daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Skyscrapers & Buildings

Skyscrapers & Buildings refurbishments and completed skyscrapers and high-rise buildings

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 22nd, 2004, 09:33 AM   #1
Greg

Likes (Received): 33

MENARA COMMERCE | Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Raja Laut) | 42 fl | Completed

From todays Star online edition. Hopefully another highrise!!!

CAHB to pay RM375mil for new HQ land

By SIDEK KAMISO
COMMERCE Asset-Holding Bhd (CAHB) has proposed to buy a piece of land in the centre of Kuala Lumpur for RM375mil to build its new corporate headquarters, which will replace its current building along Jalan Tun Perak.

In a statement to the (Malaysian Stock Exchange Bhd( MSEB) yesterday, CAHB said it had entered into a sale and purchase agreement with IJM Properties Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of IJM Corp Bhd, on Jan 20 for the purpose of acquiring the land.

The site on which CAHB's new corporate headquarters would be sited comprises four parcels of vacant land with a total of 10,149 sq m.

''The planned iconic and prestigious building, once completed, will fit in well with the corporate image of the CAHB group as one of the leading financial groups in Malaysia,'' the statement said.

The building would have a total built-up area of 114,744 sq m and an approximate area to let of 58,528 sq m together with 1,120 parking lots.

The development land is located along Jalan Raja Laut, Jalan Esfahan and Lorong Gombak and is in the vicinity of Sogo shopping centre, Bangunan UOB and Bandaraya LRT Station.

The statement said CAHB would pay cash for the proposed purchase, with the funds to be generated internally and/or borrowings.

Greg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 22nd, 2004, 10:14 AM   #2
ZaHiRnYa???
you are you and i am me..

Likes (Received): 46

Re: New Headquarters for CAHB

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg

The development land is located along Jalan Raja Laut, Jalan Esfahan and Lorong Gombak and is in the vicinity of Sogo shopping centre, Bangunan UOB and Bandaraya LRT Station.
Hmm...is there still a vacant land around that area? . Jalan Raja Laut, Jalan Esfahan and Lorong Gombak. Are they referring to the parking lot behind Bangunan KWSP then ?
Old January 22nd, 2004, 03:37 PM   #3
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 8

Re: Re: New Headquarters for CAHB

Quote:
Originally posted by ZaHiRnYa???

Hmm...is there still a vacant land around that area? . Jalan Raja Laut, Jalan Esfahan and Lorong Gombak. Are they referring to the parking lot behind Bangunan KWSP then ?
I believe so too! Great news for KL! BTW, is CAHB Syed Mokhtar's?
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2004, 03:25 AM   #4
ZaHiRnYa???

Well, I personally don't think that the site is the best site for CAHB to build its new headquarters.
Old January 23rd, 2004, 03:35 AM   #5
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Well that site was suppose to house Pernas Tower 70+ storeys
Old January 23rd, 2004, 03:48 AM   #6
ZaHiRnYa???

Quote:
Originally posted by baqthier

Well that site was suppose to house Pernas Tower 70+ storeys
Precisely

So. if CAHB bought over that land, means there will be no Pernas Tower anymore mah
Old January 23rd, 2004, 04:01 AM   #7
D_Y2k.2^

Likes (Received): 99

Walau!cannot la!My Pernas!!!!!!!
With that amount of $$$I think its gonna be a tower around floors or maybe more.What do you guys think?
D_Y2k.2^ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2004, 08:34 AM   #8
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Quote:
Originally posted by ZaHiRnYa???

Precisely

So. if CAHB bought over that land, means there will be no Pernas Tower anymore mah
Isn't CAHB under Pernas? Not sure that much..educate me
Old January 23rd, 2004, 08:43 AM   #9
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

http://business-times.asia1.com.sg/s...106008,00.html

KUALA LUMPUR

Published January 22, 2004
Commerce to pay RM375m for HQ building

COMMERCE Asset-Holding Bhd, Malaysia's second largest lender by assets, said it agreed to pay RM375 million (S$168.2 million) for land and a 39-storey building development that will be its new corporate headquarters.

The acquisition will allow Commerce to 'house its operations in a strategic location' in Kuala Lumpur, it said in a statement on Tuesday.

Commerce is buying the development from IJM Corp as part of an agreement that will be completed within 52 months, it said. The building will have a built-up area of 114,744 square metres and a net lettable area of 58,528 square metres together with 1,120 car parking slots.

The bank is among lenders that are benefiting from an expanding economy that has helped bolster demand for new credit and reduced the risk of defaults.

In November, Commerce said fiscal third-quarter profit rose 9 per cent to RM154.3 million as it set aside less money for bad loans and lent more. - Bloomberg

Old January 23rd, 2004, 09:22 AM   #10
ZaHiRnYa???

Quote:
Originally posted by baqthier

COMMERCE Asset-Holding Bhd, Malaysia's second largest lender by assets, said it agreed to pay RM375 million (S$168.2 million) for land and a 39-storey building development that will be its new corporate headquarters.
Wah...thought that it will be another tall building. 39 storey only. Takpe lah camtu . Hope the design for the building will be somewhat different from what the area offers now.
Old January 23rd, 2004, 09:59 AM   #11
Greg

I'm sure there must be a rendering existing already.
After all they claim it will be exactly 39 floors.
Old January 23rd, 2004, 02:43 PM   #12
Nova Singapore

Likes (Received):

Well guys,

Let's look at the land parcels themselves - the subsidiary of Pernas/Tradewinds (where Syed Mokhtar is a major shareholder, and IJM is his preferred vehicle for property or construction stuff), Sovereign Place Sdn Bhd, holds four parcels of land next to Pernas Sogo:
Lot 1507 - 2,618 sq m - net book value RM 11.7 million
Lot 1508 - 2,107 sq m - net book value RM 9.4 million
Lot 1512 - 14,614 sq m - net bk value RM 65.1 million
P.T. 56 (road) - 1,354 sq m - net bk val RM 6.0 million
TOTAL is 20,693 sq m with net bk val of RM 92.2 million

At a plot ratio of 14, the whole thing can accomodate a building of 290,000 sq m or over 3.2 M sq ft size, excl. carparks! That is enough for twin slim 100-storey towers with a common retail podium, by the way...

Now, the CAHB site occupies only half of this site area, so I suspect that they either only bought half of the big Lot 1512, or maybe bought some other ?? lots to make up to the 10,000+ sq m site area.

Since the original site has more than enough space for two towers, shared podium and a carpark (look at the old Pernas Sogo model photos - there are three large buildings there: two towers and a carpark "box"), I suspect that there will be the second, taller and slimmer, tower, joining the CAHB on the other half of the site - of course, Menara IJM itself (Archilless, pls tell us if DBKL approved the 60+ storey version?).

Unless, of course, after the double-tracking cancellation, Syed decided to abandon their own tower - but I doubt that.

Also, the huge amount of money CAHB is paying must be including the construction cost of the tower, too? I guess IJM will be the Main Contractor haha ...

Old January 23rd, 2004, 03:06 PM   #13
Greg

Here the KLSE announcement. KLSE announcement
Old January 24th, 2004, 03:06 AM   #14
D_Y2k.2^

Likes (Received): 99

aia!I was gonna type:

With that amount of $$$ I think its gonna be a tower around 40 floors or maybe more.What do you guys think? Left 40 out.And Yes!IM almost right

39 floors is alrite liao la.Most probably it passes 150m!
D_Y2k.2^ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2004, 12:14 PM   #15
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Greg> Thanks for the document

Nova> Thanks for the info. I doubt Pernas tower will be built soon. Plaza Rakyat probably even won't get it's office tower since recent news only mention hotels and podium plus in the new rendering the ball won't be there!
Old January 25th, 2004, 06:32 PM   #16
archilless

Likes (Received):

sorry Nova.. the department that deal with development approval is located in another building la.. (DBKL HQ @ Jln Raja Laut).. my office is at Vision City.. very far.. i cannot give u guys any informantion about this..

i think this is Menara IJM.. Menara IJM is still in design stage.. no submission ever made to DBKL yet. I saw few design actually (at my friend's office).. and their nos of floors are varies..

according to my friend, it's more than 39-storey actually.. but all floors with no '4' are not counted.. something to do with Chinese belief..
Old February 1st, 2004, 05:47 PM   #17
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1134

Quote:
Originally posted by Nova Singapore

Well guys,

Let's look at the land parcels themselves - the subsidiary of Pernas/Tradewinds (where Syed Mokhtar is a major shareholder, and IJM is his preferred vehicle for property or construction stuff), Sovereign Place Sdn Bhd, holds four parcels of land next to Pernas Sogo:
Lot 1507 - 2,618 sq m - net book value RM 11.7 million
Lot 1508 - 2,107 sq m - net book value RM 9.4 million
Lot 1512 - 14,614 sq m - net bk value RM 65.1 million
P.T. 56 (road) - 1,354 sq m - net bk val RM 6.0 million
TOTAL is 20,693 sq m with net bk val of RM 92.2 million

At a plot ratio of 14, the whole thing can accomodate a building of 290,000 sq m or over 3.2 M sq ft size, excl. carparks! That is enough for twin slim 100-storey towers with a common retail podium, by the way...

Now, the CAHB site occupies only half of this site area, so I suspect that they either only bought half of the big Lot 1512, or maybe bought some other ?? lots to make up to the 10,000+ sq m site area.

Since the original site has more than enough space for two towers, shared podium and a carpark (look at the old Pernas Sogo model photos - there are three large buildings there: two towers and a carpark "box"), I suspect that there will be the second, taller and slimmer, tower, joining the CAHB on the other half of the site - of course, Menara IJM itself (Archilless, pls tell us if DBKL approved the 60+ storey version?).

Unless, of course, after the double-tracking cancellation, Syed decided to abandon their own tower - but I doubt that.

Also, the huge amount of money CAHB is paying must be including the construction cost of the tower, too? I guess IJM will be the Main Contractor haha ...

yea....complicated stuffs they had there.......with all the land purchases and exchanges.......and to top it all......its amongst all of Syed Mokhtar's companies!

Anyway I am still hoping that they would revive the Pernas Tower envisioned earlier!
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2004, 07:37 PM   #18
edupet
-

Likes (Received): 0

Code:
this is the latest images of the CAHB Tower

View from Jalan Raja Laut

rear elev

Last edited by edupet; March 26th, 2004 at 08:07 PM.
edupet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2004, 09:14 PM   #19
Nova Singapore

Likes (Received):

My guess on the height, if the rendering is correct to scale, is 202 metres, just below Times Square - too bad Pernas is gone from its original location.
Old March 27th, 2004, 09:35 AM   #20
Greg

Thanks for these pics Edupet and welcome to the forum