daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 10th, 2011, 08:19 PM   #261
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16174

Quote:
Great photo!

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2011, 09:17 PM   #262
Aleksandar_M

Likes (Received): 66

Source: http://www.tanjug.rs/
Aleksandar_M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2011, 05:40 PM   #263
intelligentBG

Likes (Received): 83

Congratulations for your new trams!!! They really give a new image of Belgrade.
intelligentBG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 05:43 AM   #264
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7678

Second tram just arrived from Spain while another one is expected in about two weeks...

[IMG]http://i52.************/2m5bcxc.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.************/290u4nt.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i53.************/e9ui45.jpg[/IMG]
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 05:48 AM   #265
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7678

The Force has no sway over Belgrade's public transit

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 07:51 AM   #266
takini

Likes (Received): 89

Ride on the tram number 3, that runs through the picturesque Topcider valley:

The new tram on the test ride:

takini no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 10:09 AM   #267
dexmex
BANNED

Likes (Received): 10

Another great news! Alstom is a main partner for the first Metro line in the city of Belgrade.

Francuski "Alstom" gradi metro u Beogradu Lana Gedošević | 10. 08. 2011. - 02:02h | Foto: G. Srdanov | Komentara: 0

Predstavnici grada Beograda i francuske kompanije “Alstom” juče su načelno postigli dogovor o gradnji prve linije beogradskog metroa, od Ustaničke do Tvorničke ulice u Zemunu, saznaje “Blic”. Dogovoreno je da bi studija trebalo da bude završena do septembra 2012. godine, kao i da bi već sredinom 2013. radovi mogli da počnu.
http://www.blic.rs/data/images/2011-...ver=1312924838

Za završetak prve linije metroa potrebno do tri i po godine, pokazale proceneNa sastanku se pričalo o tome da bi sledeći korak posle studije bio obezbeđivanje novca i izbor izvođača radova. Francuska će sa donacijom od tri miliona evra finansirati izradu studije. Procena je da bi za izgradnju te linije bilo potrebno 3-3,5 godina, pa bi ona, praktično, mogla da počne da se koristi krajem 2016. ili u prvoj polovini 2017.

Sa pravne strane, svemu tome prethodi ratifikacija međudržavnog sporazuma između Francuske i Srbije, što bi trebalo da se dogodi u septembru, potpisivanje memoranduma o razumevanju između grada i “Alstoma” i deklaracije o namerama između grada, Republike Srbije i Francuske, kaže za “Blic” dobro upućeni izvor.www.blic.rs

Last edited by dexmex; August 10th, 2011 at 02:45 PM.
dexmex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 06:45 AM   #268
aleksandar_s
ETOPS-9000 certified

Likes (Received): 528

Very nice videos, Takini.

I hope construction of a metro can start soon.
aleksandar_s no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 07:23 AM   #269
Puss in Boots

Likes (Received): 543

As I can see, the tram line #3 is pretty much ok, the tracks are ok etc. How much of Belgrade's tram lines are rehabilitated? I visited Belgrade in 2009 and as I remember the tram tracks near the city center were not as good as I would wanted them to be. I must go back and visit Belgrade some more as in 2009 I hadn't got the time to do some tram travelling Best wishes from Romania
Puss in Boots está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 07:28 AM   #270
aleksandar_s
ETOPS-9000 certified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puss in Boots View Post
As I can see, the tram line #3 is pretty much ok, the tracks are ok etc. How much of Belgrade's tram lines are rehabilitated? I visited Belgrade in 2009 and as I remember the tram tracks near the city center were not as good as I would wanted them to be. I must go back and visit Belgrade some more as in 2009 I hadn't got the time to do some tram travelling Best wishes from Romania
A lot of work still has to be done. :P
Old August 11th, 2011, 07:57 AM   #271
Puss in Boots

Could you be more specific please? ) Can you estimate in % how much is still left? Besides, the new CAF trams will have 100% rehabilitated tracks to run? Hvala!

ps. Congrats for those trams, i've had one on my desktop as a wallpaper for 1 month now. Cool trams and very nice colours. Serbian ones, of course, but still...Even if you hadn't had them on your flag, they would have represented the perfect choice. And the Serbian emblem on front, very very nice. It's Belgrade's one, no?

Last edited by Puss in Boots; August 11th, 2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old August 11th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #272
takini

Check out the first two pages of this thread and you’ll see that plenty of old tracks are already renovated. The longest stretch that needs repair is in the south, where lines 9, 10 and 14 run. The tracks that the new tram will run on are not 100% new but they are in good shape.
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #273
Puss in Boots

Yes, you're right, tracks do seem ok and impressive work done in some areas. As I am not familiar with Belgrade (i only know the more pedestrian city center) could you please tell me those pictures on page 1, with the tracks going up on something like a hill and in curve, which line is that?
And moreover, why only 3-4 tram lines go into Novi Beograd and practicaly in the same direction? The map on page 1 hasn't changed much, right?
Old August 11th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #274
takini

- recently repaired
- in good condition
- in need of repair

corner at Gospodarska Mehana

Autokomanda and Nemanjina

Mostarska petlja and Sajam

Resavska

Blok 45

Pozeska
Old August 11th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #275
takini

As for Novi Beograd, it’s not the number of lines that count but the number of vehicles that run on a certain line. For instance lines number 7 and 9 have much more trams on it and run much more frequently than let’s say line number 3. Only southern part of N. Beograd has trams because the network never had a chance to fully develop itself.
After the WWII, the new authorities decided to develop trolleybus network instead of repairing the badly damaged tram tracks. But later on they also invested in tramways as well. Then they decided to abolish the trolleybuses and disconnected all but one of the lines. But then the oil crisis struck and yet again the authorities expanded the trolleybus network. Then they decided to build a subway and neglected the tramway system. But suddenly they abolished the subway plans and used the prepared money for it and invested it in trams. Both northern N. Beograd and Zemun had trams and trolleybuses but they’ve become the collateral damage of this schizophrenic development policy.
Because of this indecisiveness and general lack of care for public transport by the authorities, Belgrade has a rudimental PT system when compared with other cities of similar size in Europe.
Old August 12th, 2011, 06:44 AM   #276
Puss in Boots

Yes, you said it so well, seems that there never was a good and elaborate thinking regarding Belgrade's transport system. In Romania too we had and we still have samples of such thinking, several cities are dismantling their tram and trolley systems, when all of Europe is going back to electric transport. From your map, thanks for it!, I only have three more "small" questions:
- are these red portions to be modernized too? I mean, with proper projects and funding from different organisms.
- the tram network has any chance of being extended? I didn't fully understood if the Metro will begin being constructed in 2012 or not.
- I saw on this thread that 70% of GSP's lines are buses. Is it still true? If so, the 83-85 new AKSM trolleys account for how much of the city's vehicles? I've seen on the website that there are 7 trolley lines (dunno if 22n account as a dauly line) and that all but one have their end station in the city center and I think that i've seen it in Belgrade, a place where there were a lot of trolleys put alltogether. Nice view!
Thanks!
Old August 12th, 2011, 07:01 AM   #277
aleksandar_s
ETOPS-9000 certified

And I have a quick question too. What is the status of the new trams?
Old August 12th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #278
takini

I’m really sad to hear that trams and trolleys are being dismantled, that’s really shortsighted! There can’t be economical progress without proper infrastructure. The “red portions” will be modernized, the tracks are being replaced on the northern sections. The southern ones will have to wait for now. Replacing the tracks is relatively cheap but in some instances you also have to reconstruct the entire street. That includes replacing the water and sewage pipes, power cables, laying down new asphalt, new sidewalks and even planting new trees.

The new bridge built on the Ada Island will carry tram tracks and that’s the only extension planned for now. The bridge is designed to carry subway trains on it but we won’t see those running anytime soon. Sadly, most of the work on the subway was done in the 90-ies when the budget of entire Serbia was smaller than the budget of Belgrade today. A concrete shell for the subway station was made under the king Alexander Boulevard in the 1995. More of these shells could have been made relatively cheaply last year, when the Boulevard was reconstructed. Unfortunately the city authorities showed no interest for doing that. The politicians are showing interest for the subway only during the election campaigns.

The overwhelming majority of passengers are carried by buses. Running buses in Belgrade is a very lucrative business and they are not going to let a silly thing like a subway spoil that. Ever since the private companies were allowed to operate buses in the city there had been corruption scandals involving city officials handing out the licenses and the company owners who handed out bribes in order to acquire them. A lot of money is revolved in the bus business, money that would be lost if buses are to be replaced by the subway.

The new trolleybuses account for little less than 10 % of all vehicles operating in Belgrade. They run on all lines including the 22Л (22L, L for Local). 22Л serves to relieve other lines on this short but very busy section.

[IMG]http://i56.************/vfy3uv.jpg[/IMG]

The new trams are in a test phase right now. The city plans to introduce them to the regular service on September the first, when the schools start running and all the students start using trams regularly.
Old August 13th, 2011, 04:00 PM   #279
takini

It’s official, the new tram will enter regular service on August 28, a few days before the schools start working. The other two that arrived are still on testing and will enter service later in September, when fourth tram is expected to arrive.

http://www.novosti.rs/vesti/beograd....nskih-tramvaja

Old August 13th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #280
intelligentBG

Likes (Received): 83

Isn’t the tram too noisy, or it is just wrong impression from the video?
intelligentBG no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
caf