daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 19th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #321
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

E-numbering is a system of the United Nations, not the European Union. As E-numbers tend to follow major routes, it is logical they are also TEN-T routes of the EU, hence the amount of funding. Although it appears nearly all non-local projects are funded for 85% by the European Union, regardless if they are an important route or not. Maybe for "rural development" reasons.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:41 PM   #322
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

If E number follows some route now, it doesnt mean that it has to follow it tomorrow as well. There might be a better routes available tomorrow. The TEN-T planning should follow the same logic. I tried to point out, that when you want to have a concept, that concept should be working also in details. One of the details that doesnt work for either TEN-T or E numbers is construction of new routes in places where older but less sufficient routes are already existing. This only follows from the point that E-numbering system cannot really be compared to the Interstates system, because it is not either planned, constructed or upgraded on the same level of reasoning.

BTW I would like to see that statistic on EU funding of motorway projects in EU... this 85 % could imply only two things as most of the missing parts of Czech motorway network are projects of non-local importance and crossing or reaching the borders.
- Either the Czech officials are completaly incompetent in getting the funds.
- These projects are not considered to be funded.

BTW, in this case, the TEN-T route follows different track, and that is the old E 75 route and R48 on the Czech side as E 462, funny enough that that R48 is marked on that TEN-T flyer as finished, when in reality there are works ongoing and will be ongoing (two lanes on a part, middle crash barriers and enlarging on a major part).

Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #323
ChrisZwolle
Road user

85% is frequently quoted by GDDKiA for new road projects. It also depends on the GDP of a country, the Czech Republic has a higher GDP per capita than Poland, so they will likely receive less EU-funding than Poland.
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #324
Surel

Oh, ok, I did not notice you talk only about Poland. I did not mean it as some attack on Poland. I just thought it could be in general handy policy first to make impression that certain route is key important, after its finishing make another project and make it appear the same important. I see really as more determinant the incompetency of czech officials then the GDP, certainly in the past projects.
Old September 21st, 2011, 07:34 AM   #325
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17431

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
I bumped into interesting thing on polish forum. What will be the route of the future E75 on Czech Polish Slovak borders? Of will the E75 take the A4 route? and then go back to S1? This sign from A1 Świerklany - Gorzyczki makes me wonder.

I think that the E75 will lead from A1 Gliwice-Gorzyczki through D1 Ostrava-Brno- D2 Bratislava. On the signs beetween D1 Brno-Ostrava, there are extra place for E-road stick.

Photo from: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=983
Luki_SL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 10:17 AM   #326
Surel

The E75 was planned to go only through Poland and Slovakia, which is also shorter by some 50 km, but there are missing motorway parts between Katowice and Žilina. The space on the D1 board could be also reserved for 462. I have really no idea how are these things planned. One would expect they are, but perhaps the countries just dont discuss this...
Old September 21st, 2011, 10:30 AM   #327
Luki_SL

Polish GDDKiA and Road and Motorway Directorate of the Czech Republic disscused about future of E75 road. I don`t know if there was any conclusions after this meeting.
Old September 21st, 2011, 06:08 PM   #328
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

The place on the sign is for E462 and definitely not for E75, CZ is constantly against this routing of E75. Czech proposal is to route E75 via S1 and S69 to Slovak D3.
Old September 21st, 2011, 09:13 PM   #329
Luki_SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
Czech proposal is to route E75 via S1 and S69 to Slovak D3.
It seems, that Polish Goverment have another idea of routing E75 Is it possible to route E75 in Czech Republic for example in that way:
D1 Ostrava - R56 Frydek-Mistek - R48 Cesky Tesin??
On the ather side it wouldn`t be stupid to route E462 from Olomouc to Kraków (through D1/A1 Gliwice>A4 Krakow).
Old September 22nd, 2011, 10:03 AM   #330
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luki_SL View Post
It seems, that Polish Goverment have another idea of routing E75 Is it possible to route E75 in Czech Republic for example in that way:
On the ather side it wouldn`t be stupid to route E462 from Olomouc to Kraków (through D1/A1 Gliwice>A4 Krakow).
It certainly is possible, but I guess no truck would take this route due to longer and tolled road when going to Bratislava. I understand that polish S1, S69 and mainly Slovakian D3 will take perhaps a decade to build, thus temporally the transit to the South East (Hungary, etc) might prefer czech polish A1/D1.

It will be interesting to watch what will the completition of A1 change on borders in Bohumín (A1/D1) and in Český Těšín (S1/R48).
Old September 22nd, 2011, 10:11 AM   #331
Luki_SL

I think decade (min 6-8yrs) is the most possible time when S1/S69 will be completed.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 10:58 AM   #332
Ministerský rada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luki_SL View Post
Until the S69/D3 corridor is completed, the E75 route shall remain on Cieszyn/Český Těšín crossing. The route through R56 is pretty much a detour and is not sutiable for trucks, because I/56 in Ostrava goes right along the city centre and there are quite some environmental issues in Ostrava as well as in Frýdek Místek.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 11:01 AM   #333
Ministerský rada

As for me, I'd prefer E75 on the S1/S69/D3 corridor and E462 all the way from Gorzyczki to Pyrzowice (A1×S1). You may take the E40 from Gliwice-Sosnica when travelling to Krakow

EDIT: There is also a proposal to reroute E442 from the current rout through ValMez and Rožnov to R48 and new I/11 along Třinec and Jablunkov.

Last edited by mapman:cz; September 22nd, 2011 at 11:58 PM.
mapman:cz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 01:37 PM   #334
Luki_SL

Is this proposal will consider by the UNECE organization in next meeteng concerning AGR?? (E-number roads). The meetings are every 5 years I think ?
Old October 18th, 2011, 11:45 AM   #335
Luki_SL

I found interesting thing : Italian A15 should be numbered E33, but on the signs, there are E31... Correctly this E-road exists between Rotterdam - Ludwigshafen

Old October 18th, 2011, 05:37 PM   #336
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

Yep. They signed it as E31 as originally appeared on the new system, but later UNECE changed it to E33. But Italy never changed the number.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #337
Luki_SL

Thanks for answer Italy haven`t signed for example E821 San Cesareo(A1 E45) - G.R.A (E80). I suppose there is more E-roads which aren`t signed in Italy
Old October 18th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #338
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

OTOH, there's E751 signed in Italy, although it doesn't even run through it. It runs from Rijeka via Pula to Koper, not to Trieste. It's signed as E751 even in Slovenia all the way to the Italian border.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #339
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 779

Another example of E-numbering weirdness (and specifically yet another example of French signage for E-routes not agreeing with road maps):

From Chris' Flickr photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chriszw...7612833173468/

As far as I can tell from any map, the E9 begins where the A71 branches off the A10. On this photo, they're directing E9 traffic off the A10 (and onto city streets) a few kilometers before that (specifically, here http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll...m&z=14&vpsrc=6 ). Which is a routing that doesn't make sense to me, whether the maps are wrong or not.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2011, 10:12 AM   #340
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Maybe it's a pre-1986 sign. (A71 was completed between Orléans and Vierzon on October 24th, 1986, which is - by the way - today exactly 25 years ago).