daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 29th, 2015, 07:53 PM   #861
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

Yeah, there was a lot of construction/renovation work taking place when I had a layover there as well a couple of months ago, which affected the number of seating areas, and made the layout sort of confusing.
diablo234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2015, 02:38 AM   #862
Nikkodemo
¡¡Pueblaball!!

Likes (Received): 87686

KLM Plane on the Roof
by youngwarrior, on Flickr

Instagram: nikkodemo_
¡¡¡11 Años en SkyscraperCity!!!
Nikkodemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 03:01 AM   #863
insulting-dutchman

Likes (Received): 1531

yeah been there for a while now. 2010?/11/12? anyway not news.
insulting-dutchman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2015, 03:58 PM   #864
Dam

Likes (Received): 129

After Emirates' A380 to Dubai, China Southern will fly from June 20 to Beijing with the A380, upgrading from the much smaller A330-300.

http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuw...80-op-schiphol

klm.b777, Patrick Highrise, -EMC liked this post
Dam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2015, 11:47 AM   #865
Seljuk

Likes (Received): 178

New easyJet base opened these days - 4th based aircraft will arrive next October
http://mediacentre.easyjet.com/stories/9093
Seljuk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2015, 10:07 PM   #866
Henk

Likes (Received): 1297

Superb panorama. To big to post here.
Henk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 08:47 AM   #867
ramakrishna1984

Likes (Received): 788

Amsterdam Airport Schiphol international airport serving the Netherlands, Europe.

It was voted as the European region's best airport and the world's fourth best airport by the Business Traveller Awards.

firoz bharmal, brick84 liked this post
ramakrishna1984 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2015, 12:19 AM   #868
P05
Agur eta ohore

Likes (Received): 2273

Difficult day at Schiphol today due to the strong wind, some flights were cancelled.

B777 coming from Osaka landing at around 3.30 PM

Henk, Le Male, firoz bharmal, Mr_Dru, Equario and 6 others liked this post

Last edited by P05; July 26th, 2015 at 12:43 AM.
P05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2015, 07:56 AM   #869
Le Male

Likes (Received): 723

That is a scary landing, maybe the most scary I've seen of a 777.

By the way, I though KLM is no longer using the KLM Asia subbrand.
Le Male no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2015, 02:33 PM   #870
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62949

KLM always kept the titles on some of their 747s, that was probably more marketing then necessity.

But they started to use the company KLM Asia again a couple of years ago when they started direct flights to Taipei. Before they needed the company to fly to Taipei, not matter what route they took. Now it has to do with overflight rights to pass Mainland China's airspace with these flights. It's still an issue, no other non Taiwanese or Chinese airline pass mainland China's airspace on their flights to Taipei. Even China Airlines and EVA use a stop in Thailand on their flights to Amsterdam.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 12:30 PM   #871
British Republic

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
But they started to use the company KLM Asia again a couple of years ago when they started direct flights to Taipei. Before they needed the company to fly to Taipei, not matter what route they took. Now it has to do with overflight rights to pass Mainland China's airspace with these flights. It's still an issue, no other non Taiwanese or Chinese airline pass mainland China's airspace on their flights to Taipei. Even China Airlines and EVA use a stop in Thailand on their flights to Amsterdam.
Considering that PRC Carriers are flying to Taiwan themselves, what does Beijing have an issue with now (I mean few nations recognise the ROC anyway)?
British Republic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 01:04 PM   #872
Mr_Dru

Likes (Received): 547

Often KLM Asia includes a Asian crew. But recently KLM stopped to hire new Asian stewardesses.

patel2897 liked this post
Mr_Dru no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 04:52 PM   #873
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62949

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Republic View Post
Considering that PRC Carriers are flying to Taiwan themselves, what does Beijing have an issue with now (I mean few nations recognise the ROC anyway)?
Don't ask me, ask the Chinese government. Apparently it's still an issue, otherwise KLM wouldn't be doing it and we probably would still see Lufthansa, BA, etc. also fly to Taipei which they don't now. The only other European carrier to Taipei is Turkish Airlines, they started recently, or will very soon, but they don't have to do a large detour if they want to avoid mainland Chinese airspace.

The "regular" KLM, like many European carrier also use Asian stewardesses or stewards for their Asian flights. That's nothing specific for KLM Asia. This plane that made the hard landing came from Osaka anyway, even with the titles it was still operated by the regular KLM, with some Japanese staff on board.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 06:56 PM   #874
British Republic

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
Don't ask me, ask the Chinese government. Apparently it's still an issue, otherwise KLM wouldn't be doing it and we probably would still see Lufthansa, BA, etc. also fly to Taipei which they don't now. The only other European carrier to Taipei is Turkish Airlines, they started recently, or will very soon, but they don't have to do a large detour if they want to avoid mainland Chinese airspace.
There is however Emirates, who fly to Taipei from the West. Now unless they are avoiding flying though Mainland China themselves they fly there using planes which have the UAE flag despite one of the objections Beijing supposedly had was the use of "national symbols and colours" of planes flying into Taiwan. So if the PRC has not demanded Emirates remove the flag off their planes to Taipei I do wonder about the rule in itself.
British Republic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 10:28 PM   #875
KaiserSoze

Likes (Received): 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by P05 View Post
Difficult day at Schiphol today due to the strong wind, some flights were cancelled.

B777 coming from Osaka landing at around 3.30 PM

That was wild, almost came close to the Lufthansa wingstrike in Hamburg a few years ago.
KaiserSoze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2015, 04:13 PM   #876
IanCleverly
A New Kind of Medicine

Likes (Received): 230

https://uk.screen.yahoo.com/really-h...192036366.html

Or it's up on the youtubes

World 2 World liked this post
IanCleverly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2015, 03:58 PM   #877
soyjosem

Likes (Received): 7

AMS airport info, including size

here you can check some info of AMS airport, including the size of the airport

city-lines.com/project/ams-amsterdam-schiphol-international-airport/
soyjosem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 01:15 PM   #878
abrandao
Paris, France.

Likes (Received): 3842

I never thought I could have such a bad impression of AMS!

Last week I took a flight to Sao Paulo from Amsterdam with KLM. The access to Non-Schengen flights was a complete mess! Hundreds of passengers waiting to go through passport control desks without any organization from the airport staff. In Paris CDG, for example, passengers of Air France / KLM who have Sky Priority access have an exclusive lane for that. In many other international airports there are also dedicated lanes for diplomatic passports, crew and passengers with special needs.

Really disappointed with AMS. Not really what people expect from one of the most famous and prize-winning airports in the world.

Last edited by abrandao; December 29th, 2015 at 01:21 PM.
abrandao no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 09:49 PM   #879
RockinAnim

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandao View Post
I never thought I could have such a bad impression of AMS!

Last week I took a flight to Sao Paulo from Amsterdam with KLM. The access to Non-Schengen flights was a complete mess! Hundreds of passengers waiting to go through passport control desks without any organization from the airport staff. In Paris CDG, for example, passengers of Air France / KLM who have Sky Priority access have an exclusive lane for that. In many other international airports there are also dedicated lanes for diplomatic passports, crew and passengers with special needs.

Really disappointed with AMS. Not really what people expect from one of the most famous and prize-winning airports in the world.
I second that.
Passing through AMS back in early October coming back to Belgium via KLM's new Edmonton flight and what a mess. It was hectic and I was stressed. I never get stressed at airports. Connecting to the Schengen terminal had a massive line up. Every flight was delayed. The delayed flights had to have gate changes. Having announcements about gate changes non-stop. I had a connection of 3 hours and my ears were tired and confused. I can not say anything positive over my connection at AMS.

firoz bharmal liked this post
RockinAnim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2016, 08:50 AM   #880
patel2897
INDIA

Likes (Received): 3604

Our First Flight From Amsterdam Airport Schiphol! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= To India And Beyond Via Amsterdam - Our new European gateway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Peace Begins With Smile - Mother Teresa. He Who Has The Knowledge has the Responsibility To Impart It To The Students.-Rabindranath Tagore. Live As If You Were To Die Tomorrow. Learn As If You Were To Live Forever. - Mahatma Gandhi. My YouTube Channel Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHt...sCBbDKXmkN4YFw

Henk, firoz bharmal, Patrick Highrise liked this post
patel2897 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
amsterdam, european hub airport, schiphol