daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 22nd, 2009, 12:00 PM   #221
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Nice plans, but first we have to get out of this crisis. The number of people travelling over Schiphol airport is rapidly diminishing, because of our extra environmental tax (€45 for long flights, €11,25 for shorter flights)

Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2009, 12:11 PM   #222
hmueller2

Likes (Received): 177

Very Nice, i love this airport, but why does Schiphol need another runway?
I mean you have already 6
hmueller2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 03:00 PM   #223
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmueller2 View Post
Very Nice, i love this airport, but why does Schiphol need another runway?
I mean you have already 6
yes, but only 2 are parallel, which is a HUGE drawback on capacity
also, because of the settlements around it, some of them can only be used one way
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 04:03 PM   #224
hmueller2

Likes (Received): 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercy View Post
yes, but only 2 are parallel, which is a HUGE drawback on capacity
also, because of the settlements around it, some of them can only be used one way
ah ok
the red one is the new runways so then it's parallel to the left one.
whats about the distance from the new (red) rwy and the other parallel one?
is the distance enough to do parallel approaches?
i just know the situation in frankfurt, where 2 rwys are parallel, but the distance is to small to do parallel apps.
hmueller2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 09:17 PM   #225
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3441

Just saw in the news that the amount of passengers is reduced with 45% The most stupid thing is the 'vliegtax' translated: the flytax. Only The Netherlands has it. It makes tickets so expensive, that a lot of people don't go by plane anymore. Also companies from outside Holland don't want to fly to Holland anymore, which reduces the concurrention, so the prices are higher. And it also reduces the choice for the passengers.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 12:36 AM   #226
xlchris
Not much

Likes (Received): 202

^They're stopping it right? On april the 1st? Then there's no more environmental tax?
Old February 23rd, 2009, 12:38 AM   #227
Wuppeltje

Likes (Received): 966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
Just saw in the news that the amount of passengers is reduced with 45% The most stupid thing is the 'vliegtax' translated: the flytax. Only The Netherlands has it. It makes tickets so expensive, that a lot of people don't go by plane anymore. Also companies from outside Holland don't want to fly to Holland anymore, which reduces the concurrention, so the prices are higher. And it also reduces the choice for the passengers.
What a total nonsense number. If you do, come with a reliable source.

I think that you are confused with the total number of profit, which has dropped by 40,8%. Schiphol Group has made a profit of 'only' 187 milion euro. The number of passengers has dropped by -0,8% in 2008 in comparison with 2007. They expect a drop by 6-10% due to the credit crunch and the 'vliegtax' (more and more voices though the cancel this tax).

Source: Schiphol Group (19-02-2009)
Old February 23rd, 2009, 03:50 AM   #228
Shezan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 593

but...why they' re planning the 7th Runway?
Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 04:27 AM   #229
Wuppeltje

Heavy winds are a problem on Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. So that is why Schiphol has so many runways in different directions. To increase capacity during heavy winds they prefer to have a 2nd Kaagbaan (runway in the most common wind direction).
Old February 23rd, 2009, 11:35 AM   #230
xlchris
Not much

^Thanks for explaining

More pictures of Schiphol by me; (from 04|01|09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlchris View Post
Welcome to Schipol International Airport;
...[IMG]http://i42.************/260eh4l.jpg[/IMG]

Schiphol Plaza, where all the shops are;
...[IMG]http://i40.************/25ilogm.jpg[/IMG]

The big entrance building of Schiphol Plaza;
...[IMG]http://i44.************/25tevj9.jpg[/IMG]

Departures hall 3;
...[IMG]http://i41.************/2ngt0dk.jpg[/IMG]

Departures hall 2;
...[IMG]http://i42.************/96xoux.jpg[/IMG]

From the panorama area;
...[IMG]http://i40.************/2eb4lli.jpg[/IMG]

KLM, KLM, KLM and KLM;
...[IMG]http://i39.************/14wdp4i.jpg[/IMG]

Again Schiphol Plaza;
...[IMG]http://i40.************/k0islc.jpg[/IMG]

Outside Schiphol Plaza, with all the taxis and busses;
...[IMG]http://i42.************/2ius03a.jpg[/IMG]

Looking from inside the parking;
...[IMG]http://i39.************/141pevs.jpg[/IMG]

A lot of tv's and commercials;
...[IMG]http://i39.************/iz6q7a.jpg[/IMG]

Again the spot where the busses and taxis stand;
...[IMG]http://i43.************/2z8vlgn.jpg[/IMG]
Old February 23rd, 2009, 12:18 PM   #231
xlchris
Not much

- New aviobridges B pier
Quote:
Recently 2 of the in total 6 new aviobridges where placed at pier B.
A part of the KLM Cityhopper flights will be done a this pier, using the new aviobridges.
Passengers walk from the pier into the aviobridge towards the bus wich will bring
them to their plane. This way KLM wants to make the way to the plane more comfortable.
The new aviobridges are covered and have glass, so that the passengers have a nice view.
The new aviobridges where designed for the B pier. One aviobridge is for departures,
the other aviobridge is for arrivals. This will make it very fast to get on or off the plane.
Somewhere in may the new B pier will be taken in use with the new aviobridges.

Source: Wolkenridder Actueel
- Fanmade expansion

I found this expansion plan on Google. It was from the HHF (Dutch part SSC). It's actually a good way to expand the airport.
Quote:
- Gateway

In the picture below you see a proposed building, Gateway. This building should be built over the highway entrance.
And on the right side above you can see the location where the new piers A and A' must be built.
Quote:

- Shots from above
Quote:
Originally Posted by the runner View Post

- New Hilton hotel

A picture of the proposed new Hilton hotel at Schiphol airport.
Quote:

- Elzenhof

Another proposed complex for Schiphol. I think it's just a study but you never know.
Quote:
- People mover

Schiphol still wants to built a people mover. But since they have a one terminal concept and that the chance of building
a second terminal is very low it's unkown if the people mover will be built. I still hope they will built one.
Quote:
Hoofddorp (city under Schiphol) wants to have a people mover in a new mega park. This should run to Schiphol.

Last edited by xlchris; February 23rd, 2009 at 12:42 PM.
xlchris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 12:52 PM   #232
xlchris
Not much

- Inside & outside pictures
Quote:

Old February 23rd, 2009, 02:41 PM   #233
Ni3lS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuppeltje View Post
What a total nonsense number. If you do, come with a reliable source.

I think that you are confused with the total number of profit, which has dropped by 40,8%. Schiphol Group has made a profit of 'only' 187 milion euro. The number of passengers has dropped by -0,8% in 2008 in comparison with 2007. They expect a drop by 6-10% due to the credit crunch and the 'vliegtax' (more and more voices though the cancel this tax).

Source: Schiphol Group (19-02-2009)
Nah, watch the RTL 7 news on afternoons, and you will learn some more about this issue.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Old February 23rd, 2009, 02:46 PM   #234
Ni3lS

@xlchris: They are indeed thinking of stopping the tax. Volare Airlines, out of Italy, already stopped with flying to NL because of this insane tax.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 04:10 PM   #235
Wuppeltje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
Nah, watch the RTL 7 news on afternoons, and you will learn some more about this issue.
I watch a lot and I read a lot. That the number of passengers have been dropped by 45% at Schiphol Airport is nonsense. Certain markets have been hit hard, and we know for sure that the credit crunch and vliegtax are hurting the local economy. But tell people the truth based on reliable sources. RTL 7 is a reliable source, but where can I find the information you gave? Because clearly you made a mistake in your statement. Maybe they are talking about dutch passengers, maybe about a certain air company, the profit drop of Schiphol, or something else.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 09:20 PM   #236
Ni3lS

I checked it, Your partly right. The amount of passengers reduced with 45% if you look to december 2007 and december 2008. It's only about this month..
Old February 23rd, 2009, 10:20 PM   #237
Wuppeltje

Again, what kind of nonsense are you talking about, and where do you getting your numbers from?

According to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

3.363.721 - passengers december 2007
3.171.123 - passengers december 2008

This means a 5,7% drop in comparison with the previous year. More numbers can be found here.
Old February 24th, 2009, 05:59 PM   #238
Ni3lS

Netto resultaat 187 miljoen euro 316 miljoen euro
Netto omzet 1.154 miljoen euro 1.146 miljoen euro
EBITDA 466 miljoen euro 594 miljoen euro
Dividend uitkering 371 euro (per aandeel) 543 euro (per aandeel)

Ok, this is from the RTL7 page. I forgot it partly, because this news was from about 1,5 week ago.

I was ofcourse talking about the profit hehe. I'm sorry if I confused some people.
Here the small article in dutch. You can translate it with google translator:

Winst Schiphol maakt duikvlucht
De winst van luchthaven Schiphol is vorig jaar bijna gehalveerd ten opzichte van 2007.
Jaarcijfers Schiphol

Foto

De winst van luchthaven Schiphol is vorig jaar bijna gehalveerd ten opzichte van 2007.

They're talking about 40,8% I think. That's the part of the story what I do remember..

More:

Schiphol Group: Netto resultaat daalt met 40,8% naar EUR 187 miljoen
Verwachte sterke daling verkeer en vervoer en verslechterende
concurrentiepositie noodzaken tot aanscherping strategie in 2009
Persbericht
Schiphol, 19 februari 2009
· Netto resultaat toekomend aan aandeelhouders (inclusief waardeveranderingen vastgoed) daalt met
40,8% tot EUR 187 miljoen (2007: EUR 316 miljoen)
· Netto resultaat, exclusief waardeveranderingen vastgoed, daalt met 25,8% tot EUR 173 miljoen
(2007: EUR 233 miljoen)
· Netto-omzet stijgt met 0,7% tot EUR 1.154 miljoen (2007: EUR 1.146 miljoen)
· Exploitatieresultaat daalt met 29,9% tot EUR 294 miljoen (2007: EUR 420 miljoen)
· EBITDA daalt met 21,5% tot EUR 466 miljoen (2007: EUR 594 miljoen)
· Voorstel voor uitkering van EUR 371 dividend per aandeel (2007: EUR 543)
Samenvatting belangrijkste activiteiten:
· Investeringen in vaste activa nemen af tot EUR 350 miljoen (2007: EUR 375 miljoen)
· Akkoord over groei van Amsterdam Airport Schiphol tot 2020
· Samen met Aéroports de Paris belangrijke luchthavenalliantie gevormd
· Aantal passagiers op Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Rotterdam Airport en Eindhoven Airport neemt
met 0,7% af tot 50,1 miljoen, waarvan 47,4 miljoen (-0,8%) via Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
· Exploitatieresultaat Business Area Aviation 46,4% lager, vooral door gestegen kosten en verrekening
van havengelden over de boekjaren 2005 en 2006
· Exploitatieresultaat Business Area Consumers daalt met 4,0% door hogere kosten en minder
inkomsten uit winkelverkopen en concessies
· Exploitatieresultaat Business Area Real Estate neemt, ondanks hogere huuropbrengsten, met 45,8%
af door waardedaling van bestaande vastgoedportefeuille
Reactie president-directeur Jos Nijhuis:
“Wij zijn gematigd tevreden over de behaalde resultaten in 2008. Voor 2009 zijn wij somber gestemd.
Wij verwachten dat de aantallen passagiers en vliegtuigbewegingen met 6% tot 10% zullen dalen en het
vrachtvervoer met circa 15%. In combinatie met een aantal andere factoren, waaronder de
vliegbelasting, noodzaakt dit ons om onze strategie aan te scherpen om nog duidelijker invulling te
kunnen geven aan onze maatschappelijke functie: het managen, in stand houden en verder uitbouwen
van een unieke en cruciale infrastructuur. Een financieel gezonde en ondernemende bedrijfsvoering is
hiervoor de randvoorwaarde.”

I'm sorry for the inconvinience.
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:09 PM   #239
tonyboy

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlchris View Post
There are many plans to expand the biggest airport of the Netherlands and one of the biggest in Europe.
But it seems that there's finally a 'final' plan. By building 2 new piers, the flights can be increased from 430.000 to 510.000.
When 600.000 flights are needed the already excisting plans for a second terminal will be looked at.

- Pier A & A'

In the summer there will be a (hopefully) final decission about the following pier expansion (Pier A & A');

- 2nd Kaagbaan

The airport still wants to built a second Kaagbaan (Schiphols 7th runway), here are some pictures;

- Reducing flight sound

The following picture is from a final masterplan for reducing the amount of flight sound for the city Hoofddorp;

- Schiphol in the sea

Offcorse there are many people who want to have Schiphol built in the sea, because of the small size of the Netherlands;

- Schiphol today

Here are some pictures from Schiphol airport of how it looks today ;

[IMG]http://i40.************/25ilogm.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i44.************/25tevj9.jpg[/IMG]

- Facts

Some facts and interesting things to know about Schiphol;
very nice...thanks xlchris!
tonyboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:56 PM   #240
p5archit

Likes (Received): 1

By far one of the best airports in the world - for comfort, ease of travel, architecture, design, amenities (shops, services etc.), service - the list is quite long. Nonetheless, anything they can do to solidify their position as one of the top 3-4 airports in Europe will be good - I don't think there is another aiport out there, which can boast about space planning and land use as much as Schiphol.

With the type of planning they are doing now for the future, I would go as far as to say that in the next 10 years, Schiphol will take over the 3rd spot from Paris-CDG and possibly even make a move on attaining the 2 spot from Frankfurt. I realize that both of CDG and FRA are in the midst of massive expansion plans, but at some point, they just have to come to grips with superior Dutch planning methods. Furthermore, AMS has more runways to offer and will be able to capitalize on this fact once further capacity is attained.

Please keep posting images and renderings of any new information - thanks.

p5

Tags
amsterdam, european hub airport, schiphol