daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Urban Planning

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 28th, 2004, 05:46 AM   #1
ryanr
Registered non-User

Likes (Received): 12

HOPE...LOVE....Nation Re-building...THE GAWAD KALINGA 777

The Gawad Kalinga 777 project
Building 700,000 homes in 7000 communities in 7 years.

From shanties to colorful homes.
From sickness and malnutrition to health.
From streets to caring schoolrooms.
From slums to peaceful communities.
From poverty to self-reliance.
From a people in despair to a people with hope

Hope is still there for the Philippines. With backing from all over the Philippines, Filipinos all over the world, The Philippine government, Multi-national Companies and the International Community we can make the Philippine rise to become a first world nation. NO MORE SLUMS...NO MORE POVERTY...NO MORE VIOLENCE...BRINGING TOGETHER RICH AND POOR....CHRISTAINS AND MUSLIMS.

People, rich and poor have been building communities for the poor not only to provide shelter but also education, livelihood, health and community empowerment. Criminals such as drug dealers, gang members, theives, etc have become peaceful and have started to rebuild their once run-down community because the people of GK777 have trusted them and believed in them. From Payatas to Maguindanao...new communities have found happiness, love and hope.

Everyone in the world has now been involved. There are Canadian Villages, American Villages (by states such as Texas Village, California Village), Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australian Villages, etc in the Philippines named afrter the people and countries that have helped BUILD and FINANCE their new lives. Even TNCs are involved, SMART Village, Procter & Gamble Village, McDonalds and even Ateneo de Manila village.

It only takes 50,000 pesos or 1,000 USD to build one home. 5,000 USD to build a school in a GK community. You dont even need to spend that much, just come and help to build homes for the poor.

Even England's 9th richest man under 30 has commited himself fulltime to this project. He sold is BMW M3 in England and built a Village which he now calls the BMW M3 Village. And using his Computer Gaming Company (England's Largest) he contributes to build even more communties. He now resides in the Philippines working for GK.

The Government is also fully commited to this project. GMA has now tie-in several government projects with GK777. Various departments, senators, congressmen, mayors, etc have been working with GK. Some even using the money they took through corruption to help support GK! Thats crazy. Former Presidents Aquino and Ramos are fully commited to GK.

For more pics and information visit: http://www.gawadkalinga.org/

Last edited by ryanr; August 28th, 2004 at 05:54 AM.
ryanr no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 28th, 2004, 05:55 AM   #2
ryanr
Registered non-User

btw, the pics i posted are not the best. I've seen so much more impressive ones. I can't find them in the internet though.
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:02 AM   #3
Kiel
黄孟義

Likes (Received): 0

That's a pretty good organization: SALUDO AKO!

Asia's World City - 香 港 Hong Kong!
Let's PUSHITFORWARD
Kiel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:06 AM   #4
ryanr
Registered non-User

YUP...i fully support it. Thats why i am now saving about 10% of my monthly allowance to GK. And on this December, I will go home to the Philippines and build homes for the poor.

I forgot to say that GK777 was started by CFC (Couples of Christ) but you do not need to be member of CFC to be involved. In fact, most people in GK are not members of CFC.

Kiel...why dont you go and help build some homes??
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:13 AM   #5
lumpia
| sariwa |

Likes (Received): 2

nice: but the houses are built are.. well.. ermm:

oooh traditional housing doesnt mean "poverty" most times if one goes to Japan, u'll see many of the houses are made of wood in the older "pre-westernisation" way, and that can mean they may look abit grubby erc: but Japan is one of the richest countries on Earth. Also, at Kampong Ayer in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei at first glance, ppl think the community is one of slums, but THESE are the homes of some of the on average richest people in SE Asia.

actually i dont mind those houses.. "lets make our country look good..."...

Its really good that they're showin that they helping to make things look nice and do things charities should do like give the people books and education and train them: but does this REALLY eliminate poverty i wonder... i read about the Community Empowerment aims of the association, and its so nice to read and to hope, but the real test comes 50/60 yrs later, when one can return to these "barangays of hope" and see how the people of those barangays THEMSELVES have treated it and the opportunities that had been given to them by the charity-givers and organsations like Gawad Kalinga. We know that the Philippines and the Pilipino has a trend of setting up visually appealing sights, homes, developments with the promise that because such a thing is pleasing to the eye, it will spur our economic development blabla; and yrs later WE, the next generation, watch it deteriorate because of the general social lax rampant in our country... the answer doesnt lie in charity alone, but how the people in those barangays are going to utilise and REALISE the real changes that can occur if they STUCK at it to actually make us the chartiy-giver some sense of relief that OUR investments havnt been wasted over Mahjong and Sabong ...

is there a way to get the people of these GK communities to actually STICK at rebuilding their communities? electric shock treatment perhaps?

Last edited by lumpia; August 28th, 2004 at 06:19 AM.
lumpia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:14 AM   #6
Kiel
黄孟義

I'd fully support it and go help build houses if I have the time. If I was just older and had the money I'll donate 10% of my income to this organization. I'll tell my parents about it.

Let's PUSHITFORWARD
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:18 AM   #7
ryanr
Registered non-User

but Gawad Kalinga is not Charity. It is nation rebuilding. They just dont build homes and then leave. They stay with the communities they built for how ever long it takes. They make sure that there are jobs, education, healthcare, etc. Even if it means staying with the communities they built forever. Once again, GK is NOT just a Charity.
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:20 AM   #8
ryanr
Registered non-User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiel
I'd fully support it and go help build houses if I have the time. If I was just older and had the money I'll donate 10% of my income to this organization. I'll tell my parents about it.
You dont need to be an adult to help. I'm only 17 and i will help. There are kids in the USA that are only 8 or 9, etc that are helping. One kid from Texas even made drawings and sold it to his neighbors to earning enough money to build 10 homes!!!
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:20 AM   #9
lumpia
| sariwa |

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyX
but Gawad Kalinga is not Charity. It is nation rebuilding. They just dont build homes and then leave. They stay with the communities they built for how ever long it takes. They make sure that there are jobs, education, healthcare, etc. Even if it means staying with the communities they built forever. Once again, GK is NOT just a Charity.
woah! thats cool!! .. i take back everythin i accused Gawad Kalinga of doing, i'm all for it now! Go go GK!
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:23 AM   #10
ryanr
Registered non-User

Many of the people that used to gamble (mahjong, etc), sell drugs no longer do that because of GK, Lumpia. Many people have said this is the only thing that is actually working to help the poor in the whole world. The International community that know about GK have even recognized the Pinoy as the most "beautiful people" for their dedication, hope and love. Even the UN praises GK777.
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:25 AM   #11
ryanr
Registered non-User

and btw, the houses of GK that we both posted are not the best. I cant find pictures of the really good communities on the internet!! AHHH!
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:25 AM   #12
lumpia
| sariwa |

GK DONT have office branches in London (despite hain them in switzerland? there are WAY more pinoys workin here in the UK, and i'm sure they'd definately wanna help too.. ) so HOW on earth can i help now??
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:27 AM   #13
ryanr
Registered non-User

Just go to their website... www.gawadkalinga.org and click "I want to help"

Believe it or not, even MILF has now gotten into the GK777 project. GK volunteers and MILF members have built homes in Mindanao for poor muslims.
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:28 AM   #14
lumpia
| sariwa |

Quote:
and btw, the houses of GK that we both posted are not the best. I cant find pictures of the really good communities on the internet!! AHHH!
cool! no worries, i dont really mind how the houses are now: its the community and the communities economy and chances of future development that counts..
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:30 AM   #15
ryanr
Registered non-User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpia
cool! no worries, i dont really mind how the houses are now: its the community and the communities economy and chances of future development that counts
exactly...that is what counts. Also peace for the Philippines.
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:31 AM   #16
Kiel
黄孟義

Quote:
You dont need to be an adult to help. I'm only 17 and i will help. There are kids in the USA that are only 8 or 9, etc that are helping. One kid from Texas even made drawings and sold it to his neighbors to earning enough money to build 10 homes!!!
ooh, wow i'll definitely go and help then.

Let's PUSHITFORWARD
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:33 AM   #17
lumpia
| sariwa |

oops, me sound like a Malaysian business tycoon..

realistically: in the end its the PEOPLE themselves that count.. i would love to witness the day when the Philippines has no more poverty! no more street kids (that sinks my heart) and no more depressed families believing theres no hope to their situation..
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:52 AM   #18
renell
Here Since 2002

Likes (Received): 5

they build not just houses right? it's a community with the necessities of life?

interesting stuff ryan. i'll have a look at it.
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:59 AM   #19
ryanr
Registered non-User

yup...but most volunteers stick to building houses or financing them. Full time workers deal with the community stuff that takes how ever long necessary.
Old August 28th, 2004, 07:34 AM   #20
ronnaveth

Likes (Received):

i fully support this organization.....it's absolutely, without question, the best way where philanthropist can donate their money.....i mean, instead of giving donations to worthless basketball games or art galleries....all rich people should just donate to GK.

PS: i was really pissed off last election. GMA tried to use GK as a front in her campaign...oh well, i guess it helped her win against the mindless actor. i guess everything happens for a reason

Tags
philippines, slums