM   #681
lkstrknb
Chicago Luke

Likes (Received): 804

I am thrilled to see the urban maglev at the airport in test runs! This is the second slow/medium speed maglev in the world, the first being in Nagoya Japan. I hope it proves successful and they can bring the initial construction and installation costs down.

Luke
lkstrknb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2013, 07:21 AM   #682
ssiguy2

Likes (Received): 860

Thanks for the info but how large are the Daegu Monorail stations going to be?
ssiguy2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #683
ruready1000

Likes (Received): 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy2 View Post
I'm quite curious about Daegu monorail system. I think monorails really are the future of transportation and with hige projects underway all over the planet it looks like Monorails are finally getting the respect they deserve as affordable mass/rapid transit.

I am surprised thou at the relatively low capacity of the Daegu system. Like all transit systems it's not the current train lengths but rather their potential. In Vancouver new SkyTrain stations are built at 70 meters and only run 36 meter trains {although frequency is up to every 90 seconds each way} but they number of trains can be doubled to use the current station length and all are built to be able to be easily expanded to 100 meters to accomodate 3 36 meter trains if ever needed in the future.

How large are the current trains they will run and most importantly how large are the stations........the potential pphpd capacity of the system?

Thanks.
The length of Daegu monotrail train is about 46m and the length of station platform is about 45~48m, so practically there's no room to extend. I think the current capacity is enough and rather Daegu local government would worry that the monorail would fill it up with passengers.
ruready1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #684
DaeguDuke
Meat popsicle

Likes (Received): 1889

Tbh the subway only carries about a third of it's projected passengers a day. I almost always have a seat when I ride it (and theres room to increase the car length and frequency). The preview videos I've seen show 3car trains (I'll look up the link for you)
DaeguDuke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #685
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

For those interested in the loading capacity of a monorail system, this may give you an idea. I suppose the Daegu Line 3 can be classified as "medium" (?):

http://www.hitachi-rail.com/products...ing/index.html

Here are some pics of the trainsets (indeed 3 car), apologies if they have been posted previous:
http://www.kjclub.com/jp/exchange/ph...=1&number=3043

Except for the first trainset, which will be assembled by Hitachi, the remaining 27 will be produced by Woojin Industrial Systems.
http://www.wjis.co.kr/eng/index.html

Last edited by k.k.jetcar; February 10th, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #686
ssiguy2

Likes (Received): 860

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

This line seems like it will be exactly the same capacity as Vancouver's new Canada Line which opened in 2009. The stations are 50 meters and use, unlike the other 2 SkyTrain Lines, standard Metro rail cars. The general guidelines is if a subway car is running each way every 2 minutes it has capacity of about 5,000 pphpd.

Vancouver's Canada Line and your new monorail will have cpacity of 12,500 pphpd.......a medium capacity system.
ssiguy2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:43 PM   #687
brick84

Beautiful Pangyo station in Seoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by brick84 View Post

"Quello che facciamo per noi stessi,muore con noi quello che facciamo per gli altri e per il mondo rimane, ed e’ immortale" - Albert Pine.

Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Prima parte
Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Seconda parte

n20, John-DR, Highcliff liked this post
brick84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2013, 05:53 AM   #688
Alphamayo

Likes (Received): 330

I wish I can visit the station
Alphamayo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 01:15 AM   #689
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5787

Everline in Yongin, South Korea opened on 26 April:

http://kojects.com/2013/04/23/yongin...eal-this-time/

nimedi liked this post
Woonsocket54 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:50 PM   #690
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Very short cab ride on the Gyeongui Line:

kyah117 liked this post
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 05:43 PM   #691
saiho

Likes (Received): 1303

Anyone have information on Incheon Metro Line 3?

Last edited by saiho; June 22nd, 2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: wrong place
saiho está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #692
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1040

Seoul metro to get 9 new lines

The Seoul Metropolitan Government announced yesterday that it will invest 8.5 trillion won ($7.58 billion) on nine new light rail and subway lines by 2025.

The new tracks, which will total 85.4 kilometers (53.1 miles), are to serve areas that are currently difficult to access by public transit.

An initiative to build seven new light rail lines was initiated in 2007. It was delayed for years for political and financial reasons, but now has been reborn as a nine-track plan. Two additional lines were added for Wirye New Town in Songpa District, southern Seoul.

Line No. 9 will be expanded, with a 3.8 kilometer section added between VHS Hospital and Godeok District.

Of the projected 8.5 trillion won required, the central government will kick in 1.1 trillion won and the city government will invest 3.5 trillion won. The remainder will come from the private sector. The city government has set the basic fare at 1,050 won, the same as it is for other lines.

When the initial plan was announced in 2007 by former Mayor Oh Se-hoon, he said that different fares would apply, but current Mayor Park Won-soon said yesterday that that would only benefit private investors.

“We can’t put too much of a burden on the citizens because these lines are part of the city government’s welfare programs,” Mayor Park said in a press briefing at City Hall.

Private investors are saying that the city should cover the deficit that could stem from the low fares. “We forecast that we’ll need to provide about 3.5 to 4.5 billion won in support to private investors per year,” said Yoon Jun-byeong, director of the city government’s Urban Transportation Department. “Because these lines will be completed at different times, the city government won’t have any trouble supporting the investors.”

As of this month, only the Myeonmok and Seobu lines have attracted private investors. The city government will submit the plan to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport by the end of September. It said the ministry will likely approve the plan next year.

Highcliff liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #693
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

Nice. Here I draw a map with point to point lines.

aquaticko, Highcliff liked this post
Sr.Horn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2013, 01:03 AM   #694
aquaticko

It's kind of strange; I know that's only a point to point drawing, but unless the new lines are going to be weirdly unintuitively routed, it seems like most of what will be constructed isn't "new lines', but extensions and short tunnels between existing stations. Most of them clearly need to be done (especially the lines through Gangnam and Jamsil, and Yeongdeungpo and Gwanak), but I don't know if they count as new lines.
Old July 26th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #695
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

Searching in korean I found some maps with the new lines route.

Here http://cafe366.daum.net/_c21_/bbs_se...20110826192155 you can see at first the Myeonmok Line, next a combination of Myeonmok line, Dongbuk line and non proposed (?) Ui line from Sinseol-dong to Ui. And the Sillim line.

Here http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?b...o=120121552360 you can see more images about the Dongbuk Line project, similar to Line 4 of Busan Subway.

But this information is a bit old. Here a maps from 7/2013 with (I suppose) the correct plan:

http://inews.seoul.go.kr/hsn/program...boardID=182424
Old July 26th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #696
aquaticko

Thanks for that, Sr Horn. It looks as though they discuss either commuter lines or the GTX project further down in the article. It'd be good to see something happening with that.
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:35 AM   #697
ruready1000

Likes (Received): 107

Suncheon PRT Started Trial Test for Public

Suncheon PRT(Personal Rapid Transit)
- Length : 4.64 km
- Speed(max) : 60 km/h
- Train : 3.6m x 2.5m x 2.1m
- Capacity : 6~9 persons
- Unmanned
- Commercial operation scheduled to start in October

kyah117 liked this post
ruready1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #698
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

Hi!

I want a good website with all timetables from Korail Network. For example, there's no result if I search for DMC to Munsan train services in Gyeongui line

Something like Hyperdia in Japan?

Thanks!

Last edited by Sr.Horn; August 20th, 2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old September 15th, 2013, 06:47 AM   #699
trainrover
:-x

Likes (Received): 738

I suppose her drink must be spiked:

Last edited by trainrover; September 15th, 2013 at 12:36 PM.
trainrover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #700
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr.Horn View Post
Hi!

I want a good website with all timetables from Korail Network. For example, there's no result if I search for DMC to Munsan train services in Gyeongui line

Something like Hyperdia in Japan?

Thanks!
Here:

http://www.smrt.co.kr/program/cyberS...in2.jsp?lang=e

It's not ideal, but it gives you a timetable for all stations you click on in the Seoul area.
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
korea, metro, seoul, subway, transport